00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

jestyx3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Antisemitism and the movie Drive

1,698 Views | 10 Replies

Antisemitism and the movie Drive 2011-10-09 00:05:42

A woman in Michigan, Sarah Deming of Detroit, is suing a local theater for showing a misleading trailer about the film Drive. She claimed it was promoted as similar to the Fast and Furious series of films, and claims she was led into a film that was hardly about driving at all. Her next claim is ever more shocking:

"Drive was a motion picture that substantially contained extreme gratuitous defamatory dehumanizing racism directed against members of the Jewish faith, and thereby promoted criminal violence against members of the Jewish faith."

For those of you have seen Drive, do you believe the trailers are misleading? Is it antisemitic (in your opinion)?

For those of you who haven't seen Drive, do you believe you should have the right to sue for a misleading trailer?

via Clickondetroit.com

I have a message for the political elites in Washington, D.C. The United States of America is not going to become the United States of Europe, not on our watch. - HERMAN CAIN

BBS Signature

Response to Antisemitism and the movie Drive 2011-10-09 00:07:27

Jews are wrong

Response to Antisemitism and the movie Drive 2011-10-09 00:08:28

She's just proving a stereotype!

Response to Antisemitism and the movie Drive 2011-10-09 00:08:51

only...
in america

BBS Signature

Response to Antisemitism and the movie Drive 2011-10-09 00:08:56

At 10/9/11 12:05 AM, Autokrator wrote: For those of you have seen Drive, do you believe the trailers are misleading? Is it antisemitic (in your opinion)?

Yeah, but...

For those of you who haven't seen Drive, do you believe you should have the right to sue for a misleading trailer?

...why can't I answer this question?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Antisemitism and the movie Drive 2011-10-09 00:12:22

At 10/9/11 12:08 AM, Makeshift wrote:
At 10/9/11 12:05 AM, Autokrator wrote: For those of you have seen Drive, do you believe the trailers are misleading? Is it antisemitic (in your opinion)?
Yeah, but...

...why can't I answer this question?

respond to whatever you want

it was just organizing a topic, jeez

I have a message for the political elites in Washington, D.C. The United States of America is not going to become the United States of Europe, not on our watch. - HERMAN CAIN

BBS Signature

Response to Antisemitism and the movie Drive 2011-10-09 00:17:37

Ugh, she's retarded and any lawyer that takes on her case is retarded as well.

Drive is an excellent movie BTW, and no one should go into it thinking that it'll be like the Fast and the Furious--it's much more like Bullitt if anything.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Antisemitism and the movie Drive 2011-10-09 02:04:36

First off I'm Jewish, haven't seen Drive, but movie trailers are bullshit nowadays anyways. She has no case. Oh wait this is America OF COURSE SHE HAS A CASE! Still that is our judicial system, even if it is a waste of money, everybody has that right.

Now as far as it being against Jews is concerned, well I guess we better sue Steven Spielberg then for making Schindler's List and Munich. Oh we should also sue those who made The Piano as well.

Response to Antisemitism and the movie Drive 2011-10-09 02:23:13

I just watched Fast Five,and I feel the same as always.Now where did I put My Pickelhaube signed by Mein Fuhrer...

every day I look out the window to see if the zombie apocalypse has started.so far it hasn't.

and I'm pissed.

Look at it...Look at it god damn It!!

BBS Signature

Response to Antisemitism and the movie Drive 2011-10-09 02:24:29

AMEEEERIKA FUK YEAH

I think ur all fucken jealous of my Ameerica

USA USA USA OONTS OONTS OONTS

wats up