00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011

44,039 Views | 648 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-10 21:27:36

I wanted to make it clear to people that have already voted that generally they don't know what they're talking about when it comes to judging battles.

On the flipside there have been quite a few voters who have taken this comp seriously, are judging almost every track, and include a very legitimate analysis along with their decisions.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-10 21:50:36

At 4/10/11 09:27 PM, BigRed wrote: I wanted to make it clear to people that have already voted that generally they don't know what they're talking about when it comes to judging battles.

On the flipside there have been quite a few voters who have taken this comp seriously, are judging almost every track, and include a very legitimate analysis along with their decisions.

I can agree with that totally. But let it be clear I'm not influencing votes by any means. I felt the need to defend myself because people can't seem to keep a vote objective. They somehow seem to talk shit in a review, and responding directly besides PM isn't possible.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-10 22:02:49

At 4/10/11 09:50 PM, NimbusTheGeneral wrote: I can agree with that totally. But let it be clear I'm not influencing votes by any means. I felt the need to defend myself because people can't seem to keep a vote objective. They somehow seem to talk shit in a review, and responding directly besides PM isn't possible.

All I'm saying is, giving a bar by bar breakdown beside your critiquing the judges shows you didn't perform to the best of you're abilities.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-10 22:04:32

At 4/10/11 09:50 PM, NimbusTheGeneral wrote: I can agree with that totally. But let it be clear I'm not influencing votes by any means. I felt the need to defend myself because people can't seem to keep a vote objective. They somehow seem to talk shit in a review, and responding directly besides PM isn't possible.

All I'm saying is, giving a breakdown besides you critiquing the judges shows that you didn't perform to the best of your ability.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-10 22:45:48

At 4/10/11 10:04 PM, GloineFiodh wrote:
All I'm saying is, giving a breakdown besides you critiquing the judges shows that you didn't perform to the best of your ability.

Well I got no issue with it being deleted if need be. I felt like I needed to speak my peace since people wanted to talk shit about the way I perform my music. Yes, twisting worked against me in this round. My clarity wasn't the greatest. But for people basically saying I sound the same and talk about how bad I think I am? Ain't no way. It's the type of ignorant comments like that that make me wonder if they're just saying that shit to be ignorant for no reason. It's just pointless. You can think I "didn't perform to the best of my ability" all you want. All I'm saying is the review (a few of them, actually) had bullshit based comments. The only way to "critique the judges", as you put it, was to pick up their slack and point out what they missed, since they're so incredibly good at judging battles. That's how I looked at it. But as I said, it can be deleted if need be. I got no problem with it.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-10 23:33:18

At 4/10/11 10:45 PM, NimbusTheGeneral wrote: Well I got no issue with it being deleted if need be. I felt like I needed to speak my peace since people wanted to talk shit about the way I perform my music. Yes, twisting worked against me in this round. My clarity wasn't the greatest. But for people basically saying I sound the same and talk about how bad I think I am? Ain't no way. It's the type of ignorant comments like that that make me wonder if they're just saying that shit to be ignorant for no reason. It's just pointless. You can think I "didn't perform to the best of my ability" all you want. All I'm saying is the review (a few of them, actually) had bullshit based comments. The only way to "critique the judges", as you put it, was to pick up their slack and point out what they missed, since they're so incredibly good at judging battles. That's how I looked at it. But as I said, it can be deleted if need be. I got no problem with it.

What I meant was you seemed to be reviewing the battle and defending your disses/flips, more so then critiquing the judges. What you felt needed to be said was said. All in all it was a good battle.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 00:08:52

I agree it was a good battle.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 01:05:40

Nimbus, Cynic, Red: I have a question what the hell happened to the volume of that battle track?

~Mike~

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 01:32:46

At 4/10/11 10:45 PM, NimbusTheGeneral wrote: But as I said, it can be deleted if need be. I got no problem with it.

I do understand the problem.. not everyone who rates these battles is gonna look at your opponent's profile and understand the inside jokes, so you've got to spell them out for people. But do it in the battle. If you have to explain yourself afterwards to make it work, then it's probably not as effective as you think it is.

