00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Callipsio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Brink 2011-05-11 22:34:02

<a> http://brinkthegame.com/
Has been really good so far. It's game mode is basically a mix of invasion from Halo and Sabotage from COD. The character/ weapon customization has been expansive. I hear that the online mode has been laggy, but as I no longer have PSN, That doesn't really matter :P

What are your thoughts on Brink so far?

U jelly?

BBS Signature

Response to Brink 2011-05-11 22:37:20

I hear it pretty dece---

Buggy
Laggy
Repetitive
Already prized dropped

Oh

Brink

Response to Brink 2011-05-12 03:09:56

I haven't played it but I've heard really bad things. The fact that "Splash Damage already hard at work fixing the title" isn't exactly a good sign. Why do developers insist on releasing broken games?

Response to Brink 2011-05-12 06:09:06

I'm enjoying it a little bit so far...it reminds me of TF2 on the Xbox, it's sort of fun but lacks variety and gets pretty repetitive.

I like the flexible feeling of the game and the customization I suppose.

IGN's review is silly and hypocritical considering if you read the same reviewers other reviews....

Anyways I wasn't expecting the game to be that great and I'll tell you all what I think when I've actually played more of the game.

Response to Brink 2011-05-12 15:54:21

Important fact:
Brink lacks TITS.
No buy.

BBS Signature

Response to Brink 2011-05-12 17:40:25

I still don't know why they didn't have any females in the game.

Then again, most gamers are male, and if they did have the option, no one would choose their own gender. I highly doubt female gamers have a problem with playing as male.

The fem characters would be overtly sexual anyway. I think they were planning to avoid this shit.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Brink 2011-05-12 17:45:38

Brink looked like it had potential early on, but the final product looks like someone took "Generic class based FPS #47", and slapped TF2's coloring system over it. Also, no, that parkour element looks insanely dumb, and as reviews said it doesn't work nearly as good as you'd want.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Brink 2011-05-12 18:23:50

They leaned too far towards customization:
They cut female characters with the reason being that they don't want to spend ages redoing all clothes for the different body types + the SMART system and hitboxes would have to be heavily modified to allow feminine body types at all.
They basically cut 50% customization out for the sake of customization. Big mistake taking something as mandatory as gender selection out of a game with character creation that praises it's "unlimited customization possibilities" all day.

tl;dr: Brink is a giant barbie dress up game for male fps fans due to the devs making yet another graphic whore instead of an innovative game.
The end.

BBS Signature

Response to Brink 2011-05-12 19:44:03

It reminds me of a TF2 for the xbox, and very good at that. and the more I actually think about the story of the ark and what was going on in it, I think it has a good storyline.

But then it got killed like Homefront was killed. Shitty online connection. I cannot find a good host for the life of me. I think itd be a good game if it would run. The online matches that i've been able to actually connect to have been fun.

Response to Brink 2011-05-12 21:10:51

There is a future for this game, let's wait and see what they do for DLC

Response to Brink 2011-05-12 21:56:52

At 5/12/11 09:10 PM, Ronnoc00 wrote: There is a future for this game, let's wait and see what they do for DLC

yeah, lets wait and see, i already enjoy playing it so far.

Response to Brink 2011-05-12 22:18:26

At 5/12/11 05:40 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: I still don't know why they didn't have any females in the game.

Then again, most gamers are male, and if they did have the option, no one would choose their own gender. I highly doubt female gamers have a problem with playing as male.

The fem characters would be overtly sexual anyway. I think they were planning to avoid this shit.

It's not only the customization problems and idea problems too but after playing the game for awhile I've realized how much they would probably have to change the game engine because of it...because of the way the hitboxes and shooting works it would give people using female models an unfair advantage, although I suppose they could just make the female bodies bigger but I unno.

Anyways in my first post I'm pretty sure I was right and this game could end up being a lot like TF2 and getting heaps of updates...I wouldn't be surprised if they whore out though and make some sort of store or something, I hope not though.

Response to Brink 2011-05-13 00:41:37

As far as I'm concerned: the story is shit, the length is shit, the weapons are shit, the length in getting to rank 5 is SHIT, and there is a balancing issue. Damn friend of mine talked me into buying this POS. Never again.

Stuff.

Response to Brink 2011-05-13 00:50:16

At 5/13/11 12:41 AM, stiller wrote: As far as I'm concerned: the story is shit, the length is shit, the weapons are shit, the length in getting to rank 5 is SHIT, and there is a balancing issue. Damn friend of mine talked me into buying this POS. Never again.

Maybe I should elaborate that. Forgot you guys like reasons. Firstly, the damn trailer with the creative director trying to sell me the game like hes trying to sell me a car hate that. The story "Flood happened, migrants moved in, people got pissed." Then no attempt to invest us into it other than a small cut scene at the beginning and end of a mission that amounts to "Need to do this" or "Good job." or "You fucked up." (Along with the nameless characters other than chen and....the security name. Really? security was all you could come up with?). 19 weapons fully customizable yeah, well you'll end up using three of them throughout your stay here unless your exploring, not to mention the upgrades barely affect the performance of the weapons themselves. Finally, finished the game in two days at four hours a piece with rank 5 level 20. Fuck that. And the balancing issue is mostly referring to the maps, stopwatch mode was a good move but in a player match some maps like reactor and shipyard (the one with the missle.) are ridiculous.

Stuff.

Response to Brink 2011-05-13 02:19:42

At 5/13/11 12:50 AM, stiller wrote: maps like reactor and shipyard (the one with the missle.)

You thougt it was hard or easy? i played it on normal, and i did not find it so much harder nor easier other missions

Steam ID | X360 Gamertag: AversiveKnave | ORIGIN: DarkBlue96

BBS Signature

Response to Brink 2011-05-13 04:08:38

I fucken love this game. because. I love borderlands. And. My character looks like Roland.

THE END.

-warwicks on the prowl, aww fuck man I know i'm dead-

go to my ill named thread here.

Response to Brink 2011-05-13 11:14:22

On principle I refuse to support this game because they didn't want to put the effort into making female characters just for a few more hats and tattoos. I feel it's a philosophy that is blatantly saying "You can make whatever character you want, but if your female you can fuck right off".

The hit box thing is bullshit, its a video game that's obviously not heavily based in reality so one can make females just as large as males. Different body types don't need huge breasts either. And anyone with armour or anything could look rather similar to a male's body.

I've heard the game has had lots of other problems (lots of tight hallways that restrict the parkour movements, laggy online etc.). But for the outright refusal of putting female characters in a game that's been touting their amazing customization since day one, the game feels like a slap in the face.

Response to Brink 2011-05-13 17:42:26

At 5/13/11 11:14 AM, sinfulwolf wrote: the outright refusal of putting female characters in a game that's been touting their amazing customization since day one, the game feels like a slap in the face.

While I don't' condone the developer's omission of female body types, it stands to reason that if they did put female body types in and if they amount of disc space is unchanged and that the number customization options are equal for male and female body types, that overall, there would be half as many options as there might be with only one gender type. That is, unless they had a customization system as cheap as swapping textures.

That aside, I don't believe I'll be buying Brink. It seems to have gotten a lot of negative feedback, and from the gameplay footage I've seen, there are a lot of things I'm not liking. One of the biggest things is the enemy AI. They just seem incredibly inconsistent. It's baffling to me how such a problem might have been overlooked.

Response to Brink 2011-05-22 18:17:58

So it's been like, a week now and they still haven't addressed the online connection issues.

Response to Brink 2011-05-22 19:16:01

At 5/22/11 06:17 PM, BrandonXDD wrote: So it's been like, a week now and they still haven't addressed the online connection issues.

What are those?