00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

133,115 Views | 1,656 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-31 06:44:12

At 10/31/11 06:10 AM, iMini wrote: The game's certainly a lot of fun but truthfully, it kinda feels like a tactical CoD, the maps don't feel as grand and open as bad company 2, especially operation metro. Think I'll sell it for Skyrim

I think I'm slowly growing more fond of the maps the more I play them. I actually really like Operation Metro though, especially on Rush. I find battling in the tunnels to be pretty fun. At least we get those 4 Battlefield 2 maps in December for free with the Limited Edition.

I don't think I'm going to bother with Modern Warfare 3 now after seeing for myself how much fun Battlefield 3 is. The only thing that might convince me to get Modern Warfare 3 would be if most of the guys I usually play with all end up on it more frequently than BF3. I think that's likely to happen though.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-31 13:18:48

The multiplayer has really surpassed my expectations. I love it.

Campaign of what I've played is sort of bland. Not great. Sort of sick of the whole trying-to-prevent-a-mad-man-from-using-a -nuclear-device storyline. Uninteresting characters too. That said, it is quite fun. Some great set-pieces too.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-31 14:51:50

I love Seine crossing. Running up to the top floor of those talk buildings overlooking strategic points and keeping it locked down with an LMG is so easy.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-31 14:54:57

At 10/31/11 06:10 AM, iMini wrote: The game's certainly a lot of fun but truthfully, it kinda feels like a tactical CoD, the maps don't feel as grand and open as bad company 2, especially operation metro. Think I'll sell it for Skyrim

Are you joking? The maps are about 3 times the size of those in bad company.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-31 15:55:14

At 10/31/11 02:58 PM, Travis wrote:
I believe you are talking to someone who bought it on a console.

Which means they payed 60 dollars for half the game.

Ah. That explains it.

Once again, PC master race.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-31 16:29:16

Knifed an enemy on campaign who knifed me at the same time so we both died. Then, when I restarted again I instantly died. Seems I got a checkpoint as soon as I killed that guy but just before I fell to the floor and died. Excuse me whilst I go restart the whole mission again.

I can't even pause the game since i'm in the mid-death animation.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-31 16:55:19

I hate Op Metro, my favourite is the one with 3 points... I can't remember the name of it, but it has a warehouse, and then two other spots on Conquest.... I murked that map, I usually end up MVP playing on that one.

I'm hooked on this game I want nothing more than it. It's amaaaazing.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 06:07:56

At 10/31/11 05:04 PM, Cootie wrote: Operation Firestorm is my favorite map. Getting on top of those big buildings, going prone, and tearing up anyone who tries to take our flags in Conquest is a real blast. Also pull out that Stinger and fuck helicopters.

I didn't like that map at all at first. However, I've grown to like it a lot. Mainly because if you just stick to the buildings, you'll do fine. If you run around randomly, you're likely to be picked off by a sniper or something.

By the way, anyone else find it slightly annoying that your own team-mates can blind you with their flash lights in the combat/medic class? I do.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 07:28:38

At 11/1/11 06:07 AM, Jack wrote: By the way, anyone else find it slightly annoying that your own team-mates can blind you with their flash lights in the combat/medic class? I do.

Yea, that pisses me off from time to time. I've actually had the occasional guy stand in front of me and just shine that thing in my face, probably with the intent of annoying me. Even the laser sights get annoying from time to time. There was one game where I was standing close by to the M-COM Station in some kind of warehouse, my team mate mustn't have been to sure if I was friend or foe for some reason so started pointing it at my face and during that time I was soon killed because I couldn't see what was going on.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 09:09:57

At 11/1/11 09:02 AM, Cootie wrote: I don't know why some people run around with the flashlight on ALL THE TIME anyways. It is meant for close quarters with low light. Using it any other time just turns you into a beacon for bullets.

To be fair, I think the fault is with DICE there. They should have things like the flashlight and laser sight turned off by default. On the rare occasion that I actually have the flashlight equipped I always forget that it's on until I enter a dark area and it becomes noticeable. Still, it's quite amusing when someone is camping in a usually tough to spot location and clearly hasn't realised that their flashlight is on. They stick out like a sore thumb.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 09:11:52

At 11/1/11 09:09 AM, Dean wrote: They should have things like the flashlight and laser sight turned off by default.

