00:00
00:00

Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011

39,435 Views | 651 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-11 17:24:40

man, technology has officially come too far. Haha.

Mad Haddur was my original name when I first got aol.MadFLeX came because I was with a group of friends battling, and one of my boys was like 'Mad flexed on you! Whatchoo know about Mad flex?'.. And it stuck. I originally spelled it with 2 x's, then I went down to just the one. Regardless, the one thing I'm not is a thief. Haha. Don't steal avatars, don't steal names.

Gas, you're dope as hell. Happy to have battled such a talented artist, however the votes fall.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-11 20:54:24

This final battle needed more cited sources than a twenty page term paper!

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-11 22:34:18

No offense to either of you, of course Gas seemed to not really give a shit and like he was just fucking around with his. But if you didn't flip what they said about you and explained it in your verse, then you shouldn't be trying to take extra time to explain it now. The battle is over.

At the same time, Gas did say that shit in his last verse, so I guess Flex couldn't really explain it in a third verse. Go make a track explaining how Gas is a liar. Lmao

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-12 00:58:08

@ Nimbus

Thanks for the lengthy review, man, appreciate it.
:You made a nice point that Flex used the same rhyme scheme with minimal syllables
I went for a different approach for my first verse. The beat was mean and I thought I'd ride it and try to flip the name "Gasmasq" as long as it held weight, and then throw in some personals without leaving rhyming his name.

I'm disappointed there wasn't at least an attempt to re-flip the transitive property line

"It's fallible. Clowned this bitch, he busts a nut for algebra."
if i would have spent two bars on it, it would have turned from a rap battle into a dorkfest.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-12 04:31:07

Bwaahahahaaaaa!!!! >:3

At 5/11/11 11:43 PM, n1k-mUg wrote: do you really work at carl's jr?

I did for a year. He found that in one of my Youtube freestyles. However, I quit in Nov. SUCKA!! :D

At 5/12/11 12:58 AM, MadFLeX wrote: if i would have spent two bars on it, it would have turned from a rap battle into a dorkfest.

I still wish you would've let me use my final of my first verse. I liked that transitive property flip better...

C me Beatin A college dropout with knowledge, doin' it properly! lolololol

NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-12 04:44:06

outside of a battle, i say fuck it. work at carl's jr. shit, we all gotta make our money.

gas...i have an associate degree AND a bachelors degree. can't you research ANYTHING right???

=)

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-12 12:36:03

lol...
it looks like you all had some fun with this :P

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-12 12:38:06

At 5/10/11 07:06 PM, BigRed wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 59763
When I have some more free time I'll put together some more cyphers. I usually get people in on them through the NGHH email list I have going.

very nice.
lame though, I would have been down for such a thing.
I feel like a couple of you wrote lyrics though... which is also kind of lame :P

It just sounds like it...

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-16 14:43:17

At 5/12/11 12:58 AM, MadFLeX wrote: @ Nimbus

Thanks for the lengthy review, man, appreciate it.
You made a nice point that Flex used the same rhyme scheme with minimal syllables
I went for a different approach for my first verse. The beat was mean and I thought I'd ride it and try to flip the name "Gasmasq" as long as it held weight, and then throw in some personals without leaving rhyming his name.
I'm disappointed there wasn't at least an attempt to re-flip the transitive property line
"It's fallible. Clowned this bitch, he busts a nut for algebra."
if i would have spent two bars on it, it would have turned from a rap battle into a dorkfest.

Now, now, quote me correctly. What I said afterwards was it wouldn't have worked out anyway lol. I had to leave a good review, being the last battle. Mind you, this was my personal opinions on each verse and what I caught just by listening to pieces of it at a time. I'm sure there were a few punches I missed by not going back and playing it over and over again. It was definitely a great battle, and I do have to put in a shameless few words at this point...IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME BATTLING FLEX, BEATING FLEX, AND BATTLING GAS DAMNIT! lol

I'm joking, of course. This whole battle would've been interesting had there been different outcomes, less disappointmens and dropouts. It's a shame some people couldn't continue to compete.

Stay up,

Nimbus The General

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-17 03:58:35

The real shame is that smorg made it as far as he did.

~Mike~

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-17 11:48:34

At 5/17/11 03:58 AM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: The real shame is that smorg made it as far as he did.

Actually, I really enjoyed his battle with MasQ. His verses, obviously, sucked, but I liked the way Gas handled it. He seemed like he was really pissed over Smorg's disrespect, and it caused his verses to flow better than I've ever heard him flow in a battle. It was one of the sweetest knockouts I've ever seen handed out, even if it was the easiest. My opinion anyway. I definitely don't mind Smorg getting as far as he did, just because it meant watching MasQ verbally rip his internal organs out.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-17 12:49:21

i agree Jack. Gas handled it with the perfect amount of comedy mixed with seriousness that completely stole whatever limelight Smorg was attempting to get. Brackets are gonna fall apart sometimes and some draws are worse than others. Smorg lucked out in having maybe the only person worse than him in the first round and then a bye. In the meanwhile, Nimbus got a brutal draw where his first 3 were pretty competitive. Smorg was going to lose the second he hit someone mildly competitive, but it is a shame that it took a couple round for that to happen.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-17 15:11:39

On the flip side there were a huge amount of dope battles this year. Even the first round has some tracks that I will listen to again. Some weird things happened but overall I am really happy with the knock out this year.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-17 18:14:02

Haha "Formally apologize to Skullbeatz in your next verse" I'm glad Smorg made it that far too cause that line alone had me and my bros here rollin for days. Gas was fuckin hilarious! Lol Smorg's road to the Gas battle was a joke and I think Suddle quit his battle only because he really thought it was a joke and just didnt wanna waste 16 more on Smorg.

Lol Next year can not come sooner though, I wanna another shot now that I got better quality and mixing skills XD I'm hyped up already haha

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-18 03:30:43

someone should start another comp then, lol.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-18 06:23:07

i just listened to the final round & i think the whole interruption was cool at first but it would be a better idea if u did that just in the beginning or in the end cuz if it would be a lil annoying for the listener who has it on a mp3 and keeps hearing that interruption i know it was made for tension or whatever but you get what im sayin haha

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-18 13:18:45

I am planning on organizing some more battles outside of the competition. It would be at a much more relaxed pace, maybe a round of battles per month. I will likely try to match people up with MC's of semi-equal skill level. If you want to be in on those make sure you are on the NGHH mailing list (ie give me your email if you haven't already).

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-19 07:16:34

I would be down without a doubt, just be make sure to hit me up if something as such ends up unfolding lol.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-21 02:51:41

The results are up on my news post. Congrats to the winners! I will email Tom the list of people who will be awarded Store Credit, and you can use that to get some dope NG swag. If you don't own the NGHH cd yet BUY THE NGHH 2010 CD!

Here are the tallies for the MC battles:
MadFLeX vs Gasmasq: MadFLeX wins 11 to 4
Cynic vs Self: The Bluest Eye: Self wins 5 to 3

And if you ever want to be involved with NGHH stuff make sure I have your email!

Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-21 02:53:43

MAKE A FRONT PAGE NEWS POST AND PASTE THIS
http://pastebin.com/79HDW4vR

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-21 06:58:25

At 5/21/11 02:53 AM, BigRed wrote: MAKE A FRONT PAGE NEWS POST AND PASTE THIS
http://pastebin.com/79HDW4vR

I think Tom Fulp just did.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-05-22 20:23:57

At 5/21/11 02:51 AM, BigRed wrote: And if you ever want to be involved with NGHH stuff make sure I have your email!

markdavidjohnson112@yahoo.com