00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

7s3s just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,892 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-24 04:26:48

Anyone know a good way to get Conjuration up? I decided to recreate a character of mine and roleplay as him, and to properly do so I need to give him the ability to summon a familiar to aid him. He's not a spellcaster by any means, instead relying on two-handed, heavy armor, and speech to get the job done, all three of which I have no problem leveling up. So far, I'm just casting Raise Zombie on every bandit I kill to get the skill up (along with two-handed should I decide to off them for the hell of it), but I'm sure there's a better way I don't know of. The character's familiar in question is a demonic hunk of armor with a skull for a head that wields an over-sized battleaxe, but I'm fairly sure they don't have that in the Xbox 360 version of Skyrim, so suggestions for a potential alternative are welcome. I'm guessing a dremora or atronach summon will do.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-24 04:53:55

At 3/24/13 04:26 AM, Klobb17 wrote: Anyone know a good way to get Conjuration up?

Find a dead body and just use soul trap on it over and over. It is an easy and rather quick way to get up your conjuration level.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-04-02 17:17:11

Dear whoever hired the awful caterwauling cunt that sung the barmaid songs in Skyrim:

Next time you look for cheap / free singers, look a little harder. I suggest Newgrounds.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-04-02 17:41:31

At 3/24/13 04:53 AM, Mismo wrote: Find a dead body and just use soul trap on it over and over. It is an easy and rather quick way to get up your conjuration level.

So far so good. It's been getting my Conjuration up pretty well, Thanks.

At 4/2/13 05:17 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Dear whoever hired the awful caterwauling cunt that sung the barmaid songs in Skyrim:

Next time you look for cheap / free singers, look a little harder. I suggest Newgrounds.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/466464

Not bad. Ever heard Malukah as well?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-19 13:45:09

Hello? Is this thread abandoned yet?

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!

PSN name: kulit_2

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-19 18:12:19

At 8/19/13 01:45 PM, Cooler1114 wrote: Hello? Is this thread abandoned yet?

It would seem you just bumped it, so I guess not.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-19 21:33:54

Alright, since i did that, I have a question: I own skyrim on PS3, so I was wondering: are the DLCs: Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard, worth downloading?

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 08:38:29

At 8/19/13 09:33 PM, Cooler1114 wrote: Alright, since i did that, I have a question: I own skyrim on PS3, so I was wondering: are the DLCs: Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard, worth downloading?

Dragonborn is easily the best and most worthwhile DLC of them. Dawnguard was good but there was much less to it that Dragonborn. Hearthfire was okay if you just want to have a little more content or something to do, though you're not missing out on a lot by not downloading it.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 12:47:43

So where can I get some Daedric arrows? I've been looking for this answer since the release of this game but I can't see any way to get them without hacking.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 13:40:32

At 8/20/13 12:47 PM, darkjam wrote: So where can I get some Daedric arrows? I've been looking for this answer since the release of this game but I can't see any way to get them without hacking.

Well if you have all DLC's and the daedric smithing perk you could easily just make some yourself. Then you would be needing a ebony ingot, a daedric heart (those can be a bitch to find) and one firewood log.

Also if you know about the "atronach forge" but there might be a way to get daedric arrows that way. I don't know for sure since I have never really used it that much.

Otherwise they'll can show up as loot in chests or high level enemies.

But that aside I would recommend that if you have 100 in smithing with the dragon smithing perk that you just make dragon arrows instead since they only require dragon bones and firewood simply because they're better and because to be honest, you're more likely to come across a dragon than either an enemy that drops a daedric heart or someone that sells it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 14:14:22

At 8/20/13 08:38 AM, Snuff wrote: Dragonborn is easily the best and most worthwhile DLC of them.

I know Hearthfire adds adoption and house-building, and Dawnguard adds werewolf and vampire perks, but what does Dragonborn adds that makes it download-worthy?

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 14:55:31

At 8/20/13 02:27 PM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: Lots of permanent active buff if you mange to get your hands on the black books. It also added a whole new area to explore. The only real downside is that the main quest is pretty short.

Ok, now that the DLCs are taken care of, let's talk about the main game. Do you guys know where to get the spells to conjure storm and ice atronachs? I have fire atronach but no one sells the other ones.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 15:11:04

At 8/20/13 02:55 PM, Cooler1114 wrote:
At 8/20/13 02:27 PM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: Lots of permanent active buff if you mange to get your hands on the black books. It also added a whole new area to explore. The only real downside is that the main quest is pretty short.
Ok, now that the DLCs are taken care of, let's talk about the main game. Do you guys know where to get the spells to conjure storm and ice atronachs? I have fire atronach but no one sells the other ones.

Have you even used the internet before? Here's your answer.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 15:14:09

At 8/20/13 02:55 PM, Cooler1114 wrote:

That's actually a good point I've never come across any other atronach spells other than the fire one. I had a couple mage characters I played for quite a long time without finding any other's. They'd be good though because Fire Atronachs kinda suck and the storm and frost variations are just generally a lot cooler (frost inparticular).

ha ha a joke has been made

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 15:40:57

At 8/20/13 03:11 PM, iMini wrote: Have you even used the internet before? Here's your answer.

I have checked where the spell tomes are but no one in my game seems to sell them,

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 15:52:17

What's your favorite book in the elder scrolls and why.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 17:33:08

At 8/19/13 09:33 PM, Cooler1114 wrote: Alright, since i did that, I have a question: I own skyrim on PS3, so I was wondering: are the DLCs: Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard, worth downloading?

Heartfire not so much perhaps, but Dawnguard and Dragonborn are pretty good expansions.

If you only have money for one, I would recommend Dragonborn but I do have to add that Dragonborn's main quest is a bit disappointing. Dawnguard has a much better main quest line, but less content altogether.

At 8/20/13 12:47 PM, darkjam wrote: So where can I get some Daedric arrows? I've been looking for this answer since the release of this game but I can't see any way to get them without hacking.

In my experience, the only sure shot for finding Daedric Arrows are the Dwarven Centurion enemies. However, they probably won't appear until you're at a high level (like level 40+ or so).

I believe Daedric equipment is generally very rare to come across in Skyrim. I've got a high level character and after 300 hours of playtime I still haven't found anything beside a few weapons and a single helmet.

At 8/20/13 03:40 PM, Cooler1114 wrote:
At 8/20/13 03:11 PM, iMini wrote: Have you even used the internet before? Here's your answer.
I have checked where the spell tomes are but no one in my game seems to sell them,

You need to have a Conjuration skill of about 50 until the guy at the College of Winterhold starts selling the Frost Atronach spell tome. Then you need 75 Conjuration skill for the Storm Atronach and the other Expert ones.

www.uesp.net has information on almost anything when it comes to the Elder Scrolls games by the way.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 17:44:20

At 8/20/13 03:52 PM, kisame wrote: What's your favorite book in the elder scrolls and why.

Book? Do you mean spell tomes?

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 17:50:55

At 8/20/13 05:44 PM, Cooler1114 wrote:
At 8/20/13 03:52 PM, kisame wrote: What's your favorite book in the elder scrolls and why.

No, he'll mean books, like "The Lusty Argonian Mage" volumes 1-4.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 21:00:53

At 8/20/13 05:50 PM, iMini wrote:
At 8/20/13 05:44 PM, Cooler1114 wrote:
No, he'll mean books, like "The Lusty Argonian Mage" volumes 1-4.

I believe you mean "The Lusty Argonian Maid" and there are only 2 volumes.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 21:46:12

I guess the "Oghma Infinium"(If you can call it a book). Why? It gives you a choice to level up 5 class-related skills 5 times. Like warrior would get, for example, one handed, mage would get destruction, and thief would get sneak. Also, it is a daedric artifact, but its one-use.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 03:31:40

"The Real Barenziah" book series was very intriguing and funny at certain points.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 05:31:03

At 8/20/13 09:46 PM, Cooler1114 wrote:
I guess the "Oghma Infinium"(If you can call it a book). Why? It gives you a choice to level up 5 class-related skills 5 times. Like warrior would get, for example, one handed, mage would get destruction, and thief would get sneak. Also, it is a daedric artifact, but its one-use.

But you can't exactly read it, though I will agree it was a pretty cool artifact.

I know there was a time where I started reading all the books I found but I can't say as I remember the names of any that I particularly enjoyed, though I know there were some.

I'm currently playing Oblivion for PC with an overhaul mod and it's like a whole new game.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 13:22:19

Who do you think would win in a battle between Alduin and Ridley?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 14:35:16

At 8/21/13 01:22 PM, Whoshotdabear wrote: Who do you think would win in a battle between Alduin and Ridley?

Ridley, Alduin was too easy to kill in my opinion.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 18:24:31

At 8/21/13 04:38 PM, IdiLogicSavant wrote:
You can still still do the Oghma glitch if you delete your updates and play offline.

I did it on one of my other characters, it's a lot of fun being such a badass.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 18:56:15

At 8/21/13 06:49 PM, ultragame10 wrote: I got the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim, and i am fucking ADDICTED. Everything that makes a good DLC was carved to fit Skyrim and made into one of the best add-ons i've ever played. All the new features and weapons and armour, and getting to ride dragons? Awesome. And the plot for it is just genius. Go get it.

I can't say I thought as highly of it as you, though I definitely enjoyed it much more than Dawnguard and thought it was a pretty interesting story, if a little short.

Nothing is ever going to beat the Shivering Isles though.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 19:16:28

Holy shit this game is nearly 2 years old.

So for someone who hasn't played this game since 2011 and thought it was absolute mindless, soulless grey monotonus sludgey bullshit and the worst Beth game to date (yet still got 1000G), would there be any point at all in getting Dragonborn or any chance it could change my mind? I'm sort of in the mood for this kind of thing but I might just try to play one of Morrowind's expansions instead.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 19:43:46

At 8/21/13 07:16 PM, Jackho wrote: Holy shit this game is nearly 2 years old.

So for someone who hasn't played this game since 2011 and thought it was absolute mindless, soulless grey monotonus sludgey bullshit and the worst Beth game to date (yet still got 1000G), would there be any point at all in getting Dragonborn or any chance it could change my mind? I'm sort of in the mood for this kind of thing but I might just try to play one of Morrowind's expansions instead.

Depends. Personally, I don't think that Dragonborn is that great. The dragon riding is lack luster and as last DLC, it's a bit disappointing and in my opinion by far not on the level that Shivering Isles for Oblivion was. I guess many mods were released while you didn't play this game, though many just revolve around improving the graphics - something that is not really needed.

I agree with your sentiments. The stunning visualy aside, my overall experience in Skyrim was surprisingly unimpressive. The world is huge, the side quests are good but at no point do I feel like I care about it - it doesn't manage to create NPC's that you care for and your decisions have no real impact on the game world, aside from if Stormcloaks or Imperials roam around the cities.

And don't get me started on the horrible Dark Brotherhood questline. Uff.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 19:52:28

At 8/21/13 06:56 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 8/21/13 06:49 PM, ultragame10 wrote: I got the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim, and i am fucking ADDICTED. Everything that makes a good DLC was carved to fit Skyrim and made into one of the best add-ons i've ever played. All the new features and weapons and armour, and getting to ride dragons? Awesome. And the plot for it is just genius. Go get it.
I can't say I thought as highly of it as you, though I definitely enjoyed it much more than Dawnguard and thought it was a pretty interesting story, if a little short.

Coincidentally, I finished Dragonborn two days ago and I don't think as highly of it either. It has some nice side quests, but I felt that the main quest line was quite disappointing. Too short and the antagonists didn't turn out to be all that interesting in the end.

I'm not so sure whether it's really that much better than Dawnguard. Dawnguard does add some very neat things to Skyrim (crossbows, new dragons, etc.) and it has a more satisfying main quest in my opinion.

Nothing is ever going to beat the Shivering Isles though.

I agree that Shivering Isles for Oblivion was a better expansion than any of Skyrim's DLC.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature