00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Greaze01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

370,324 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-28 20:16:55

Finally got the game, and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Unfortunately I've found my first major bug, it's in the quest Forsworn Conspiracy, I did all that stuff like killing Nepos and stuff, and when I got to the shrine to meet with Eltrys, he's dead in the center of the shrine and there are three guards there.

Now from what i've gathered, one of them is suposed to blame from Eltrys' death and take me to the cave-jail thingy, but instead he acts all Uncle Sam on me and tells me how awesome the Legion is and if I want to join them.

I've tried waiting one day, 8 hours, 1 hour, hitting that motherfucker in the head with an arrow and pay the bounty, shooting arrows randomly to the air (why not?), shiv them suckas, and nothing seems to work.

Reloading my old save is not really an option, so do you guys have any suggestions or should I just wait for Bethesda or whatever to move their asses and patch that shit?

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.

My "art" :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-28 20:19:52

I hope we get another Horse Armor DLC, the last one was awesome.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-28 20:34:30

At 12/28/11 08:16 PM, 56325 wrote: Reloading my old save is not really an option, so do you guys have any suggestions or should I just wait for Bethesda or whatever to move their asses and patch that shit?

Oddly enough, I just ran into the same problem today. I think you're out of luck if you are on a console. The only way I could get it to fix was to reload a save right before I started the quest. Thank god I started saving regularly..

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-28 20:37:21

At 12/28/11 08:19 PM, Snuff wrote: I hope we get another Horse Armor DLC, the last one was awesome.

Shadowmere is going to look fucking fabulous.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-28 20:42:22

At 12/28/11 08:34 PM, SineRider wrote:
Oddly enough, I just ran into the same problem today. I think you're out of luck if you are on a console. The only way I could get it to fix was to reload a save right before I started the quest. Thank god I started saving regularly..

Aww damn it, well i guess i'll have to reload my old save from 4 hours ago, lots of progress has been made but I'll do it again..

But it does seem to be a very common glitch.

On an unrelated note, silver-bloods are dicks.

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.

My "art" :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-28 20:52:56

At 12/28/11 08:42 PM, 56325 wrote: Aww damn it, well i guess i'll have to reload my old save from 4 hours ago, lots of progress has been made but I'll do it again..

Four hours? That's it? Give yourself a day off from Skyrim and when you come back you'll do all that in half the time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-29 11:07:27

Yep, I save constantly just like I did in Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas. Some people mock me for that, but it's a good precaution.

And if there's a horse armor DLC, I'm not getting it. I never bothered with the one for Olbivion because it looked like a waste of points.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-29 11:11:51

At 12/29/11 11:08 AM, ScaryPicnic wrote:
At 12/29/11 11:07 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: And if there's a horse armor DLC, I'm not getting it. I never bothered with the one for Olbivion because it looked like a waste of points.
I don't even think there is a point to horses in Skyrim lol

They were pointless in Oblivion, but aren't they better at climbing mountains in Skyrim? I've yet to ride a horse in this game, so I wouldn't know myself.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-29 12:29:41

I think once I reach level 70 I willbe satisfied with my Ninja battlemage character's abilities. Thank god they got rid of that core skill nonsense.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-29 16:42:55

Ugh, this is a pain. I want to run skse (skyrim script extender) so i can get full skyui functionality (although i dont know why it doesn't enable on trading like qdinterface does :|) and the TESV acceleration layer, but i dont want to miss out on my beautiful steam achievements :x

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-29 22:14:43

I just got this game and im level 11, but the best armour i have is iron. Does anyone know where i can get some better armour? My guy is a nord and i use heavy armour.

asdf

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-29 22:23:54

At 12/29/11 10:14 PM, killercomb wrote: I just got this game and im level 11, but the best armour i have is iron. Does anyone know where i can get some better armour? My guy is a nord and i use heavy armour.

Stealing, looting bodies, looting dungeons, buying it, or smithing it yourself?

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-29 22:55:36

At 12/29/11 10:14 PM, killercomb wrote: I just got this game and im level 11, but the best armour i have is iron. Does anyone know where i can get some better armour? My guy is a nord and i use heavy armour.

By the time you're level 11 you should have looted a full set of steel armor. Maybe even some Dwarven or Orcish if you're on a high difficulty.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-29 23:29:53

At 12/29/11 11:26 PM, Yrtnej wrote: Anyone else feel like this?

No, imma try that greybeards thing for my hunter character.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-29 23:38:30

A lot of the NPCs ask me if I'm sick. Is it because of my character's skin color/race or can you really get sick in this game?

He's an orc, if that matters at all.

Fuck you give me money!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-29 23:55:30

At 12/29/11 11:38 PM, Chdonga wrote: A lot of the NPCs ask me if I'm sick. Is it because of my character's skin color/race or can you really get sick in this game?
He's an orc, if that matters at all.

Check your active effects and it'll tell you what diseases you have. Beware of brain rot, you can get it from rusty bear traps and those things are everywhere.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 00:48:03

At 12/29/11 11:26 PM, Yrtnej wrote: I felt like it was just paid cheating. All the skills without the work. It's just not nearly as satisfying as getting your own skills and working for it. Anyone else feel like this?

