00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who Need Feminism? Campaign

14,492 Views | 114 Replies

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-14 21:26:01

At 4/14/12 08:37 PM, SirFinland wrote: I'd support feminism if it didn't transform from wanting equality to wanting superiority. The feminist movement these days are mostly bigots.

no it's not

no they're not

i love how most people in this thread base their entire argument of "IT SUX" by "oh i saw this one thing on TV"

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-14 21:26:45

At 4/14/12 09:00 PM, SnoopyChicken wrote:
At 4/14/12 08:57 PM, SKHM wrote: The state of modern films is absolutely pathetic when it comes to respecting women. Skimpy clothing, the always up for sex attitude, and they are treated no better than toys. Sometimes I get angry at films for the same reason.
Couldn't agree more. It's funny how men rage at Twilight and the hunger games, is it any wonder a film where a female protagonist isn't totally objectified is lapped up by young women?

Katha Politt, GREAT feminist writer for The Nation, wrote this fantastic feminist review of Hunger Games.

Who would have thought a children's book could critique late capitalism, patriarchal society, and fascism all at once?

G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A

LAST.FM

CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-14 21:35:04

At 4/14/12 09:26 PM, SKHM wrote: Who would have thought a children's book could critique late capitalism, patriarchal society, and fascism all at once?

probably anyone who has ever read a book

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-14 21:38:07

At 4/14/12 09:35 PM, Sanch wrote:
At 4/14/12 09:26 PM, SKHM wrote: Who would have thought a children's book could critique late capitalism, patriarchal society, and fascism all at once?
probably anyone who has ever read a book

What are some other children's books that have, Sanch?

I assume you have read plenty!

LAST.FM

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-14 22:11:38

At 4/14/12 05:21 PM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote:
At 4/14/12 04:45 PM, SKHM wrote: We should use our "male privilege" for good and not cyberbully women online. We should be above that.
What the fuck is male privilege?

Getting drafted into the army to die for a cause you don't support.

Just kidding.

I'm not anti-feminism. I think all inequalities and unfairness should be combated. That having been said I think there are more important racial and disability discriminations that need to dealt with.

I don't like that tumblr movement. Its smug, self-congratulatory, ineffectual, pointless wankery. No-one of any importance is making any efforts to get rid of feminism. I dislike internet feminists because I haven't met one that had any interest in convincing anyone. Most seem to want to label people as misogynists (even if they're male chauvinists instead), pat themselves on the back and leave. Keyboard warriors.

/thread

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-14 22:12:07

Reading this entire thread, NewGrounds proves to be once again, a cesspool of whiny teenage virgins who've never seen a real woman before.

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-14 22:16:03

At 4/14/12 08:15 PM, All-American-Badass wrote:
At 4/14/12 07:47 PM, psychopathy wrote: a bunch of misandrists is what they are
Well could've fooled me about that, since i've yet to see anyone who represents feminism in modern times to denounce those said men-haters.
That's why I think it's a joke, and I'm more libertarian than anything.
it's funny because i could've sworn seeing you say you are socially conservative a while back
Unless you're someone's alt, I don't think i've said anything about being socially conservative since you joined.

i am an alt.

In fact I don't think i've ever said anything on newgrounds about being a social conservative, i've said i'm conservative but never went into what kind of conservative.

well if you said you are a conservative then most likely you would be socially conservative. that's kinda how it works.

in the u.s., this applies:

conservative = social and economic conservative

liberal = economic and social liberal

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-14 22:17:51

At 4/14/12 10:12 PM, Sheepiez wrote: Reading this entire thread, NewGrounds proves to be once again, a cesspool of whiny teenage virgins who've never seen a real woman before.

You couldn't be more right!

Here is a photo of a "real woman" for all the Newgrounds virgins who have never seen one.

Take a good look at her. Proud. Independent. Outside of patriarchal norms. Fierce.

This is a real woman.

LAST.FM

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 00:03:03

At 4/14/12 10:17 PM, SKHM wrote:
At 4/14/12 10:12 PM, Sheepiez wrote: Reading this entire thread, NewGrounds proves to be once again, a cesspool of whiny teenage virgins who've never seen a real woman before.
You couldn't be more right!

Here is a photo of a "real woman" for all the Newgrounds virgins who have never seen one.

Take a good look at her. Proud. Independent. Outside of patriarchal norms. Fierce.

