00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SNiter27 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew

711,069 Views | 5,961 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-16 01:27:00

At 7/15/12 01:29 AM, Squidbit wrote:
At 7/15/12 01:02 AM, Protagonist wrote: Watch out guys. Big Bad SeeD will hack you and shut down your net if you dare try to stand against his oppressive ways.

Good Job Mosai. Hes the best field reporter in the world.
not my runescape items!!1!!1!1111

*drops everything and buries it in a hole"

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-16 06:05:35

I don't remember who told me about these, otherwise I'd credit them, but Vech's Super Hostile maps are awesome.

So far we've tried Sea of Flame II, The Kaizo Caverns, and Spellbound Caves.

Kaizo Caverns is my favorite of the 3, and we're close to beating it. Screenshot. Yes, all the items I have are legit as well - we aren't cheating. These maps are great for people who are getting bored with Minecraft and need a new challenge. Also, teamwork really helps a lot in these maps so I wouldn't recommend trying them alone.

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-16 12:16:34

Here's an apartment building that I made on my own survival server. Used all the stone from a 20x20 quarry for this.

Dead.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-17 03:26:46

Anyone who gets on my/Xports'/Spackle's server, watch out for new people acting weird.
Apparently Sturm/Fomortiis is trying to get back on the server. I dunno how he plans on doing that unless he bought another copy of minecraft, since everyone knows not to unban him and shit, but just watch out for it.

If anyone asks you to help them move stuff from 'their' old house to a new one, don't do that shit.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-17 16:31:54

At 7/17/12 03:26 AM, Squidbit wrote: Anyone who gets on my/Xports'/Spackle's server, watch out for new people acting weird.
Apparently Sturm/Fomortiis is trying to get back on the server. I dunno how he plans on doing that unless he bought another copy of minecraft, since everyone knows not to unban him and shit, but just watch out for it.

If anyone asks you to help them move stuff from 'their' old house to a new one, don't do that shit.

And DO NOT help destroy or clear out a building or creation if they ask you, even if they claim it's theirs. It's best to just walk away and not get involved. Consider yourselves warned.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-19 14:07:25

I'm sorry, come back!

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-19 14:49:37

At 7/19/12 02:07 PM, Squidbit wrote: I'm sorry, come back!

You were coming on too strong.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-20 05:17:22

I'll always love you...

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-20 18:24:36

Hello fellow NG minecrafters! It's been quite awhile since I last checked in!

I started venturing from my personal server recently and found a 100% anarchy server, if anyone's interested the IP is "2b2t.net" - Without the quotes of course. The map has been growing for about 18 months now and is 260ish GB. There is constantly 30-50 people online at any given time, and it's full PVP.

This server isn't like any of ours, where we play nice, enjoy eachother's builds, and help eachother. It's very, fend for yourself and run like hell. Finding food is difficult, as is wood. My only advice is to spawn, turn to your left, and run for the nether portal... Follow the obsidian road, until you reach a cobble staircase, and exit the nether.

Oh, fair warning... the chat is full of /b/tards. I'll let you figure out how bad for yourselves.

Anyway, what happened on SeeD's server? There was lava everywhere at spawn when I logged in about an hour or two ago.

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-20 18:36:46

I just want to make a quick correction to my post, where I spawned was destroyed and lava'd I don't know where that is but the "spawn island" is fine.

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-20 23:25:04

Not sure if it's me, but is anyone else having problems connecting to Squid's server?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-21 02:20:44

What's an IP for a seed you guys play on?

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-21 03:36:22

At 7/16/12 12:16 PM, Elfer wrote: Here's an apartment building that I made on my own survival server. Used all the stone from a 20x20 quarry for this.

Quite impressive.

But still nothing compared to all the stone and brick it took to construct my replica of Wolfenstein 3D!

I built all of this early this year and am mostly finished three of the ten levels - Haven't worked on it since.

Try and beat that in survival mode!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-21 03:36:36

At 7/21/12 02:20 AM, ToastedCupcake wrote: IP for a seed

What

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-21 04:16:04

At 7/21/12 03:36 AM, Squidbit wrote:
At 7/21/12 02:20 AM, ToastedCupcake wrote: IP for a seed
What

I think he wants to know the address for your server.

Either that or the seed number for your world.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-21 13:58:17

At 7/20/12 06:36 PM, Gamewiz wrote: I am a zombie

YOU LIVE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-21 20:35:32

At 7/17/12 05:40 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: So I began to build a house on Seed's server, I log off to eat lunch, come back, and it has been burned down. That must be record fucking time.

I can roll it back if you show me where it happened at.

At 7/20/12 06:24 PM, Gamewiz wrote: Anyway, what happened on SeeD's server? There was lava everywhere at spawn when I logged in about an hour or two ago.

Kanon was a moderator at the time and went on a griefing spree. Normally I would have attempted some kind of repair but with 1.3 so close to dropping, and the plan for a new map, I've decided it was probably a waste of efforts to bother with it. We'll have a new map on August 1st, fresh and full of emerald ore :P

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-22 10:44:05

At 7/21/12 03:36 AM, Painbringer wrote: But still nothing compared to all the stone and brick it took to construct my replica of Wolfenstein 3D!

Okay, that's pretty awesome.

