00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Deadmanliving just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

my brilliant apiffiny that i had

962 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-01 02:06:47

i believe the movie about mark zarkurburg should of been about tom, i just had a apiffinee today and i was like tom should have a movie about him, and its up to newgrounds to produce it for toms birthday wich is coming up within a year, the story begins with tom a underdog and a loner desperate and lonely, when all hope is lost he finally begins to relize his destiny and begins to express himself throu a character named pico, you see tom always wanted orange hair so he creates a alter ego pico, pico soon takes him to fame and fortune and is surrounded by people who love him the most, or you could just like make a parody of social network and instead of mark zuckerfag you can have tom, but micheal cera has to make a cammeo, i dunno make it creative

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-01 02:15:00

I can't tell if you're being nonsensical, or just dumb. Or a 2nd grader.

P.s. an epiphany is not just an idea.

Giving out writing reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-01 07:22:48

Or, we could go with a good idea that actually shows Newgrounds for what it really is; the first automated submission website on the Internet, and the single greatest bastion for individual achievement online.
Personally, I don't think it'd go down well as movie, unless there was information Tom left out, or it was sensationalized. Facebook grew up in and around inner turmoil between staff, whereas Newgrounds was the effort of two people who surely had heated argument and disagreements, but nothing on the scale of Facebook.

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-01 16:31:36

it's toms birthday and not yours i can see why you are angry, you need to grow up, it cant be everyones birthday unless they were all born on the same day wich would be weird

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-01 17:47:23

I'm not mad. I'm just saying. A little grammar school never hurt anyone. Neither did comprehensible sentences.

Giving out writing reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-01 19:05:12

At 2/1/11 05:47 PM, DeftAndEvil wrote: I'm not mad. I'm just saying. A little grammar school never hurt anyone. Neither did comprehensible sentences.

I'm 100% with DeftAndEvil here. Funniest part is, my birthday IS the same as Tom's, and I still don't like the idea.

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-01 21:16:27

Grammar school? We don't need no stinking grammar school!

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-01 21:43:43

At 2/1/11 09:16 PM, gmercerd wrote: Grammar school? We don't need no stinking grammar school!

Grammar should be, to a writer, as vital as a space suit to an astronaut. Without the one, the other would surely shrivel up and die as soon as they set to work.

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-01 22:26:26

At 2/1/11 09:43 PM, Deathcon7 wrote:
At 2/1/11 09:16 PM, gmercerd wrote: Grammar school? We don't need no stinking grammar school!
Grammar should be, to a writer, as vital as a space suit to an astronaut. Without the one, the other would surely shrivel up and die as soon as they set to work.

...just to clarify, I was paraphrasing a famous movie

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-02 02:35:27

actually no, if i have a editor i can has the most horrible grammer ever i wanted to have, cuz he would then correct there mistakes

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-02 03:39:04

At 2/2/11 02:35 AM, soulhaxor wrote: actually no, if i have a editor i can has the most horrible grammer ever i wanted to have, cuz he would then correct there mistakes

No worthwhile publishing house will accept a manuscript that is grammatically godawful. Apparently some blockbuster writers do tend to slack off with their grammar, but they're the kinds of people who write such good stories that they'd sell anyway.

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-02 06:51:10

At 2/1/11 07:22 AM, ZeeAk wrote: shows Newgrounds is the first automated submission website on the Internet

This is completely untrue.

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-02 09:30:06

At 2/2/11 06:51 AM, WallofYawn wrote: This is completely untrue.

It's completely true. Find me an example earlier than 2000 of a website that allowed users to submit their own content without needing a systems administrator to manually accept each piece. Keep in mind that Youtube launched in 2005; half a decade later.

Response to my brilliant apiffiny that i had 2011-02-02 15:13:07

At 2/2/11 02:35 AM, soulhaxor wrote:
actually no, if i have a editor i can has the most horrible grammer ever i wanted to have, cuz he would then correct there mistakes

Yeah, but when you misspell "grammar" as "grammer," you're pretty much out of luck. An editor's job isn't to just fix every single misspelled word of yours, anyway, especially for scripts; I mean, look at Wikipedia's page on script editors:

"A script editor is a member of the production team of scripted television programs, usually dramas and comedies. The script editor has many responsibilities including finding new script writers, developing storyline and series ideas with writers, ensuring that scripts are suitable for production. The script editor will work closely with the writer at each draft of their script, giving the writer feedback on the quality of their work, suggesting improvements that can be made whilst also ensuring that practical issues like show continuity and correct running time are adhered to. Unlike the writers, script editors will usually be full-time members of the production team, working closely with the producer."

Besides, if they made a movie about Tom Fulp's founding of Newgrounds, it would first have to be a sort of life story, starting off when he created the Neo-Geo fanzine "Newgrounds." Also, it would be released just too close to the Social Network, as that was just released last year, to much critical and financial success. And if it was to be created anyway, clearly, it would need to be written by someone who has a good knowledge of Tom and his beginnings, along with someone with plenty of writing experience/creativity/ability, as well as a great understanding of grammar and English, like any good writer.

"There are no nudists in cold areas." - Tsugumi Ohba

BBS Signature