00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SumMadLad just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is family guy dead?

2,856 Views | 48 Replies

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 21:39:37

At 1/19/11 09:30 PM, BiscuitsByTheDozen wrote:
At 1/19/11 09:21 PM, Danavers wrote: I could probably watch every episode from seasons one and two and not laugh once. Seriously, Family Guy was terrible when it first came out. I think it reached its peak around season five or six, this new season sucks cock.
This pretty much sums up all my thoughts on family guy,

I did watch every episode in one and two, and think I let out a chuckle once.
My day dreams are more entertaining.

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 21:42:57

well, ive managed to get this 15 some post, i feel acompalishe for the day.i still, watch it on box set, you cant hate it if you havent seen all of it.

No lives matter

BBS Signature

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 21:44:11

no it's still funny and i still look forward to it but it is trying to be more serious recently. Take the episode where Bryan and stewie were trapped in...i think a bank or something together, that was pretty serious, same with the episode where he tries to donate his kidneys to Peter even though the procedure could kill him.
Yep, the show is getting more serious......

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 22:17:05

Family Guy is aging so bad, it's starting to make the newest episodes of The Simpsons appealing in comparison. >:(

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 22:29:31

At 1/19/11 09:36 PM, LittleWashu wrote: Sadly no. Whenever I see the number on Adult swim that shit always has the highest numbers. Plus they are still making hew eposides of that shit on fox. Every time I hear someone ask me to turn to that shit on my TV the pic below says it all

"Hey, turn Family Guy on."

"IT'S OVER NINE-THOUSAAAAAND!"

"Dude, wtf....."

Like that?

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 22:33:00

Peter on Red Bull milking the cow till' it caught on fire was the first time in months I really laughed at a Family guy moment.

Maybe it was Stewie becoming homosexual

Mortal kombat sprites are Aweshum

BBS Signature

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 22:52:29

At 1/19/11 10:29 PM, SoggyBread wrote:
At 1/19/11 09:36 PM, LittleWashu wrote: Sadly no. Whenever I see the number on Adult swim that shit always has the highest numbers. Plus they are still making hew eposides of that shit on fox. Every time I hear someone ask me to turn to that shit on my TV the pic below says it all
"Hey, turn Family Guy on."

"IT'S OVER NINE-THOUSAAAAAND!"

"Dude, wtf....."

Like that?

Not that. It means that I am pissed off that this show is still on the air when it should have blammed like a crappy stick movie sent into the NG portal.

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 22:59:21

It's really overplayed and they can't even think of a interesting plot anymore. I used to really like Family Guy not anymore.

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 23:00:55

I loved it when it came out before it got cancelled. No one really heard of it and the comedy was new too people. When they finally decided too re-air it thats when it went too shit because everyone and i mean everyone was quoting it. I fucking hated it. As i got older my humor changed jurastically and it blows my mind that child is still very popular. I cant comprehend how family guy stays on while this doesnt even air anymore

Is family guy dead?

BBS Signature

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 23:02:12

Honestly I haven't watched Family Guy on television since I was in 4th grade.

Well no I've probably seen it a couple times since then

But my point still remains strong, SEASON 8 WAS FUCKIN EPIC

KickassTorrents: the television of the future.

BBS Signature

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 23:02:50

The jokes just aren't as funny as they used to be...

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 23:05:07

At 1/19/11 09:42 PM, paradigmvulpes wrote: well, ive managed to get this 15 some post, i feel acompalishe for the day.

At first I was like :l

i still, watch it on box set, you cant hate it if you havent seen all of it.

Then I read this and realised it wasn't only the first part of your post which didn't make sense.

Is family guy dead?

BBS Signature

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 23:11:04

Every show with that big of a fanbase at any point in time will take quite a long to die off.

BBS Signature

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-19 23:15:37

Family Guy isn't dead, what I've found is that the quality of the show fluctuates greatly, while I don't know why, I do believe it's true. Some of the new episodes are just as funny as the older ones and some of the older ones are just as shitty as the newer ones...it really all depends, I guess you could say it goes in waves. But either way, no, I do not believe Family Guy is dead.

Current PC: Ryzen 5 3600x, Corsair H100i, 16GB RAM, RX 580 Nitro +

BBS Signature

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-20 00:04:28

At 1/19/11 11:05 PM, The777Demon wrote:
At 1/19/11 11:02 PM, Strategize wrote: Honestly I haven't watched Family Guy on television since I was in 4th grade.

Well no I've probably seen it a couple times since then

But my point still remains strong, SEASON 8 WAS FUCKIN EPIC

KickassTorrents: the television of the future.
O good because i was worried that I was alone there. I enjoyed every episode i saw from season 8, especially the one where they get locked in a vault.

Definitely the best one in the season. Even though I enjoyed episode 420 for obvious reasons I remember it to be kind of boring near the end.

Though I did enjoy the song and dance.

BBS Signature

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-20 00:14:32

At 1/19/11 10:55 PM, The777Demon wrote:
At 1/19/11 10:52 PM, LittleWashu wrote:

Not that. It means that I am pissed off that this show is still on the air when it should have blammed like a crappy stick movie sent into the NG portal.
It was blammed or at least canceled but then it came back.

I know because whinny people cried until it was brought back to life. I have seen many better shows cancelled and forgotten. However when a Simpsons rip off gets cancelled they bring it back to life. It pisses me off I just want to rip the people who made that decision apart!

Is family guy dead?

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-20 00:14:42

At 11/8/10 01:02 AM, Genocide wrote: Family guy is still a thing, begrudgingly to most. I remember when the first few seasons ran that people loved to talk about the show in public, and even imitate the characters (quagmire, etc). However, as the years swept by people seemed to have lost interest as a whole. I literally hear nobody talk about it anymore, and when i do, it's all bad stuff.

Did family guy finally get to the point where people don't care about it anymore, and it can FINALLY die without people complaining to fox to bring it back?

Because you went from 3rd grade to 8th grade over that time. People slowly realized the show was pointless and terrible.

And everybody started watching American dad.

And Futurama was a lot better.

A lot of people have pictures for their signatures. But that's stupid. I'm not going to do that. That is so 2008. Not even kidding. Jeez, you guys are stoopid.

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-20 00:20:33

Everything you like and love will turn on you. You'll grow to hate it.

Everything.
Everything.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Is family guy dead? 2011-01-20 00:21:50

Sure it's not as funny as it used to be but then so is Simpsons and yet that is still watched by millions and on the air.

I still enjoy Family Guy, not like the old days but it still gives me laughs and that is what counts.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature