00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

maxbombolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

new ideas for zelda

2,247 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

new ideas for zelda 2010-06-28 17:53:21

one day i was sitting here thinking to my self saying" hey i wonder if nintendo will let us play in the bad guys shoes in zelda for a change of view for once" i think that most people would agree so i put this up for anyone who wants to get your thoughts out for the zelda saga becasue im sending a letter to nintendo after i get some good ideas from everyone out there and im going to send it them and see if i can get my and the peoples ideas in the zelda saga so any good ideas will be used in that letter so come on people give me some ideas!

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-28 17:59:09

Since when does Nintendo ever listen to its fans? If they did, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword wouldn't exist. :/

Not that I hate cel-shading, it's just that many Zelda fanboys/fangirls hate cel-shaded stuff in Zelda.

I don't really have any new ideas for a Zelda game beyond adding more difficulty progress to them.

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-28 18:14:48

An ending where link dies, But in a really epic way.

DOWNCLOWNTOWNFROWN

BBS Signature

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-28 18:19:04

like how does he die give me something that happens

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-28 19:17:11

How about one where you actually play as Zelda?

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-28 19:28:35

At 6/28/10 07:17 PM, Jackho wrote: How about one where you actually play as Zelda?

The CDi games would like to talk to you D:<

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-28 20:14:59

what in the hell is whatever you said games?

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-28 20:44:18

At 6/28/10 07:28 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: PROTIP: When you word your OP in a way like that, expect KeithHybrid to waltz in and boast about how much of a faggot he is.

Now Blaze, don't push that thorn deeper that it is. Although, hehe, it's not like you are telling any lies or something like that.

hehe.

-

A spear, Link should be able to use a spear, maybe even wind based or some shit like that.

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-28 20:52:22

Personally i think the new Zelda needs voice overs for every character, except Link. He doesn't talk much anyway. It felt weird playing twilight princess and still having read all the text with no voices.

I wanna fuck. It's my fucking big dick. Who wants to fuck?

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-28 20:55:52

I actually support the idea of a game starring Zelda.

Just like the other LoZ games, only Zelda is the character you control. Just to mix things up a bit.

I guess you could save Link?

Or maybe some sort of character switching mechanic where you can play as both Link and Zelda. Like in Super Paper Mario.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-28 22:25:02

We need a proper origin story for Ganondorf. We have one for Zelda, in the backstory of Zelda II. We used to have a probable one for Link, though Skyward Sword is expected to be "earlier" than Ocarina of Time in whatever timeline may or may not exist so it's going to retcon that, Skyward Sword is supposedly going to give us an origin for the Master Sword, we have a creation myth for Hyrule, but we still don't know much about Ganondorf beyond him being raised by Twinrova in OoT and coveting the winds of Hyrule in The Wind Waker. Are we really expected to not want to know the origins of one of gaming's most memorable, persistent, and badass villains?

Or we could just have a Fire Emblem-like strategy game where you play as Ganondorf, leading your armies to victory over Hyrule Castle. I'd play it.

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 00:06:22

Here are some ideas
*The main antagonist is an earlier Link, possibly the OoT/MM Link after receiving the Fierce Deity Mask
*A deeper combat system reminiscent of action games, with combos and special attacks using the Sword and various equipment
*Make dungeons much more subtle. Make it hard to tell when you're entering one, when it begins and ends, let civilians wander in, etc.
*Miyamoto seems to love art, so what if every dungeon had unique art styles? Sort of like that upcoming Spiderman game, but not segregated.
*For the newest variation of the Light World/Dark World/Transformation Thing, make two completely separate characters in two parallel realms. This other character could be Zelda, or another Link, or a new character, or whoever.

Of course, Nintendo will ignore these ideas, but that's okay. Skyward Sword will be awesome anyway.

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 09:10:23

At 6/28/10 07:28 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
At 6/28/10 07:17 PM, Jackho wrote: How about one where you actually play as Zelda?
The CDi games would like to talk to you D:<

But they suck D:<

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 09:31:18

I wanna see Link walk around on his hands.

Excuse me sir, why don't you click here?

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 10:26:29

THIS is what I want in a Zelda game!!!

new ideas for zelda

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5814-2714

Believe in yourself. Not in you, who believes in me. Not in me, who believes in you. But believe in you, who believes in yourself!!!

BBS Signature

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 10:38:02

Nintendo needs to drop what they're doing with skyward sword and put all their effort into a zombie zelda game now. me want.

Excuse me sir, why don't you click here?

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 11:17:35

At 6/28/10 10:25 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: We need a proper origin story for Ganondorf.

All of Ocarina of Time kind of was his origin story. It gave us the details on how he got to where he was.

BBS Signature

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 11:41:28

At 6/28/10 05:59 PM, KeroKeroMario wrote: Since when does Nintendo ever listen to its fans? If they did, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword wouldn't exist. :/

Not that I hate cel-shading, it's just that many Zelda fanboys/fangirls hate cel-shaded stuff in Zelda.

Really? All the die-hard fans I've seen always go gaga over Windwaker, Majora's Mask, and Zelda 2. Strangely enough, they're the most obscure titles. But hey, conformists are lame, right? Me, I'm a player of many tastes, and chose Twilight Princess as my favorite. Very fun.

But yes, I would like to see a game where we play as Ganondorf with his black magic and swordplay. As well as an occasional god-mode where he turns into Ganon. You know, for those clean shave moments.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 13:47:57

My personal favorite is Wind Waker, but I haven't played the wii ones yet (Twilight Princess) I think that what Nintendo really needs to do is just put in a comprehensive combo system because the fighting IS relatively simple, and may not hold up to newer, popular adventure games like God of War with just a few sword swings and weapons.

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 14:45:58

I've thought of this before too.

I thought maybe Link's family line is one filled with heroes and warriors too. One of which sends him a message through time via an item called time powder. Zelda is there too when Link gets this message. It tells Link that his ancient ancestor (insert name here) is in danger and a villain is going to use the newly discovered time powder to alter history and fill the world with darkness. Link's ocarina of time isn't able to get him there because the ocarina isn't powerful enough to go that far back in time. Zelda recognized the name from a legend and a cryptic message that goes with it. They now know the answer and it leads them to a quantity of time powder just large enough to get Link to his ancestor. He gets to that age to find out Ganondorf's ancestor is the one wreaking all the havoc. 1/3 of the way through the game, you defeat him and learn that Majora was really the one pulling the strings, but from another time. Link must then find the secret storage of Ganondorf's time powder and also, along the way, find out exactly how much is needed for him to land in the exact time. Once he does, he must traverse a giant base fortified my Majora and devised with many traps. Once he's defeated, his body floats, his body vanished, and the remaining front of the face floats off quickly as he cackles "You will see me again". And thus Majora's mask is given back story and Link returns to his own time to defeat the final boss for one last time (like in all games) which will consist of today's ganondorf with majora's mask on.

I have not played a great number of the Zelda games, so if this contradicts anything that goes on in the games, I apologize.

Thanks to Charlie for the sig pic.

BBS Signature

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 17:30:04

Give me a zelda game set in the future. Link would wear a green hoodie and drive a motorcycle named "ePwna".

BBS Signature

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 19:03:32

At 6/29/10 11:17 AM, Psychopathic-Mind wrote:
At 6/28/10 10:25 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: We need a proper origin story for Ganondorf.
All of Ocarina of Time kind of was his origin story. It gave us the details on how he got to where he was.

Not really.
They didn't really expand upon ''he is evil, kill him''

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 19:18:13

Part of me would like Ganon, Link and Zelda as bearers of the triforce working together to defeat a greater evil.
Part of me would think that enemies working together is a far too cliched plot.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 20:39:28

At 6/29/10 08:22 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/29/10 07:03 PM, Jackho wrote: Not really.
They didn't really expand upon ''he is evil, kill him''
What? He's just not allowed to be born with an evil heart?

He was really doing it for the Gerudo tribe, as he declared in WW, he had a shitty childhood burning to death in the desert, he wanted the Triforce to help his land.

In TP though, he only does it for the evulz, and has become something more than a man, yet not quite a god.

Both times look like he died for real, and he ain't coming back.

I am sick of fighting Ganon at the end always, there's an entire trope named after that. (if you want to sleep today, you will not click that link, it is TvTropes)

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-29 23:20:30

At 6/28/10 08:55 PM, Aigis wrote: I actually support the idea of a game starring Zelda.

Just like the other LoZ games, only Zelda is the character you control. Just to mix things up a bit.

I guess you could save Link?

Or maybe some sort of character switching mechanic where you can play as both Link and Zelda. Like in Super Paper Mario.

Both of these have already been done:

There where 2 CDi games where you played as Zelda, and there's DS game where you switch between the Z&L.

DOWNCLOWNTOWNFROWN

BBS Signature

Response to new ideas for zelda 2010-06-30 00:28:29

At 6/28/10 05:59 PM, KeroKeroMario wrote: Not that I hate cel-shading, it's just that many Zelda fanboys/fangirls hate cel-shaded stuff in Zelda.

Then they actually played them and forget it was cel-shaded.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature