00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

titanmo01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Website Critique

604 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Website Critique 2011-03-19 11:56:44

Not sure if this is the right place to do this, however I consider web design as an art form. I've recently designed and developed a website for my portfolio. I'm looking for an honest critique on the overall look and feel of the site and how it can be improved. **By no means am I trying to promote my website through NG, this website is only targeted towards potential employers at design firms in Florida**

Anyway, my website can be located at the following URL:
http://www.IAmCDL.com/

Response to Website Critique 2011-03-19 12:01:06

The site seems a bit simple, but I kind of like this approach though.
I also watched your red cross video. Again, it was rather simple, but I think also effective.

Response to Website Critique 2011-03-19 12:12:54

I feel like the flash banner on the first page should show your different projects a tight bit longer. I'm aware that one can find everything on the "Work" page in details, but I think the viewer should have the time to see and process the info they just got from the banner. Or maybe it could stop when you hover over it.

The design itself is simple, but good. But I can't shake the feeling that something is missing. Dunno like "Why should I hire this web-designer?" Maybe you can adapt a bit of the feeling from that first pic (That reads "I am Christopher David Lee").

Good luck!

BBS Signature

Response to Website Critique 2011-03-19 13:48:59

I think that the website is simple in a good way. It's nice and smooth. However, I do believe you should present yourself, its main subject, in a slightly different manner. People respond well to positivity, and in both the picture in the first image that appears and in your "about" section, you're looking somewhat bored and unhappy.
I don't think you need to make it all sunshine and rainbows and paint a fake face for yourself, but if you were to use slightly more personally involved images, I think it could do a lot for making your design look like something you really love doing.
I also agree with what Luwano said.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Website Critique 2011-03-20 08:15:52

Wow! Quality stuff. I want to be a web designer, and so far, my projects are ok, but don't look professional. I hope to make websites as clean/good as yours soon! I think it could use a little more color but I do like the simplicity.
Also, I agree with what Luxembourg said. You seem kind of bored/apathetic about it, make it more personal and happy! You are good at what you do, so don't be afraid to be confident in your abilities!

Response to Website Critique 2011-03-20 09:24:44

The flash thing in the middle is annoying, goes too fast.. cant pause it or choose the page I want to look at it.

Other then that, simple and effective.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Website Critique 2011-03-20 22:18:05

Tutors keep telling me that self promotional sites should be easy to navigate for potential clients who may not have time to click through lots of fancy navigation bars, your website is definitely clean and easy to use.

I love the color scheme and layout, there's not a lot i can mention to improve upon. I have a few friends studying graphic design and i can tell you that graphic designers can be very very fussy about tiny little details so any constructive criticism i give will just be personal tastes on little things.

First of all, maybe try making your name at the top of the page slightly bigger than the "motion and web designer" and also try to lighten up the black text as it competes against the "motion" and "web designer".

One more thing is in the logo where the thickness of the C and the L vary, maybe try having a consistent weight with the two letters?

Response to Website Critique 2011-03-21 01:54:33

it's good
looks professional. neutral colors so it's not imposing or aggressive. allows us to take it in as we want.
the only time i felt rushed was the flash slideshow at the beginning
they would go by too fast.

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Website Critique 2011-03-21 11:59:31

Thank you to everyone that has given me feed back on my website. I've taken all the comments into consideration and will be addressing the following soon:

My photography
The preview banner
Name and Logo thickness

Oh and by the way, I've recently received a possible job position as an HTML Developer.
Thanks again everyone.