00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Interloping just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

DarkAchronX?

8,086 Views | 130 Replies

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:40:09

At 5/14/04 03:38 PM, Tremour wrote: That's because most of the mods are in the same time zone, and therfore are online at the same time. But it would be nice to see more mods, if only to curb the increasing amount of flame wars occuring.

liek mods from differnet time zones, like from englnad..... :D

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:40:39

At 5/14/04 03:38 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote: But hey, if they do have a huge mod update I am sure you will be one of the new mods!!!

*Inflation of Dobio's head has reached a maximum*

Haha.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:41:45

At 5/14/04 03:38 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote:
Yeah I agree, hahaha.
But hey, if they do have a huge mod update I am sure you will be one of the new mods!!!

Mike

We don't have enough Turtleneck wearing mods these days, just joking. I wonder if Dobio would make a good mod, maybe he'd be a little to ban happy :)

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:42:04

At 5/14/04 03:29 PM, Tremour wrote: But they'll stop making people mods soon, we can't have 130 users a night with 120 of them being mods.

If they wanted 120 mods, they would just mod everyone that deserves it more than Archon.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:45:38

At 5/14/04 03:42 PM, TheJoe324 wrote:
If they wanted 120 mods, they would just mod everyone that deserves it more than Archon.

Lol-ing, you obviously don't agree with the new addition to the team, to tell the truth i was a little surprised myself. Of well, best not voice my opinions to loudly, unlike you, i can be banned by him :D

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:49:34

At 5/14/04 03:42 PM, TheJoe324 wrote: If they wanted 120 mods, they would just mod everyone that deserves it more than Archon.

Is everyone on the Mod forum giving him the cold shoulder???

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:49:41

At 5/14/04 02:07 PM, WadeFulp wrote: There are certain people we trust.

I'm assuming Bend isn't on that list huh? ;)

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:53:27

Im not sure how Dobio would fare as a mod. I feel that he would get ridiculously ban happy. Instead of flaming, he would ban, and suddenly the amount of posters would halve. And fluffykins would be continually banned. (see top 100 posters list)

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:58:10

At 5/14/04 03:53 PM, BananaBread_Muffin wrote: Im not sure how Dobio would fare as a mod.

One minute he's talking about he's trying to leave this place and the other he's coming across as one of the most dedicated BBS users with topics like, I'll tell you your forum Aura (or whatever it was called). I tend to think that its just a strategy of his in order to be considered, ya know, the whole showing that I don't really care thing. Pretty smart if you ask me.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 16:22:04

At 5/14/04 03:57 PM, iLLiCit_JmBd wrote:

If I took this site more seriously, I'd probably be more of a model citizen.

Meh, you've already established yourself asa a legend anyway, respect would be the last thing on my mind if I did. I was only poking fun man. ;)

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 16:33:00

...DarkWhoX???

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 16:37:04

At 5/14/04 03:12 PM, cool_penguin_0 wrote:
But the thing is, people like earfetish actually contribute to the BBS and post!

LMFAO.....You cannot be fucking serious, Earfetish as a moderator, dont be so silly.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 16:44:12

At 5/14/04 04:37 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: LMFAO.....You cannot be fucking serious, Earfetish as a moderator, dont be so silly.

Yeah I agree with you.
Earfetish is a swell fellow and I like him alot, but he would be to soft to be a mod.

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 16:58:43

At 5/14/04 04:44 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote:
Yeah I agree with you.
Earfetish is a swell fellow and I like him alot, but he would be to soft to be a mod.

Replace soft with faggy and youve hit the nail on the head.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 17:03:36

At 5/14/04 04:58 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Replace soft with faggy and youve hit the nail on the head.

and this is coming from someone with "Tolkien Club Founder" in his sig.

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 17:58:38

At 5/14/04 11:30 AM, WadeFulp wrote:
Who's to say DarkAchron doesn't read through the forums way more than he posts?

My old name :o

At 5/14/04 12:10 PM, DarkSytze wrote:
At 5/14/04 12:35 AM, DarkArchonX wrote: oh Relax fella's
he looks like archon clock..

in Starcraft there is an Archon and a Dark Archon. The Archon is formed when two Templar merge, the Dark Archon is formed when two Dark Templar merge.

At 5/14/04 02:10 PM, Captain_Bob wrote:
Just because he has lurked for a long time doesn't qualify him for mod. While he has been active on NG for a long time, he hasn't on the BBS, and therefore shouldn't be a mod. I would like to know exactly why he was made a mod.

I have been a Moderator on several forums over the past 6 Years. I was an administrator for a site with over 3,000 users at its peak, it did decline and never had as much traffic as the NG BBS does, but I feel that I can be as strict as anyone.

At 5/14/04 03:03 PM, ____________________ wrote: its getting too long in my opinion, with a buch of very inactive names.

11 out of the Now 15 moderators are active from what I see.

At 5/14/04 12:49 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: Im just AGAINST a certain mod, and i'd like to see my other long term ng users friends mod because they deserve it.

Thats not my fault. if something is offered to me, I take it.

... LOL WOW this signature is ancient.

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:05:26

At 5/14/04 05:58 PM, DarkArchonX wrote: Thats not my fault. if something is offered to me, I take it.

What? thats selfish if you know there are better people for the job out there. If I had your stats, id fucking wouldnt be putting myself in a place i dont belong, offered or not.

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:24:46

OK, no offense but I think that the modding of DarkAchronX is a travesty. A mod in the NG BBS should be someone that has a relatively high post count that can be trusted to act maturely on the BBS. And with someone of your stats, we just don't know. Thank god poxpower is being made a mod. At least that should counteract the bad decision. There are many more suitable candidates for modship other than yourself.

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:31:32

At 5/14/04 06:05 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
At 5/14/04 05:58 PM, DarkArchonX wrote: Thats not my fault. if something is offered to me, I take it.
What? thats selfish if you know there are better people for the job out there. If I had your stats, id fucking wouldnt be putting myself in a place i dont belong, offered or not.

If you have a problem with him being a mod you need to come talk to me, not him. It's not his fault. If anyone is to blame it's me.

While many of you may not be familiar with DarkArchon he is very involved with the community and has been with NG for a long time. I knew we needed more mods, and the first person I had a chance to talk to about becoming a mod was DarkArchon. He had been helping us with the audio portal and I knew he would be up to the task.

If I opped people based on their level and post count we'd get ourselves into real trouble real fast.

This isn't a game where if you reach a certain status and do this or that you automatically become a mod. .

While some of you may think certain people would make better mods make them mods on your own fucking forums. If I don't know someone and I don't feel comfortable in making them a mod, I'm not going to. Now if the other mods get together and come to me and say "so and so would do a good job" I will trust their judgment.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:34:10

At 5/14/04 06:31 PM, WadeFulp wrote: If you have a problem with him being a mod you need to come talk to me, not him. It's not his fault. If anyone is to blame it's me.

Nicely said, who started the thought that a person with 5,000 n00b posts would be a better mod than one with 200 well thought out posts?

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:34:16

At 5/14/04 06:24 PM, mighty_potato wrote: OK, no offense but I think that the modding of DarkAchronX is a travesty. A mod in the NG BBS should be someone that has a relatively high post count that can be trusted to act maturely on the BBS. And with someone of your stats, we just don't know. Thank god poxpower is being made a mod. At least that should counteract the bad decision. There are many more suitable candidates for modship other than yourself.

Well it's not up to you now is it? Now stop giving him shit as it wasn't his decision. I asked him to be a mod, he didn't ask for it. He only accepted my offer.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:35:44

At 5/14/04 06:31 PM, WadeFulp wrote: "so and so would do a good job" I will trust their judgment.

Just a little question Wade. Is that how new moderators are selected, the current ones recommend them? As for DarkArchonX i haven't seen much of him, so I really can't tell if he'd make a good mod or not. But if you say he will, then i look forward to his modship reign.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:38:49

At 5/14/04 06:35 PM, Tremour wrote: Is that how new moderators are selected, the current ones recommend them?

Not in this case, or Newgrundlings.

NGlings turned out good tho.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:40:13

Fair enough Wade.
One question though. Should a normal NG user recommened people who seem up for the job of moderator, are they factored into the decsion? Or is it just the current mods who have the influence?

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:41:29

At 5/14/04 06:38 PM, Forever_Knight wrote:
Not in this case, or Newgrundlings.

Ah, Newgrundling. He's been gone quite a while, I miss him.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:45:12

There is no set rule on how one becomes a moderator. We moderate whoever we feel like. We like to get input from the other mods, and even the users. If the users recommend someone, and I don't know much about them, I may go ask the mods what they think. If they give the thumbs up, I have no problem making that person a mod, unless I know something about that person I don't like.

If I KNOW someone and I know I can trust them I don't need anyone else's input to make them a mod.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:46:09

At 5/14/04 03:33 PM, BananaBread_Muffin wrote:
At 5/14/04 03:12 PM, cool_penguin_0 wrote: But the thing is, people like earfetish and poxpower actually contribute to the BBS and post!
Are you suggesting they become mods? NG would become completely different! Spam would reign! As would goatse!

Well, at least you aren't suggesting bumcheekcity.. XD

And WHY would suggesting bumcheekcity be a bad thing? I dont like goatse...

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:46:23

Best way to become a mod:

Make a topic about it asking to be made one.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 18:46:39

Archon met Wade irl, remember? It's all about who you know.
(search his many posts and find it, page 4-5ish)

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 19:06:12

At 5/14/04 06:45 PM, WadeFulp wrote: There is no set rule on how one becomes a moderator. We moderate whoever we feel like. We like to get input from the other mods, and even the users. If the users recommend someone, and I don't know much about them, I may go ask the mods what they think. If they give the thumbs up, I have no problem making that person a mod, unless I know something about that person I don't like.

Thanks for the answer. I always wondered if the normal NG users had an opinion in mod decsions.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature