00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games

1,942 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-13 22:18:37

On April 2nd Gamestop shall stop selling Gamecube games. What is your response? Are you happy, sad, mad, glad, or just don't give a fuck?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-13 22:23:18

they should just keep selling them to make a profit

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-13 23:06:57

My local Gamestop hasn't sold Gamecube games in over a year now. It sucks.

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-13 23:51:47

At 1 hour ago, J-Rex wrote: On April 2nd Gamestop shall stop selling Gamecube games. What is your response? Are you happy, sad, mad, glad, or just don't give a fuck?

I fucking love the Gamecube. Damn... Now I have to always use eBay to get my Gamecube games...

BBS Signature

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-13 23:54:22

I'll admit, it's kind of a shame, but I doubt I'll be in the market for a gamecube game, to be honest.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 00:11:57

At 1 hour ago, Travis wrote:
At 1 minute ago, J-Rex wrote: On April 2nd Gamestop shall stop selling Gamecube games. What is your response? Are you happy, sad, mad, glad, or just don't give a fuck?
Are they still selling them for the price of new games?

Lol.

With the exception of Pikmin 2 priced at 40$ (same price as todays 3DS games), this hasn't happenned since the Wii got its own speakable library. And don't respond with "when did the wii get its own speakable library?" because you know what I mean. 2008, we'll say.

Last summer I cleaned out my local gamestop's gamecube section. Picking up Resident Evil 0, Mario Sunshine, Pikmin 1, RE3, Metroid Prime 2, Starfox adventures, Animal Crossing, and more for 5-20 US dollars. And I'm willing to bet each of the individual prices for the games were cheaper than a quick search online, since Gamestop doesn't believe in the "classics". So as consumers, we need to take advantage of this at every available opportunity.

Next summer, it's PS2 games.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 00:16:39

thats vfucking ghay now I'm gonna have to go on amazon now to get games

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 00:22:02

At 3 minutes ago, tsukikomi wrote: thats vfucking ghay now I'm gonna have to go on amazon now to get games

That does vfucking suck. Now that gamestop doesn't sell games anymore. vFuck! I highly doubt your game shopping is limited entirely to Gamecube games.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 00:29:43

Are GC games on the Wii Virtual Console yet?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 00:34:33

At 2 hours ago, kazumazkan wrote: they should just keep selling them to make a profit

Now if they're still making of the profit off of a Used product would any part of the money still go to the developer since they made or would it just go do directly in the Employees wallets? It's been since 2001 so maybe you'd think they stopped manufacturing the peice of software.

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 02:27:49

I order my games, so I don't care.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 02:29:48

This is not bad news to me because i have no game cube

Does anyone actually read these?

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 02:33:42

Game-stop still sells GameCube games, you mean online right? (Or at least they don't in Atlanta.)

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 03:41:49

this makes me sad. i'll have to go to all the gamestops in town now and buy up all those gc games i was thinking about getting before its too late!

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 09:12:09

I've never been to Gamestop before but this doesn't surprise me. Infact, I don't think I've even seen any Gamecube games at GAME (I'm aware of the administration issues) for a while. Thankfully I have most of the Gamecube games I need already but if I'm after the odd game, there's always an independent game shop selling them as well as going online for an easy chance to find what I'm looking for.

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 14:48:51

My local Gamestop hasn't stocked GC games in over 5 years now. Even when it was current the selection was always paltry. But then again the Gamecube as a whole never really took off over here.

At 14 hours ago, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: I fucking love the Gamecube. Damn... Now I have to always use eBay to get my Gamecube games...

If you actually did buy GC games from Gamestop anytime recently then you are a massive tool. Ebay has always been a far better option for used or old games. Unless you're not into the whole better service and lower, fairer prices thing.

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 17:18:46

They kicked GCN games out 2 years ago!! THey still have GBA games :( wow GameStop way to make a profit.

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 21:51:57

I didn't even know that they still sold GC games at all, considering the last time I've been to a Gamestop, I didn't see a Gamecube game on the shelves. Personally, I don't really care considering that I don't have a GC in the first place and since most of the popular GC titles are on the Wii Virtual Channel or are already ported to the Wii in the first place, there really is no reason why they should stock them at all.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 21:59:08

I have a card playing place near me that sells old games and consoles and such. They have like 3 Halo edition Xbox's for $50. The local flea market has a Pikachu N64 for $60 including a bunch of gameboy colors and Pokemon Games. So I don't care.

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-14 23:56:01

I need to pick up Wind Waker and a few other games but if not PS2 is still alive and kicking.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-15 01:54:17

Meh. Already have all the Gamecube games I want. It was bound to happen. I haven't seen anyone buy or trade-in a Gamecube game in a while.

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-15 05:04:06

Damn, went into a game store (for the first time in years) the other week and they still had the original Rollercoaster Tycoon.
Their whole PC lineup was RCT, WoW (and expansions), the Sims (and expansions) and Oblivion 5th anniversary edition (but not Skyrim).

Response to Gamestop Stops Selling Gc Games 2012-03-15 06:33:44

At 1 day ago, SCTE3 wrote: I haven't bought a Gamecube game from there in awhile. Last time I checked last week they didn't have Pokemon Channel which is really the only thing I want to buy for my Gamecube now.

Same here. I'm lucky though to have an independently owned video game store within my community that sells everything from the retro stuff to the new stuff, they offer the same services that Gamestop does, and their trade-in deals and prices on games are much better.