00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LightyJaeger just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest)

19,730 Views | 259 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-12 22:46:26

At 11/3/10 10:46 PM, Metaljonus wrote: I wanna give this a good ol asian whack!

You are asian?

I'mma make something coo. Wanna rip it a new anus?

BBS Signature

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-13 01:59:47

At 11/12/10 06:07 PM, DXsamurai wrote: yo this shit is so fucking dead, i know burn7 had to have got my solo. omg i can't wait. this was the due date

Yo listen man, don't be angry, he's probably REAL busy and stuff, give him a chance. I've got a track or two which I hope I'll be able to finish today and give you guys.

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-13 02:52:35

man, i would love to mix the solos together. You guys should let me do it if y'all are soo busy. I'll get this competition up and running again.

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-13 17:46:24

No, it's not dead. I am just indeed busy. I'm writing the music for Goremaster (An awesome new NG sponsored flash that you should all watch) as well as trying to balance school and finding a new job.

So unfortunately my real life takes priority sometimes. But I never forget about our Epic battle :)

The only solo I got for these last two rounds was from DXSamurai. I sent the other 3 competitors PMs and told them I extended the due date by 3 days starting today.

I can't get the competition going if I don't get solos. Come on dudes!

At 11/3/10 10:24 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: Hey, You guys feel like wanking on something like this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 73360
Let me know and I'll lengthen it and structure it with more "lead" friendly riffings.

That was awesome, just double that shit up and we've got ourselves a new backing track.

As soon as I get 2 more battles up I'll share some details on how Round 2 is gonna go. And it's gonna be interesting.

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-14 00:55:42

Oooo nice, i can't wait to see this round 2

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-15 23:22:51

Neato. Can't wait for Round 2.

BBS Signature

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-20 04:18:22

Alright real quick before I go to bed...

TPMC, Deftandevil, and Pure-Metal-UTA have all been disqualified.

TPMC and Deftandevil never sent in their solos, and Pure-Metal-UTA's solo couldn't really be used since his equipment failed halfway into the recording. I would have used it, but it was really only like 15 seconds of solo, so he wouldn't have won his battle.

I'll post again tomorrow on rematches, as well as some Round 2 stuff. It's got crazy key signatures, weird key changes and epic solo madness.

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-20 04:27:40

fuuucck, alot of people god disqualified in this round. We need to find more serious people.

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-20 16:31:10

At 11/20/10 04:18 AM, Burn7 wrote: Alright real quick before I go to bed...

TPMC, Deftandevil, and Pure-Metal-UTA have all been disqualified.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh butty twop!

DXsamurai......

BBS Signature

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-20 19:08:54

sorry but when is my battle going up? I put my name down ages ago and you havent given me a battle yet. I checked and I'm definitely on your competitors list. Sorry to sound impatient but I've waited at least 1/2 months and and I seem to have been forgotten about.

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-21 15:13:42

At 11/20/10 07:08 PM, JoHobo2 wrote: sorry but when is my battle going up? I put my name down ages ago and you havent given me a battle yet. I checked and I'm definitely on your competitors list. Sorry to sound impatient but I've waited at least 1/2 months and and I seem to have been forgotten about.

no one has forgotten your battle is coming up. Burn7 made new match ups. Just send in your solo to him.

DXsamurai......

BBS Signature

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-21 15:50:12

Re-matchups!

METAL 4
Risamaru VS DXSamurai!
Download "Metal 4" Here

METAL 5
Joethesouleater VS JoHobo2!
Download "Metal 5" Here!

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-21 17:31:10

At 11/12/10 10:46 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote:
At 11/3/10 10:46 PM, Metaljonus wrote: I wanna give this a good ol asian whack!
You are asian?

I'mma make something coo. Wanna rip it a new anus?

Ya man I'll rip it up and if I can, I wanna make a little backing track for shitz and giggles.

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-22 04:21:58

FINALLY we got this contest flowing a bit.

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-26 10:38:12

Just bumpin'
o.O

BBS Signature

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-26 16:29:47

Wish i saw this sooner :(

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-28 14:20:41

At 11/23/10 03:55 PM, Jeffaro wrote: Hey, I posted in this thread a while back and I'm just here to confirm whether or not I was added to the list.

If you didn't add me, then my genre is Thrash Metal / Progressive Metal

Hey, that'd be my bad. I'll add you in right now.

At 11/26/10 04:29 PM, DocMurdock wrote: Wish i saw this sooner :(

You can still get in on this if you want. I haven't closed signups yet.

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-29 03:00:43

this contest is just gonna go on for 13 years

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-29 15:42:03

Hey, would something like this be ok as a backing track?:

I got a bit carried away...but anyways....

BBS Signature

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-29 18:37:25

At 11/29/10 04:00 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: This contest died when I was kicked out =p

..not really..

Well then, shred over my song for the lol's. No contest, just for metalheads' respect. haha.

BBS Signature

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-29 21:36:58

At 11/29/10 08:22 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: Psssh.. I'm not looking to impress Metal Heads. The majority of Metal Heads are musically illiterate technique fag posers. I don't think I'd impress any metal heads anyway, they seem to be completely deaf to the rhythmic complexity of my playing(which is where most of my technique stems from). If you aren't playing straight rhythm arpeggios or something, they think you are making a mistake.

I like metal, but fuck, I hate metal heads. I don't really care for metal concerts though, too fucking loud. You can't hear what is going on. Call me an old man. Children of Bodom has an alright sound though, as long as you aren't in the pit. If you are, wear some ear plugs! XD

Sure, when I get the chance, I might solo over it for the hell of it though.

The whole point was to wank around for fun or hell of it. But, If you wanna be a grumpy old man, then fine..haha.

I don't even know what you are talking about for the most part. I play by ear. I don't know jack shit about theory, chords, bla bla. I pick up my guitfiddle and play. Influenced by OLD metallica, pantera, slayer...what not.
I do agree with the noise at concerts.. Haven't been to one in a while, where I wasn't working security or something.

I'm 36. That's fucking old. Always a set of earplugs in my pocket. (for various reasons. haha)

BBS Signature

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-29 23:33:29

At 11/29/10 03:00 AM, HighBallers wrote: this contest is just gonna go on for 13 years

I wish there was something I could do about that. But it's dependent on the soloists as well as the backing tracks. I have thought about restarting the competition and using more efficient methods, but I'd rather not just revoke everything that has already been done.

At 11/29/10 03:42 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: Hey, would something like this be ok as a backing track?:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 79683
I got a bit carried away...but anyways....

Lol, a bit? This is pretty awesome, I'd love to have this as a backing track. Could you possibly cut from 2:51 to the end though? Because I'd like the track to be even for both soloists, and 2:51-onward would offset the balance of a battle track.

At 11/29/10 08:22 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: WAH

I have a lot to say about your little rant there, but not a lot of time. If you're still sore about losing then say so. You can either PM me or someone else about it. You don't have to go whining and trolling about "Metalheads being musically illiterate" and whip up a thinly veiled attack obviously directed at both myself and the other metal soloists.

Musical complexity is a matter of perspective and opinion, and publicly attacking a group of people based solely on that opinion is about the dumbest thing you could possibly do.

I'm not going to be nice because I don't care, really. So...

If you're here to encourage, review and/or judge and vote then awesome, I welcome this and know that your insight could prove helpful to some.

If you're here to bitch, no one gives a shit and you should get the fuck out and stop wasting everyone's time.

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-29 23:53:14

At 11/29/10 11:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: You take me too seriously.

Contrary to what you're saying, the tone you give off is very hostile and defensive.

BBS Signature

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-30 00:08:41

At 11/30/10 12:04 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: Try reading it in a different voice.

I tried, and...

In my experience, most metal heads I meet are like that. Very close minded bunch.
I'm not even saying all of them, so unless I'm describing you or something, you shouldn't have a problem.

...I'm not sure what voice I could put that in so it sounds pleasant. It doesn't make sense as sarcasm or satire or any other form of humor.

If nothing you say is meant to be taken seriously, it's not working out too well, I gotta say.

BBS Signature

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-30 00:24:32

At 11/29/10 09:36 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: I don't even know what you are talking about for the most part.

That's because it wasn't meant to be directed at you, Bad-Man.

At 11/30/10 12:04 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: Try reading it in a different voice.

In my experience, most metal heads I meet are like that. Very close minded bunch.

I'm not even saying all of them, so unless I'm describing you or something, you shouldn't have a problem.

For some reason I knew you weren't even going to hone up to your statements, to deny that you ever said anything at all.

Either admit it was an attack or stfu. I don't want to pollute the EBoG with this kind of 4th grade bullshit, so be a man and admit to it so we can all move on.

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-30 00:58:09

While somebody thinks they can talk shit and then run, let's all move on.

While I'm currently still writing the fight music for Goremaster 3, I wrote another backing track. So as soon as we get another 2 soloists then I can drop a new battle.

Also, solos are due in 2 weeks from Risamaru, Joethesouleater and JoHobo2. Get 'em in guys, we can't have a solo competition without solos!

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-11-30 11:36:30

ddaang, alot happen hur.

i have a feeling we're not gonna receive any soloing tracks again.

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-12-03 20:01:57

holy shit ive been out of it a long time, i didnt even know about this stuff. im in if thats cool

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-12-03 23:18:51

At 12/3/10 08:01 PM, lebansker0n wrote: holy shit ive been out of it a long time, i didnt even know about this stuff. im in if thats cool

Hi spanker. You back for realz this time? No lady GAGA or nothin, right? haha.

Also, I want to play that on my radio showz, but you need to say yes. Then you can rip this thread with some solos. haha.

BBS Signature

Response to The Epic Battle Of Guitar (contest) 2010-12-04 20:19:26

At 12/3/10 11:18 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote:
At 12/3/10 08:01 PM, lebansker0n wrote: holy shit ive been out of it a long time, i didnt even know about this stuff. im in if thats cool
Hi spanker. You back for realz this time? No lady GAGA or nothin, right? haha.

Also, I want to play that on my radio showz, but you need to say yes. Then you can rip this thread with some solos. haha.

haha yeah i suppose im back for realz this time. no more lady gaga for the time being. im borrowing a pod x3 live from my friend and i have a beefy computer so i can record some shit now, just waiting on the right moment... or whenever someone makes a backing track for this shit so i can rip ass all over it. and yes you can play it on your radio show, i would be honored tee hee hee hee hee. anyway, someone do something on this shit, im gonna rip rosie o'donald's tits off, stretch them out into guitar strings and shred something tastey