00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

124,857 Views | 2,892 Replies

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 17:28:15

At 6/17/10 03:24 PM, simon wrote: Since when have people cared for South Africa?
Root for your own countries.

I think, kind've, that Rawter is in South Africa if he's honest.

I tend to find myself going for any team that happens to be playing. Call it postmodern football support.

Also, I missed the first two matches today, but it's a shame about the Argentin-South Korea goal margin and the own goal - I really think SK can reach the quarters at least. Who knows.

France were terrible, again. They just seem to have hardly any passion, whether that be because of the manager to a large degree or not. I was hoping strongly that Mexico would score their penalty, but if it had missed or been saved, I doubt France would've had a decent counter attack to it. From what I've seen, I agree with an above poster about Mexico being capable of taking more goals. Mexico-Uruguay might be quite dull as a result, though hopefully not. On the back of the cheat with Ireland and the awful play from France, I really hope South Africa can get something back.

Oh, my dear contradictions...

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 17:49:06

I hope Argentina will play with anyone except Mexico. Against Uruguay would be fine.
I mean, how many times we will have to play against Mexico? :P

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 17:55:52

Draw would result in Argentina-Mexico. I'm going to the bookies tomorrow to lump on the draw despite it being odds on

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 18:47:59

An interesting note on the Mexico-France match:

Maybe you noticed that the crowd would, against all odds, occasionally overcome the sounds of the vuvuzelas. Those were the Mexican supporters - who, every time the French keeper launched the ball into play with a goal kick, would all shout "PUTO!" Apparently it is a time-honored tradition. :)

GOOD RIDDANCE FRANCE. Your team should've been denied qualification for both the 2006 AND 2010 World Cups. I hope Uruguay dives even more than they did during their match against South Africa and grinds your squad into the soil.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 18:59:47

At 6/17/10 06:47 PM, Serphyas wrote: An interesting note on the Mexico-France match:

Maybe you noticed that the crowd would, against all odds, occasionally overcome the sounds of the vuvuzelas. Those were the Mexican supporters - who, every time the French keeper launched the ball into play with a goal kick, would all shout "PUTO!" Apparently it is a time-honored tradition. :)

Lol, awesome...poor French goalie must've felt the need to give the Mexican fans a middle finger...

GOOD RIDDANCE FRANCE. Your team should've been denied qualification for both the 2006 AND 2010 World Cups. I hope Uruguay dives even more than they did during their match against South Africa and grinds your squad into the soil.

Uh, calm down, it's not like the French national team killed your family..

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 19:40:59

Any South Africans in Newgrounds? And if so...any of 'em willing to seriously discuss the validity of the Vuvuzela's, from a cultural standpoint?

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 20:34:18

as a brazilian, i'm really happy that France lost. y'know, since they're our "executioner".
SUCK ON THAT MOTHERFUCKERS, WE STILL OWE YOU A BEATING FOR 98.
now, both South Africa and France have very little chance to pass through. if Uruguay and Mexico tie, then they're fucked.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 20:41:33

At 6/17/10 08:34 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: SUCK ON THAT MOTHERFUCKERS, WE STILL OWE YOU A BEATING FOR 98.

We all know that The Netherlands should've won in '98.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 22:45:47

At 6/17/10 08:34 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: as a brazilian, i'm really happy that France lost. y'know, since they're our "executioner".
SUCK ON THAT MOTHERFUCKERS, WE STILL OWE YOU A BEATING FOR 98.
now, both South Africa and France have very little chance to pass through. if Uruguay and Mexico tie, then they're fucked.

As of late everyone hates brazilians cause they win every fucking time so don't get too excited. I think most people besides the people who are rooting for their country are either rooting for one of the early champions (England, Argentina) or a new team that has the skills to take the cup (Netherlands, Spain).

Though I'd hate to see Argentina play the Brazilians because I know we will be fuckd in every hole.

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-17 22:46:19

go USA...i'll have to wake up early tmr to catch that darn game, lol...

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 05:55:37

At 6/17/10 08:34 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: now, both South Africa and France have very little chance to pass through. if Uruguay and Mexico tie, then they're fucked.

I doubt they're gonna play for a tie, because that means Mexico will have to play Argentina in the next round. They'll want to avoid that. But even if either side wins, France is probably still fucked.

I heard that a tie in points is gonna be decided in goal differences and currently Mexico is 2nd with a +2 and France is 3rd with a -2. This means that France is gonna have to win from South-Africa with at least a 3 or 4 goals difference if they wanna stand a chance. With this they are fully dependent on what all the other teams do.

Judging from the way they played thus far, I can't see them winning with such a big difference from South-Africa. And France's morale must've dropped to 0 in the meantime, while South-Africa is probably willing more than anything to win that last match.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 07:34:40

At 6/17/10 11:23 PM, DarkSytze wrote: i actually want to see england lose against algeria, i want to see english supporters weep their fucking brains out

Shut your face fool.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 07:46:17

This is a bit unrelated to the current WC, but Qatar is planning to host the WC in 2022 and has plans to build some of the most epic stadiums in history.

Link

I heard some stadiums will actually have field-cooling, air-conditioning and all kinds of high-tech stuff.

If these plans can be realized, I really hope they will be allowed to host it. This is simply amazing.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 07:58:43

Germany VS Serbia...

Let's just hope Germany won't get switzerlanded by Serbia.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:07:43

HAHAHA!
Germany got fucking rocked.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:08:52

Red card for Miroslav Klose and 1 - 0 for Serbia.

That was pretty silly. I guess you could argue whether that was worth a yellow, but Klose should've known better. You don't need to make fouls like that when the ball is in the midfield.

Now Germany is one goal behind, surprisingly.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:21:56

The ref is ruining this game.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:23:25

At 6/18/10 08:21 AM, Gagsy wrote: The ref is ruining this game.

I can only hope that the Germans respond, as that's going to be the only way we'll see some drama in the second half.

Face it, they aren't just going to roll over and concede the game, are they?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:25:33

At 6/18/10 08:16 AM, Ejit wrote: I think one of our commentator just called the Serbian keeper 'a big tart' (?). He's also getting a bit worked up with the referee.

Would be cool if this is a second big upset.

Yeah, I got that. Mick McCarthy is a hilarious commentator, particularly when something seems to upset him.

'Absolutely outrageous...'

I'd like another upset too (as ever), but I also want to see Ghana have a bigger chance of making the second round, and I also think that this ref is one of the worst so far. Lots of yellow cards does not lots of attacking play make. Much better play from Serbia today though, compared to the Ghana game.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:28:00

At 6/18/10 08:16 AM, Ejit wrote: Would be cool if this is a second big upset.

This is not an upset; it's just a gift given from the ref. While it would be nice for Germany to lose, I doubt they will. They are still pretty talented enough to even things up in the second half.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:31:14

Wow, that ref is pish. I guess his favorite hobby is booking players.

But on the other hand the second fould from Klose was stupid. By that time he had to know the ref is eager to show yellow cards so he should have let that opposing player run.

Somehow I knew it... in the first round all the favorites played shitty games, except for germany. In the second round the favorites played pretty good so far, so germany will play a shitty game...
Hopefully Ghana wins their match tonight.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:40:36

At 6/18/10 07:46 AM, Auz wrote: If these plans can be realized, I really hope they will be allowed to host it. This is simply amazing.

I just watched the video. I am even more interested in seeing a Qatar World Cup. Like Blatter said, at some point, there will probably need to be a Middle East World Cup anyway. All the field-cooling gizmos and so on would probably be necessary given the heat. The rest... well, it's Qatar. Cue montages set to 'Arab Money'.

Also, alcohol will be expensive. So we can sit back at home and laugh.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:45:21

GERMAN PENALTY!

Vidic believes he can fly...

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:46:42

Penalty for Germany. And it's saved :o

Very poorly taken penalty by Podolski. Also Germany could've equalized three times already, but keep on failing to do so.

I hope they'll win though, because the Serbs play like a bunch of cowards.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:47:31

Whaaaaaaaaaa? Germany missed a penalty?!!?

No idea what Vidic was thinking. Idiot.

I drew Serbia in my work sweepstake, so I have a vested interest in them not gifting penalties to the Germans...

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:47:54

At 6/18/10 08:46 AM, Auz wrote: Penalty for Germany. And it's saved :o

OMG LOL ROFL WTF?!

I turned off the TV now. Too embarrasing to watch. Also if I scream again like I did when Podolski missed the penalty the neighbours might call the Cops. >_>

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:50:25

Haha, oh dear.

Pretty poor penalty. Disappointing from Podolski.

Latest BBC commentary funny: '... what is he appealling for there?' - Jonathan Pearce (?)

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:52:37

That was one close shot. I would've laughed so hard.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:52:58

Wtf is wrong germany?!

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-18 08:55:41

Wow...

That was almost 2-0 for the Serbs.

At 6/18/10 08:40 AM, Scarab wrote:
At 6/18/10 07:46 AM, Auz wrote: If these plans can be realized, I really hope they will be allowed to host it. This is simply amazing.
I just watched the video. I am even more interested in seeing a Qatar World Cup. Like Blatter said, at some point, there will probably need to be a Middle East World Cup anyway. All the field-cooling gizmos and so on would probably be necessary given the heat. The rest... well, it's Qatar. Cue montages set to 'Arab Money'.

Also, alcohol will be expensive. So we can sit back at home and laugh.

Yeah they're incredibly rich in that place, so plenty of money to spend on building epic stadiums and organizing the whole thing. Personally I loved that fourth stadium made out of glass with a huge shopping mall and a pool attached to it.

Indeed field cooling and air conditioning would be great for the players. At least teams won't be having a disadvantage due to the different climate.

So I say Qatar for 2022 hosts ^^

BBS Signature