00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You

25,862 Views | 368 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-16 06:44:38

At 6/14/10 01:04 PM, HyperGumba wrote: Also I am thinking about dumping the Portal x Touhou idea for skit 2, instead I might make something Touhou related combined with an asdf-movie reference. Maybe I'll just make all three of them, in case that there's enough time.

That'll be great! I don't think anybody ever animated a Touhou skit, until now.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-16 15:22:19

Wow, nice.
Sorry for being inactive.

- EPIC INTRO AND MENU, Thanks for using my title!
- Yeah, 2 parts is enough.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-17 12:08:16

At 6/16/10 06:44 AM, OutcastLabs wrote:
At 6/14/10 01:04 PM, HyperGumba wrote: Also I am thinking about dumping the Portal x Touhou idea for skit 2, instead I might make something Touhou related combined with an asdf-movie reference. Maybe I'll just make all three of them, in case that there's enough time.
That'll be great! I don't think anybody ever animated a Touhou skit, until now.

Yeah, and I completely agree with this. It'll be epic as hell.

At 6/16/10 03:22 PM, Aguproductions wrote: Wow, nice.
Sorry for being inactive.

- EPIC INTRO AND MENU, Thanks for using my title!
- Yeah, 2 parts is enough.

Thank you :) Also, you'll be getting the proper credit in the...well...credits (*LOL*) for the one who came up with the sub-title for the collab.

-----
if anyone would like to come up with a custom preloader (remember to make it Action Script 2), I'd be thrilled, otherwise I will just make one myself in the light of Holy Sprites 1, Shell Trouble and Game Ranger 3.

I'm finishing up some things on the title menu now and will post it as soon as it's done. You guys know...that may not be today because of how long animation and creation actually takes, plus how anal I am about what exactly I want and how it should look that it takes me forever. I mean...look at how long Street Fighter vs DBZ has been in the works...

Oh, and if someone else does want to make an epic credits, then what I will do is make up the proper movie clip with the "Follow the Bouncing Pokeball" and custom VCam so you can do it. This collab is turning out to be so good, it deserves more than just a simple credit roll.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-17 23:45:30

Okay, everyone, here it is! This is the intro and menu screen finished with all the extra animations and cleanup needed. The only thing it doesn't have is the character bio screen.

I'm thinking of doing it like Agu's, but slightly different, keeping it so that the background still shows with a "back" button to get to the main menu again.

Here it is:

HS2 Intro and Menu - Final

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-19 23:50:22

Kickass menu dude!
Can't wait to see the finished collab :D

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-20 20:27:22

Thank you very much. Took some time to get it looking the way I wanted and all that.

I can't wait to see it all finished, too.

Still waiting on:
NarutoMaker7 (parts 3 and 4)
RedFX (Still in it???)
HyperGumbaX
rikio23

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-20 20:32:36

At 6/20/10 08:27 PM, Sunrie wrote: Thank you very much. Took some time to get it looking the way I wanted and all that.

I can't wait to see it all finished, too.

Still waiting on:
NarutoMaker7 (parts 3 and 4)
RedFX (Still in it???)
HyperGumbaX
rikio23

I´m working on mine...I´mm maybe finish part 3 on...Well...maybe on the 28 or 29...And part 4 are gonna be short :P... That´s all...Cy a

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-20 21:10:58

okay, good, got the update from Naruto! Thanks, man.

Oh, and no update yet from Greenfrost6. Not sure if RedFX, Greenfrost6, and rikio23 are still in.

Just checked everything in a run and it's all compatible and looking great. Final order is yet to be decided. The only thing for certain is the third and last skit.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-20 22:35:04

Oh, and as another heads up...without the transition (if we want one), author bios, preloader, additional scenes from Wyldfyre1, Natrutomakter7, Rikio23 and HyperGumba, and credits, we're at about 10.6MB at 60% image compression and 32kb/s audio. At 24kb/s the audio compression is terrible sounding and at 70% image compression, it gets blurry.

The point I'm trying to make is that we've broken the 10MB upload limit, so I'll be getting a hold of Tom in order to post it up. Don't worry, it's not a huge thing for me to do and there has been a lot of work in this, so it's not like KK or SS uploading spam. It'll get posted! I may have Wyldfyre1 edit the menu music to loop sooner than it does so that the file size will come down slightly, too.

Speaking of transitions, do we want one or just have it do like HS1, where it went from one to another scene without any "bump"?

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-20 23:06:10

Hate not having an edit... Also, Sprite TV3 was 14.5MB and it had 32 skits. Without the intro, there are 25 in ours so far.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-21 09:57:57

At 6/20/10 11:06 PM, Sunrie wrote: Hate not having an edit... Also, Sprite TV3 was 14.5MB and it had 32 skits. Without the intro, there are 25 in ours so far.

Shit, WE MUST MAKE MORE THAN SPRITE TV3 ! ! !
MUST MUST MUST!!!

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-21 12:00:37

Well, I´m making the Vegeta thing bla bla blaa....Then on my Last project...I was thinking about Some Power ranger parody, Like...They are fighting and dacing to the Theme song...Then...Someones head explodes like the Red ranger or something. Then all the other Rangers screams and other thing :P
What do you think?
Also, I started my summer break today :D
And it´s fucking sweet. It´s like 2/1 Month :3

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-22 05:37:52

@Sunrie, if you want to get a hold of Tom quicker, it would be smarter to send him an email instead of a PM...he boosted my upload limit about 2 hours after i contacted him!

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-22 07:43:13

This sounds interesting. If it's not too late to join I'd like to give it a whirl. You can check out my stuff for reference if need be. I have both Flash 8 and Flash CS4 too.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-25 11:53:58

Sorry it's taken me so long to get on and answer questions. I just got out of intensive care last night due to severe, and I do mean severe, dehydration from food poisoning. My kidneys were on the brink of damage, so I was hooked up like a mother fucker. Guess that's what happens when I decide I have enough money to actually buy a PS3 and Red Dead Redemption... I'm okay now. Just sucking down Pedialyte like a mother fucker. Still can only eat bananas, apple sauce, rice, and toast.

--------------

At 6/21/10 09:57 AM, NarutoMaker7 wrote:
At 6/20/10 11:06 PM, Sunrie wrote: Hate not having an edit... Also, Sprite TV3 was 14.5MB and it had 32 skits. Without the intro, there are 25 in ours so far.
Shit, WE MUST MAKE MORE THAN SPRITE TV3 ! ! !
MUST MUST MUST!!!

If everyone turns in the amount they said they would, then I see no problem in that.

At 6/21/10 10:20 AM, HyperGumba wrote: Question: Can I use an video in one skit? It's just that it is too damn hard to animate every single bullet for like seven seconds, it would be way easier to script all of this in C using Danmakufu as an engine... just wanted to know, because I am thinking about removing the bullethell part completely or reduce it at least to an minimum.

Hmm...at this point I can see no problems with it. Just make sure that you use the VCam even in that part of it to keep everything centered correctly. Just have the VCam at the regular size on top of it, even if it's the actual movie that's moving around.

At 6/21/10 12:00 PM, NarutoMaker7 wrote: Well, I´m making the Vegeta thing bla bla blaa....Then on my Last project...I was thinking about Some Power ranger parody, Like...They are fighting and dacing to the Theme song...Then...Someones head explodes like the Red ranger or something. Then all the other Rangers screams and other thing :P
What do you think?
Also, I started my summer break today :D
And it´s fucking sweet. It´s like 2/1 Month :3

That sounds random as shit...<Robot Chicken Skeletor voice>MmmNNNn And I like it!</Robot Chicken Skeletor voice>. Can you do me a favor and send me the ones that you have finished already?

At 6/22/10 05:37 AM, liljoey50 wrote: @Sunrie, if you want to get a hold of Tom quicker, it would be smarter to send him an email instead of a PM...he boosted my upload limit about 2 hours after i contacted him!

Wow, thanks for the heads-up. That's going to help a lot. It took nearly two days for the All Sprites Collab, but I think that's because Segaplaya did it by PM. How does he know who he gave permission to before the upload as well? Does he give another link for a different uploader with a higher limit? I've always wondered.

At 6/22/10 07:43 AM, Budge007 wrote: This sounds interesting. If it's not too late to join I'd like to give it a whirl. You can check out my stuff for reference if need be. I have both Flash 8 and Flash CS4 too.

No, it's not too late. Give a five to thirty second example of what you can do. We are using Flash 8 and Action Script 2.0. Please make sure your actual project is all in a single movie clip and you've named your library in a manner that it wouldn't override any other person's (IE Budge007 - Explode1). This also makes it easy when you submit other movies because nothing gets erased and I can just tell it "Replace original files", making it so that your other animations stay synced correctly.

----------------------
And with that, I will be changing my "L's on Fire" to something much, much funnier+random and cleaning up a little bit of Wyldfyre1's last animation "R2D2 Enema".

I'm alive...YAY!

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-25 11:56:27

Actually, Budge...nevermind. I've seen your animations. I'm still not 100% myself. You're in.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-25 18:59:58

Wow, thanks for the heads-up. That's going to help a lot. It took nearly two days for the All Sprites Collab, but I think that's because Segaplaya did it by PM. How does he know who he gave permission to before the upload as well? Does he give another link for a different uploader with a higher limit? I've always wondered.

Well, i think he searches the e-mail adress...but i gave him my username in the email i sent, so it probably would be smart to give him your username in the e-mail ;)

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-25 19:18:34

You got it, thanks a lot

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-27 01:05:41

Okay, I feel that I owe it to you guys to give you another sample of what I have been doing. This is what I replaced the "L's on Fire" skit with. Much more epic, much more random, and a LOT funnier.

HS2 Sample - Sunrie - Spidercan't

Enjoy. Hope your animations are going as well.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-27 05:28:44

'Allo boys. I've got a great idea for a part, but I'm lacking some sprites. I need all the sprites from the Rhythm Heaven minigame 'Glass Tappers'. If someone can find me a good sprite sheet of it, I'll get to work on my part.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-27 13:05:05

Hey just checking in with you and giving some news. I'll have to consider pulling out of the collab, at least making other flashes towards it. I have a trip coming up soon and while I'd love to finish these I just honestly have to much going on right now. I'll try and nab the credits for the sprites and music used for the skit already submitted so you can go ahead and just use that.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-28 02:04:10

At 6/27/10 05:28 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: 'Allo boys. I've got a great idea for a part, but I'm lacking some sprites. I need all the sprites from the Rhythm Heaven minigame 'Glass Tappers'. If someone can find me a good sprite sheet of it, I'll get to work on my part.

I'll see what I can do for you. I do have the Fan Club, Love Lab, and Business Card

At 6/27/10 01:05 PM, svm wrote: Hey just checking in with you and giving some news. I'll have to consider pulling out of the collab, at least making other flashes towards it. I have a trip coming up soon and while I'd love to finish these I just honestly have to much going on right now. I'll try and nab the credits for the sprites and music used for the skit already submitted so you can go ahead and just use that.

Yeah, at least give me the bio info and the info for the things used in your collab. It's cool if you can only do one.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-28 11:41:34

Too late to join? If not, here's my sample.
Mario Meets A New Enemy
Note that it is pretty rushed. Especially in the end.

why is basement so much scary at night

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-28 12:02:03

Hmmm... Sure, Bjorvy, you can join up. Go ahead and start on your animation.

My only request is no more Mario entries. Don't want it to turn into a Mario collab.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-28 12:57:41

At 6/28/10 12:02 PM, Sunrie wrote: Hmmm... Sure, Bjorvy, you can join up. Go ahead and start on your animation.

Sweet! I'm gonna make one about Wonder Boy in Monster World, and how unforgiving it is.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-28 13:28:46

Here's the script:

You see a town, and after a second Shion (The hero from Wonderboy in Monsterland) walks into
shot and sighs.
Shion: Phew! After all those hours adventuring for the best equipment I'm finally done! Hope
I don't walk into any enemies on my way to that First Aid House...
The camera pans to a house with a door on it, then it pans back to Shion.
Shion: But, I guess there shouldn't be any monsters in a town.
Shion starts to walk to the house when suddenly a knight runs onto the screen and
takes away Shion's last heart. Shion collapses, the screen fades out.
The screen fades back onto the main menu where Shion walks in.
Shion: *Notices the Main Menu*, God F*cking Dammit!!

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-28 15:00:52

Sorry for triple-post! But here's my animation. I work very fast.
WonderBoy in MonsterGank

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-28 15:08:55

You know what...I´ll make another one... My power ranger Parody didn´t sound so good ( Didn´t look so either )
Well, I really like Family guy...And I got an Idéa when I was watching This...
Instead of Peter ( the human )
I´ll take Snake ( Solid snake )
And I´ll put Mario ( Big ) Instead of the big bear
And put Luigi ( Little ) as the little bear...
Does anyone know how to get the Audio?
And Bjorvy...
Jag gillar din idé :D
Du kommer säkert inte skriva tillbaks iallafall...

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-28 15:12:26

At 6/28/10 03:08 PM, NarutoMaker7 wrote: And Bjorvy...

Haha, tackar.^^ Har du spelat spelet?

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-06-28 15:17:59

At 6/28/10 03:00 PM, Bjorvy wrote: Sorry for triple-post! But here's my animation. I work very fast.
WonderBoy in MonsterGank

Wow you do work fast! I'm still finishing up the Star Wars one for Wyldfyre1. If I may say, that animation is fucking hilarious. Great job, man. I definitely want that in. Kick me over the FLA a PM. Put it up at www.newgrounds.com/dump and send me the URL it gives you.

At 6/28/10 03:08 PM, NarutoMaker7 wrote: You know what...I´ll make another one... My power ranger Parody didn´t sound so good ( Didn´t look so either )
Well, I really like Family guy...And I got an Idéa when I was watching This...
Instead of Peter ( the human )
I´ll take Snake ( Solid snake )
And I´ll put Mario ( Big ) Instead of the big bear
And put Luigi ( Little ) as the little bear...
Does anyone know how to get the Audio?
And Bjorvy...

You know, if you want, you could even use something from like Final Fantasy, Maple Story, or even one of the bear looking pokemon, such as the Teddiursa. I won't tell you not to use Mario and Luigi, but I'd like to see people start to shy away from using them from here on out.