There's a limit to how much you can train each level. It would only be cheating if you somehow got around that. So go forth with a clean conscience!

Speaking of which, what's up with some trainers just plain not having the dialogue option to train?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 01:20:04

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 01:31:08

If you really want to roleplay and want realism and a good challenge, turn your HUD opacity all the way down so it's completely gone. Shit is crazy, can't see your health, stamina, magicka, or compass. Realistic, but difficult.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 01:41:22

At 12/28/11 03:39 PM, Cootie wrote: Perhaps something shocking will happen like the return of the Dwarves.

I find myself agreeing with the general consensus that this wouldn't be a good idea. Considering the Dwemer pretty much vanished all the way back in the first era. The only time in the series where it seems logical that any kind of resurgence could happen, I'd say, would be following the destruction of the Heart of Lorkhan all the way back in Morrowind. The logic for that is because the heart was likely used by the Chimer in order to destroy the Dwemer, perhaps their disappearance could simply be that they've been stored within, but that's a long-stretch and the closest thing to a sensical explanation, over 200 years prior to the events of Skyrim.

If they were introduced back into the world and Bethesda found a way to make it fit, I personally would be very much against it purely because I dislike changes to the lore. When I read in the first novel that Vvardenfell was destroyed I was pretty narked, considering that's my favourite region of Nirn and the fact that it can never be revisited while retaining sense and being populated unless you skip another few hundred years, and maybe even thousands for it to return to being a thriving part of the Empire (or, if it's re-populated and doesn't fall prey to the Argonians on the mainland) under home rule, as it does in the late third era.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 07:29:59

At 12/30/11 12:48 AM, animehater wrote:
Speaking of which, what's up with some trainers just plain not having the dialogue option to train?

I believe it has to do with your skills. For example, if you've always went to Eurlond Gray-Mane for smith training, but you have an incredibly high smithing level, Eurlond is going to go, "Oh Gods no, this guy knows more than I do!" And thus, the student becomes the master.

But if you don't mean this, then I have nothing interesting or intelligent to write down in response.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 07:34:24

Finally got the game the other day with some Christmas money and having some fun with it. I picked my race as a high elf since I wanted to make motherfucking miracles (spells). Any advice while playing?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 09:11:04

At 12/30/11 07:34 AM, Klik wrote: Finally got the game the other day with some Christmas money and having some fun with it. I picked my race as a high elf since I wanted to make motherfucking miracles (spells). Any advice while playing?

That the race I'm using cant make my mind up what race to use LOl. I take it you are under the mages sign right? Try mixing spells with melee weapons, are you using just magic for combat? and what spells EG destruction illusion?

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 10:24:21

It seems that Alchemy is taking forever to level up no matter what I do, does anyone have any tips of levelling up the Alchemy skill faster?

I'm almost level 100 in everything except damn Alchemy...

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 12:30:07

This game is so amazing, so far in the past three days I've easily logged 26 hours of gameplay, day and night. I'm using a mod so I'm like an NPC that has to eat and sleep, really fun. I beat the main questline (it's like I'd say, 6-12 hours long if you try hard and just focus on it? Correct me if I'm wrong.) plus the Stormcloak civil war side, and I'm loving it. I haven't bothered hunting until today, I managed to take down a bear with a poisoned arrow to the face. Also a cavebear too, not those wussy bears. And a few foxes and rabbits fell prey to my shots. I have a house in Windhelm now too, I figured out the little quest there (spoiler alert - its a serial killer quest, blood and ice lol).

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 12:53:48

So it seems Riverwood is a hotspot for dragons, because I've got three of their skeletons laying across town.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 13:08:00

At 12/30/11 10:24 AM, keyransolo wrote: It seems that Alchemy is taking forever to level up no matter what I do, does anyone have any tips of levelling up the Alchemy skill faster?

I'm almost level 100 in everything except damn Alchemy...

Alche-mix some Wheat with Giant's Toe (fairly easy to get) and it'll give you a potion (can't remember the name) that gives out tons of exp. Remember the higher the price of the potion is worth the higher the exp you get. So it's also good to wear accessories that boosts up your Alchemy.

Or if you've got shit loads of cash and don't want to waste time then just buy your levels from Arcadia (Whiterun) or Babette (Dark Brotherhood hideout).

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 15:49:38

try casting re-animate corpse on a dragon's skeleton if you want them out of the way

yeah im bored of this game now

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 16:46:58

At 12/30/11 03:49 PM, Dromedary wrote:
yeah im bored of this game now

Same here. Now waiting on mods.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-30 18:44:32

I've undertaken a gargantuan project.

I am going to create a collection of every book in the elder scrolls series, in .pdf and .epub format.

Sounds easy, but sorting out the formatting, and putting everything in order, then hyperlinking to each individual document is a bitch.

Why did I decide to do this, when we already have the Imperial Library?

Because I have scoured the web, and while a Skyrim collection exists for Kindle, the other games' books have not had the same treatment.

Plus, it would be pretty fuckin sweet to have the entire collection of the games' lore at your fingertips, on your iDevice, Kindle.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature