00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Let's do another FL Core!

11,286 Views | 153 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-14 23:19:28

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-14 23:48:44

yay heres mine

or atleast what I can get done of it this weekend

BBS Signature

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-15 17:51:52

At 5/15/10 02:56 PM, Space-Whale wrote: Here's a question: would we be allowed to use the speech synthesizer? It sort of exports samples that are non-core, in FL. Would ity count?

Of course, it comes with FL.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-16 06:01:53

Imma finish my entry today.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-16 12:26:21

Hmmm, lets see if I can pull something out in one day.

...And I'll be ON TIME this time. Haha.

Um, yeah.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-16 15:32:15

Made this song in just 3 days. I usually take months, even years at times... Funny, as I think this song pretty much pwns most of my stuff. Composition-wise anyway.

: id 333333 will be submitted today O:

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-16 19:17:15

Does the song have to be completely done? I've been working on a song for a while now, and I happen to see this. I think I might be able to do pretty good in this one, though.
It's just a demo, but it's like 2.30.
Would that be okay? In case I don't have it completed all the way/

Sig=DJ REN

PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-16 23:26:17

Um, yeah.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 02:19:00

Looks like the deadline's up! Now it's time for everyone to listen to 'em and send me their votes!

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 03:35:06

At 5/17/10 02:19 AM, Rig wrote: Looks like the deadline's up! Now it's time for everyone to listen to 'em and send me their votes!

It helps to be convenient though :P.

-Song List-

01.) Kirbyfemur

02.) JoeyNukes

03.) s0ul-child

04.) eatmeatleet

05.) InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver's Sloshfest

06.) Mrmilkcarton

07.) DjAbbic

08.) migaribeats

09.) YouriX

10.) Nechura

11.) I-Saved-The-World

12.) xKore

13.) Babyblue91

14.) Kats

15.) Space-Whale

16.) renardine

17.) Prodigal

18.) SteakJohnson

19.) Supersteph54

20.) Whirlguy

21.) SSaB

So, there's the song list (double-checked to ensure there are no mistakes). I didn't add Box-Killa since Rig said that FL Core songs which were made before the competition started aren't eligible, and I added InvisibleObserver since although he said he was still working on it, he still submitted something, even though it's not posted on Newgrounds. Rig, if I did the wrong thing, then tell me.

Hope this helps, and good luck to everyone :D.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 03:46:36

well damn, I made a submission but I forgot to submit it on time, and i uploaded it on soundcloud nine days ago. lol, well its all good, I don't think I would have won, some of the submissions were so very impressive, I'm thinking xkores dubstep. Anyways heres what I had.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 03:49:57

At 5/17/10 03:46 AM, Methreee wrote: well damn, I made a submission but I forgot to submit it on time, and i uploaded it on soundcloud nine days ago. lol, well its all good, I don't think I would have won, some of the submissions were so very impressive, I'm thinking xkores dubstep. Anyways heres what I had.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 33485

I'll leave this for Rig to decide whether it's eligible or not since I don't run this competition...

Also, I have a question. When you said everyone can vote, are you including people who haven't taken part in the competition?

Yeah, me and my questions *Blush*.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 04:30:32

I guess I vote by sending Rig a PM that has conveniently been entitled something along the lines of "My FL Core Vote," followed up by a link to my favourite submition?

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 08:28:19

At 5/17/10 04:30 AM, Whirlguy wrote: I guess I vote by sending Rig a PM that has conveniently been entitled something along the lines of "My FL Core Vote," followed up by a link to my favourite submition?

Yessir. Send me your #1 favourite or your top 5 or rank the entire list. I'll take the top ones and decide from there.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 13:59:45

At 5/17/10 08:28 AM, Rig wrote: Yessir. Send me your #1 favourite or your top 5 or rank the entire list. I'll take the top ones and decide from there.

Alrighty :3
There's like 4 people I think should all win, but I've made up my mind and picked someone.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 14:15:26

I hope I do somewhat well in this. The song I submitted was so damn CPU-intensive that just to save it took a whole minute. It also took almost 8 hours to export.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 15:32:34

At 5/17/10 02:15 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: I hope I do somewhat well in this. The song I submitted was so damn CPU-intensive that just to save it took a whole minute. It also took almost 8 hours to export.

You need an upgrade.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 15:37:25

At 5/17/10 03:32 PM, Skela wrote:
At 5/17/10 02:15 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: I hope I do somewhat well in this. The song I submitted was so damn CPU-intensive that just to save it took a whole minute. It also took almost 8 hours to export.
You need an upgrade.

Either that or my song must've needed a downgrade...

I have 3.25 MB RAM and 3.17 Ghz clock speed, which should be enough to run FL properly...

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 15:40:50

who won? I spent like 90% of the time making the drums and bass, and 10% putting it together so I doubt it was me...

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 20:13:20

At 5/17/10 03:40 PM, SteakJohnson wrote: who won? I spent like 90% of the time making the drums and bass, and 10% putting it together so I doubt it was me...

We all have to send in votes my the 22nd, so I'm guessing the results will be posted then...

P.S. - I'm also taking vote-bribes now, in case anyone was wondering....

Jk, I kid, I kid.

Um, yeah.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 20:30:46

I'm assuming no song editing between now and the 22nd, right?

Um, yeah.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-17 21:37:04

At 5/17/10 08:28 AM, Rig wrote:
At 5/17/10 04:30 AM, Whirlguy wrote: I guess I vote by sending Rig a PM that has conveniently been entitled something along the lines of "My FL Core Vote," followed up by a link to my favourite submition?
Yessir. Send me your #1 favourite or your top 5 or rank the entire list. I'll take the top ones and decide from there.

Just a personal opinion on this, it might be a better idea to keep it at the top 5 or 4 list rather than #1, for fairness purposes. I mean you might have like maybe one or two people have the majority, and everyone else have the same vote count. Or would that just mean there would be two winners by that fact. This is just to give everyone a chance, since i have a really good idea of who will win this, and i know for certain it wont be me, and most of the submissions where fairly similar and hard to find those ones that really stood out. So i don't know, anyways i actually hope the person i'm voting first in my top 5 list will win, it's an awesome song, just hope that he might make a version using slightly better cymbals later on, since that seems to be a major issue for everyone as far as the sample department goes in my opinion.

Good luck everyone!!! =3

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-18 05:45:25

At 5/17/10 09:37 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: ... it might be a better idea to keep it at the top 5 or 4 list rather than #1, for fairness purposes. I mean you might have like maybe one or two people have the majority, and everyone else have the same vote count. Or would that just mean there would be two winners by that fact.

To be honest, I'm running this a bit dictatorially. I'm looking at all the stuff you guys voted for, then choosing the winners from the pool myself. But don't worry, I won't make any drastic changes. The votes have been fairly consistent, so I think everyone will be happy at the end.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-18 12:47:23

At 5/17/10 08:30 PM, SSaB wrote: I'm assuming no song editing between now and the 22nd, right?

You are correct.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-18 13:59:49

At 5/18/10 05:45 AM, Rig wrote:
To be honest, I'm running this a bit dictatorially. I'm looking at all the stuff you guys voted for, then choosing the winners from the pool myself. But don't worry, I won't make any drastic changes. The votes have been fairly consistent, so I think everyone will be happy at the end.

Haha actually it's probably better that way now that i think about it. We don't need a bunch of indecisive people fighting over which track is better, we just need one assertive parson to sort out the shit and get it done. Anyways, not to much longer to wait at least. Lets hope not to many people come in impatient about who won lol

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-19 16:42:06

I could always use more votes! Anyone else up to the task?

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-19 18:49:24

I'm working on my top 5 now, expect them tonight.

Um, yeah.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-19 19:19:28

Shit, I know I'm super late. For some reason I had myself convinced that the deadline was next week.

This is probably not eligiable. But for shits and giggles, here's my entry.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-20 02:42:09

I skipped a number of the pages, if the deadline for submitting is still May 22 I'll be posting a song shortly for this.

BBS Signature