00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CretaceousCrack just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game sequels you want made

4,759 Views | 78 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-01 18:51:24

FUCKING ELDER SCROLLS 5!
Ugh, I've been waiting for it forever!
Aside from that one, I'd like another GTA (it's probably being made as I type, so no worries about that one), another Age of Mythology, another Soul Calibur, another Rainbow Six, another Viking (sequel to Battle for Asgard)...
Well, I'm sure there are more but this is what I could think about for now...

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-01 19:35:30

At 7/31/10 03:38 PM, ZeldaFreak701 wrote: Wind Waker was a far more superior game. Since you're obviously too shallow to look past the graphics and artwork,

BULL fucking SHIT. I have no complaint with the toony graphics. I am many things, ZeldaFreak701, but a graphics whore is not one of them. It was the gameplay that I didn't like: the overall blandness of the Great Sea, the general boringness of sailing, having to get out the Wind Waker and conduct every time I needed to change direction, and replacing two planned dungeons with a fetch quest. Riding Epona in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess was much better. Hyrule Field and Termina Field were more interesting to look at, you didn't need to get out the Ocarina every ten minutes just to change direction, and there were no mandatory treasure hunt quests, not of the sort there was in The Wind Waker.

you've failed to see that in terms of story, plot, character development, and challenge Wind Waker is miles ahead of Twilight Princess.

Challenge, maybe. But there's not a single moment in The Wind Waker which brought a tear to my eye, something TP did at least three times in my most recent run (Colin pushing Beth out of King Bulblin's path, getting back Ilia's memory, and Zelda's sacrifice to save Midna), with more in my first playthrough. Midna was many orders of magnitude better as a character than the King of Red Lions, Ganondorf seemed more evil and badass (beating up Fused Shadow Midna > surviving Valoo's flame breath), Ganondorf's minions were more competent in TP with Zant actually succeeding in conquering Hyrule while the Helmaroc King or whatever didn't even get the right girl to the Forsaken Fortress, the only definite advantage in character that WW had was that Tetra made a better Princess Zelda. Plot-wise, TP may be a rehash of OoT in many ways, but things like Ilia's memory and Colin becoming more of a man, plus Midna's whole story, rise it countless levels above WW, a game which had Medli and Komali's story and the King's history. TP was better than WW in story and character development by far.

And I thank Nintendo everyday they didn't shove a sequel to the worst installment of the series in our faces. Say what you will, but TP was just plain awful.

I guess this is a major problem among gamers: we all have such different yet equally strong opinions and treat them as absolutes. Even within a single series' fandom, I prefer TP, you like The Wind Waker. And we rip off each other's heads over it. I probably shouldn't have treated my own opinion as the absolute truth, and I apologize.

We need another Super Mario RPG. We need more Geno dammit!

...You remind me how many RPGs from the SNES years I still haven't played. I need to get one and start playing, since I've already established my love for Super Mario RPG's successor Paper Mario, and for JRPGs in general. Speaking of which, Square-Enix has so many Final Fantasy properties, and surely some of them deserve sequels. I can't understand why there's no sequels or spinoffs for FFVI, for example. Maybe a prequel detailing the war that happened 1000 years before. And on the same note, a prequel to Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame (released in America as simply Fire Emblem, and yes I did have to check the real name) detailing its war so many years before the game's events. There's probably countless games that had wars before the events of the game, and at least some of them deserve prequels.

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-01 20:30:36

THIS GAME definitely needs a sequel. not many people have heard of Psi-ops but it was sweet especially with all the powers. game was definitely way to underrated

BBS Signature

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-01 23:09:06

I want a sequel to Pico.

>:C

I put the BS in BBS.

BBS Signature

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-01 23:33:21

At 8/1/10 11:09 PM, funnyhomeboy wrote: I want a sequel to Pico.

Its called Pico Beena

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-01 23:38:27

At 8/1/10 11:33 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote:
At 8/1/10 11:09 PM, funnyhomeboy wrote: I want a sequel to Pico.

Its called Pico Beena

It looks like a Nintendo DS from the 90's.

I put the BS in BBS.

BBS Signature

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-02 00:30:45

At 8/1/10 07:35 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Stuff

Wow I'm sure glad I read through your whole thing before I posted. I was about to retaliate to everything you said, but you rectified all of your harsh statements at the end and I don't get any of that from a TP fan. I just plain didn't like it, and in my opinion I found WW more enjoyable, and for all the reasons you liked TP. I cried, enjoyed the characters and liked the bosses. I found myself a good challenge playing that game.

Anyway if you have a Wii, they have SMRPG on the virtual console along with a lot of really good RPG's for the SNES. Also I REALLY HIGHLY HONESTLY recommend Chrono Trigger. It's on the DS and it's only like $20. Best $20 you'll ever spend. I guarantee it.

PSN ID: Zeldafreak701 | Gamertag: Zeldafreak701 | 3DS friend code: 0301-9780-8157

You shouldn't have done that....

Sig by BlueHippo <3

BBS Signature

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-02 01:14:38

At 8/2/10 12:30 AM, ZeldaFreak701 wrote:

Also I REALLY HIGHLY HONESTLY recommend Chrono Trigger. It's on the DS and it's only like $20. Best $20 you'll ever spend. I guarantee it.

This man...he speaks the truth!!!

Back to point: Pico sekcual NAOW.

I put the BS in BBS.

BBS Signature

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-02 10:07:44

doom 5

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-02 10:23:08

Alright, here I go!

Starsiege : Tribes
There have been about 4 remakes of the original Tribes 1, but none of them really mounted up to original Tribes fans (Yes, the people who played the game when it first came out in 1998). These remakes included : Tribes 2, Tribes : Aerial Assault(PS2), Tribes : Vengeance, and Fallen Empire : Legions.. If I list all the third party remakes who didn't own the rites to the game at the time it would be countless. Garage Games is torturing us with a new patch for T1, (Tribes 1.40) and they are announcing it as
Playtribes, but is Garage Games going to pull through? We can only hope. Personally, what I really want is a release of a new Tribes game that's moddable, flexible, that brings back the community, and is made with passion like T1 was, but since most gaming companies care more about the money rather than the fanbase, it's hard to stumble upon a good remake of a classic game.

BBS Signature

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-02 10:26:15

At 8/2/10 10:07 AM, ilovevideogames wrote: doom 5

Why the fuck would you make a DOOM 5 if there isn't a 4?

Well.

Shit.

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-02 12:10:51

Give us Smash Bros Royale already!

and Castle Crashers 2!

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-02 12:59:18

At 8/1/10 08:30 PM, jonisafreak3 wrote: THIS GAME definitely needs a sequel. not many people have heard of Psi-ops but it was sweet especially with all the powers. game was definitely way to underrated

That looks awesome! Hope it's on the ps2 section in the playstation store...is it for PC too? i could not help noticing it said "press tab" in one part of the game.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-02 16:05:45

HALO WARS 2
they said theres going to be a sequel

"I eat men like you for lunch!"

"Thats why you have a foot in your mouth"

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-03 23:54:25

This
I'd also like to see a new Croc game, but the company went under.... :(

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-04 12:00:37

Aliens Vs Predator 2
Ristar 2
Jade Cocoon 3
Borderlands 2
Megaman X9
Super Mario RPG 2
Timesplitters 4
Clayfighters 4
Killer Instinct 3

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-04 12:05:41

At 7/29/10 04:35 PM, Makeshift wrote: Metro 2034

that game might be coming out :D

Loose Pussy Lips

BBS Signature

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-04 20:55:41

There's loads of sequels I want, but the one I want most is:

God Hand 2

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Game sequels you want made 2010-08-04 23:19:00

At 8/4/10 12:00 PM, omega88x wrote: Aliens Vs Predator 2

That game was so great, i honestly had no idea why everyone says it sucks...Okay, only Xplay did, but playing it hands on, i found the campaign to be about as fun as MW2, Playing as alien and predator sucked though.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature