00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MortalFudge's art thread!

1,536 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

MortalFudge's art thread! 2011-05-29 15:30:03

So hey guys, it became clear to me a while ago that I should post my art in a threat, and so I shall.
I like critique, aslong as it is objective and can help me evolve my style.
I'll start off with what was one of the hardest for me, Sylvanas Windrunner. Mainly because I've only done 2-3 female models before this one. But I became proud of it in the end.

Oh yeah, I do everything with a mouse. It's become a habbit, and yeah, it's models I could use in animation someday, that is why they might seem so formal!

Response to MortalFudge's art thread! 2011-05-29 15:31:41

Another model, I am really proud of this one because of the detail I payed in on it.

Response to MortalFudge's art thread! 2011-05-29 15:33:38

Ezio Auditore from Assasins Creed 2. I know that it might seem a bit flat. If you guys think so too, it'd be great if you gave me some pointers on how to make it a lot less flat.

Response to MortalFudge's art thread! 2011-05-29 15:39:48

An old model of Master Chief I made.
I kind of hate myself for not making use of it in any animation...

Response to MortalFudge's art thread! 2011-05-29 16:19:55

Baird from Gears of War!
I know the sideview of him is cut off, focus on the 3/4 view and the front view instead =)

Say what you think I could improve with. I'll keep posting stuff that I haven't showed off here, or whenever I have something new to post!

Response to MortalFudge's art thread! 2011-05-29 16:27:48

Pretty cool. The style reminds me of LegendaryFrog

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to MortalFudge's art thread! 2011-05-29 17:11:15

At 5/29/11 03:33 PM, MortalFudge wrote: Ezio Auditore from Assasins Creed 2. I know that it might seem a bit flat. If you guys think so too, it'd be great if you gave me some pointers on how to make it a lot less flat.

Hey there, cool stuff you posted so far. About the flatness, I could only recommend using a more consequent shading. For example: If you look at your yellow robots feet, there are highlights and shades on the different sides of the single elements which gives it depth. But if you look at Ezio's boots, there is a single highlight and that's it, thus leaving them rather flat.

BUT to be honest, if you want to use them for animation they are already pretty good. Keep in mind that more details will also mean more work for every frame and you may do a lot of extra work for a small or not even visible effect. It's not like a standalone drawing where detail is always noticable.

BBS Signature

Response to MortalFudge's art thread! 2011-05-29 18:27:21

Legendaryfrog has been a great inspiration. JohnRichie's Perfect Kirby aswell, watched that when I was like 12-13 or something.

Yeah, thanks. I thought something as that too. I don't think I'll ever use Ezio, or none of these. The project was thrown away. A lot of my projects do get thrown away. It's a shame mostly for myself because I never get to feel the joy of finishing something!

Anyway, thanks :D If you got any more pointers, just throw away!

Response to MortalFudge's art thread! 2019-12-25 16:06:37

At 5/29/11 06:27 PM, JonHunter wrote: Legendaryfrog has been a great inspiration. JohnRichie's Perfect Kirby aswell, watched that when I was like 12-13 or something.

Yeah, thanks. I thought something as that too. I don't think I'll ever use Ezio, or none of these. The project was thrown away. A lot of my projects do get thrown away. It's a shame mostly for myself because I never get to feel the joy of finishing something!

That's mighty impressive, especially considering you used your mouse to draw.

Response to MortalFudge's art thread! 2020-01-11 06:27:37

At 12/25/19 04:06 PM, G-guy-of-Gstudios wrote:
At 5/29/11 06:27 PM, JonHunter wrote: Legendaryfrog has been a great inspiration. JohnRichie's Perfect Kirby aswell, watched that when I was like 12-13 or something.

That's mighty impressive, especially considering you used your mouse to draw.

To be honest I don't get how I did it man! It was really just about dedication I guess.