00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Falkon0re just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A way to edit/delete posts?

582 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

A way to edit/delete posts? 2010-10-03 12:39:30

I tracked down the last evidence of my email address indexed by google in a board post I made here seven years ago. I PM'd Wade about it but I figure he's probably too busy for that kinda stuff. Is there any way remove it?

Response to A way to edit/delete posts? 2010-10-03 13:32:18

There's no editing posts, as it would likely be abused.
Only way to remove a post is to either contact a mod to remove it, or post in the thread you posted in again to request that both the post you made and the last post be removed.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to A way to edit/delete posts? 2010-10-03 13:34:44

There is no way to have an old post removed except through administrator tools. If you have a really good reason you might be able to get one of the administrators to do it for you.

onna site keikan/alt

«¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥»

BBS Signature

Response to A way to edit/delete posts? 2010-10-03 23:21:51

At 10/3/10 01:32 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: There's no editing posts, as it would likely be abused.
Only way to remove a post is to either contact a mod to remove it, or post in the thread you posted in again to request that both the post you made and the last post be removed.

umm abused? do you now that almost every forum has an edit feature for post? In fact, it would make it easier for people if the top meal/B+P/exp lists were edited into the first post every time instead of posting it in the middle randomly.

Response to A way to edit/delete posts? 2010-10-04 03:51:17

At 10/3/10 11:21 PM, gta0004 wrote:
At 10/3/10 01:32 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: There's no editing posts, as it would likely be abused.
umm abused? do you now that almost every forum has an edit feature for post?

Yes, but the NGBBS is not every other forum on the internet. None of these other forums that you refer to would be prone to the abuse that you would see in General. The very idea that someone could be banned for doing something, just as they've gone to edit it out has held back the admins from actioning an edit post function

In fact, it would make it easier for people if the top meal/B+P/exp lists were edited into the first post every time instead of posting it in the middle randomly.

No, it really wouldn't - posting it at the end of a topic is where the users looking for the updates know to go. The updaters don't get special powers and can't intermingle the updates with some posts from a few years back.

Editing the same posts would become soul destroying and would also give some of the more hardcore stat nerds less of a chance to track what's gone on over the years.

At 10/4/10 01:28 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: If there is not a currently a way, how could we get one created?

The NGBBS does not, has never had, nor will ever have an Edit Post button. It does not need one, though some users want one. Perhaps if said users spent a few seconds proof-reading their posts before pressing the "Post it!" button, we'd be able to live in harmony.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature