00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Coder for near complete flash game?

1,488 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Are there any AS2 coders here who would be able to finish coding on THIS game?

As you can see, it very close to completion. Andy70707, the coder, won't be available to finish it due to school. The things that NEED to be finished:

final boss (this would be easy enough to code; there are no very complex movements or actions. )
minor glitches (minor walking glitches, animation glitches, etc.)

things that would be IDEAL:

Adding one medal for beating the game
perhaps a melee attack to push back enemies if they overcrowd you?
the ability to program in multiple weapons (maybe one weapon for every 2 levels)
The .fla is structured in a way that makes it easy to edit variables as you choose. As for payment, I would be able to offer you, the coder, 20% of the revenue (FlashStorm, another artist, has 30% and Andy has 50%, so I'm willing to give you my remaining 20%). And a lot of the details are up in the air, I'd love to discuss the little stuff with anyone interested. Cheers! :3

Response to Coder for near complete flash game? 2012-05-12 21:21:52

I would be willing to help out, I have some experience using flash and know my way around coding with as3, assuming that's what you have used for this game. If you would like any examples of my work let me know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~Sycnex~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Response to Coder for near complete flash game? 2012-05-12 22:40:50

At 5/12/12 09:21 PM, SycneX wrote: I would be willing to help out, I have some experience using flash and know my way around coding with as3, assuming that's what you have used for this game. If you would like any examples of my work let me know.

Thanks for volunteering, but this game is coded is AS2. I'll PM you anyway to discuss details. (For anybody looking in this thread, I'm keeping it open for now, I'll post a final message when I do not need a coder anymore)

Response to Coder for near complete flash game? 2012-08-11 00:42:49

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but it's relevant again. The last coder is unable to continue, so I'm back to square one. Once again, the game has a foundation in place, but if you'd like to restart it, that's fine too. I must say that I'm working full steam ahead on my Madness Day toon and will be right up till Sept. 22, so if anything happens now, we'd just be discussing details. After that, however, I'm ready to get right back to it! At this point, maybe we'd be able to add a few things before 2012 ends and have a big ole' update for Pico Day 2013.

Response to Coder for near complete flash game? 2012-08-11 19:20:36

I'll be willing to help you with it. I've made two games with AS2 so far, which can be found here and here. I'm busy at the moment but in Sept 22 I'll have the time to do it. Meanwhile, I could just fix up some glitches and try to add in the medal.

You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

Response to Coder for near complete flash game? 2012-08-11 19:49:10

At 8/11/12 07:20 PM, Rational-Delirium wrote: which can be found here and here

btw, the games I posted don't have preloaders because the fla files have been changed and the new features aren't exactly showable yet.

You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

Response to Coder for near complete flash game? 2012-08-12 11:21:51

At 8/11/12 07:49 PM, Rational-Delirium wrote:
At 8/11/12 07:20 PM, Rational-Delirium wrote: which can be found here and here
btw, the games I posted don't have preloaders because the fla files have been changed and the new features aren't exactly showable yet.

Alright! By the time you see this, I'll have already shot you a PM.

Response to Coder for near complete flash game? 2012-12-16 18:42:12

Well, this is awkward...I'm back to square one again, having gone through three coders. I guess this game is just cursed...to reaffirm, I just want to polish up what's already there, add the boss, and MAYBE a few things here and there; nothing back-breaking, but I've come to the conclusion that it may have to be built from the ground up due to different people having different ways of coding. Not much else has changed besides the fact that I'm pretty free to work solely on this. Did I leave anything out? (just to put this here, I was really hoping to have this completely finished up BY April 30 so I could basically apply this as one big patch/update)

Response to Coder for near complete flash game? 2012-12-21 01:55:43

At 12/16/12 06:42 PM, LDAF wrote: Well, this is awkward...I'm back to square one again, having gone through three coders. I guess this game is just cursed...to reaffirm, I just want to polish up what's already there, add the boss, and MAYBE a few things here and there; nothing back-breaking, but I've come to the conclusion that it may have to be built from the ground up due to different people having different ways of coding. Not much else has changed besides the fact that I'm pretty free to work solely on this. Did I leave anything out? (just to put this here, I was really hoping to have this completely finished up BY April 30 so I could basically apply this as one big patch/update)

Well, that right there should be a good thing because if you have to restart then you could do it in AS3 this time, there's less of a chance of things going wrong this time. I might apply; there's no guarantee I'll finish but I do have some free time on my hands.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature