00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MssLibitina just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3 Games to get

2,831 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

PS3 Games to get 2010-06-27 15:57:59

Where to start... Well, I apologize for any language issues, as English is not my first language.
I have a PS3, clearly. I don't care about release dates or whatever.
I like all games. Ratchet and clank and Legend of Zelda are probably my two favorite franchises, and I pretty much can enjoy a game of any type. I am very tired of shooters, I never really feel like playing Bioshock 2(I loved the first one) as I just don't want to play another one. I also have Heavy Rain which I think is extremely overrated. I loved GOW3, but that's just a quick fix. I played FF13 and enjoyed it immensely, but it has no replay. I need a new long-term game that I can play over the course of school and etc.
I am very good at video games, I love horror (Silent hill was the shit, but that genre is all but gone now) and I feel like the PS3 has a somewhat limited variety. I don't want to hear about the following games:
Bioshock
Deadspace
Final Fantasy
Ratchet & Clank
Uncharted
Resistance
MW2 (Wasn't good enough to play online)
Heavy Rain
That's all I can think of. I need a good, long, fun game. I just wish that there was something similar or actually the legend of zelda, but that's sadly a nintendo staple only. I would appreciate any help and would love to get a great new PS3 game! I can never find a good game to play and I feel like the selection is more limited then the other two consoles. Thanks for any help!

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-27 16:01:51

At 6/27/10 03:57 PM, Thdrams wrote: I just wish that there was something similar or actually the legend of zelda

Well, ain't this your lucky day! I recommend 3D Dot Game Heroes, a PS3 title similar to the classic Zelda games.

Official Site: http://www.3ddotgameheroes.com/
IGN Stuff: http://ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14350003.
html

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-27 16:33:24

At 6/27/10 04:18 PM, Crink wrote: if you want a good movie to watch on the ps3 get metal gear solid 4

Hurr hurr hurr.

Also, if your looking for a long and extremely fun game I definitly recommend The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3. Both will also be quite cheap, around £10 or less for TES and about £15 for Fallout

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-27 16:42:11

inFamous, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet. All the games I own; all pretty fun.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-27 16:48:41

Fallout 3, Oblivion, Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles are some good RPG's if your looking for a long-lasting game.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-27 18:20:06

Demon's Souls is a fairly long game with a lot of replay value. Get that if you're into RPGs.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-28 00:56:56

Thank you for all the help! I sadly seems like epics are "out of fashion" and all of them seem to be relatively older games. Are there any upcoming games I should look out for also? I am obviously going to get Portal 2, but everything else looks relatively "meh".

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-28 01:20:44

At 6/28/10 12:56 AM, Thdrams wrote: Thank you for all the help! I sadly seems like epics are "out of fashion" and all of them seem to be relatively older games. Are there any upcoming games I should look out for also? I am obviously going to get Portal 2, but everything else looks relatively "meh".

a list of PS3 upcoming exclusives. There are also some good mulitplatform games coming out as well.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-28 10:03:10

If you like Zelda, then buy Darksiders.
Closest thing to an M rated Zelda that we are ever gonna get.

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-28 10:39:44

At 6/28/10 10:03 AM, Jackho wrote: If you like Zelda, then buy Darksiders.

If you like the old Zelda games, get 3D Dot Game Heroes.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-28 17:16:15

If you haven't already played the first two God of War games on PS2, get the God of War Collection. I also couldn't help but notice you didn't put Metal Gear Solid 4 on that list of games you don't want to hear about, so I'll also suggest that.

One game that's totally underrated is the new Bionic Commando, at the very least I've seen it around for $10 so you may as well try it. The swinging mechanic is actually great once you get the hang of it.

At 5/11/59 09:17 PM, Wolverine said:

| No no-neck redneck dumps on my wife and gets away with it!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-29 13:38:55

At 6/28/10 05:16 PM, Sun-Wukong wrote: If you haven't already played the first two God of War games on PS2, get the God of War Collection. I also couldn't help but notice you didn't put Metal Gear Solid 4 on that list of games you don't want to hear about, so I'll also suggest that.

One game that's totally underrated is the new Bionic Commando, at the very least I've seen it around for $10 so you may as well try it. The swinging mechanic is actually great once you get the hang of it.

Yeah, I've gotten some reccomendations about Metal Gear Solid 4, but I haven't played a single metal gear game ever, so I think I wouldn't really "get" it. I did play all three God of Wars, and I haven't really heard anything about Bionic Commando, I'll go look it up.

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-29 14:09:52

Some of my favorite PS3 games:

Mirrors Edge
Really fun game. Addictive gameplay and controller. Lots of challenges. When I play this game I never pay attantion to the story. Played story mode like 5 times but I never pay attention to it. I just run for my life.

Brutal Legend
This game is only for those who love to kick ass in a free roam world listening to Heavy Metal and Hard Rock. Great humor, great music, great voice actors (Jack Black, Lemmy Kilmister, Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Halford...) only down side is that lots of the battles in the game work like strategy battles. This is also the online which sucks...

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Call of Duty, but in the Wild West! Good gameplay, good humor, great story, online is very fun and you may have a hard time to put the game down. Really a game you should have in your collection.

Batman Arkham Asylum
The Joker is lose and Batman have to stop in from taking over Arkham Asylum. To stop Batman, Joker gets send some of the worst criminals in Gotham City to kill Batman. Including Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow and Bane. The game is for you who like Batman in general, solving riddles and use stealth.

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed take you back in time to the year 1100. You are Altair. The best assassin who have ever lived. This game in a nutshell: You jump around in cities killing people and hide from guards. The game is pretty much the same through the whole game. You get to a city, talk with a guy, get get information on the target, seek out the target, kills the target and bring back evidence. If you hate really repetive gameplay this is not for you. But it's very fun and you should at least try it out.

ModNation Racers
LittleBigPlanet on wheels. Nothing more to say.

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-29 14:12:08

At 6/29/10 01:38 PM, Thdrams wrote: Yeah, I've gotten some reccomendations about Metal Gear Solid 4, but I haven't played a single metal gear game ever, so I think I wouldn't really "get" it.

You can get the first three Metal Gear Solid games in a pack for $20. That's what I did.

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-29 14:53:29

Dude, get Metal GearSolid 4. It should be against the law to own a PS3 and not have that game.

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-29 15:02:43

They've already been mentioned, but Fallout 3 and Oblivion really are must have games. They have so much content and provide hours of game play. You really can't go wrong with them.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-29 15:54:25

At 6/28/10 10:03 AM, Jackho wrote: If you like Zelda, then buy Darksiders.

And it's awesome.

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-29 16:21:55

At 6/29/10 04:17 PM, rorypearce94 wrote: Exactly this, but make sure they are both goty edition

I wouldn't say it's crucial that you get the GOTY Editions, but they will add a few more hours. I've actually not played Oblivion's DLC, but Fallout's is definitely worth it. Point Lookout probably being the best of them.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-29 17:42:44

At 6/29/10 01:38 PM, Thdrams wrote: I haven't played a single metal gear game ever, so I think I wouldn't really "get" it.

You can get MGS1 on PSN for $10. MGS3 is a prequel and MGS2 didn't add much to the story other than the Patriots.

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-29 19:31:36

At 6/29/10 05:42 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 6/29/10 01:38 PM, Thdrams wrote: I haven't played a single metal gear game ever, so I think I wouldn't really "get" it.
You can get MGS1 on PSN for $10. MGS3 is a prequel and MGS2 didn't add much to the story other than the Patriots.

Metal Gear Solid 4 still makes a lot of references to MGS3's story, and the plot of MGS2 is also very important in the grand scheme of things (one obvious example of why being knowing who the fuck Raiden is). You can download a Metal Gear Solid Data Base for free off of the PlayStation Network to fill in the gaps though, it's essentially a Metal Gear Wiki except official. Of course you can still get the Metal Gear Solid Essentials collection for PS2, which has all three games on it.

At 5/11/59 09:17 PM, Wolverine said:

| No no-neck redneck dumps on my wife and gets away with it!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-30 01:58:08

if you like silent hill you should try alan wake

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-30 02:04:58

At 6/29/10 03:09 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 6/29/10 02:53 PM, Oolaph wrote:
Why? It's really not that good of a game.
not that good of a game

:[

>:[

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-30 02:42:54

I'd definitely recommend MGS4. You also get Metal Gear Online with it, which is a bit bigger than your standard Multiplayer in a shooting game.

I'd also recommend Infamous. Epic game, great free roam, awesome powers and high enough difficulty that you can actually be killed without the game having to glitch. Seriously awesome. I suggest you get it.

I'm a miserable excuse for a human being? Who said I'm a human being?

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-30 13:45:22

Demon's Souls is a great game, especially if you're like me and you think that games have gotten too easy over the years. It's a game for people with very peculiar tastes, but should be tried by everyone due to its originality and revolutionary use of online.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-30 15:21:21

I'd recommend Uncharted 1 & 2, inFAMOUS and LittleBigPlanet. All good games.

I personally love Heavy Rain, but it's not to everyone's liking. You should also get Killzone 2 if you're into shooters.

At 6/30/10 03:49 AM, rorypearce94 wrote:
At 6/30/10 02:42 AM, warlord126 wrote: I'd also recommend Infamous.
And that was the moment I lost all repsect for you.

You're a guy on the internet dissing a game someone else likes - I'm not sure anyone wants your "repsect".

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-30 15:36:04

At 6/30/10 01:58 AM, Aerotrip wrote: if you like silent hill you should try alan wake

PS3 games.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-30 16:12:22

At 6/29/10 07:31 PM, Sun-Wukong wrote:
Metal Gear Solid 4 still makes a lot of references to MGS3's story, and the plot of MGS2 is also very important in the grand scheme of things (one obvious example of why being knowing who the fuck Raiden is). You can download a Metal Gear Solid Data Base for free off of the PlayStation Network to fill in the gaps though, it's essentially a Metal Gear Wiki except official.

Just so you know, Metal Gear Solid 4 is so story-driven and complex, it need its own guide just to cover the story, so you better like to put down your controller some times and pay attention to the story.

Seriously, it's like Lost, except people only die once

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.

My "art" :D

BBS Signature

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-30 16:24:32

Okay, some games you might like:

Dark sector: gameplay is like gears of war, really great shooter game, fun once your Glaive is fully upgraded.....there is too much to explain, just watch this video review

Demon souls: it's a hard game but fun as hell, still it's very frustrating.

Pixel junk shooter: it's a fun puzzle shoot em' up pretty long.

Disgaea 3: it's a really fun RPG game but it takes a little while to learn, even then with the bonus bosses there is reason to keep playing and leveling up.

Brutal legends: it's jack black with a guitar that shoots lighting and an axe....and it does not suck despite what you might think, PLAY IT!(online mode gets boring though)

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-30 16:28:09

At 6/30/10 01:58 AM, Aerotrip wrote: if you like silent hill you should try alan wake

Alan Wake is a xbox exclusive, this is for PS3 games.

Response to PS3 Games to get 2010-06-30 19:49:58

Try and get Red Dead Redemption, inFamous, and PROTOTYPE.

I had a lot of fun with those.

Only a Ninja can kill a Ninja-

~Sho Kusagi

BBS Signature