00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Trial of Sirtom93

16,621 Views | 163 Replies

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-09 12:56:33

They're actually taking him to court? Seems a bit harsh from where I see it. I remember it happening and it seemed (and still does) as if he's a confused teenager who was trying to be tough. Calling the cops was the right thing to do (as he might've gone through with it, since after scheming it's a slippery slope down) but I honestly thought he'd get off with a slap on the hands and some psychiatric help.

As serious as threats of arson are, he's just a confused kid.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-09 12:58:39

At 6/9/10 12:56 PM, DareDevilGuy wrote: They're actually taking him to court? Seems a bit harsh from where I see it. I remember it happening and it seemed (and still does) as if he's a confused teenager who was trying to be tough. Calling the cops was the right thing to do (as he might've gone through with it, since after scheming it's a slippery slope down) but I honestly thought he'd get off with a slap on the hands and some psychiatric help.

As serious as threats of arson are, he's just a confused kid.

Also, from what citric posted a couple of days earlier, it would seem that Tom is having trouble disconnecting fantasy from reality. He has been getting help, but if that is a major contributor to his scheming it wouldn't make sense to punish him for it. It's like hitting a 5-year old in the face for playing with matches.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-09 13:09:45

At 6/9/10 01:02 PM, citricsquid wrote: The punishment isn't necessarily going to be "bad". He has to be tried for his "crimes" but it's entirely possible he'll get a sentence that requires him to serve time in a mental hospital, it's entirely possible that this time will be what he has already served and he'll be let out straight away.

I know all this, perhaps I should rephrase a little bit. I find it ridiculous that while it's so obvious that this kid has mental issues that has led him to make these threats and "act" on them this is still being dragged as far as court. But this is something I find amazingly wrong with the justice system as a whole: underaged individuals with mental problems who have not necessarily done any damage so far being dragged into court. This isn't helping them or society one bit, this may only fuel his problems.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-09 13:40:31

At 6/9/10 01:31 PM, citricsquid wrote: I disagree. He committed a crime, he should be tried as a "sane" person would. The difference should be in his punishment. If he is genuinely insane then he should be given help. How is it fair to anyone that someone deemed mentally ill is never tried? Who decides what happens to them? Do we stick them into a mental hospital forever? How do we decide when they're ready to come out? That's what court does, it decides the length of detention etc.

This is why I intentionally put the term "underaged" in my last post. I agree with you on all other counts. But when an underaged individual with mental problems performs a misdemeanor (or what the hell they're called in english, the "not-the-worst-thing-you-can-do" kind of charge) and they are put through court, this can and most likely will fuel their mental problems. I have no doubt that the outcome of this trial will be Tom receiving help. But the entire trial has no use, he has already been admitted to a mental hospital and surely has been through multiple diagnostics. I say, in a case like this, let the leading psychiatrist have a closed hearing with a judge. The judge may want to interview the individual in question and then a judgment may be made.

I see no reason for a trial.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-09 13:56:56

"Today Sirtom, I will find you guilty on all charges."

The Trial of Sirtom93

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-09 13:59:29

At 6/9/10 01:51 PM, citricsquid wrote: A trial is less than desirable but it's the only real option that is fair to tom and others.

You may have misunderstood me. Of course not one person decides. The judge would do the same as he would do in any other trial, get second opinions from other mental health professionals and interview the individual in question himself aswell. The only difference being, this will all be done behind closed doors. This way the stress of a trial can't fuel the mental issues.

Also:

let either a judge or jury decide
how does he know his "punishment" is "fair" if only 1 person decided on it

Isn't a judge 1 person? Or am I getting my math wrong?

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-09 14:08:08

At 6/9/10 01:56 PM, 36Holla wrote: "Today Sirtom, I will find you guilty on all charges."

"OBJECTION"
I found one irrefutable evidence against your claims : You're stupid!

The Trial of Sirtom93

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-09 14:13:10

At 6/9/10 02:08 PM, citricsquid wrote: I knew you'd say that :D That's why I said from a single point of view. A judges job is to base his/her final result on all the evidence, that's the point of a trial, a mental health professional - who I assumed you were implying should decide - wouldn't have understanding of EVERY point, that's what a judges job is.

Allow me to quote myself from a couple of posts ago:

I say, in a case like this, let the leading psychiatrist have a closed hearing with a judge. The judge may want to interview the individual in question and then a judgment may be made.

The judge would still make the judgement. Yup yup.

Anyway, do we have any info yet? It should be around 8 PM in the UK now so the hearing must be over already.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-09 14:24:39

At 6/9/10 02:20 PM, citricsquid wrote:
At 6/9/10 02:13 PM, DareDevilGuy wrote: Allow me to quote myself from a couple of posts ago:
I'm a moron, I didn't see that, can you ever forgive me?

How could I not forgive that cute smile?

Rig, isn't the court going to notify you of what kind of legal action is going on?

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-09 14:26:38

My prediction is he'll serve the 2 out of the 3 weeks in home arrest.

Nuff said.

It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-09 15:04:54

At 6/9/10 02:53 PM, Ultor wrote: I dont know why everyone wants him to hang for

People are just cruel and enjoy he suffering of others...
Example : If it wasn't for the misfortunes of the fortunates being reported, gossip magazines would go out of business...

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-09 16:08:38

I cant wait to hear what the verdict is.

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-10 16:01:48

At 6/9/10 01:38 PM, deckheadtottie wrote: Yo Rig, were you surprised at the list of charges? It's as long as my arm.

Yeah, I never thought he'd get that many. I thought it was like one or two.

At 6/9/10 02:24 PM, DareDevilGuy wrote: Rig, isn't the court going to notify you of what kind of legal action is going on?

Yessir. They've probably mailed me another letter...I'll get in in a few days. Deckheadtottie will probably get his letter first.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-10 16:05:45

Oh hey, look at this.

A teenager who sparked a major alert when he was arrested at a Norfolk high school after making threats over the internet has admitted having a knife on the school premises.

He is now in a hospital in Prestwick near Manchester and appeared at Norwich Crown Court yesterday when he admitted threatening to damage property and having articles with intent to damage property.

His case was adjourned awaiting a full psychiatric report and he will be sentenced at a later date.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-10 16:08:57

Pleaded guilty, smart. Sadly it ruins the fun that can be had. But at least he goes with dignity I suppose.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-10 16:13:08

So nothing so far then? Well fuck, I feel sorry for him. I understand he was going to kill a shitload of people but it is probably a mental issue. Anyways can you please repost the list of charges or tell me what page it is on? I haven't checked yet.

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-10 16:14:45

At 6/10/10 04:13 PM, BritPop wrote: So nothing so far then?

Several posts above.
Sigh...

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-10 16:17:00

At 6/10/10 04:14 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 6/10/10 04:13 PM, BritPop wrote: So nothing so far then?
Several posts above.
Sigh...

Oops sorry, that wasn't up when I was posting. Got distracted about typing. Sorry about that. Damn, I'm stupid.

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-10 16:40:34

At 6/10/10 04:16 PM, Ultor wrote: What were the list of charges brought before him

I don't think I should disclose that.

and did he have representation at all?

I don't know, but he most likely had a court-appointed lawyer or something.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-10 19:04:26

At 6/10/10 04:40 PM, Rig wrote:
At 6/10/10 04:16 PM, Ultor wrote: What were the list of charges brought before him

But I CAN! It's not like I know any of the charges, but my obvious guess would be intent of arson, carrying a weapon on school property, and intent of first degree murder, idk, shit like that.

and did he have representation at all?
I don't know, but he most likely had a court-appointed lawyer or something.

No, they let the manager of the Arby's down the street represent him.

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-10 19:35:27

At 6/10/10 04:44 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Who would have thought that such a teenager could be present on Newgrounds? Lol, I loved this when it happened.

Someone clearly never heard of Livecorpse or that other Native american kid I forgot the name of...

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-10 20:03:52

At 6/10/10 04:01 PM, Rig wrote:
At 6/9/10 01:38 PM, deckheadtottie wrote: Yo Rig, were you surprised at the list of charges? It's as long as my arm.
Yeah, I never thought he'd get that many. I thought it was like one or two.

It makes sense that they'd go after him for as many charges as possible. They want to get him for something and put him in for as long as possible. If they only gave him one or two charges, he could lawyer out of them somehow.

At 6/10/10 04:13 PM, andhination wrote:
At 6/10/10 04:05 PM, Rig wrote: Oh hey, look at this.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons
lol, why, about a year ago his name was being used all the time wasn't it?

British thing. Other media doesn't have to go by British laws.

At 6/10/10 07:35 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: Someone clearly never heard of Livecorpse or that other Native american kid I forgot the name of...

Jeff Weise

wolf piss

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-10 20:07:50

At 6/10/10 04:40 PM, Rig wrote:

If they were read aloud at a public trial why could you not recite them? They had no problem doing it in front of random people...

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-11 09:53:43

At 6/8/10 03:19 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: I started getting pretty friendly with Sirtom a couple of weeks before he posted the picture of the gas canister.

He never really struck me as a bad kid. He just seemed a little detached from reality. Also, he was pretty shit at guitar.

Apparently he had bullying problems too lols.

Just chillin'

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-11 11:37:01

At 6/11/10 08:17 AM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 6/10/10 07:35 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: Someone clearly never heard of Livecorpse or that other Native american kid I forgot the name of...
Hey, I remember Livecorpse... what happened to him?

he got in trouble with the police and he killed himself, there was a topic about it somewhere.

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-11 11:44:16

At 6/10/10 04:34 PM, Rawter wrote: In a way I do feel sorry for him but I am also angered by what he has done, burning down a school which supplies education and killing innocent people as well... thats not right.

Got to be kidding, killing people? I doubt he would have started a fire, seems he was just living in a fantasy world.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-12 07:10:08

At 6/11/10 11:45 AM, Alaska wrote:
At 6/11/10 08:17 AM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
Hey, I remember Livecorpse... what happened to him?
Here you go bro.

I can't believe Livecorpse died almost six years ago now. I remember reading those announcements and be shocked as hell like it happened a year or so ago.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-12 08:08:35

I knew sirtom93 by msn and he liked my flash.
why did he end up in hospital!?
someone, TELL ME!!!

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-12 08:21:40

At 6/12/10 08:08 AM, mattuiop wrote: I knew sirtom93 by msn and he liked my flash.
why did he end up in hospital!?
someone, TELL ME!!!

Seriously, you didn't read the very first sentence of this thread?

Anyway, I can't see Sirtom getting a harsh sentence, considering he's spent 14-15 months in a mental hospital and he was fairly young at the time. That said, we don't know the full list of charges, so it's too early to say.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-06-21 06:57:41

I'm bumping because I'm rather interested to know if anybody has any new information yet?

BBS Signature