00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HuntressCody just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Crysis 2 is not good.

957 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 13:04:45

I bought it, unfortunately, due to hype. I expected an open world game with interesting powers. What I get is a shiny re skin of call of duty that has an awkward jumping mechanic and a worse story. My character died from 8 foot falls with a full health bar. I traded it in promptly.

U jelly?

BBS Signature

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 13:08:20

One man's opinion.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 13:09:30

At 5/21/11 01:04 PM, Moonpiles wrote: I expected

Do a little bit of research on a game before you go putting out a bunch of your money.

I didn't like it either.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 13:09:57

At 5/21/11 01:04 PM, Moonpiles wrote: I bought it, unfortunately, due to hype.

Like every idiot to that call of duty rubbish.

I expected an open world game
Crysis 1 is better

with interesting powers.
You don't have powers. The suit does.

What I get is a shiny re skin of call of duty
People compare fps games to call of duty now these days. How unfortunate.

that has an awkward jumping mechanic
Never played Oblivion boyo?

and a worse story.
it's to be expected

My character died
this is an rpg now?

from 8 foot falls
30 ft

with a full health bar.
didn't have strength activated idiot

I traded it in promptly.
Do what you want.

so what was the purpose of this topic? Those are some of the worst reasons why Crysis 2 is bad in your opinion...and you're 19.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 13:11:45

At 5/21/11 01:09 PM, Makeshift wrote: Do a little bit of research on a game before you go putting out a bunch of your money.

I bought it the day it came out. I didn't really know what to expect. I knew that the Cry series is usually open world.

U jelly?

BBS Signature

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 13:12:33

Try renting your games.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 13:15:44

Pwnzer, Oblivion had an awesome jumping mechanic. I don't remember dieing from 8 foot falls. Suck on Crysis 2's nuts if you want to though. Its just a worse copy of COD.

U jelly?

BBS Signature

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 13:21:39

At 5/21/11 01:15 PM, Moonpiles wrote: Pwnzer

yes dear?

Oblivion had an awesome jumping mechanic.
ok.

I don't remember dieing from 8 foot falls.
again, 30 ft. need strength

Suck on Crysis 2's nuts
How can I suck on a game disc's nuts if it does not contain any nuts? Oh kids now these days.

if you want to though.
I would rather stick with Crysis 1 as that one is more superior to the inferior Crysis 2. Granted Crysis 2 is still good in my eyes (not in terms of graphics), but it's not a buy.

Its just a worse copy of COD.
What is this COD that you speak of? Fish? I prefer salmon honestly....oh call of duty. If call of duty is bad, then I can't imagine what Crysis 2 is in your eyes.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 14:30:42

You bought a game from hype without knowing jack shit on it, and expected everything to be fine? You're a jackass. Oh, and don't compare Crysis to Call of Duty, Crysis actually takes some strategy as opposed to mashing on the shoot button.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 14:30:45

At 5/21/11 01:15 PM, Moonpiles wrote: Its just a worse copy of COD.

I'm really starting to lose my patience over loads of cunts comparing every single fucking game that comes out to COD.

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 14:48:04

They can't make CoD any worse. Crysis 2 isn't as good as Crysis 1 but it still has a bit of that thing that made Crysis so nice.
The graphics are terrible, though and they made the PC version extremely bad (only 3 options in graphics?).

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 15:30:21

wait did this topic start because i said at newgrounds's front page "CRYSIS 2 SUX" because I'm really getting replies [never expected to]
btw CRYSIS 2 SUX

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 15:40:02

At 5/21/11 02:48 PM, Wolfos wrote: They can't make CoD any worse. Crysis 2 isn't as good as Crysis 1 but it still has a bit of that thing that made Crysis so nice.
The graphics are terrible, though and they made the PC version extremely bad (only 3 options in graphics?).

Oh, so it's about graphics and not gameplay now?
Well, both are bad... but still. Never complain about a games graphics.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 16:35:13

I was never really into Crysis. Played it on a good computer, still really didn't care for it. It just feels too generic IMO. And the graphics are not even that good. They're nice, but nothing I would really call amazing since it still looks like a video game. Crysis is literally the Avatar of the game industry -- overhyped for its effects and not the content.

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 22:21:24

its reallly dope son

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-21 22:36:18

I personally really liked the game. it was a lot like COD but really what FPS game isn't. I also really liked how face passed the action was and the parkour aspect of the games so it wasn't as annoying as COD where you have to duck into cover every 5 minutes or die.

Stay Awesome!

BBS Signature

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-22 05:38:53

Why are there so many people going "The graphics aren't good so the game isn't good"? If you want something pretty to look at go watch a film that actually has real actors in it. There's your "realistic graphics".

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-22 21:15:23

I expected it to be more like the first game. Overall dissappointed. The multiplayer which it had boasted was a bit laggy at times and felt like CoD except with super powers and less guns. It wasn't meant to be a multiplayer game. It should've been more like the first.

But it does deserve the title best graphics on console

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-23 00:15:31

Youuu Beeeee TROLLIN!

U madz?

Response to Crysis 2 is not good. 2011-05-23 01:03:56

I was honestly really dissapointed how they Call of Duty-ified the multiplayer. The first games' multiplayer was much more fun.

As for the singleplayer I havent played it. Looks like a more streamlined and linear version of the first. which is bad.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature