00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CCasey112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You

25,866 Views | 368 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-07-28 21:25:55

When he hits Yoshi. Like, a digital ticking or something, which would be more of a reason for the Yoshi to go into the "Huh?" pose. I like the "vrrrrrr" before the "BOOM!", so that's perfect as it is.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-07-29 09:43:02

At 7/28/10 09:25 PM, Sunrie wrote: When he hits Yoshi. Like, a digital ticking or something, which would be more of a reason for the Yoshi to go into the "Huh?" pose. I like the "vrrrrrr" before the "BOOM!", so that's perfect as it is.

Ok. I know what you mean :D
I´ll edit it. And then Send it too you
I maybe don´t can finish the Vegeta VS Goku thing...
We´ll see...

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-07-29 13:05:26

At 7/29/10 05:37 AM, HyperGumba wrote: So, I finally found a way to get on the internet for at least an hour or two, and I have no good news; aside from my part being finished for the greatest part it has still the massive delay from the middle part on. I've tried nearly everything, letting parts of the animation temporarily out (like massive motion and shape tweens from what I thought may cause the lag, also standards like setting audio to stream and all other stuff,also the video doesn't seem to have somethibng to do with it, without it it runs still the same).
I don't think that I'll have ther chance to get back here the next days so soon, but I guess that if the deadline still stands I might not able to do it in time . When are you planning to submit the collab, Sunrie?

If I get it ready sometime before the 1st, I'll submit it anyways.

on a side note, can you remember how much it sucked to work with 64 MB RAM? I fucking hate this computer I've got here...

Hmm...try taking the audio out of the movie and making it just the MP3 or Wav and have the movie set inside by itself.

At 7/29/10 09:43 AM, NarutoMaker7 wrote: Ok. I know what you mean :D
I´ll edit it. And then Send it too you
I maybe don´t can finish the Vegeta VS Goku thing...
We´ll see...

I am not entirely without mercy *LOL* While I want to keep delays down to a minimum, if you need a little longer, then let me know.

As for when I'm planning on uploading it...that's as soon as it's finished and I have the permission to upload a larger file size. I will recontact Tom, this time through an E-Mail with an example of the project. That should get a quicker response.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-01 04:47:53

Hey Sunrie, have Tom or PsychoGoldfish gotten bak to you yet?

Also time for parts has run out I see...
When can we expect to see this beast in the portal??

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-01 14:35:10

Hey there, sorry I haven't posted for so long. I haven't had the chance. Vacation and important matters kept me at bay from doing anything that involves my hobbies for some time. I think the only thing you may need are the credits for my skit so I'll try and get those today and tomorrow.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-01 21:03:47

At 8/1/10 04:47 AM, liljoey50 wrote: Hey Sunrie, have Tom or PsychoGoldfish gotten bak to you yet?

Also time for parts has run out I see...
When can we expect to see this beast in the portal??

No, not yet...and that worries me a little bit. I'm going to get all the skits together and show it to them, so they know it's not spam.

Without sounding like a diss, they tend to treat sprite animations with huge disdain, like it requires no skill.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-02 18:58:05

Hi guys, I'm back from my vacation!

why is basement so much scary at night

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-02 21:00:37

woah i come back my graphic CARD made boom lol

Youtube

DeviantArt

animation ...

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-02 22:12:45

*L* Yikes, and welcome back BJorvy.

Okay, I have 32 entries to make the scene select for (thus far) and the credits to do, that's it.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-04 12:20:21

At 8/4/10 09:26 AM, HyperGumba wrote: OMG OMG OMG LAST MINUTE DELIVERY (hopefully not too late)

Already sent the .fla, here is the full version of my second part I've been talking about:

Borders.

and I am really happy that Sunrie was able to handle the desynch in my part... wait a minute...
How did you do it Sunrie? I just wonder, what miracle happened that my entry is working now...

oh, and many thanks to you x3

*LMFGDAO*!!!! Almost Inception like and random, most wonderful.

As for the desyncing and fixing, what I did was put all of the audio inside of a movie clip of your movie clip and then counted out the desync in the timeline. It now works perfectly, well the first time. If you watch the animation again in the same go then it won't be synchronized, but if you come back to it again later, even if it's in your cache, it plays correctly.

------------
That makes 33 entries with the bonus scene, yay! If NarutoMaker7 can kick me over his Mario Bomb and DBZ entries, then we'll have 35, which would own.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-04 12:50:14

Okay, new development...Just got errors importing Hyper's last entry into the Flash. Now it's saying that Flash 8 is running low on memory *LOL* Don't worry, I got the animation in it, so that means I can't put NarutoMaker7's last two entries in.

I'm compiling everything into one complete animation now with all the scene select buttons and credits roll, which I will kick over to Tom for the increased upload limit.

Great job everyone. As soon as I get permission, I will upload the finished project. Too bad we didn't get to add medals, though.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-04 13:38:01

i can made another part ?

Youtube

DeviantArt

animation ...

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-04 13:45:18

At 8/4/10 01:38 PM, Simpleanimator wrote: i can made another part ?

Unfortunately, no. I'm getting errors with Flash being out of memory. Flash 8 doesn't handle large files very well, sadly.

However, everything is in and I'm making the scene select buttons along with the credits.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-04 13:49:36

At 8/4/10 01:45 PM, Sunrie wrote:
At 8/4/10 01:38 PM, Simpleanimator wrote: i can made another part ?
Unfortunately, no. I'm getting errors with Flash being out of memory. Flash 8 doesn't handle large files very well, sadly.

However, everything is in and I'm making the scene select buttons along with the credits.

o: o well, i can wait to see the complete video :D

Youtube

DeviantArt

animation ...

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-04 13:58:58

Okay, big issue with the animation. With everything that I have in it now, HyperGumba's Tohou entry is causing the player and project to crash. I may end up having to take that one out completely...which sucks, because it's so good. The movie won't render past that entry, but plays and renders everything else just fine. I'm sorry, Hyper, but what I can do is kick you over the file as I have it and then you can use it in another animation of yours in the future.

That brings the total down to 32 with bonus scene, but hey, what can you do? There are always issues when making a project like this, especially the size of it all, so that sucks. Better this than anything else, let me tell you. The good news about it is that the file size comes down like...a meg or so and I may be able to get one of NarutoMaker7's other animations in it if he can get it to me soon enough *L*

Oh, and another thing...I don't have room to credit everyone in the co-authors on the side of the page when it's uploaded. Most of you will be, but the limit has been cut down to 10 total, and not 12, so I'm sorry about that as well. Don't worry, you'll still get credit as far as who did what in the credits roll and in the "more information" section.

You've all been awesome in this and how hard you've worked is obvious. Let me get this situated and then I'll upload it for Tom, which will give you guys the ability to see a preview as well.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-04 14:29:13

If you plan to H.S.3, has with me :D

Youtube

DeviantArt

animation ...

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-04 14:32:51

At 8/4/10 02:29 PM, Simpleanimator wrote: If you plan to H.S.3, has with me :D

in the future ...

Youtube

DeviantArt

animation ...

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-04 21:04:35

Just posted my entries and Credits...
I hope you can use them :D

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-05 16:07:34

It was the Tohou Lunatic one...which really sucks.

Good news is, on my main computer everything is smooth as hell. Flash is being cool and the only thing that messed up was Aguproductions portrait and some of the fonts. Good news is, nothing major messed it all up *LOL*

Don't worry, Gumba, I want to work with you again in a future collab. Your entries and the work you put into them, especially the Tohou one is stellar. I just wish I could have put that one in.

Now, as promised, here is the preview with everything working. I did have to change the credits as well, but no big deal, I kind of like this new one. Get it while it's hot! Coming down in two days! (Yes, that's how big my Flash workspace is :) )

Holy Sprites 2 - Full Working Preview

Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-05 16:10:12

Oh, and I sent the project to Tom. I hope he approves so I can upload it!

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-05 16:37:07

Holy fuck...Tom granted the request in like...ten minutes! It's up!!!! (it should be by the time you read this)

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-05 16:50:34

At 8/5/10 04:07 PM, Sunrie wrote: Holy Sprites 2 - Full Working Preview

That...Was...AWESOME!!!
But you changed my Mario bomb thing...Still awesome :D
Good work everybody :D
haha

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-05 17:01:35

At 8/5/10 04:50 PM, NarutoMaker7 wrote:
At 8/5/10 04:07 PM, Sunrie wrote: Holy Sprites 2 - Full Working Preview
That...Was...AWESOME!!!
But you changed my Mario bomb thing...Still awesome :D
Good work everybody :D
haha

Yeah, sorry about that, the text wouldn't show up in the actual animation

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-05 17:17:27

At 8/5/10 05:01 PM, Sunrie wrote: Yeah, sorry about that, the text wouldn't show up in the actual animation

DIDN´T I GET CO-AUTHORED!?
WHAT THE HELL?!

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-05 17:26:27

Add me in your friends list in your Account section and I will

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-05 17:30:10

At 8/5/10 05:26 PM, Sunrie wrote: Add me in your friends list in your Account section and I will

YAYAYAYAYa
OIK OSJDO JSOKDOO OK KOK OK OK OK OK OK
YAY

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-05 17:52:21

At 8/5/10 05:30 PM, NarutoMaker7 wrote:
At 8/5/10 05:26 PM, Sunrie wrote: Add me in your friends list in your Account section and I will
YAYAYAYAYa
YAY

Hahah, you're all co-authored up. Congrats! :)

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-05 18:41:37

At 8/5/10 05:52 PM, Sunrie wrote:
At 8/5/10 05:30 PM, NarutoMaker7 wrote:
YAYAYAYAYa
YAY
Hahah, you're all co-authored up. Congrats! :)

Yay, Thanks SUNRIE !!!!
YAY

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-05 19:09:09

Awesome job everyone, it's going to score very well. You should all be proud.

Just get your whistle points ready for some of the morons that will review, like that Kwahner dude. His animations are terrible.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-08-06 00:47:33

Congratulations on the Daily 4th, everyone!