00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Utubj just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread.

3,162 Views | 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

And yes, before you ask, this is not a port, it is a completely new game.

Set for a 2012 release for the 3ds, this sequel to the Gamecube classic will have multiple mansions, new ghosts, better graphics, and I can assume other things Ninntendo never reveals until a month before release.

Teh trailer.

Teh preview.

Now many of you may doubt the (unecesarry) awesomeness that the 3d visuals add to 3ds games, but believe me when I tell you this game will look really good in 3d.

The Gamecube original (Hideki Konno, the producer of the Mario Kart series, Luigi's mansion, and most recently, the 3ds itself, experiemented with a 3d screen attachement for the original) had some 3d screenshots made for it, and they look really good.

Anyways, this game excites me, and hopefully you guys as well.

I just wish Nintendo didn't have to release all their games at the same time, to make me bankrupt.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2011-09-13 16:34:15

This is why I'm getting a 3DS, along with the new Paper Mario game. I loved Luigi's Mansion and thought it wasn't given as much justice as the other Mario games... er, you know what I mean. I didn't even think they would care for a sequel.

BUT THEY DID, NOW I'M ALL LIKE :3

I hope I'm not the only person in the world who is this pumped for the game.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2011-09-13 16:39:51

I'm not sure how the graphics could be better, because the original's graphics were pure pwnage. In any case, it's about god damned time, I will be buying a 3DS just for this, haha.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2011-09-13 16:43:27

I'll get it eventually.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2011-09-13 19:15:16

This game looks awesome. I loved the first one and I'm sure I'll love this one. I'm also hoping that the fact that this game is getting to see the light of day means that Pikmin 3 is somewhere around the corner.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2012-06-05 22:12:47

I'M BUMPING THIS CUZ E3.

Trailer.

Also, title changed to Luigi's Mansion: Dark moon.

I noticed a rainbow flashlight in the trailer, but nothing much new.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2012-06-05 22:30:22

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2012-06-05 23:07:28

Definitely on my "to get" list. Looking really great, the idea of multiple mansions is pretty exciting to me. Also looking like we're not just going to be fighting ghosts this time around, as per the (presumably boss) giant spider.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2012-06-06 04:02:30

At 9/13/11 04:28 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Set for a 2012 release for the 3ds, this sequel to the Gamecube classic will have multiple mansions, new ghosts, better graphics, and I can assume other things Ninntendo never reveals until a month before release.
uals add to 3ds games, but believe me when I tell you this game will look really good in 3d.

I will get this game. The original was great.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2012-09-06 22:01:52

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2012-09-06 22:09:01

I dunno, the mansion looks really freaking good. Then again so did the mansion in the original Luigi's Mansion. Although the ghosts were cartoony in Luigi's Mansion, in this sequel... they look really cartoony. I know Luigi's Mansion is a lighthearted game, but I think they actually made it more lighthearted which I don't think they should have done.

So far as 3D goes, it has been fucking with my eyes and head, I just can't get into the 3D, but the better graphics game wise I am enjoying.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2012-09-06 22:51:01

At 9/6/12 10:01 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Delayed until 2013. Damn.

Yeah, heard tell of that. Oh well, we still got Paper Mario coming out in November, so its not all bad

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2012-09-14 06:12:18

At 9/6/12 10:01 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Delayed until 2013. Damn.

Crap! I whas hoping to get it in October.

Super Mario sunshine is dumb.

BBS Signature

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-01-18 21:24:03

Release date is March 24th. Looks quite promising, heavier influence on puzzles, new flash lights, a jump button, and a game starring Luigi!

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-01-18 22:43:43

Fail because it's on 3DS.

Games like that are not meant to be portable. I disagree with the decision for the same reason I disagree with putting Ocrain of Time on 3DS

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-01-19 18:30:17

I'm hoping to pre-order it by next month, right now i've got enough games to save up for, monster hunter 3 ultimate, rayman legends, gta 5.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-01-19 23:11:05

At 1/18/13 10:43 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Fail because it's on 3DS.

Games like that are not meant to be portable. I disagree with the decision for the same reason I disagree with putting Ocrain of Time on 3DS

Why? It is structured to have lots of missions, so it is good to play on the go. The fixed camera perspective really lends itself to 3D, and really, there is no reason this shouldn't be on the 3DS. OoT 3D was much superior to the original.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-01-24 16:02:48

Online and local multiplayer mode.

Cooperate with 3 other players to clear floors of ghosts in a "Scarescraper". Split up and explore the rooms, or help each other out.

Looks like I'll have a reason to use my 3DS for the first time in a while.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-01-25 22:26:03

Love the concept. But putting it on a handheld is a mistake.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-01-25 22:32:10

At 1/19/13 11:11 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Why? It is structured to have lots of missions, so it is good to play on the go. The fixed camera perspective really lends itself to 3D, and really, there is no reason this shouldn't be on the 3DS. OoT 3D was much superior to the original.

You can't create a good atmosphere and immersion on a handheld. Even Metroid fusion had a hard time with it.

The problem with it is, their trying to force something designed for one format/style, and shoehorning it into something small and portable. You do not get the same impact, cinematics, sounds, and atmosphere on a handheld.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-01-25 22:36:06

Luigis mansion: Dark Side of the Moon

Steam: Bstuk

BBS Signature

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-01-25 22:54:06

At 1/25/13 10:32 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
You can't create a good atmosphere and immersion on a handheld. Even Metroid fusion had a hard time with it.

You are bringing up a huge debate here, personally I find handhelds can pull atmosphere off quite well, sometimes better than consoles.

Headphones really help in terms of music, and playing alone in your room (with surrounding lighting preferences) really help.

I played Fusion on my 3DS, and it felt tense simply because of how the game played. Alone, a psycho clone trying to kill you, and only one ally made cool atmoshere, even without head phones.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-01-26 00:46:11

At 1/25/13 10:54 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: You are bringing up a huge debate here, personally I find handhelds can pull atmosphere off quite well, sometimes better than consoles.

Headphones really help in terms of music, and playing alone in your room (with surrounding lighting preferences) really help.

I played Fusion on my 3DS, and it felt tense simply because of how the game played. Alone, a psycho clone trying to kill you, and only one ally made cool atmoshere, even without head phones.

I agree, some games can do really well for on a handheld. Ocarina of Time, and Luigi's Mansion are not in that category.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-01-26 02:04:13

At 1/26/13 01:44 AM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Ocarina of Time played fine on the 3DS. What's your problem with that port?

I didn't say anything about gameplay, I'm saying the atmosphere was ruined. It's like trying to watch Star Wars on a 4 inch screen with shit speakers. It totally ruins the experience.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-01-26 09:32:21

Personally I have no problem with this being on 3DS but i can agree consoles can definitely set up a better atmosphere. It still looks good, though, I wouldn't say it's going to fail just because it's on the 3DS.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-03-12 23:04:00

The final release date is March 24th, and will also be downloadable from the eshop.

Here is a gameplay analysis regarding the game.

5 mansions in total, Generic, Clockworks, Snowy mine, Towering Greenhouse, and the secret final mansion.

The main villain is King Boo from the first game, and Egadd is back.

Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-03-27 17:48:06

So the game came out in the 24th, and I just finished beating it.
Who's up for some ScareScraper?

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-03-27 20:44:16

At 3/27/13 05:48 PM, Lionelion wrote: So the game came out in the 24th, and I just finished beating it.
Who's up for some ScareScraper?

Soon. I need to finish Lego City Undercover first.

Great game so far. Well made, and I love how interacting with literally everything you can find is rewarding.

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-03-28 08:49:24

I get a kick out of the way luigi runs in this game just so silly also since when can Boos talk? haha so far im really enjoying this new Weegee's Mansion though. =)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Luigi's Mansion 2 Official thread. 2013-03-28 15:15:52

I downloadded this on my 3DS. It was well worth the 40$. Well Atlest better than Paper mario Sticker Star. I just didnt like that game very much...But Luigi's mansion 2 is a good game.

Pretty fly for a white guy.

BBS Signature