00:00
00:00

Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011

39,401 Views | 651 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-19 21:12:16

Also, Q-Sik and glitch2sd have finished their battle. Big ups guys! I'm going to wait until we've decided on the voting topic to upload their track.

Speak your mind on the voting topic, I'll make a decision tonight. I'm leaning towards the number 1 I wrote earlier.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-19 21:14:37

At 3/19/11 09:12 PM, MadFLeX wrote: OR....you can just pick a name and stick with it. Just sayin. haha..

Nah, when it's credits on something like an album it's legit to double check how everyone wants to be cited. It's like writing Notorious B.I.G. or Biggie or Biggie Smalls, whatever.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-19 21:22:32

By the way, regarding PiGPEN's question about seeing the votes:

Most of 'em corresponded with all the reviews. It only made a difference in the closer battles like Q-Sik vs TehSlapHappy, HeIsAlive vs IllMortal, and JoeyKeys vs PiGPEN. In those cases I know that the winner was atleast 2 votes ahead.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-19 21:57:07

What is taking Gloine so god damn long...

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-19 22:03:24

He said he's getting 'er in tonight.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-19 23:06:03

There's a 72 hour time limit still, right? So if i don't get a track from Suddle before 9:00 on Sunday, do I get a free pass to the next round?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-19 23:23:42

sorry I've been having trouble finding time to waste on writing for you.

but I can get it to you soon.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 00:23:03

At 3/19/11 11:23 PM, SoundGoodizer wrote: sorry I've been having trouble finding time to waste on writing for you.

but I can get it to you soon.

Burn.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 01:41:47

At 3/19/11 09:14 PM, BigRed wrote:
At 3/19/11 09:12 PM, MadFLeX wrote: OR....you can just pick a name and stick with it. Just sayin. haha..
Nah, when it's credits on something like an album it's legit to double check how everyone wants to be cited. It's like writing Notorious B.I.G. or Biggie or Biggie Smalls, whatever.

Yeah like me I go by Glitch but newgrounds already had a Glitch so I registered under Glitchs2d

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 03:19:30

At 3/19/11 09:22 PM, BigRed wrote: By the way, regarding PiGPEN's question about seeing the votes:

Most of 'em corresponded with all the reviews. It only made a difference in the closer battles like Q-Sik vs TehSlapHappy, HeIsAlive vs IllMortal, and JoeyKeys vs PiGPEN. In those cases I know that the winner was atleast 2 votes ahead.

Seriously? Mine vs Keys was close in votes? In the review count i more than doubled him.
9:joey, 20:me ( not counting my mom's review, :3 )

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 03:34:08

Actually scratch that. You won the battle 9 to 4 from registered voters. It was closer in the early reviews, but not as more came in.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 04:35:04

Yea it seemed like I won more of the votes of the people in the competition, maybe because they know more about Hip Hop, or maybe because I'm terrible and they would rather face me in the future, I don't know. Lol
When the registered voters started voting though, it seemed to get more even. Lol
I checked and some of the people who left reviews and voted, who weren't in the competition, knew TehSlapHappy very well and voted for him (with their "reasoning", of course), that was a little fishy to me, but I moved on to the 2nd round so whatever.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 13:13:43

HEISALIVE
check your inbox i divshared it to you.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 13:24:49

since the top 3 get store credit, is it safe to assume the losers in the semis go against each other for that?

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 14:29:09

So Red, you should post mine and Glitch's track..........

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:13:42

At 3/20/11 04:35 AM, QSikThe112 wrote: Yea it seemed like I won more of the votes of the people in the competition, maybe because they know more about Hip Hop, or maybe because I'm terrible and they would rather face me in the future, I don't know. Lol
When the registered voters started voting though, it seemed to get more even. Lol
I checked and some of the people who left reviews and voted, who weren't in the competition, knew TehSlapHappy very well and voted for him (with their "reasoning", of course), that was a little fishy to me, but I moved on to the 2nd round so whatever.

If I pull your head out of your ass, how long will it take your eyes to open since they've never been exposed to the light?

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:14:26

huckleberry finn up in this bitch word.

Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:24:58

At 3/20/11 02:50 PM, Bees wrote: I hope I fall into this category.

I'm not smug at all, lmao, and now I'm a professional with a 10-dollar mic? Lol I guess if you assume I'm smug because of me saying how good I was in my RAP, that's called RAPPING, lmao.
Wanna go vote against Nimbus now? Because, and no offense intended towards Nimbus, he's probably the cockiest guy in this competition. Hell, he'll probably even admit it, newsflash: THAT'S A GOOD THING AND THAT'S CALLED BEING A RAPPER. If TehSlapHappy is the modest mother fucker alive then he'll definitely get NOWHERE in Hip Hop. You just sound retarded and I think you should go cry to your momma, kid.

Mark Twain line was definitely better than Slap's "Lay you down and kiss you" line. I know that much. That's just homo, not good at all.
I was saying that Slap can't back up anything he said because he's never spent a day in the street and he certainly would never be able to do anything he said about me, to me, because he's just a story-teller. A.K.A. Fake. Not real at all.

I'm sure there are a lot of my lines that your tiny illogical mind probably couldn't understand.
I'll explain them if you life.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:29:46

At 3/20/11 03:15 PM, Bees wrote: I still can't believe he won with a line like you tell stories like mark twain and his only line that was remotely close to an insult was "your hype track was wack"

But it's all good, he'll get murdered next round and that'll be that (probably already did)

"I was antiabortion until I met you"
"You? You get no recognition"
"Your rhymes are so retarded its scary"
"Man you're so low, I'll call you Barry"
"or Tinkerbell cause you're a fairy
It looks like this battle, I'll have to carry!"

"Grab the inhaler, its in your fanny pack"
"You're the hype man, I'm the headliner"
"I'm the black knight, and you're my squire"
"Get off your knees! I know you're not prayin.."

I'll admit that I went weak because its fucking TehSlapHappy I didnt try at all, but those we're all insults, once again is your tiny mind incapable of understanding rap. Lol
But you are actually right, I could have not have insulted him at all and won that battle just because of his voice. I'm sorry but its true.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:32:05

Who said this is about the street and keeping it real you fucking tard? This is newgrounds, he can rap about dicks if he wants to and still come out on top.

POINT MADE.

You're an insecure superficial twat that is ridiculously worried about the image he puts out in front of the 7-11 with his lame ass friends who secretly sucks cock on the weekends.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:35:10

At 3/20/11 03:29 PM, QSikThe112 wrote:
I'll admit that I went weak because its fucking TehSlapHappy I didnt try at all, but those we're all insults, once again is your tiny mind incapable of understanding rap. Lol
But you are actually right, I could have not have insulted him at all and won that battle just because of his voice. I'm sorry but its true.

Can you teach me to suck my own cock just like you do? You seem quite talented at it.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:37:00

"Wanna go vote against Nimbus now? Because, and no offense intended towards Nimbus, he's probably the cockiest guy in this competition. Hell, he'll probably even admit it"

Hell yeah I admit it. I have confidence in my ability. If anyone has to vote against me, it will DEFINITELY have to be for a good reason.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:38:58

Was I really just called a twat? Lol these newgrounds nerds are funny.
Yea, I took the criticism a bit harder than I should have in some reviews. Cause the thought of TehSlapHappy being better than me is ridiculous.
Now once again, go hate on PIGPeN, he clearly killed Keys(we all know this) and he didn't take the criticism very well in some of his reviews.

Yea, this is newgrounds, and no we aren't all gigantic nerds with no lives. Just most of you are.
Go be a hater somewhere else.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:41:35

At 3/20/11 03:24 PM, QSikThe112 wrote: I was saying that Slap can't back up anything he said because he's never spent a day in the street and he certainly would never be able to do anything he said about me, to me, because he's just a story-teller. A.K.A. Fake. Not real at all.

you live in kentucky

in hazard, kentucky the violent crime rate is 100 less than the national average

STR8 FROM DA HOOD

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:42:35

I didn't underestimate Slap at all, I assumed he would write about kissing me and giving me diseases, and he did.
Lol @ Nimbus and that's what I'm saying, his lyrics were NOT better than mine, I accepted the reviews that said "He has more energy"
Because he certainly came at it with more energy, and I can tell he tried because of that. Yea, I think I'm the mother fucking best rapper in the world, but I'm still probably the most humble rapper in this competition.
If I had gotten to face somebody that was actually really good in the first round, yea I might of lost and hell I might lose to Glitch, but I certainly tried harder and you can hate on this next battle all you want, I don't really care.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:44:45

At 3/20/11 03:38 PM, QSikThe112 wrote: Was I really just called a twat? Lol these newgrounds nerds are funny.
Yea, I took the criticism a bit harder than I should have in some reviews. Cause the thought of TehSlapHappy being better than me is ridiculous.
Now once again, go hate on PIGPeN, he clearly killed Keys(we all know this) and he didn't take the criticism very well in some of his reviews.

Yea, this is newgrounds, and no we aren't all gigantic nerds with no lives. Just most of you are.
Go be a hater somewhere else.

I may be a nerd, but I am more than capeable of breaking your arm in 3 different places before sticking a knife in your throat. I've done it to people before, I can do it again.

I guess allhiphop.com gave you the boot since you suck so goddamn bad kid.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:45:37

At 3/20/11 01:24 PM, MadFLeX wrote: since the top 3 get store credit, is it safe to assume the losers in the semis go against each other for that?

Yeah, I got credit for a third place so we could have a consolation battle between the knocked out MC's. Is it tricky to edit the brackets to include that? It can be small.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:53:39

Wow... I never realized SlapHappy had such a cult following, either that or someone has some alternate accounts; and this someone isnt taking defeat well.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 15:55:38

At 3/20/11 03:53 PM, MickeyMao wrote: Wow... I never realized SlapHappy had such a cult following, either that or someone has some alternate accounts; and this someone isnt taking defeat well.

It's the former rather than the latter. You can tell because our writing styles are different.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-20 16:00:42

LMFAO Y'all going back and forth over something that's already over is funny. I personally think Slap could've done better, but I also told QSik if he made it to the next round he better bring it. He's been warned already that he could lose the next round for simple shit.

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just saying. If the votes went against me and for Mao, I'd still be cool with that regardless. But everyone's going to feel a certain type of way for getting knocked out of the tournament. I mean, let's face it. We ALL entered this tournament (well, most of us anyway) believing that we were going to be better than our competitors to begin with. Without that confidence, you may as well write your ticket out of the tournament.

Anyway, good luck to the artists left. Fuck the beef, let's make some raw ass diss tracks lol.