00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4ng3lzh4untm3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Australia is the least religious

1,558 Views | 32 Replies

Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:03:20

western country in the world (and among the most irreligious/atheist/agnostic countries in the world too.)

This freaking scares me (mind my french!)

Is religion and moral values becoming less important in western society? Is this a good or bad thing? What do you guys think of religion and Christianity and atheism and all those sorts of things? Should the U.S have a talk to Australia about their rapid decline in religion?

And has anyone noticed the weird coincidence that Australians are the least religious western country and Australians are known by us Americans to be quite lazy and in some places very backwards?

God bless their souls I guess

Just chillin'

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:05:22

Luckily we've had religion long enough for the good parts to be norms for the most part.

However, we still have a problem with baby killers, premarital sex, and working on Sundays.

I think this will no longer be a problem though when Christ returns to the earth and turns sinners into pillars of salt.

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:05:40

God have mercy on their souls is probably a better thing to say actually*

my mistake.

Just chillin'

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:06:23

BBS is such a bad place for thoughts like this - eventhough I agree 100%.

BBS Signature

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:08:11

At 11/16/11 01:05 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Luckily we've had religion long enough for the good parts to be norms for the most part.

However, we still have a problem with baby killers, premarital sex, and working on Sundays.

I think this will no longer be a problem though when Christ returns to the earth and turns sinners into pillars of salt.

Not to mention sodomy, another thing that kind of scares me is the large amount of countries in the world that are becoming more accepting of homosexual acts. Qatar only gives five years of jail for sodomy these days (I know Qatar is a Muslim country but I believe Muslims are not too much different from us Christians)

Just chillin'

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:10:51

At 11/16/11 01:09 AM, JoeMation wrote:
At 11/16/11 01:03 AM, Saren wrote: western country in the world
Australia isn't a western country

Are you being serious?

BBS Signature

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:13:17

Which is the most Religious?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:13:48

At 11/16/11 01:13 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Which is the most Religious?

Vatican City

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:17:56

At 11/16/11 01:13 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Which is the most Religious?

I'm not sure but I hope it is America. I use to insult and beat up the atheists (no capital in the word 'atheist' because I don't think its a proper belief or even a proper word) in my school football team as we Americans like to do (cause its the right thing to do)

I could care less about their heathen beliefs

Just chillin'

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:26:46

At 11/16/11 01:08 AM, Saren wrote: Not to mention sodomy, another thing that kind of scares me is the large amount of countries in the world that are becoming more accepting of homosexual acts. Qatar only gives five years of jail for sodomy these days

aaaaand this is where your clever ruse stops being believable. nice try bro

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:29:11

At 11/16/11 01:17 AM, JoeMation wrote:
At 11/16/11 01:10 AM, EmmaVolt wrote:
Are you being serious?
I am being serious.

Oh okay. I was under the impression OP was talking about cultures and not geography. My mistake.

BBS Signature

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:29:18

Australia is the least religious Western Country?

Fuck yeah!

This is a signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:31:05

At 11/16/11 01:17 AM, Saren wrote: I could care less about their heathen beliefs

Too obvious.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:49:28

To be honest. Religion makes life a little bit pointless. No matter what kind it is, it's still important.

Oh, and to piss people off on this. Albert Einstein was a Deist, and Charles Darwin was a priest his entire life.

Well.

Shit.

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:49:35

At 11/16/11 01:29 AM, EmmaVolt wrote:
At 11/16/11 01:17 AM, JoeMation wrote:
At 11/16/11 01:10 AM, EmmaVolt wrote:
Are you being serious?
I am being serious.
Oh okay. I was under the impression OP was talking about cultures and not geography. My mistake.

I was talking about cultures...JoeMation is just being a hipster fucking retard herp

Just chillin'

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:50:53

To be honest. Religion makes life a little bit less pointless. No matter what kind it is, it's still important.

Oh, and to piss people off on this. Albert Einstein was a Deist, and Charles Darwin was a priest his entire life.

I had something I needed to fix

Well.

Shit.

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 01:58:52

Duh, the country was founded by convicts.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 02:01:11

Picture is relevant to this topic.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 02:02:42

This gave me a good laugh. I totally forgot people were still religious and shit. Also, religion should be very separate from government and culture, and Australia gets that. Everyone has freedom of religion, and people don't give them shit if they don't believe. However, anyone who does believe has a wide array of people they can talk to about that, and places they can go and what not. It's a great system.
Also, Christianity is balls.

P.S I'm Australian. :D

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 02:10:42

I love Australia too

way better than America

Just chillin'

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 02:12:10

in a number of different irreligious countries, people will find you to be a very odd character if you say you're a christian. Best to keep your beliefs to yourself when you travel abroad

BBS Signature

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 02:12:57

Well, it is hell incarnate.

I AM THREAD KILLER!

BBS Signature

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 02:16:48

I don't know what the fuck is going on in this thread.

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 02:46:34

There is a steady decline in the % of Christianity every year, however, it is only slight. Luckily for religion, Islam is becoming increasingly more and more popular, especially among ethnic groups.

The number of atheists in the world, and when I say atheist, I mean irreligious.(that excludes buddhists and toaists, who also don't believe in god), atheists and irreligious people, account for only at most 5-10% of the world population. The majority of the world is Muslim, followed second by Christianity, then Judaism, and then all the other religions after, with atheism at the bottom of the spectrum.

TL;DR version:

religion is still on the rise, and while atheism is increasing, it is increasing at a far lower and slower rate than the increase in religious followers, even in such great technological and scientific times.

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 02:50:39

On a side note: Australia is a western country culturally, even tho it's on the other side of the Atlantic, AND it is only the size of Road Island, so the demographics are going to be less varied any way. They're a more secular country, they never have wars, they rarely have calamity, they have a small military, and a secular government, and a laid back disposition.

So, what is happening there does not surprise me.

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 03:42:00

Judging by the OP's random outburst of 'I love Australia' and his other weird Poe/satirical posts I'm guessing he is a troll trying to stereotype and satirize Christians or something

Or maybe he is actually an Australian himself and he is playing with NG's irreligious userbase and trying to make us say good things about Australia

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 03:48:08

VOHO! GO AUSTRALIA......i for one really don´t mind people not being religious, people have the right to chose their faith, and, i think there is nothing wrong with gay relationships, once again people have the right to chose who they want to love, hopefully Sweden is the next country to realise this, since the christian church here, lost more than half it´s members in the whole country in less then 10 years,
and people are starting to become more open minded and less prejudice against other faiths and gay relationships

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 03:49:22

You're actually wrong about that buddy, Sweden is actually the least religious country in the world.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 04:07:36

yo man fuck religion, that shit's whack!

BBS Signature

Response to Australia is the least religious 2011-11-16 04:53:58

At 11/16/11 03:29 AM, Jedi-Master wrote:
At 11/16/11 02:46 AM, WallofYawn wrote:
The majority of the world is Muslim, followed second by Christianity, then Judaism...
Christianity has more followers than Islam; in fact, it has the most adherents out of any religion. Judaism has less than 20 million adherents; it is definitely not the 3rd most popular religion in the world.

The religions with the most followers are as follows

1. Christianity
2. Islam
3. Hinduism
4. Buddhism

Ok, you got me. What I meant was that Islam has the fastest growing amount of members. Not the most members. But that came out wrong.

Here is a pie chart: http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Ad herents.html

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.5 billion
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion, but this includes people who believe in god, but aren't religious/don't adhere to a religion.
Hinduism: 900 million
Buddhism: 376 million

So you were correct. I tip my hat to you good sir, and purveyor of knowledge.

But hey, Islam is not exactly far behind, and I think that some day there actually will be more Muslims than Christians, maybe not so much in places like France and America, tho the numbers are steadily increasing, despite recent fear of terrorist threats. A lot of black people, for example, these days are converting to Islam.