00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hellpix just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What happened to the art forum?

2,840 Views | 38 Replies

Response to What happened to the art forum? 2011-02-05 03:28:59

At 2/5/11 03:24 AM, wesmeadow wrote: I am showing what I feel has been my own attempts at improving my own style.
I am showing the OP that not everyone is doing quick pencil on notebook paper sketches.

If I name names then I would be an ass. Look for yourself as it is not hidden and is out there in threads.

There you go again with your fighting. Can't we all just get along?

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to the art forum? 2011-02-05 03:37:11

At 2/5/11 03:17 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 2/5/11 01:06 AM, wesmeadow wrote: Lol Rant.
Oh you're so funny. We all know that you're only saying that because you can't take critiques. And you think that it's unfair when it's not. And why is there pic that looks photomanipulated? I can be wrong though.
; You're creepy. :3

You are tell me this right after telling the others to ignore the critic.

P.S. It is a photoshop picture so yes it had a base model and I altered least the rule of thumb 85% of the original picture if not more, so the model could not tell it was her.

I did do a Cow Bebop picture, which I did hand draw each character for it. Just went with this picture instead.

Response to What happened to the art forum? 2011-02-05 03:46:37

At 2/5/11 03:37 AM, wesmeadow wrote: You are tell me this right after telling the others to ignore the critic.

P.S. It is a photoshop picture so yes it had a base model and I altered least the rule of thumb 85% of the original picture if not more, so the model could not tell it was her.

I did do a Cow Bebop picture, which I did hand draw each character for it. Just went with this picture instead.

Alright, I'm sorry. I'll tell you I'm no douche. But emo critics and bad art being praised? There is no such thing here on newgrounds. Well keep improving.

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to the art forum? 2011-02-05 03:47:39

At 2/5/11 03:28 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 2/5/11 03:24 AM, wesmeadow wrote: I am showing what I feel has been my own attempts at improving my own style.
I am showing the OP that not everyone is doing quick pencil on notebook paper sketches.

If I name names then I would be an ass. Look for yourself as it is not hidden and is out there in threads.
There you go again with your fighting. Can't we all just get along?

Oh it is too late, see you drew first blood right here on my head!

"Burning in the depths of the pits of darkness,
let the fires of hell take you!
Let the fires become my sword
and strike you down! Venom!"

-Bastard!!! anime reference for any non geeks in the house

Response to What happened to the art forum? 2011-02-05 03:51:41

At 2/5/11 03:46 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 2/5/11 03:37 AM, wesmeadow wrote: You are tell me this right after telling the others to ignore the critic.

Alright, I'm sorry. I'll tell you I'm no douche. But emo critics and bad art being praised? There is no such thing here on newgrounds. Well keep improving.

Ah nah all good man, just not understanding why people are so harsh on my work and over a young guy asking a simple question.

Response to What happened to the art forum? 2011-02-05 03:54:51

At 2/5/11 03:51 AM, wesmeadow wrote: Ah nah all good man, just not understanding why people are so harsh on my work and over a young guy asking a simple question.

Young? How young exactly? Well I'm young too. 15 years old actually. Started coming here on the forum when I was 13. I adore crits. Especially harsh ones. It's how I learn yo.

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to the art forum? 2011-02-05 05:49:34

Geez guys!

Is today international generalization day?
There have and always will be both good and bad threads in the art forum. most likely you dont remember the bad threads, which makes it look like the quality was so different back then.
There are some poeple that will praise any pile of effortless shit, there are also some poeple that will bash the living daylights out of every masterpiece.
THIS DOESNT MEAN THIS REFLECTS THE ENTIRE FORUM AND/OR ITS POPULATION!

at OP: Rather than complain, why dont you put in some effort and make some fabulous art yourself, were not just here for your entertainment you know, were here to get critiques, to learn and improve.
ALSO: you might as well have picked theseexamples.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to the art forum? 2011-02-05 08:04:12

At 2/5/11 03:51 AM, wesmeadow wrote:
Ah nah all good man, just not understanding why people are so harsh on my work and over a young guy asking a simple question.

Whether or not people are critiqued "harshly" or "nicely" all really comes down to their attitudes. If people don't want to accept criticism, people will get harsh with them. If you politely accept it and say "okay, thank you, I now see what I'm doing wrong, what can I do to fix it?" people will be just as polite with you in response.
This is probably where you think the "praise" is coming from. Some of the people who aren't so great are being polite about and getting polite responses, and since those responses are considerably nicer than the ones you got, you automatically label them off as undue praise. If you'll actually pay attention, though, people are always receiving tips and critique.

I haven't seen much of you in the past year I've been here, but every time I've seen you come in here, you've been extremely defensive. That simply doesn't work in any artform, because one must be able to admit mistakes so that one can build on them.

As for your defense of the OP, the fact of the matter is he's extraordinarily rude, and we've had plenty of younger people in the forum of ages 13-15 who are much more mature than the OP is. Fifty is a good example, as is Kakashi1930.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to the art forum? 2011-02-05 10:02:10

Hey IronJesus,
Take the horse blinders off.

BBS Signature