00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirko99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

370,838 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 14:19:55

At 11/10/11 01:55 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 11/10/11 01:40 PM, Wolfos wrote: Look who I've found!
http://wolfos.org/resources/images/Scree nShot0.bmp
Wait a minute, wasn't he in oblivion?

And in Morrowind, I guess he's a TES 'joke' that makes an appearance in every game.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 14:55:26

At 11/10/11 02:45 PM, Tramps wrote: He's a hard-to-find character in Oblivion that is basically a running joke for the things Oblivion didn't put in the game and why. I'm interested to hear what he has to say in Skyrim.

Well, he wasn't really that hard to find, I always saw him in front of Anvil in Oblivion. But I've never seen him in Morrowind, so I guess he's better hidden in that game.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 15:00:18

At 11/10/11 02:45 PM, Tramps wrote: He's a hard-to-find character in Oblivion that is basically a running joke for the things Oblivion didn't put in the game and why. I'm interested to hear what he has to say in Skyrim.

"Dragons never really disappeared, they were just invisible and very quiet".

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 15:16:17

Reviews are in.

I'm linking to gamespot rather than IGN because watching video reviews is far superior to reading reviews.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 15:26:45

Why do so many people have it early? Goddamn it. I just want it to be tomorrow.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 15:33:29

By Azura, by Azura, by Azura, just 24 hours until I begin my adventure in the land of Skyrim! Right after school tomorrow I'm going straight to Gamestop!

Oh hey just thought of something, I wonder if the Adoring Fan will be in Skyrim. I don't think we've talked about that. Seeing how Ma'iq the Liar is, they have to bring him back right? Even if there's no arena, he has to be there somewhere.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 15:52:41

About nine more hours for me! I'm actually leaving the bar to pick up my copy, then headed right back!

Ignore this signature.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 15:57:41

At 11/10/11 03:33 PM, hitman1993 wrote: By Azura, by Azura, by Azura, just 24 hours until I begin my adventure in the land of Skyrim! Right after school tomorrow I'm going straight to Gamestop!

Oh hey just thought of something, I wonder if the Adoring Fan will be in Skyrim. I don't think we've talked about that. Seeing how Ma'iq the Liar is, they have to bring him back right? Even if there's no arena, he has to be there somewhere.

Well the Adoring Fan lived in Cyrodiil, and M'aiq is just a running joke in TES. Though it would be cool to bring him back.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 16:00:51

They better have some kind of Adoring Fan equal.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 16:32:36

x360a gave it a 99/100, which is their highest rating to date.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 16:32:55

Bethesda... You've fucking nailed it.
After being quite worried about the PC interface in the start, skeptic about everything, after pulling out my 360 controller the game just sucked me right in. I never cared for Oblivion's dungeons, but after doing my first big quest I have so many awesome conclusions.

Dungeons are so much better, the engine can do things Oblivion wouldn't dream of doing. The eye for detail is amazing and the animations are great.

I have encountered no bugs that bothered me, and just want to play on and on. I feel like a little kid again, being this excited for a game.
It's everything I dreamed it would be and so much more.

GAME OF THE FUCKING YEAR BABY!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 16:36:25

Knowing how games are made and growing up just took the magic right out of them, but Skyrim returned that. It feels like playing Mario 64 or OoT for the first time: fucking magic.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 16:45:06

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 16:46:03

At 11/10/11 04:32 PM, Wolfos wrote: Bethesda... You've fucking nailed it.
After being quite worried about the PC interface in the start, skeptic about everything, after pulling out my 360 controller the game just sucked me right in. I never cared for Oblivion's dungeons, but after doing my first big quest I have so many awesome conclusions.

Dungeons are so much better, the engine can do things Oblivion wouldn't dream of doing. The eye for detail is amazing and the animations are great.

I have encountered no bugs that bothered me, and just want to play on and on. I feel like a little kid again, being this excited for a game.
It's everything I dreamed it would be and so much more.
javascript:BBSPost.Save();
GAME OF THE FUCKING YEAR BABY!

Are you playing it on the PC? If so, how hard is it on your system? I'm afraid that I might not be able to run it, but then again, Bethesda seems to do a good job at making bigass games that somehow manage to hardly lag.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 16:50:41

What the...? Wolfos, you're playing it now! How!?

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 16:55:33

At 11/10/11 04:50 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: What the...? Wolfos, you're playing it now! How!?

Well, I wouldn't receive the game until monday, so I Torrented it. It's legal to do so because I paid for the game.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 16:55:49

At 11/10/11 04:50 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: What the...? Wolfos, you're playing it now! How!?

You can play it right now, and people have been for 6 hours.

You just need to use an Australian VPN lol.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 16:58:18

At 11/10/11 04:55 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
You can play it right now, and people have been for 6 hours.

You just need to use an Australian VPN lol.

Yeah, that's the best way. I did the same with BF3 to play it DAYS before European release.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 17:16:23

Even though i've only played for around an hour or so I really enjoyed every moment of it. Only minor complaint I have is that the voices seem a little too quiet compared to the other audio.

Although I think that's more to do with my crap hearing and being slightly tired.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 17:17:32

At 11/10/11 05:16 PM, warshark wrote: Even though i've only played for around an hour or so I really enjoyed every moment of it. Only minor complaint I have is that the voices seem a little too quiet compared to the other audio.

Although I think that's more to do with my crap hearing and being slightly tired.

It depends, it's got this 3D audio, so just stand closer to the people or adjust the volume for voices.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 17:33:45

Six hours, and twenty seven minutes left.

FUCK YEA!!

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 17:46:39

For those of you who are already playing, are the character voices much better than what they were? Is everything sounding better than the trash they used to sound like?

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 17:47:03

Just did the intro dungeon and got to the first town. Pretty fun stuff, I was expecting worse. It's a tad on the easy side, magic is overpowered (I chose a Dark Elf, but my spells are still too powerful for Level 1), but fuck it, I'd be lying if I wasn't having fun. So far, it's no Morrowind, but miles above Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Shoddy PC port, though. The UI is so horrid, even though the favourite menu is very convenient. It seems to be random about when the mouse works and when it doesn't, and buttons are uncomfortably spread across the whole keyboard. Luckily, it is one of the things that modders can fix.

Also, the game really really needs Field of View options. It's straining my eyes with such a tiny FoV. Does anyone know it this can be changed in the .ini files or something?

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 17:53:27

Sorry for double post, but I didn't see this.

At 11/10/11 05:46 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: For those of you who are already playing, are the character voices much better than what they were? Is everything sounding better than the trash they used to sound like?

Calling the VA good would be a stretch, but it's certainly better than Oblivion. There seems to be a wider variety of voice-actors.

I gotta warn you though, the Nords speak with a stereotypical Scandinavian accent, ya? Your milage may wary as to whether this is exotic or annoying as fuck.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 18:33:17

According to one of the main Bethesda people, as opposed to the around 8 (yeah he said that) or so voice actors that they had in Oblivion, they now have 70+ in Skyrim.

From reading Wolfos' comments I'm really hyped now, I so hope I wake up to it today, it would just make this weekend amazing.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 18:48:07

At 11/10/11 06:33 PM, Snuff wrote: According to one of the main Bethesda people, as opposed to the around 8 (yeah he said that) or so voice actors that they had in Oblivion, they now have 70+ in Skyrim.

That's quite the difference. The closer it gets, the slower time goes, and the more anxious I get for getting the game. SO CLOSE TO GAME TIME.

I finally broke and watched a video about the game. I've been trying my best to watch as little as possible about the game, finally watched a video review. BLOWN AWAY.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 19:10:17

Aww christ, I still have to sleep and pray that it arrives tomorrow. WHY DIDN'T IT COME TODAY

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 19:11:18

At 11/10/11 07:10 PM, Snuff wrote: Aww christ, I still have to sleep and pray that it arrives tomorrow. WHY DIDN'T IT COME TODAY

See, I could have tried getting it early by ordering it online, but I wanted to make sure I'd get it on day one so I decided to preorder it in-store.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 19:24:50

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-10 19:38:53

At 11/10/11 07:11 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/10/11 07:10 PM, Snuff wrote: Aww christ, I still have to sleep and pray that it arrives tomorrow. WHY DIDN'T IT COME TODAY
See, I could have tried getting it early by ordering it online, but I wanted to make sure I'd get it on day one so I decided to preorder it in-store.

I got it a day early and have been playing for about 10 hours now.
Feelsgoodman

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature