00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tang-tations just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

DarkAchronX?

8,084 Views | 130 Replies

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 13:10:35

At 5/14/04 09:06 AM, Jossos wrote: Of course this doesn't apply to ever mod. .*glares at Tanner*

What.

DarkAchronX?

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 13:12:34

At 5/14/04 12:33 AM, Ineffiable wrote: hes a mod? could be an alt account

Ya its must be a atl account.Are just Wade or Toms friends.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 13:15:17

At 5/14/04 01:10 PM, Forever_Knight wrote:
What.

What </?>

DarkAchronX?

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 13:18:29

At 5/14/04 01:10 PM, Forever_Knight wrote: What.

Nothing *whistles*

No more fucking moving .gifs? WHAT THE HELL. FUCK YOU.

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 13:19:42

At 5/14/04 01:18 PM, Jossos wrote: Nothing *whistles*

And here i was about to reccomend you as a mod.

DarkAchronX?

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 13:34:06

At 5/14/04 01:19 PM, Forever_Knight wrote:

*Shrugs*. .no you weren't, and even if you were going to can't say it's a big loss.

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 13:38:17

At 5/14/04 01:34 PM, Jossos wrote:
At 5/14/04 01:19 PM, Forever_Knight wrote:
*Shrugs*. .no you weren't, and even if you were going to can't say it's a big loss.

Ah, dont lie Jossos, you know youd love it.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 13:41:12

At 5/14/04 01:38 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
Ah, dont lie Jossos, you know youd love it.

Perhaps. . maybe. .just the tinyest bit. .but i think i might be a bit on the violent side to be a proper BBS mod. .to many people leaving and never coming back because of my rather short fuse

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 13:43:00

At 5/14/04 01:41 PM, Jossos wrote:
Perhaps. . maybe. .just the tinyest bit. .but i think i might be a bit on the violent side to be a proper BBS mod. .to many people leaving and never coming back because of my rather short fuse

Ah yes, if you were a mod i wouldnt bother you, except for the occasional dirty sex chat on AIM :) And i think i know who the first person you would ban would be, lol.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 13:45:59

At 5/14/04 01:43 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
Ah yes, if you were a mod i wouldnt bother you, except for the occasional dirty sex chat on AIM :)

I never do that! >_>. . <_<. . .

And i think i know who the first person you would ban would be, lol.

I would be fair. .i wouldn't ban him untill he gave me good reason. .like for example if he was online or something >:)

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 13:52:45

At 5/14/04 01:45 PM, Jossos wrote:
I never do that! >_>. . <_<. . .

Lol, well lets keep it between you and me ;)

I would be fair. .i wouldn't ban him untill he gave me good reason. .like for example if he was online or something >:)

Lol, i hear hes in the market for a big bit of revenge against you.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 13:59:13

At 5/14/04 01:52 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
Lol, i hear hes in the market for a big bit of revenge against you.

I dare him to try. Wayyyyy off topic. . i'll stop now

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 14:07:35

I think some of you are taking this to seriously. Sure it's nice to mod users who have high stats, but having high stats doesn't always mean the user would be a good mod.

If I'm an upstanding citizen in my community, and I've lived in my community for 40 years and they go and make some 25 year old guy a police officer, who could ticket me for speeding down my street, am I going to bitch and moan? NO!

While there are a lot of users here that may make great mods, and may deserve to be mods, we (NG Staff) may not know much about them.

There are certain people we trust, and if they recommend other people we will listen to them. However it's hard to take opinions from people we don't know or don't know if we can trust.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 14:10:40

At 5/14/04 11:30 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Who's to say DarkAchron doesn't read through the forums way more than he posts? He's also been coming to NG since the beginning, but didn't sign up until more recently. Who's to say there are people out there who don't even have NG accounts but have read a majority of the forums posts?

Who's to say that if you have sex with Wade you won't get mods? OH WAIT.

Just because he has lurked for a long time doesn't qualify him for mod. While he has been active on NG for a long time, he hasn't on the BBS, and therefore shouldn't be a mod. I would like to know exactly why he was made a mod.

UNITE THE CLANS | space cheese | RG podcasts | also cocks

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 14:11:04

At 5/14/04 02:07 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

However it's hard to take opinions from people we don't know or don't know if we can trust.

Isnt that what those mod get togethers are for?

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 14:14:08

At 5/14/04 02:07 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
There are certain people we trust, and if they recommend other people we will listen to them. However it's hard to take opinions from people we don't know or don't know if we can trust.

I know exactly were you're coming from there Wade. Someone could seem like the most friendly and helpful person in the world, but give them moderator status, and they would be just as likely to abuse it as anyone else.