They still haven't done this?

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 09:15:38

At 11/1/11 09:11 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: They still haven't done this?

Not as far as I'm aware, but it's something that I would like to see changed. Has this been mentioned as a feature that they plan on changing at some point?

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 11:23:09

At 11/1/11 10:11 AM, Cootie wrote: Oh fuck me! They are planning on nerfing stinger missles for some stupid reason.

Some guy made a post on the BF3 forums that actually made some sense. He said that the stinger can fire 2 missiles faster than the pilots can deploy 2 flares. Whether this is true or not, I can't actually confirm but I guess it seems like it is.

Reading through the BF3 forums is actually pretty sad. Everyone posting there just moans about the game. I really don't see how someone can hate this game so much. Their reasons are all trivial and in no way close to being game breaking.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 13:05:57

At 11/1/11 10:11 AM, Cootie wrote: Oh fuck me! They are planning on nerfing stinger missles for some stupid reason. People who are new to.the game can't fly worth a shit and instead of getting better they cry to and DICE like a schoolyard sissy.

Sorry, I want the stingers to be nerfed as well as i've continuously gone against entire teams of engineers pointing up in the sky (because they are butt hurt) aiming for me with stingers. Which the ECM jammer does squat all to protect you from, flares don't work well when you can be locked on for that kind of range, the stingers can be loaded quickly, even with stealth they lock on quickly, and just in general they are a pain in the ass. Battlefield 2 had a system for anti-air that probably worked best (set non-mobile anti-air weapons). Flying high against a team smart enough to use stingers, and I seem to come across those often, is essentially making you both useless and a dead man walking. Flying low can still make yourself useful but if you so much as scrap a leaf on a tree or if any lag occurs you are royally fucked.

Trust me, i'm very good at flying the jets and i'm by no means new to Battlefield.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 14:08:50

At 11/1/11 10:11 AM, Cootie wrote: Oh fuck me! They are planning on nerfing stinger missles for some stupid reason. People who are new to.the game can't fly worth a shit and instead of getting better they cry to and DICE like a schoolyard sissy. They have flares and if they can't get away from me while I have to take the time to lock on AGAIN then they deserve to die in the game.

I fired three stinger missiles at a single jet in one match and all three of them missed because of fucking flares. So I presume they have an unlimited amount of them.

Also, if they get rid of stinger missles, they can just go ahead and get rid of the jets as well. They're too fast to take down with a regular missle launcher and they could simply avoid areas with anti-air guns.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 14:46:55

I don't really see the point in the jets anyway. The only use that I can see for the jets is to take down other jets. And if the enemy jet's only use is to take down our jet, why have jets in the first place?

I've not spent all that much time in jets but I couldn't find any way that they might contribute to the game. Do they at some point unlock better weapons that allow them to do some kind of bombing run or something?

On a stats related note, I have 16 MVP ribbons and have played only 60 matches so far. I reckon that's pretty damn good.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 15:01:43

It'd be badass if jets could do carpet bombs, THEN they would serve a purpose.
I don't like them though, I've played around with them a bit last night and learned how to control them a little better, but they still seem so pointless.
I agree with you.

I recorded a track today about Battlefield, if any of you are in to some nerdy rap, I'd recommend you check this out and let me know what you think of it... (give it a chance I don't suck at rapping)

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 15:32:25

At 11/1/11 02:46 PM, Dean wrote: I don't really see the point in the jets anyway. The only use that I can see for the jets is to take down other jets. And if the enemy jet's only use is to take down our jet, why have jets in the first place?

I've not spent all that much time in jets but I couldn't find any way that they might contribute to the game. Do they at some point unlock better weapons that allow them to do some kind of bombing run or something?

You guys.......oh you guys and your shortsightedness.

The jets are just like the rest of the vehicles in the game. YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK SHIT FOR THEM.