This is a real woman.

look dont get me wrong, but i think that photograph is not what feminism is about yo..haircuts?

i need feminism to make profit off the capitalist beast yo

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 00:04:25

yo yo, God save the king, so the king can save the hoe, yo yo

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 00:41:55

I don't want to be "manly" anymore either. I'm sick of this. I shouldn't have to listen to music that proves how "hard" and "manly" I am. I shouldn't have to listen to hard rock or metal. I shouldn't have to dress like a man. I should be able to wear a dress if I want to. I should be able to wear makeup without being called emo or gay. I should be able to drive my economical smart car without being made fun of by some redneck in an environment killing "manly" truck. Are you some Christian that doesn't appreciate the fact that I wear a rainbow flag sticker on the back of my car? Tough shit. I am an individual. Don't pass judgement on me, and tell that to all your Christian and GOP buddies who wish we were all dead.

My advice to the misogynists: Take your muscle cars, business suits, hard liquor, shitty patriarchal attitudes and shove them right up your ass!

LAST.FM

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 06:59:31

If you don't want to be manly, and your a man, you probably have low T, and need to go to
the doctor. Seriously.

Also, I fixed this.

Skaren made my Icon and Sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 07:05:05

At 4/14/12 10:17 PM, SKHM wrote: Take a good look at her. Proud. Independent. Outside of patriarchal norms. Fierce.

This is a real woman.

I question if that's actually a woman. Also, if someone thinks shes a lesbian because of her haircut, thats
not mens fault, that's just human nature to associate things together like that. Why do you think
stupid ideas like culture exist? (PSST, that means women do it too, da derpty derpa derp derp.)

Skaren made my Icon and Sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 07:12:03

Yeah I agree.

Feminism shouldn't be a way for guys to excuse themselves from being masculine.

/thread

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 09:08:39

At 4/15/12 07:47 AM, SnoopyChicken wrote:
At 4/15/12 07:33 AM, MrPercie wrote: Feminism-The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

Sounds ok to me, I like that.

I dont know why everyones getting so butthurt though. was there something I missed?
People think(despite the evidence pointing otherwise) that men and women are already equal now, so feminism is about women getting more rights than men.

Really, women are faced with equal threats to men in this world? I don't think so, racistbassist, and whoever else opposes civil rights in this thread. 99% of religions say that women are the property of their husbands. The fact is, the empowerment of women is great for society. If women can be allowed to get control over their animal cycle of reproduction, through contraception, which so many religious people have opposed, if they can be allowed to divorce and be allowed rights over their ability to produce children, it is amazing just how far society will progress.

Feminism has been important in helping free women from this cycle. Long may it continue.

The preceding post was probably made when I was wasted. Only a fool would think of it as fact.

Click here to see mushookieman get pwned.

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 09:33:27

I'll start treating woman as equals as soon as I find one who is both intelligent and not a fucking-you-over psychotic bitch.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 10:00:33

At 4/14/12 04:45 PM, SKHM wrote: some how long agoâEU¦the male dominated culture of the internet decided it was OK to anonymously abuse women of all ages on the basis of their looks, their weight, their gender expression, the social status, their hair, their body, their clothesâEU¦ Whatever is needed to shut women up.

The flaw in this logic is that everyone gets treated like shit on the internet regardless of their gender, race, sexual orientation, or whatever other demographic they happen to belong to. Yes, women get judged by all of the above things, but men get judged by an equally long list of things, so trying to claim that women are being singled out here is just narcissism mascaraing as self-advocacy.

As far as feminism as a whole goes, I don't think it's fair to make blanket judgements due to how feminism is so divided now. Some feminists address real issues, like the fact that women get paid less on average and some of the more serious body image issues in our society. They're fine. Then, there are feminists who spend all of their time making mountains out of molehills and being generally obnoxious to the point where they're creating more prejudice than they're fighting by representing women as antagonistic and oversensitive, like that one poster on the tumblr who gets offended by being called a girl. We can do away with them.

I also think it's an oversimplification to claim that women or men have more power in our society at this point. If you average it all out, they have about the same amount of power, but it's not that simple. There are numerous double standards for both men and women, and they're all unjust. As far as I see it, trying to argue over whom is the most oppressed is the stupidest and most unproductive way of addressing the issue. All of these double standards need to be eliminated, regardless of whom they favor.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 10:14:28

First date, "omg the guy has to pay he's the male "

Work, "omg, the why does he get paid more, even though he is more physically capable and does harder work, unfair "

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 11:17:10

At 4/15/12 12:41 AM, SKHM wrote: My advice to the misogynists: Take your muscle cars, and shove them right up your ass!

Even women love muscle cars, i know a few that have them or would like to have them.

At 4/14/12 10:16 PM, psychopathy wrote:
well if you said you are a conservative then most likely you would be socially conservative. that's kinda how it works.

in the u.s., this applies:

conservative = social and economic conservative

liberal = economic and social liberal

Well i guess i can't argue with that logic, that still doesn't change the fact i never said i was a social conservative though.

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 11:24:17

Feminism is the ultimate form of stupidity, most CEOs are men because men have been better leaders than women and have been proving for the last few hundred years. Fuck feminism, standard gender roles are key. It's been holding the human race together for the longest time, straying away from it leads to wars, chaos, and everything else.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 12:11:44

Malenism: Male empowerment "Fuck all bitches, get money"
Feminism: Female empowerment "Fuck all men, get dildo"
Humanism: Human empowerment "Yay for humans"
PETA: Animal empowerment "Fuck all humans, get pets"

...that is all.

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-15 14:10:13

At 4/15/12 11:24 AM, Suprememessage wrote: Fuck feminism, standard gender roles are key. It's been holding the human race together for the longest time, straying away from it leads to wars, chaos, and everything else.

Name one war that was caused by the breaking of gender roles.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-16 07:37:50

At 4/15/12 11:58 AM, MrPercie wrote:
At 4/15/12 11:52 AM, abbuw wrote: Feminism is just down right silliness. The women have equal rights now, so, never take feminism seriously.
thats stupid, thats like saying racism isnt a problem these days just because we have abolished the slave trade.

Well, abolishing slavery isn't the same as equal rights, so your analogy is wrong.

I'm very much in support of freedom of speech and freedom of thought. I support feminism trying to change peoples minds. I disagree with legislators trying to impose it or producing quotas.

/thread

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-16 07:48:07

Look at this woman. The sadness in her eyes. You can just tell she is fed up with our hateful society.

Life shouldn't be this hard on women.

Just because this woman isn't a super model doesn't mean we shouldn't care about her. She is a real human being. She has her own set of beliefs. Her own emotions.

Look at what women contribute to society. Don't look at their designer purse and make-up'd face.

LAST.FM

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-16 08:03:57

At 4/14/12 05:21 PM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote: What the fuck is male privilege?

It's code for "what you're reading is completely insipid and of no intellectual value."

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-16 08:08:02

i have always thought that a feminist needs a good solid fucking, then a person to hug them and show them that a number of ideas that they all hold as their bible and choir are incorrect about good men, and then the rest of the pieces will just fall into place in time with or without that man beside her every day

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-16 08:32:25

Feminism is a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously. only bitches who have a chip on their should subscribe to that shit.

sure 19th amendment, woman voting and all that . but the thing is that was nessecary the femminist nowadays just preach or demand shit that isn't needed.

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-16 09:38:02

At 4/16/12 08:08 AM, tox wrote: i have always thought that a feminist needs a good solid fucking, then a person to hug them and show them that a number of ideas that they all hold as their bible and choir are incorrect about good men, and then the rest of the pieces will just fall into place in time with or without that man beside her every day

Good men like you? Nice guys who think they can fuck thoughts out of womens heads?

/thread

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-16 22:25:42

At 4/16/12 07:48 AM, SKHM wrote: Look at this woman. The sadness in her eyes. You can just tell she is fed up with our hateful society.

Life shouldn't be this hard on women.

Just because this woman isn't a super model doesn't mean we shouldn't care about her. She is a real human being. She has her own set of beliefs. Her own emotions.

Look at what women contribute to society. Don't look at their designer purse and make-up'd face.

Maybe if she wasn't so obese modern society wouldn't be as hard on her, that's the way things are today for some reason.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Who Need Feminism? Campaign 2012-04-16 22:41:31

At 4/16/12 07:48 AM, SKHM wrote: Just because this woman isn't a super model doesn't mean we shouldn't care about her. She is a real human being. She has her own set of beliefs. Her own emotions.

I'm caring less per sentence, but if it makes you feel any better, I don't care for fat, emotional men either.

On a personal note, my grandpa asks me all the time if I've got a girlfriend to show him yet. I heavily doubt that he'd think I'm some kind of inferior man for saying no. He's just acting on the "selfish gene" rule (i.e. If you're done making copies of your gene code, encourage your relatives).

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature