00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

- N A T A - Novice Round!

58,848 Views | 678 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-19 22:15:55

Got a background done today.

CHECK IT OUT!!

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-19 22:30:13

At 5/19/12 10:15 PM, BobyB64 wrote: Got a background done today.

CHECK IT OUT!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!! ZING ZING KABOOOM!!!

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-19 23:02:05

I've finished 10 seconds so far and storyboarded half. Still trying to polish everything.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/afd182b8eb7947d1bc675ee3 34a59bfb

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-19 23:09:48

WELL SINCE EVERYONES POSTING BACKGROUNDS

... I probably should have worked on this a bit more today. I played like 2/3 through Half Life 2 and recorded a 20 minute improvised guitar song instead. OH WELL.

poops

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-19 23:31:56

At 5/19/12 09:47 PM, Pahgawk wrote:
Is anyone else here doing somewhat fbf?
I'm trying to do a bit more frame-by-frame than I did last time since I have less other stuff going on to take priority, but oh my goodness this takes forever.

A little sample here: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0e656bd7e41aac10a142bac6 e5d83346

Yeah, it's painstaking, but rewarding once you get into it and find a workflow that you like. Nice job, can't wait to see the rest.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-19 23:39:59

Also, I'd considering changing my animation to be a parody on jmtb02's "This is The Only Level."

I think it's safe to say no one else realized just how well that game fits the theme. :3
I'm still partly considering it, but it's a little late into the round to change my idea entirely.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-19 23:40:34

Thought I'd post some WIP http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/df9d85d8a9053e8d966d730b 7fa9e71c

I'm going the more literal route on this one, off to a late start but I should be done in time.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-19 23:53:54

At 5/19/12 11:40 PM, coughing-dog wrote: Thought I'd post some WIP http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/df9d85d8a9053e8d966d730b 7fa9e71c

I'm going the more literal route on this one, off to a late start but I should be done in time.

That's what you get done after starting late? I gotta get my shit together.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-20 05:58:13

Here's one of mine.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-20 07:19:38

At 5/20/12 05:58 AM, ExtremeFudgeMaster wrote: Here's one of mine.

That is supremely extreme!

Here's mine so far.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-20 07:32:17

At 5/20/12 07:19 AM, sandwich-eater wrote:

Here's mine so far.

damn, looks neat, although i would put some complementary colors, this is like the time chamber from DBZ, no ?

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-20 09:06:56

At 5/19/12 07:57 PM, NATA wrote:
He has written up this article, "Knowing Your ABCs" especially for NATA contestants who made it in!

Read it Here! --> http://munchymedia.com/nataguide/323/

Ah that's really good advice, I'll be sure to try that out this round seeing as I didn't finish last time.

PSN ID: CatFatius

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-20 14:17:21

At 5/20/12 07:19 AM, sandwich-eater wrote:

Here's mine so far.

Those beats where super dirty!!!!
thats what I hear now whenever I see any of your posts hahaha!

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-20 17:50:35

I remember in the open round thread someone had a problem where the frame rate would drop when a blur was tweened. I'm having that problem now, but I can't seem to find the post anymore. Could someone direct me to the post that explain how to fix the problem?

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-20 18:49:48

At 5/20/12 05:50 PM, ExtremeFudgeMaster wrote: I remember in the open round thread someone had a problem where the frame rate would drop when a blur was tweened. I'm having that problem now, but I can't seem to find the post anymore. Could someone direct me to the post that explain how to fix the problem?

I couldn't find the post either but I think the fix was save the image as a .png with the blur on it and import that into Flash. Let me know if that works.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-20 18:53:30

At 5/20/12 05:50 PM, ExtremeFudgeMaster wrote: I remember in the open round thread someone had a problem where the frame rate would drop when a blur was tweened. I'm having that problem now, but I can't seem to find the post anymore. Could someone direct me to the post that explain how to fix the problem?

Oh yeah - let me copypaste the solution i gave
"Hmmm ... The other thing is - save the blur thingy as a .png (only the blur thingy) and then use it in flash as an image [just remember to allow smoothing and rise the quality of the picture in the library"
+ also
Emrox wrote:
You seem to have everything resolved, but for future reference you can also use Modify > Shape > Soften fill edges

Cenaf wrote:
optimizing function also works great with that btw. :o

Hope that helps

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-20 18:55:05

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-20 21:33:54

At 5/20/12 02:17 PM, terabiter wrote:
At 5/20/12 07:19 AM, sandwich-eater wrote: Here's mine so far.
Those beats where super dirty!!!!
thats what I hear now whenever I see any of your posts hahaha!

Haha awesome. I'll take that a success.

Anyway, I should probably start my thing now, so I don't lose by an embarrassing amount.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-21 08:25:46

I'd like to propose a bonus point category to the judging: 'How much hatemail you get from your entry'

Because I still get it from my 1st entry. Daily. I don't know what I'm doing right, but reading hatemail is one of the funnest ways to start your morning. :P

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-21 09:13:29

At 5/21/12 08:25 AM, Catoblepas wrote: I'd like to propose a bonus point category to the judging: 'How much hatemail you get from your entry'

Because I still get it from my 1st entry. Daily. I don't know what I'm doing right, but reading hatemail is one of the funnest ways to start your morning. :P

You won't beat me in that... once i uploaded my part from open round to my YouTube (not i have mostly Polish audience there) they started insulting me of being a dick/traitor etc. for not doing a movie in Polish (that's their most used argument) - i have lost over 100 subscribers lol :D and their reasoning is bullshit ;D And once i said for fun that i won't add subtitles they started threatening me to leave Poland etc. :D (anyone from US/UK wanna adopt me :D?)

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-21 10:00:46

At 5/21/12 09:13 AM, DuDuL wrote:
At 5/21/12 08:25 AM, Catoblepas wrote: I'd like to propose a bonus point category to the judging: 'How much hatemail you get from your entry'

You won't beat me in that... once i uploaded my part from open round to my YouTube (not i have mostly Polish audience there) they started insulting me of being a dick/traitor etc. for not doing a movie in Polish (that's their most used argument) - i have lost over 100 subscribers lol :D and their reasoning is bullshit ;D And once i said for fun that i won't add subtitles they started threatening me to leave Poland etc. :D (anyone from US/UK wanna adopt me :D?)

Thats a problem ive had (not with mail, but with comments), thats why i dont make much stuff, if i do something in spanish i get sooo much hate from people that speak english (1st animation i uploaded to newgrounds), the same if i make something in english, even if i put subs.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-21 10:18:13

At 5/21/12 10:00 AM, francisyfl wrote:
At 5/21/12 09:13 AM, DuDuL wrote:

Thats a problem ive had (not with mail, but with comments), thats why i dont make much stuff, if i do something in spanish i get sooo much hate from people that speak english (1st animation i uploaded to newgrounds), the same if i make something in english, even if i put subs.

That is why i decided to abandon making films in Polish on my YT after one last movie i started month ago and i will turn full time on making English voiced ones... i will get hate, i will lose viewers but in the end it will be better for me and with time i will gain new viewers.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-21 11:04:27

At 5/21/12 10:18 AM, DuDuL wrote:
That is why i decided to abandon making films in Polish on my YT after one last movie i started month ago and i will turn full time on making English voiced ones... i will get hate, i will lose viewers but in the end it will be better for me and with time i will gain new viewers.

well, not to get all nacionalist and stuff, but i think its better to have a following from your own country, you already have that, use that power youve earned, if i had a group of people that loved to watch my stuff that would be freaking awesome, you can easily do gatherings and stuff, and change your country environment together, thats what id love to do here. I think its awesome to have followers from everywhere, just keep putting subs until they like it :P.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-21 11:32:52

At 5/21/12 11:04 AM, francisyfl wrote:
At 5/21/12 10:18 AM, DuDuL wrote:
well, not to get all nacionalist and stuff, but i think its better to have a following from your own country, you already have that, use that power youve earned, if i had a group of people that loved to watch my stuff that would be freaking awesome, you can easily do gatherings and stuff, and change your country environment together, thats what id love to do here. I think its awesome to have followers from everywhere, just keep putting subs until they like it :P.

Okay i gave my point too fast ;P - i didn't mean that i'm throwing it all away - i did let them know that i will switch language in my vids and why. Some raged and still rages, some agreed and accepted it and the rest will watch my stuff anyway - Those who really 'love and support' my stuff are on my facebook hehe. I'm doing this because i want to be a better animator - and English vids plus on Newgrounds allows me to (i never recieved any feedback on my YT :P)... Okay i guess it's enough of this topic

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-21 12:07:47

At 5/21/12 11:32 AM, DuDuL wrote:

(i never recieved any feedback on my YT :P)... Okay i guess it's enough of this topic

ahahahahahhahaah i understand :P

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-21 14:31:09

BOY IS IT GREAT TO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-21 14:42:57

At 5/21/12 02:31 PM, Emrox wrote: BOY IS IT GREAT TO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT.

'Merica, WOOOO! yeah, no, I'm actually not that prideful about my country.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-21 15:34:01

At 5/21/12 02:42 PM, JerrodStorm wrote: 'Merica, WOOOO! yeah, no, I'm actually not that prideful about my country.

Why not?

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-21 15:48:07

At 5/21/12 01:43 PM, Monsieur-Monsieur wrote: I wonder how many hatemails do you get when you've made "Fucking Kids".

Ho boy. If only someday I'd get the strength to try and count all the death/arrest/beat-up threats of that one. Also it was the quickest flash I've ever seen to be removed from the front page. Under 2 hours. :D

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-21 16:31:47

At 5/21/12 03:34 PM, BobyB64 wrote:
At 5/21/12 02:42 PM, JerrodStorm wrote: 'Merica, WOOOO! yeah, no, I'm actually not that prideful about my country.
Why not?

No particular reason. I just don't think about being american that much. Not to say I'm not grateful that I live in somewhere so blessed.

BBS Signature