Later you get guided missiles, heatseekers, rocket pods, and beam scanners.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 15:50:42

At 11/1/11 03:32 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 11/1/11 02:46 PM, Dean wrote: Do they at some point unlock better weapons that allow them to do some kind of bombing run or something?
You guys.......oh you guys and your shortsightedness.

The jets are just like the rest of the vehicles in the game. YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK SHIT FOR THEM.

Speaking of short-sightedness, did you read my post?

I agree though Luke, bombing runs would be pretty sweet although probably a pretty big annoyance if you were on the receiving end. I'm currently trying to unlock a mortar. Too many times now my team seems to end up getting pretty badly beaten by those things and now I'd like one of my own to return the favour to those bastards that just camp out with them.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 15:59:14

At 11/1/11 02:46 PM, Dean wrote: I don't really see the point in the jets anyway. The only use that I can see for the jets is to take down other jets. And if the enemy jet's only use is to take down our jet, why have jets in the first place?

Nearly everytime I jump in the jet I grab the MVP spot with 5000~ points on Kharg Island or Caspien Border. You have to spot and fire upon the tanks, jeeps, LAV's, helicopters, and obviously jets. I have everything unlocked for the jets and I find good use for them everytime.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 16:36:57

At 11/1/11 03:50 PM, Dean wrote:
Speaking of short-sightedness, did you read my post?

I agree though Luke, bombing runs would be pretty sweet although probably a pretty big annoyance if you were on the receiving end. I'm currently trying to unlock a mortar. Too many times now my team seems to end up getting pretty badly beaten by those things and now I'd like one of my own to return the favour to those bastards that just camp out with them.

I was not shortsighted. I answered your silly question which you could have googled yourself young man.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 16:39:49

At 11/1/11 09:02 AM, Cootie wrote: I don't know why some people run around with the flashlight on ALL THE TIME anyways. It is meant for close quarters with low light. Using it any other time just turns you into a beacon for bullets.

I don't know why a flashlight blinds you in broad daylight though.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 18:31:01

At 11/1/11 04:39 PM, Dromedary wrote:
I don't know why a flashlight blinds you in broad daylight though.

Indeed. Makes no sense.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 19:49:51

At 11/1/11 07:39 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 11/1/11 06:31 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
Indeed. Makes no sense.
I also don't see why sniper rifle scopes turn into beacons... but this is a vidjamagame.

Recon folks don't even have to use those scopes. The glare only occurs on scopes that are 6x magnification I believe.

So you can throw on a scope with less mag and not have the glare.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 22:06:45

Thoroughly enjoying this game, a bit disappointed though at how little I change my setup. I just use my m416 and even after unlocking the an-94, which was my most used gun in bad company 2, I still can't find something I can do better with. Recon class is pretty underused too, no one really takes full advantage of their gadgets.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 22:35:44

Main objective is to go after other jets AND helicopters. Trying to hit ground targets is pretty near impossible since you can't really see much at that distance. But then again, I've only barely played jets. Seems a little unfair you need to unlock flares, which puts jet newbies at even more of a disadvantage if every locked-on missile hits them each and every time.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 22:42:51

At 2/4/11 06:23 AM, Jin wrote: Will there be *gasp* regeneration?

duh duh duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-01 23:47:54

My campaign is broken. The main cutscene will start and then freeze, and start loading the level again. The disc isn't damaged or anything.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-02 00:25:31

At 11/1/11 11:55 PM, Cootie wrote: What do you fellas think of the ole' PP-2000? I though the gun was great besides it's small-ish magazine and then I unlocked extended mags for it. It fucking doubled the ammo hold.

It's alright, not liking it's small range though.

Thoughts on the Scar anyone? I feel it's pretty overpowered considering I can single fire anyone with about 3-4 bullets at about 50m. And that's not even in the head.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-02 00:27:27

Oh yah sorry for the double post but Dr.Pepper is having a bf3 thing where you can get dogtags or a custom multiplayer skin.

Link

I might go buy one tomorrow just to see if I can get a different assault skin, because the one in the advert looks really badass.