00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SumMadLad just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew

708,936 Views | 5,961 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-13 23:09:46

Stopping the server
a tale by SeeD419

There once was a man who ran a server. One day, he wanted the server to stop. He said, "Stop, server," and the server replied:
"21:46:19 [INFO] Read timed out
21:46:19 [INFO] Stopping the server..dyif
21:46:45 [INFO] CONSOLE: Stopping the server..
21:46:45 [INFO] Stopping the server..ohn
21:46:45 [INFO] Stopping the server..ohn
21:46:49 [INFO] Stopping the server..ohn
21:47:03 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
21:47:03 [INFO] CONSOLE: Stopping the server..
21:47:31 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0 (Native Method)
21:47:31 [INFO] Stopping the server..
21:48:42 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(
SocketOutputStream.java:92)
21:48:47 [INFO] CONSOLE: Stopping the server..
21:48:47 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Socket OutputStream.java:115)
21:48:47 [INFO] Stopping the server..
21:48:55 [SEVERE] at java.io.DataOutputStream.write(DataOutpu tStream.java:71)
21:49:09 [INFO] CONSOLE: Stopping the server..
21:51:26 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet.a(Packet.jav a:120)
21:51:46 [INFO] Stopping the server.."

The man wasn't quite sure what the server meant by all this nonsense, and stared blankly at the server hoping for some kind of clarification. The two stared blankly at each other for 12 minutes. Not a single peep out of either of them. After much contemplation, the server replied,
"22:01:43 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "AWT-Shutdown
22:03:24 [SEVERE] " Exception in thread "Timer-0""

Needless to say, the man was irritated at this point. All the man had was a simple request, and that was just to stop for a moment. The server contemplated its next move for a couple minutes, and then stated, "22:05:29 [INFO] Stopping server"

The man could see that the server was just being sarcastic at this point. He put his face in his palms and thought to himself, why can't this machine just operate like a normal machine?

11 more minutes after the server's last sarcastic comment, the man finally gave in. "Fuck it," he exclaimed out loud, "you win."...and with that the man walked out of the room.

To be continued...

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 00:39:04

At 5/13/11 11:09 PM, SeeD419 wrote: Stopping the server
a tale by SeeD419

10/10 would read again

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 01:02:16

At 5/14/11 12:39 AM, level1isbest wrote: 10/10 would read again

Thank you, level.

Where are you?? Are you ace of spadesing without me? ;_;

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 06:32:21

im sorry i got a little pissed and raged yesterday. im just realy angry i would get blamed for griefing. i mean, i would not want to ruin it for my self, because all my friends play on there. tetros, cowdude, and most of the guys at donut's server. i just need to talk to some one about how this happened in the first place. and i was on a break, especialy since my internet was down and i couldnt get on anyway. so, i dont now who did what or how i just log into seed's server and instntly get baned for some bullshit i had no idea about. i was playing with tetros in the nether. right before tettros arived, i got dissconected.
and banned. mcbanes. global. bullshit. blg mark that i dont derserve. aaaaand, you can see why i am pissed. now, i am going to have server probs for a loooooong time. and it wasnt my fault. im fucken serius
ugh i just wanted to post about whatever happened anyways without gettung angry. im still getting angry, so i donno. i swear to god that i wasnt on seeds server to griefe anything. i went strait into the nether, pure curiosity. well i need to go. i need to talk with the admin, and maybe seed about the problem.

reminds me of portal. i was messing around in the nether with tetros. got dissconected, and when i connedted a week or so latter, i was talked to. admin: how have you been? is been a loooooooong time. how have you been, after you griefed me? server players: you did what? stroud: uhhhh wtf?
admin drops stroud into pit without the special boots to save his dear life. whatever. im done. lawl im sick of this i dont know how in the world i got involved. im signing off. Stroud94

HAVE A FUCKEN COOKIE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 15:47:34

At 5/14/11 06:32 AM, tstroud22 wrote: and banned. mcbanes. global. bullshit. blg mark that i dont derserve. aaaaand, you can see why i am pissed. now, i am going to have server probs for a loooooong time. and it wasnt my fault. im fucken serius

There were some blocks destroyed at spawn and the logs indicated that it was you. There were also more in the house next to spawn, and you stole the iron block that was in that house too. Usually if I see someone has griefed or stolen something and I don't know them, I just ban them on the spot.

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 16:48:50

when i spawned, i went almost directly to the nether. but, i did do one thing on accident, i was realy lagging in the spawn and couldnt find my way out of the little wood room, so i made a little opening i forgot to fix. sorry bout that, but that was all i did. i went out of the hub, made a little work banch amd chest to build a house but decided not to and went back to the hub and into the nether. i wandered around in the nether, still empty handed. i never took anything and i dont know how i got blamed in the first place. all i did after those five minuts of outside the nether i didnt do realy anything except talk to cowdude and experience bad connection. im serius, that is all i did. if you need fixing up, and there is still no answer to the problem, i would gladdly help replace anything that was destroyed and stolen. i only went on to play with the guys that play on donut's server, because most play on yours than they do on donut's. i will help, if needed.

HAVE A FUCKEN COOKIE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 16:52:13

and if you dont mind i want to see what i got blamed for. i mean, what happened and when, and how? i need info. you know, poeple are innocent untill proven guilty. or atleast confined from the wrest of the world, to keep them from escapeing. but seriusly i want to help. i have no intention of destroying anything, at all.

HAVE A FUCKEN COOKIE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 16:52:59

At 5/14/11 04:48 PM, tstroud22 wrote: hurr durr im a griefer & ninja

fix'd

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 17:15:20

At 5/14/11 04:52 PM, tstroud22 wrote: and if you dont mind i want to see what i got blamed for. i mean, what happened and when, and how? i need info. you know, poeple are innocent untill proven guilty. or atleast confined from the wrest of the world, to keep them from escapeing. but seriusly i want to help. i have no intention of destroying anything, at all.

I forgot about that. Instead of using the door in front of the spawn, you turned and griefed your way out of the spawn house. I'm not sure why that would be easier than to just use the door when you were lagging but okay.

If you really insist it was an accident, and you weren't just being an asshole, I can unban you and remove you from the website log too. I only banned you because it looked like it was deliberate and I figured you'd just do more of the same (see past examples).

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 17:37:13

WTF has happened on the server while I have been off? Did it frickin explode or something?

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 17:41:44

Sorry for the double post, but that new fangeled bannin' contraption is a good deal :)

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 18:49:13

the global ban is a realy great idea, and it will solve lots of problems. but, its not fun at all to go through. anyways, thanks seed for understanding. i mean, i didnt see the door, only because i had 1 or 2 fps before i got my router fixed. but i know about the spawn entry thingy that i forgot to fix, but what else got ruined? when i was there, the house or whatever it was was standing, and i never actualy entered that houes naxt to the hub. i mean, there is like 40 + people on your server daily. is there anything you need me to fix though? i will atempt to fix anything i was blamed for if you need me to. i will also spend as much time replaceing what was stolen if you need aswell. diamonds, steel, iron, anything you need. as long as it takes. i mean, i just solemly meant only to go on here and talk with some guys that used to play on donut's.. etc, you know what i mean. ive said it like 40 times now. need any help? i will be gladly nearby to fix it.

HAVE A FUCKEN COOKIE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 20:47:28

At 5/14/11 05:41 PM, DuncanMchaggis wrote: Sorry for the double post, but that new fangeled bannin' contraption is a good deal :)

It's all public now.

This is the ban list: http://mcbans.com/server/seed419.hopto.o rg
There were about 30 people on the old list (which has already been cleaned out before) but I've decided to start with a clean slate. The only bans on my server are publicly visible on that website.

At 5/14/11 06:49 PM, tstroud22 wrote: the global ban is a realy great idea, and it will solve lots of problems. but, its not fun at all to go through. anyways, thanks seed for understanding.

Well, I do apologize for assuming you were just another random griefer.

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-14 21:20:06

First time I properly played on Donut's server today, and I have to say I'm going to want to be there a lot more often, had a great time building my new home, even if Raichi decided to flood it with pigs and squids (pic attatched). I did manage to die and lose all my stuff a minute ago, and then my spawn point is forever away and I couldn't find my way back so i Ragequit.

But yeah, good times.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-15 12:36:27

At 5/15/11 09:58 AM, Killerhammer wrote: I'll go ahead and join. Minecraft is the most addicting game ever.

you should totally stop by on seed's server every once in a while

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-15 21:42:28

At 5/15/11 09:34 PM, Shade wrote: Hey guys, newbie to minecraft here. Can anyone give me an idea of where I can find some coal underground. I've got some Iron ore and want to upgrade my stuff by making it iron via smelting. Halp.

Also, I can't find any of my screenshots, help.

I don't have a tip for finding coal because it's usually pretty easy and always random.

As for the screenshots,

Run > %appdata% > OK > .minecraft > screenshots.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-16 02:49:11

Deathsmog's house is badass

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-16 04:30:01

Also, got griefed a decent amount today. I forgot to ask, but we need a couple new mods. It's just too much to handle by myself. I ended up banning seven people today - and I'm not kidding - check the list. I tend to have a zero tolerance for griefing though. I don't get, "oh, I accidently broke all the glass on your farm, sorry". Well, I don't want to turn this into a long rant because I'm tired, but yeah entire houses were burned down today and I rolled it all back so most of you hopefully won't even notice.

But yeah, PM me if you're interested and be on tomorrow afternoon. I'm not expecting anybody to have as low of a tolerance as I do, lol. I just don't have the patience to sit down and listen to why someone griefed, hear their excuses, and re explain the rules that they should have read at spawn...

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-16 17:53:49

I took a new member under my wing, and I'm helping him start up. He tried to steal from me, but admitted to it and gave me back my stuff. I'm sure he won't be too much of a problem in the future.

We think that Llama made another account to try to grief us. Needless to say, he's banned. Again.

He Slams His Fists Against The Posts And Still Insists He Sees The Ghosts

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-16 18:39:18

Us mods have a tool that lets us check what other users have done. SeeD (and Level) have used the tool to confirm that they have griefed, as opposed to just banning them without asking questions.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-16 19:30:16

At 5/16/11 07:07 PM, Tetris wrote: Terraria is out by the way, it's $10 on Steam.

I was about to say that!

I'm buying as soon as the money's in the bank!

Gordon Freeman is better than Master Chief. I'm sorry, but he just is.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-17 00:19:10

At 5/16/11 09:20 PM, Shade wrote: I can't connect to Donut's server, can I get another server of NGers?

No clue, mine's up though.

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-17 05:32:41

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-17 21:33:05

So it turns out that TehRealZZ was a griefer all along. I caught him drilling into my house after faking a logout, and I did the first thing that came to mind.

I axed him a question.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-18 07:02:05

CNT's Arena

It's just that fucking awesome.

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-18 23:27:10

I made a graveyard for griefers at the spawn, so that newcomers can look at all of the people they should NOT imitate. Complete with descriptions and a big creeper head looking over it.

Be warned, would-be griefers. This is not a scoreboard: this is a leaderboard, and this one has no winners.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-18 23:30:06

I made it so that you're forced to walk through it :P.

Obligatory Creeper Pic

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-19 04:03:57

At 5/18/11 11:30 PM, Riftcrawler wrote: I made it so that you're forced to walk through it :P.

Obligatory Creeper Pic

That's awesome. Not to mention a good idea.

Think I might get on today, apparently my house on Donut's server was in an area that got heavily griefed, so I'm moving somewhere else.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-19 18:07:56

I'm stuck in a pit on donuts server

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2011-05-19 19:18:47

Hey guys, remember when I said that I would make another texture pack and release it? No? Well then you need to join SeeD's server.

Here is a little preview of the stone and ores. I wanted to try a very dark stone this time around, as it makes caves really scary. Of course, I'll have to darken anything else you may find in a cave, like dirt and sand. No worries, though. They'll still fit the theme.

Yarr, harr, fiddle me dee...

BBS Signature