It would be a great strategy if every judge was in on our inside jokes around here, but they're not. You've gotta know your audience if you want the audience's votes.. If we've taken out posting lyrics, we sure as fuck don't need a road map to entire battles in reviews.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 04:26:42

At 4/10/11 10:01 AM, Smorgishmorg wrote:
At 4/10/11 04:30 AM, Gasmasq wrote: @Smorg: You're not as clever or funny as you think you are. But keep laughing at your own jokes if you think trying to troll is gonna get you anywhere.
U jelly?

You mus be trippin /b/rotha

NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 07:50:00

You know, I don't know how many times I need to say it. I didn't post that review for votes. I posted that review because some people instead of leaving a review or their breakdown on the battle had to take it a step further and talk shit for no reason. It's uncalled for, and especially if you're claiming to be a superior judge of a battle over everyone else. I felt a type of way about it and decided to reply. Was my response uncalled for as well? Of course it was. But at the time I didn't give a shit. It's not to sway votes or even get judges on my side. If everyone wants to be on bullshit about the whole thing ( I don't mean you @Flex, I mean the ignorant ones), then count the votes as they stand now. If I advance I'll pass that shit on to Cynic and bounce. I won't have a bunch of pussy ass people talking shit about how their boy got cheated out of a competition because of a review I jumped the gun replying to. If Cynic has the votes and advances then in this round he was the better artist. I guarantee there won't be people in an uproar screaming that Cynic went crying to judges to cheat for votes. My people don't get on shit like that. So take it how y'all want to take it. Either way I already agree it was a rash move on my part that should've been avoided. Nothing I'm going to apologize for, but just a bad decision on my end.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 08:25:21

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I'm quitting. What I'm saying is if necessary. Fuck it, y'all get it. If not, oh weel.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 08:43:07

At 4/11/11 01:05 AM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Nimbus, Cynic, Red: I have a question what the hell happened to the volume of that battle track?

Nimbus, did Cynic ever send you the .wav instead of an .mp3 of his second verse?
Cynic, in the future, please export to .wav to preserve audio quality.
Red, would an improper export explain the degradation in volume?
Wyze, good ear.

NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 09:42:48

Thinkin of leavin? Like hell you will. The votes will be tallied and if you advance you will continue to fucking entertain me. That's an order, soldier.
But in all seriousness, I think I get what seems to be going on. Zealous fans will do dumb shit. I had some of my idiot followers ripping down flyers, which is not cool at all, and I had to check 'em. It just so happens that people do dumb shit to display their loyalty... which explains all those window stickers of Calvin pissing on car company logos.

As a serious judge of this competition, I appreciate the effort that you and Cynic put into this competition, and I wouldn't have cast my vote for you if I didn't feel that you didn't deserve it, regardless of what was said. Don't get me wrong - Cynic ripped a hole in your stomach so deep it'll take months to pump it, but you flipped like it wasn't shit.

You have to understand that a diverse crowd can be expected of a judging panel. I'm your doctor, DO WHAT I SAY!

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 10:22:57

At 4/11/11 08:43 AM, Gasmasq wrote:
At 4/11/11 01:05 AM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Nimbus, Cynic, Red: I have a question what the hell happened to the volume of that battle track?
Nimbus, did Cynic ever send you the .wav instead of an .mp3 of his second verse?
Wyze, good ear.

Actually, he did send me the .wav file at my request after it was realized he sent an .mp3 the first time.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 10:25:53

You know what y'all, I'm cool. I blew up for no reason. Well, for me it was for a reason. For the comp it wasn't. But I've simmered down anyway. I think I was trying to get people to see a different point of view because theirs was ignorant and directed at me specifically. Not everyone, just a few. I just felt like I was being attacked, so my natural reaction is defend and attack back. So if anyone took it the wrong way, it was not in response to anyone that wasn't being a total dick.

I got nothing against Cynic. We did a hell of a job in the competition. So, good luck Cynic and we'll see where it all ends up from here.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 10:48:59

At 4/11/11 08:43 AM, Gasmasq wrote: Nimbus, did Cynic ever send you the .wav instead of an .mp3 of his second verse?
Wyze, good ear.

It was all .wav files as far as I remember. I don't do any mixing though, I'm leaving that entirely to MC's.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 13:39:35

At 4/11/11 10:25 AM, NimbusTheGeneral wrote: You know what y'all, I'm cool. I blew up for no reason.

Nimbus, if you would have done any kinda research, you would have seen that Terrorcata's only reviews have been for Cynic's tracks. You're not dealing with someone that's unbiased, you're dealing with someone that wants to vote for Cynic.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 17:14:56

At 4/11/11 01:39 PM, MadFLeX wrote:
At 4/11/11 10:25 AM, NimbusTheGeneral wrote: You know what y'all, I'm cool. I blew up for no reason.
Nimbus, if you would have done any kinda research, you would have seen that Terrorcata's only reviews have been for Cynic's tracks. You're not dealing with someone that's unbiased, you're dealing with someone that wants to vote for Cynic.

It wasn't the fact that terrorcata even voted for Cynic. Votes are expected in a great battle like that. Honestly, I expected OT. It's the way he came out the side of his mouth that pissed me off. But I'm good, I even tried (with no results) to get the comment I left deleted. I'm more irritated at myself at this point, but I'll get over it.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 19:38:51

At 4/10/11 09:19 PM, NimbusTheGeneral wrote: Some of the voters are too young, or don't do any research when they make a decision to figure out a punch from a flip (and Pig is an idiot).

No, you're retarded if you think it's the listeners job to research the contenders. That's your job in this situation... it's also your job to present your research in an understandable way to the listeners.
If i missed any of your punchlines then it's because you presented it in a cryptic way.
Also... you seem to think everything you say is a punch even if it's not clever or doesn't hit at all... looking up something your opponent said and reciting stuff about it off of wikipedia does not a flip make.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 20:21:30

Also shout out to Mao...

Nimbus. I thought his verses were well convoluted;

I'll agree on that....Nimbus's verses sure are convoluted, lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 20:58:33

At 4/11/11 07:38 PM, PiGPEN wrote:
At 4/10/11 09:19 PM, NimbusTheGeneral wrote: Some of the voters are too young, or don't do any research when they make a decision to figure out a punch from a flip (and Pig is an idiot).
No, you're retarded if you think it's the listeners job to research the contenders. That's your job in this situation... it's also your job to present your research in an understandable way to the listeners.
If i missed any of your punchlines then it's because you presented it in a cryptic way.
Also... you seem to think everything you say is a punch even if it's not clever or doesn't hit at all... looking up something your opponent said and reciting stuff about it off of wikipedia does not a flip make.

You assume I don't know the definition of a word and needed wikipedia? PiG, you can't even begin to imagine the words I know. But that doesn't matter anyway. I'm not sure what "handbook of battle" you read your rules out of, but you should probably get an updated copy of it with Cliff's notes in it (you know, those little cheat notes off to the side and bottoms of the pages, in case you've never heard of it before). But try again when you're ready.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 21:54:27

At 4/11/11 08:21 PM, PiGPEN wrote: Also shout out to Mao...
Nimbus. I thought his verses were well convoluted;
I'll agree on that....Nimbus's verses sure are convoluted, lol.

Convolute (definition number 2 would be the one thats most appropriate for what I was trying to point out)

-verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
to coil up; form into a twisted shape.
-adjective
rolled up together or with one part over another.
Botany . coiled up longitudinally so that one margin is within the coil and the other without, as the petals of cotton.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 22:01:30

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 22:12:33

At 4/11/11 10:01 PM, EternalXIII wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 96068
This sounds like the finals to me.

That's a dope track. It's the same sample as D-Sisive's track If: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwgxV1dZ EM

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen it!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-11 23:30:51

I haven't seen Murdaa's first verse yet, it's time to set a deadline again. If his verse isn't in by Wednesday at midnight he's disqualified.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-12 05:35:18

At 4/11/11 08:58 PM, NimbusTheGeneral wrote: You assume I don't know the definition of a word and needed wikipedia? PiG, you can't even begin to imagine the words I know.

That's nice *head pat*.

But that doesn't matter anyway. I'm not sure what "handbook of battle" you read your rules out of, but you should probably get an updated copy of it with Cliff's notes in it (you know, those little cheat notes off to the side and bottoms of the pages, in case you've never heard of it before). But try again when you're ready.

What rules did i speak of? I gave you a fairly obvious insight.....that the listeners are not going to research the people battling. I Thought you did live battles? How do you not know this?

At 4/11/11 09:54 PM, MickeyMao wrote: Convolute (definition number 2 would be the one thats most appropriate for what I was trying to point out)

Good thing i flipped your intended meaning to mean what i wanted.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-12 12:26:30

At 4/11/11 01:39 PM, MadFLeX wrote:

Now thats what im talking about someone that does their research, and excuse me Mr. Nimbus but you need to calm the fuck down buddy, and stop acting like you're the high priest of battle rap...as far as I know any battle between a SMACK artist has been live...not sure if that has any relevance to a submission format but...yeah nice reference. As for FLEX...well of course i'm gonna back my boy in the competition, and if you had did a little more research you would have seen that this same shit happened with Exceptid and the final battle.....and you didnt see him crying like a little baby back bitch, trying to justify his every punch...shut the fuck uppp Nimbus acting like I dont know what im talking about....saying you dont care about this contest after you fell on your knees begging for deep throat votes. Hahahaha and its funny that you say your boys dont get down like this Nimbus.....you talking about that fan base of four? or are you trying to make us think you have groupies? Either way you're bullshitting, cause everyone knows you aint got no bitchess, and theres just no damn way you have more than four fans. Shit I mean I was gonna become the 5th fan Nimbus but I dont know if I can support your vanillas soft serve ass if this is how you conduct yourself in battle General.

:I: THE.EMPTY.7.CLAN :I: QUEST CREW :I:

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-12 13:06:27

At 4/11/11 08:58 PM, NimbusTheGeneral wrote:
At 4/11/11 07:38 PM, PiGPEN wrote:
At 4/10/11 09:19 PM, NimbusTheGeneral wrote:
You assume I don't know the definition of a word and needed wikipedia? PiG, you can't even begin to imagine the words I know. But that doesn't matter anyway. I'm not sure what "handbook of battle" you read your rules out of, but you should probably get an updated copy of it with Cliff's notes in it (you know, those little cheat notes off to the side and bottoms of the pages, in case you've never heard of it before). But try again when you're ready.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH please someone tell me he did not just say that! PLEASE!! Nimbus!?!?!? what are these magical unimaginable words you speak of? Has your old age brought you to a plateau of knowledge unexplored by the "common folk" of man kind??? I mean damnnn that is one high ass horse you must be sitting on Nimbus....are you the battle champion of Earth!?!? Let us all give thanks an praise that Nimbus the General has graced us with his presence. We are not worthy of your supreme excellence your highness.

:I: THE.EMPTY.7.CLAN :I: QUEST CREW :I:

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-04-12 13:38:38

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH please someone tell me he did not just say that! PLEASE!! Nimbus!?!?!? what are these magical unimaginable words you speak of? Has your old age brought you to a plateau of knowledge unexplored by the "common folk" of man kind??? I mean damnnn that is one high ass horse you must be sitting on Nimbus....are you the battle champion of Earth!?!? Let us all give thanks an praise that Nimbus the General has graced us with his presence. We are not worthy of your supreme excellence your highness.

I got 4 fans? Aight, if you say so. I understand Cynic is your boy. I understand you ride out for him. You can type whatever you want talking shit all you want man. I already said my peace, sat back and decided to leave it alone. So, kick rocks and troll somewhere else. Moron.