00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RunicPixels just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

132,796 Views | 1,656 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-05 08:05:27

At 11/4/11 04:36 PM, Cootie wrote: How about people who get in the jet only to immediately hit a fucking mountain...

I managed to wreck a jet before it even left the ground. I had to laugh at that. I must have moved one of the sticks by mistake and the jet rolled to the side, the wing clipped a part of the aircraft carrier and bang, the jet was no more.

At 11/4/11 06:40 PM, Snuff wrote: Dean, stop making up song titles.

Rory, stop going off topic :D

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-05 12:52:45

I'm definitely improving with the jets now and I have my heat seeking missiles unlocked. The next unlock I want is the rocket pods but I still have a good 5000 points to get with jets before that happens.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-05 13:21:39

I learnt how to fly in BF:1942, but the jets are so much faster than second world war planes, so I found it a bit difficult to start off with.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-05 13:26:29

At 11/5/11 01:23 PM, Cootie wrote: It would be cool if one of the expansions for this game went back to the WW2 era. Or perhaps even a WW1 era for badass sake.

Well, we got Vietnam with BC2 so who knows.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-05 14:42:55

Is there any news on when Dice/EA are going to improve the servers? There doesn't seem much point in playing the game with your friends if you're not going to be on the same team, never mind squad.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-05 15:09:40

At 11/5/11 02:42 PM, warshark wrote: Is there any news on when Dice/EA are going to improve the servers? There doesn't seem much point in playing the game with your friends if you're not going to be on the same team, never mind squad.

I've not been getting that issue the last few times I played. The squad system is still a bit buggered but you can easily sort that by leaving the squad you get put in and then all agreeing to join one of the empty squads. If you get landed in the other team keep checking the pause menu because the option to change team may become available.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-05 15:37:11

At 11/5/11 03:09 PM, Dean wrote: I've not been getting that issue the last few times I played.

Just blooming annoying when you're trying to play a game with a full squad and you all get split up regardless.

Is there any counter to anti-airs? Seems kinda cheap how someone can sit outside of the map boundaries and take pot shots at anything that moves. Just did a game on Noshair Canals (Or whatever it's name is) where all our choppers were getting shot at as soon as they spawned and all our armoured boat..things got mowed down by rpgs and the enemy vehicles as soon as they exited the carrier.

Bleeeeeeuuuuuurgh.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-05 16:40:36

At 11/5/11 01:23 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 11/5/11 01:21 PM, Dromedary wrote: I learnt how to fly in BF:1942, but the jets are so much faster than second world war planes, so I found it a bit difficult to start off with.
It would be cool if one of the expansions for this game went back to the WW2 era. Or perhaps even a WW1 era for badass sake.

Honestly, I would LOVE a WW2 themed expansion. It would probably be the most immersive WW2 experience ever, if done right. The maps could be Stalingrad, Berlin, Normandy, and Okinawa.
All the old school weapons and the feeling would be awesome. I have so many ideas, I could think of the whole expansion in my head.

I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam

In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-05 18:50:32

Finally got it (on PC, master race HOOAH), add me on battlelog (even if you play on a queer console or something)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/use r/BananaBM/

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-05 19:31:14

At 11/5/11 04:40 PM, chipotleaway wrote:
Honestly, I would LOVE a WW2 themed expansion. It would probably be the most immersive WW2 experience ever, if done right. The maps could be Stalingrad, Berlin, Normandy, and Okinawa.
All the old school weapons and the feeling would be awesome. I have so many ideas, I could think of the whole expansion in my head.

That's what mods are for.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 01:06:26

At 11/5/11 07:31 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 11/5/11 04:40 PM, chipotleaway wrote:

But there will be no mod support because DICE is to stupid to realize that the reason Battlefield 2 and many other games are still alive today, is because of mod support.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 01:21:36

At 11/6/11 01:06 AM, chipotleaway wrote:

But there will be no mod support because DICE is to stupid to realize that the reason Battlefield 2 and many other games are still alive today, is because of mod support.

There will be. Soon.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 01:31:18

At 11/5/11 06:50 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Finally got it (on PC, master race HOOAH), add me on battlelog (even if you play on a queer console or something)

I added you. LocoJoe214

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 13:13:16

anyone knw how to equip grenades like put them on your hand grabbing them?

comment on my page or i´ll stab you in the face.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 13:15:33

At 11/6/11 01:13 PM, hhahahahahha wrote: anyone knw how to equip grenades like put them on your hand grabbing them?

on console

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 13:27:44

At 11/5/11 02:42 PM, warshark wrote: Is there any news on when Dice/EA are going to improve the servers? There doesn't seem much point in playing the game with your friends if you're not going to be on the same team, never mind squad.

Battlefield improvments

Wakka wakka

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 14:48:47

At 11/6/11 01:27 PM, Rucklo wrote:
Battlefield improvments

Anybody want to copy paste them for me? Apparently I don't meet the minimum age requirements for the site, despite putting my year of birth as 1900.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 15:34:36

Fuck retailers/Dice/EA for offering that bloody shotgun as a pre-order bonus.

I'm often getting laid out by swarms of low ranked players who wield that gun.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 16:07:05

Why does nobody seem to know how to spot? It helps the team quite a lot, and gets you points, so I don't see why you wouldn't.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 17:11:54

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 17:33:13

At 11/5/11 06:50 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Finally got it (on PC, master race HOOAH), add me on battlelog (even if you play on a queer console or something)

Added you. And if anyone wants to add me on PC, the name is MercuryDragon.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 23:21:38

This game is officially super duper awesome because Wade posted :)

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-06 23:48:25

At 11/6/11 10:39 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I know. I just want to scream "SPOT YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKERS! SPOT!!!!" but I'm afraid I'd get banned. :)

Spotting is so important. There's nothing I hate more than a enemy tank driving through your area and you are trying to take it out, but you can't see it and all your dumb teammates that are looking at it don't spot it. If everyone on a team spotted everything they could they would win every time.

I spot whenever I can, and I notice that IRNV scopes really help with this if you can see enemies, but they're way too far away or there's too many for you to handle, but some of your teammates might have a better position to take them on. Also, I know that while flying a jet, it's a MAJOR help if people spot enemy jets that are otherwise pretty tough to see for pilots trying to be on the lookout for aerial targets. Engineers and Support kits are also out to look for tanks or jeeps to attack with rockets or C4, so regardless of where they are or how far way they may be, just spot anyway.

Still, even if you think you can take out the enemy anyway, just spot for the heck of it. Get into the habit. Yeah, I agree a 200 point Spot Assist Ribbon for every 4 or so spot assists would definitely be a good motivator, but still, those 10 points for each spot assist add up, and it helps the team.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-07 06:01:31

Finally got Flares and heat seekers for jets, and i must say, dogfights are fucking intense.

Except when i get gang raped by multiple enemy jets and my flares won't recharge fast enough.

Also, KH2002 = <3

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-07 09:03:47

At 11/6/11 10:39 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I know. I just want to scream "SPOT YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKERS! SPOT!!!!" but I'm afraid I'd get banned. :)

It doesn't surprise me that people don't spot when they're dumb enough to think bullet fire effects tanks. I've lost count how many times i've seen some guy fire his LMG at my tank or a sniper firing a round before I blow away their head.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-07 16:39:30

spotting is always worth, but there's a spam-filter that only lets you spot once every second or something similar.. you'll hear when it sets in, a discrete "click", then you have to wait a short while until it's back. so spotting also require not only to mash the q-button, but also that you're doing it at the right place and right time :)

Wakka wakka

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-07 16:41:05

Also join the NG-platoon
DOIN LE RECRUITING STUFF YO!!1

Wakka wakka

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-07 17:32:32

Anyone else think the Co-Op is hard, and it's fun because of that? Me and my father (we play co-op together) are always yelling "revive me" and "watch out over there" and it seems that the AI is super human, always knowing where we are (something I HATED in BC2, is it in the campaign for BF3?) and we're always on edge. I usually either go shotgun or sniper and rush or stay back and he's midrange.
It's pretty fun and aggravating at the same time.
Here's my PSN: McZeroNG

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-08 17:17:06

I think the Coop missions are great too! Love 'em! :)

For those of you who hasn't seen the first Back to Karkand trailer yet... Check it!

Personally I think it's the best BF3-trailer to date. Love the pacing, the music and sound-mix, everything just glue so damn good!

Wakka wakka

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-08 17:24:23

At 11/8/11 05:17 PM, Rucklo wrote: I think the Coop missions are great too! Love 'em! :)

For those of you who hasn't seen the first Back to Karkand trailer yet... Check it!

Personally I think it's the best BF3-trailer to date. Love the pacing, the music and sound-mix, everything just glue so damn good!

You see, thats the kind of game experience I want. I'm not saying that the game is bad, just that it wasn't as action packed as I thought it would be.

BBS Signature