Dead.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-22 21:41:57

I was cleaning out my old hard drive today and found a ton of old screenshots.

Here's one of the old user award thingys:
(Link to full image in case Newgrounds massacres the quality)

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-23 13:01:50

i love minecraft play it in all my free time im building a jungle base its in a high tree so creepers can suck it

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-23 15:34:53

At 7/22/12 09:41 PM, SeeD419 wrote: I was cleaning out my old hard drive today and found a ton of old screenshots.

Where can I still download the beta?

I just want to experience what it was like before 1.0 release.

And I'm not talking about the "classic" version.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-23 15:44:29

At 7/23/12 03:34 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 7/22/12 09:41 PM, SeeD419 wrote: I was cleaning out my old hard drive today and found a ton of old screenshots.
Where can I still download the beta?

I just want to experience what it was like before 1.0 release.

And I'm not talking about the "classic" version.

Look for a mod called McNostalgia. Has every version going back to alpha; even the pre-releases.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-23 19:31:34

At 7/23/12 03:44 PM, level1isbest wrote: Look for a mod called McNostalgia. Has every version going back to alpha; even the pre-releases.

Are Minecraft mods officially legal yet?

I'm not talking about texture packs.

Also, the wink looks a bit suspicious.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-23 21:23:13

At 7/23/12 07:31 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 7/23/12 03:44 PM, level1isbest wrote: Look for a mod called McNostalgia. Has every version going back to alpha; even the pre-releases.
Are Minecraft mods officially legal yet?

I'm not talking about texture packs.

Also, the wink looks a bit suspicious.

I don't think minecraft mods were ever illegal?
Notch wouldn't have made it so open-source if he didn't want the community to mod it, and if I'm not mistaken, he openly supports a lot of the mods out there.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-24 17:29:40

At 7/23/12 09:23 PM, Squidbit wrote: I don't think minecraft mods were ever illegal?
Notch wouldn't have made it so open-source if he didn't want the community to mod it, and if I'm not mistaken, he openly supports a lot of the mods out there.

The Minecraft Wiki seems to say otherwise.

And in the case of HD texture packs:

"These texture packs require a client mod. Therefore, they are not supported by Mojang, the Minecraft Wiki, the Minecraft IRC Channel or the Minecraft Forums."

So much for Open Source...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-24 17:59:47

At 7/24/12 05:29 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 7/23/12 09:23 PM, Squidbit wrote: I don't think minecraft mods were ever illegal?
The Minecraft Wiki seems to say otherwise.

And in the case of HD texture packs:

"These texture packs require a client mod. Therefore, they are not supported by Mojang, the Minecraft Wiki, the Minecraft IRC Channel or the Minecraft Forums."

So much for Open Source...

Not supported means you can't use them with vanilla minecraft. You need a mod to be able to use hi-res texture packs because vanilla just plain can't handle it.
They don't mean support as in agree, they mean it like compatible.
I mean I could be wrong, but even on the minecraft forums that are linked to in that chunk of text, there is a great big section devoted to mods and texture packs.
Also I mean there's the Texture packs button in the main menu, and they're planning a plugins menu for 1.4.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-24 19:40:06

At 7/24/12 05:59 PM, Squidbit wrote: they're planning a plugins menu for 1.4.

1.4? We're not even at 1.3 yet.

Also, I can't stand playing Minecraft in anything bigger than the default window size because the default sized textures look way too big and in-your-face, and extending the FOV creates too much distortion.

I'd like to try one of the HD photorealistic texture mods someday.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-24 19:59:04

SURVIVAL MODE GAME TOMORROW

Hey guys. I'm planning a hard survival mode game with 6 or more people tomorrow (7/25/12) at 6 PM EST / 11PM UTC.

Here's the catch - you only have 1 LIFE!!!!!!! dun dun dunnnn

Just reply below this post if you want to play.

ALSO - we'll be using skype. please add me - williamdekeizer .

one more thing - if any of you know how to set up a server, PLEASE come join us and help us set up a server. servers are foreign to me. >.<

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-24 23:59:38

At 7/24/12 07:59 PM, Sequenced wrote: SURVIVAL MODE GAME TOMORROW

Hey guys. I'm planning a hard survival mode game with 6 or more people tomorrow (7/25/12) at 6 PM EST / 11PM UTC.

Here's the catch - you only have 1 LIFE!!!!!!! dun dun dunnnn

one more thing - if any of you know how to set up a server, PLEASE come join us and help us set up a server. servers are foreign to me. >.<

Well I would definitely have to recommend a Craftbukkit server so you can use plugins.

I can write you a sinister plugin in about 5 minutes that bans people when they die >:) I'm not sure if servers support hardcore mode, but I can certainly imitate it with a plugin.

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-07-25 14:15:09

I went through the last few pages and didn't see anything mentioning it.

So has anyone heard of or played the Technic Pack?

If you don't know what it is, it's an awesome mod pack for Minecraft that adds a ridiculous amount of awesome shit to Minecraft making it more addicting.

I couldn't really find any pictures to give it justice but here's a glimpse of the use of the Industrial Craft, Buildcraft, and Mo' Creatures mod.

The Quarry

I was curious if anyone else played, I can't seem to find anyone to play Tekkit survival with me.

BBS Signature