I've also heard numorous people complain that we have too many current moderators. The fact is that some of them aren't even active any more. But with the alarming rate the forums are growing at we need more people to help control them.

Congratulations to our new moderators.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 14:38:01

At 5/14/04 02:07 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I think some of you are taking this to seriously. Sure it's nice to mod users who have high stats, but having high stats doesn't always mean the user would be a good mod.

It's not the high stats.. It's the fact that he doesn't COME to the BBS enough to be a mod. He said himself in the chat that he didn't come to the BBS because he was busy with the audio portal and said he only came chat while the music was loading.

If I'm an upstanding citizen in my community, and I've lived in my community for 40 years and they go and make some 25 year old guy a police officer, who could ticket me for speeding down my street, am I going to bitch and moan? NO!

But did they pick this 25 year old guy off the street and say "Hey, you're a police officer?" No, he had to take tests and go through training to become that police officer, qualifying him for that job. If you don't post on the BBS and don't even come to it very much how could you possibly mod it? (And you shouldn't be speeding >:( )

There are certain people we trust,

He's a little too friendly with that Bend fellow.

Notice how more people asked who he was than congratulated him?

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:03:53

It was only early last year the the MOD list had about 5 names on it. Its getting too long in my opinion, with a buch of very inactive names. Bleh, I sort of miss it being that way. Its too bad we can't have a poll to choose MODS, the list would simply consist of about 5/6 names that have recieved recommendations from the current MODS.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:12:36

At 5/14/04 11:30 AM, WadeFulp wrote:

:He's also been coming to NG since the beginning, but didn't sign up until more recently.
hmm.. like (pretty much) every level 1 out there?

Who's to say there are people out there who don't even have NG accounts but have read a majority of the forums posts?

But the thing is, people like earfetish and poxpower actually contribute to the BBS and post!
Who'd make a better coach, a person who's been playing for many years, or someone who watches the game but never plays it?

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:15:51

You know, this could all be some huge prank that Wade and DA are pulling, seeing as he knows Wade and all...

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:17:19

or maybe, DAX is DOBIO!!!! OH NOEZ, COOL PENGUIN THE DETEKTIV SOLVS ANUFFER MISTERRY!!!!!!!!!7

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:23:26

I think all the mods should get together and form a list of all the people that they would like to see as mods.
Then show us, this way we will have an idea of who some of the new mods to come are, also we will know if we made the cut to possibly be a mod some time in the near future.

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:24:47

At 5/14/04 03:23 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote: I think...

one post with "cool_penguin_0" on wouldn't take them a lot of time would it?

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:29:44

At 5/14/04 03:23 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote:
Mike

A lot of users would probably make that list, and you may very well be one of them. But they'll stop making people mods soon, we can't have 130 users a night with 120 of them being mods. But then again if the forums continue to grow, we may soon have an average of 200 users per night, then we will need more.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:33:28

At 5/14/04 03:28 PM, Zendra wrote: It looks like he is a mod. That isn't very fair, because there are users with 9000 posts. Thoes are the people who need to be a mod.

Ugh...post counts mean shit.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:33:51

At 5/14/04 03:12 PM, cool_penguin_0 wrote: But the thing is, people like earfetish and poxpower actually contribute to the BBS and post!

Are you suggesting they become mods? NG would become completely different! Spam would reign! As would goatse!

Well, at least you aren't suggesting bumcheekcity.. XD

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:34:17

At 5/14/04 03:29 PM, Tremour wrote: we may soon have an average of 200 users per night, then we will need more.

I myself think we need a lot more mods.
A few of the mods you see down there are inactive, others don't go on that much any more, a good deal of them are still active, however there are still large amount of times I have seen no mods online, and it is usually around that time that a lot of spam topics slip by.
I feel if they get another ten mods or so it would really help out.
Newgrounds is a huge site and it is getting bigger day by day.
Thus I myself feel we need more mods!

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:35:37

At 5/14/04 03:34 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote: Thus I myself feel we need more mods!

Mike

And we all know what you're thinking.

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:38:36

At 5/14/04 03:34 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote:
I have seen no mods online, and it is usually around that time that a lot of spam topics slip by.
Mike

That's because most of the mods are in the same time zone, and therfore are online at the same time. But it would be nice to see more mods, if only to curb the increasing amount of flame wars occuring.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to DarkAchronX? 2004-05-14 15:38:51

At 5/14/04 03:35 PM, Dobio wrote: Baron_Von_Bad_Guy, it might help to be a bit more subtle.....*rolls eyes*

Yeah I agree, hahaha.
But hey, if they do have a huge mod update I am sure you will be one of the new mods!!!

Mike

BBS Signature