00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Interloping just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

DarkAchronX?

8,087 Views | 130 Replies

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 20:31:49

Heil Wade, mein führer.

DA and I were administrators on Clockgrounds (I first made him s-mod). He'd quell trouble in a flash whenever I wasn't around (which, admittedly, was quite rare.) Though him and I don't always get along, I trust in his judgment.

He doesn't post a lot. So fucking what? That doesn't mean he doesn't come here and see if there's idiocy abound. If I see a problem here, I've got three mods on my buddy list, and I buzz them if there's an issue to get out of the way.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 20:34:41

At 5/14/04 05:58 PM, DarkArchonX wrote: 11 out of the Now 15 moderators are active from what I see.

Well I counted 6, which is a bunch to me.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 20:38:14

At 5/14/04 08:34 PM, ____________________ wrote:
At 5/14/04 05:58 PM, DarkArchonX wrote: 11 out of the Now 15 moderators are active from what I see.

well, the number came from the mods with current bans pending or active :o

... LOL WOW this signature is ancient.

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 20:44:38

Dayum,I have no idea while people are giving Dark a hard time..I for one,like to see him as a Mod. He is great/funny/respectable person.

Dark,congrats on becoming a Mod and good luck with them dayum haters out there.

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 21:14:55

At 5/14/04 01:14 AM, TheJoe324 wrote: Llama_Of_Death should be a BBS mod too. He's been a chat op for a long time so he may as well be a BBS mod too.

i vote for teh lama of death to! he sex0rs me up

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 22:14:42

At 5/14/04 06:24 PM, mighty_potato wrote: OK, no offense but I think that the modding of DarkAchronX is a travesty. A mod in the NG BBS should be someone that has a relatively high post count that can be trusted to act maturely on the BBS. And with someone of your stats, we just don't know. Thank god poxpower is being made a mod. At least that should counteract the bad decision. There are many more suitable candidates for modship other than yourself.

Gee, do you think maybe Wade has had some wheelings and dealings with him OUTSIDE the BBS?

I sure do. Now shut up. I doubt Wade would just mod someone without knowing anything about them, as you suggested.

Dead.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 23:51:02

I think this whole mod thing is starting to get out of hand. It's so obvious that mod status is very political. Only those that are mods can choose who will become mods..... what if the mods don't like a user who can do a very good job? What if the users out there can "TRUST" whoever can do a great job? It's a very tough decisions to choose mods. You never know how much an individual can change over time.. (for example.. never go to the bbs anymore.. never have time for the bbs.. start not following the rules when infact the mod is the one who should be seeing if everyone else is following the rules.)
From my experience.. the best way to choose a mod is this...
-The person must be very fair
-The person must follow the rules and enforce the rules
-The person must not abuse their powers
-The person must be very active
-The person must be very helpful
And if they follow this.. then they can be trusted.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 23:53:50

At 5/14/04 12:31 AM, Revolverlution wrote: Who is this? Ive never heard of this mod before. Only 172 posts?

He's usually in the chat. :|

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-15 01:05:30

At 5/14/04 11:53 PM, Rancid_Alan wrote:
At 5/14/04 12:31 AM, Revolverlution wrote: Who is this? Ive never heard of this mod before. Only 172 posts?
He's usually in the chat. :|

its true he is. i remember him

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-15 03:16:01

At 5/14/04 01:24 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote: <DarkArchon> I KNOW there are people that deserve it more than me
<DarkArchon> but shit happens.

Blah..I dont like him..Someone else should mod in his damn place.

He tries to be humble and admits other BBS users should be mods before him... and that's a reason to not like him? To me, that's a reason to respect him for not being an arrogant "I DESERVE THIS MORE THAN ANYONE!" bastard.

As for "in his damn place," since when is there a limit to the number of mods? It's not like he's the black guy getting hired at some office, and a more deserving, better qualified white guy got the shaft cause there was only one spot open. There's no limit to mods since it's not like we get paid or anything. His modding is not stopping ANYONE ELSE's moddings, as is made obvious by pox becoming a mod shortly afterwards.

At 5/14/04 05:13 AM, Dobio wrote:
At 5/14/04 05:11 AM, IAmAlastor wrote: Other than that, he's pretty much a nobody. There are so many more deserving users.
But like you said: this is a joke.
Mhmm....all of his posts but 16...from this year...O_o

I feel like we've just given a new user moderator powers....definitely a joke.

:::shrugs:::

And yes, more deserving users...yes indeed.

How does this change anything?

Change anything? Wha?

I really wish everyone would stop talking about being modded like it's some exclusive holy grail, and it only happens once every decade, and OH GOD NOE, they wasted the one for the 2000s on DarkArchonX!!! WHAT WILL WE DO UNTIL 2011?!?!

At 5/14/04 12:49 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
At 5/14/04 12:46 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
Suck up bitch you are. Meh i dont know you SOAS, maybe someday i can say the same for you that the others are saying.
I dont care if you know me or not. Im not on trial to be mod here. I never asked or promoted it. Im just AGAINST a certain mod, and i'd like to see my other long term ng users friends mod because they deserve it. </3
And dont worry. I dont know you either. So I think we are even. I know the "cool" people. Yo. >:/

Since when do mods have to be "cool"? I'm a perfect example of a helpful, effective, uncool mod.

Modding based on who's your "long term ng user friend" is not a great principle.

At 5/14/04 06:38 PM, Forever_Knight wrote:
At 5/14/04 06:35 PM, Tremour wrote: Is that how new moderators are selected, the current ones recommend them?
Not in this case, or Newgrundlings.

NGlings turned out good tho.

Until he got destroyed by Kings of Chaos in December. Almost half a year since he's been around aside from that damned topic. He doesn't even post THERE anymore. I presume KoC developed a good forum on their own site or he uses AIM to talk to other players now. (sigh)

At 5/14/04 08:38 PM, DarkArchonX wrote:
At 5/14/04 08:34 PM, ____________________ wrote:
well, the number came from the mods with current bans pending or active :o

That's not entirely accurate. Both of my active bans were extended by liljim to 2006 and 2008, I handed them out in March and April and haven't had a ban all May, but... having someone on a banlist is not a good indicator of whether a mod is active. I lock topics and remove pictures way more often than ban someone. Trust me, I have the stat files to prove it. #;-}>

Anyway, like many others, I too don't know you very well, but since Wade trusts you, and you've apparently been a good audio portal mod, I think you'll make a fine BBS mod, and you should stop worrying about what other people say and who would be a better one or whatever other bullshit.

Welcome aboard.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-15 03:16:40

At 5/14/04 03:57 PM, iLLiCit_JmBd wrote: I could care less if Wade doesn't trust me.

The reason I lie is because I don't take the internet that seriously and couldn't care less if people trust me or not. If I took this site more seriously, I'd probably be more of a model citizen.

Why bother? Hell, I don't even take my education seriously.

Is there ANYTHING you take seriously, then?

At 5/14/04 06:24 PM, mighty_potato wrote: OK, no offense but I think that the modding of DarkAchronX is a travesty. A mod in the NG BBS should be someone that has a relatively high post count that can be trusted to act maturely on the BBS. And with someone of your stats, we just don't know. Thank god poxpower is being made a mod. At least that should counteract the bad decision. There are many more suitable candidates for modship other than yourself.

I'm going to say this for the last time...

THERE

IS

NO

LIMIT

ON

NEW

MODS.

His modding will not prevent a single other person who's going to get modded... from getting modded! Christ.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature