00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CCasey112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You

25,867 Views | 368 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-15 03:33:31

I have never animated sprites before, and i was wondering if you can give me a chance. I know it isn't based on much, but if you wait a bit i will finish this animation i just started 30-40 minutes ago and hopefully it will be good enough to make it in.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-15 04:54:40

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ffaa cf826c289b504cf36140119daac6

I think i am done. The only thing i want to do is add one more sound for when he looks up at the pipe. That should only take a second. But the idea is (if you allow me in), to have 2 parts, this part and then him inside the pipe (which can't be revealed what's inside until later). So this part could play, then a few other people's parts would play, then the final segment of inside the pipe would play.

Any comments on it? Can i join?

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-15 05:00:03

At 5/15/10 04:54 AM, RedFX wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ffaa cf826c289b504cf36140119daac6

I think i am done. The only thing i want to do is add one more sound for when he looks up at the pipe. That should only take a second. But the idea is (if you allow me in), to have 2 parts, this part and then him inside the pipe (which can't be revealed what's inside until later). So this part could play, then a few other people's parts would play, then the final segment of inside the pipe would play.

I think It was cool... I think you can join... But It´s Sunrie that´s decides THat...
But It´s a cool Video...Hahaha

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-15 08:52:52

Hey, I made another one. But I dob´t think it´s better than my first one....This is a little random...TOO random...
http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1273924251
WTF? It was much Slower when I looked on my Flash....Wierd...

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-15 13:21:14

Been working on mine for a bit. Coming along nicely and yes I'm keeping it below or at 30 seconds so don't worry. Just a short skit of Silver and Shadow watching tv. Silver starts complaining to shadow about how no one but Sonic got into brawl. This of course is after some random channeling flipping and then a screen shows a new battle about to begin with Sonic vs Mario. Shadow silences him and just tells him to watch.

Basiclly I'll keep the rest to myself but Silver will think twice about wanting to join brawl after what happens since it's not just a one on one between the two. It's survival and Sonic is the one trying to survive against EVERY character in brawl.

It's short and sweet still so whenever I finish I'll post it here.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-15 13:29:10

My Bio

1. You can just my logo that I have if thats fine. It will be in my skit or I can just send it to you seperately.
2. Michael
3. 20
4. For fun and to better learn myself with different programs. Also like doing drawn animations as well!
5. Well at the age of about 15 or so I started animating with sprites. I moved my series thats on newgrounds to a hand drawn format and ever since I've started flash I've been trying to gain more skills to make good animations. One of the reasons I joined this collab is to be a part of a community driven project and have fun doing so.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-15 14:57:17

100th Post!

So ah, I have no idea for my next part, maybe later xD

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-15 16:07:08

At 5/15/10 04:54 AM, RedFX wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ffaa cf826c289b504cf36140119daac6

Hmm...you know, it wasn't bad. Especially given that it's supposed to be a two part thing. At this time, I'm going to say it's worth a shot to give you the opportunity to join up. I'll save my final judgment for the second installment, but it's pretty good so far, though a little slow

Friendly suggestion is to dress up the background a little more. It's just slightly too plain at this time.

At 5/15/10 08:52 AM, NarutoMaker7 wrote: Hey, I made another one. But I dob´t think it´s better than my first one....This is a little random...TOO random...
http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1273924251
WTF? It was much Slower when I looked on my Flash....Wierd...

Ha...ha...hahahahahhaahahh!!! WTF did I jus watch?! That was so fucking epic funny that I DEFINITELY want it in this collab.

At 5/15/10 10:25 AM, HyperGumba wrote: Guys, I just got an idea. Expect something from me in the next week, drivers license goes first :3

TOUHOU IS FUCKING HARD

Yeah, man, get that taken care of first. That's important. It may be hard to do Touhou, but that's going to be something no one else has done and exciting!

At 5/15/10 01:21 PM, svm wrote: Been working on mine for a bit. Coming along nicely and yes I'm keeping it below or at 30 seconds so don't worry. Just a short skit of Silver and Shadow watching tv. Silver starts complaining to shadow about how no one but Sonic got into brawl. This of course is after some random channeling flipping and then a screen shows a new battle about to begin with Sonic vs Mario. Shadow silences him and just tells him to watch.

Basiclly I'll keep the rest to myself but Silver will think twice about wanting to join brawl after what happens since it's not just a one on one between the two. It's survival and Sonic is the one trying to survive against EVERY character in brawl.

It's short and sweet still so whenever I finish I'll post it here.

Well, it does sound interesting and funny, but have you improved since your last animations? As I said, with a lot the talent joining up and the standards of the collab, I'm only taken high quality.

I'm not saying you aren't capable of it, I just want to make sure that you're producing that kind of work. Do up a quick example of what you're able to produce now.

At 5/15/10 02:57 PM, Aguproductions wrote:
100th Post!
So ah, I have no idea for my next part, maybe later xD

Take your time, man. Quality over quantity after all!

-------------------
Okay, as a major point: when you make your animations and submit them, make sure to name your vcams and files correctly. What ends up happening is I have to rename a lot of things so that they don't get deleted and over write something else from either your previews submissions or someone else's. This is very time consuming and difficult to do sometimes.

Agu, with yours, your original VCam and Mario, and Naruto's Mario overwrote each other and the animations messed up, for example. Don't worry, I fixed everything, but I don't want it to keep happening. Just put your animation name in front of your sound files, move clips, animations, etc so that nothing gets replaced by accident and there aren't duplicates.

Other than that, everything has been going excellent and no major issues as of yet. I'm currently testing different audio qualities versus publish size. I want to have as many entries as possible and keep the audio top quality as well while at the same time keeping the size under 10MB. While I'm sure Tom would be more than happy to give us a larger upload limit, it's just less "messy" doing it under 10MB.

Excellent job so far, everyone. I love the randomness of some of the entries thus far and look forward to seeing more. I have today and tomorrow off, mostly, so I will be working on this some more. Wyldfyre1 is having me re-master his entries, so they will be his, but I will end up being the animator for them, which is fine.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-15 16:22:06

Here is an updated version - i think it is finished now. I am going to start on the second piece right now.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/35a7 53c42ebbd40864b272c9a9ac1833

I fixed sync for the sounds, and i also added more sounds. Like where he looks up, i am quite pleased with the way it came out. Thanks for the compliments by the way.

And about the backgrounds...i don't really know

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-15 16:58:36

Seeing as I made those back in 06 or 07 I certainly hope I have! I would make something but I'm in the depths of making the skit. If you really need me to I can but I would much rather just finish this off and show it to you. That way you can just see if ya like it or not. If not I'll just post it on youtube or something, no biggy.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-15 18:44:07

At 5/15/10 04:22 PM, RedFX wrote: Here is an updated version - i think it is finished now. I am going to start on the second piece right now.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/35a7 53c42ebbd40864b272c9a9ac1833

I fixed sync for the sounds, and i also added more sounds. Like where he looks up, i am quite pleased with the way it came out. Thanks for the compliments by the way.

And about the backgrounds...i don't really know

Muuuuuuuch better. The flow is smoother and the extra animations with Mario is nicer. So far, so good.

At 5/15/10 04:58 PM, svm wrote: Seeing as I made those back in 06 or 07 I certainly hope I have! I would make something but I'm in the depths of making the skit. If you really need me to I can but I would much rather just finish this off and show it to you. That way you can just see if ya like it or not. If not I'll just post it on youtube or something, no biggy.

Well, in that case, go ahead and make the skit and submit it. If there's anything else I'd like to see with them, I will definitely let you know.

-----------------
Also, I meant previous submissions not previews submissions...I really should read things before hitting "Post it!".

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-15 19:20:42

Oh, and in addition, what do you think about this kind of set up for the Bio pages? There will be a back and forth option on the bottom for additional artists.

In the animation, the background will be moving.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 00:25:38

One last post for the night...

How do you guys feel about something like this for the main menu section. Obviously there will be fashionable buttons for "Play", "Authors/Bios", and "Scenes".

It took me quite a while to draw these two up and I do want to use them somehow, but if you guys want someone else to do up a different menu selection, that's all good with me, too. I just want to use those two angels in it some how.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 00:27:10

At 5/15/10 07:20 PM, Sunrie wrote: Oh, and in addition, what do you think about this kind of set up for the Bio pages? There will be a back and forth option on the bottom for additional artists.

In the animation, the background will be moving.

Looks fine to me man. My animation got a bit held up today since my voice actors had to take a bit of the day to do something. Voice actors aren't a issue right? Just would rather be safe then sorry lol. Other then that everything is setup. Just gotta piece it together now.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 00:31:16

I really don't like the Anime menu type thing. I feel it is too random and i think it should be a sprite menu, you know?

But in the end it's your decision.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 00:55:38

At 5/15/10 07:20 PM, Sunrie wrote: Oh, and in addition, what do you think about this kind of set up for the Bio pages? There will be a back and forth option on the bottom for additional artists.

Ah... To be honest, I think the Background is way too big and therefor look very bad and the logo have some small blue chroma key on it.

May I do the bio page?

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 00:58:24

At 5/16/10 12:31 AM, RedFX wrote: I really don't like the Anime menu type thing. I feel it is too random and i think it should be a sprite menu, you know?

But in the end it's your decision.

Hmm...point taken. Always up for a change in everything. Not like I couldn't use them for something else.

I do have some custom pixel art (game style) of some angel type characters I could use.

At 5/16/10 12:55 AM, Aguproductions wrote:
Ah... To be honest, I think the Background is way too big and therefor look very bad and the logo have some small blue chroma key on it.

May I do the bio page?

Oh, the frame I know about, it was just a mock up. I have a better version of that frame, actually.

Yeah, do a mock up of the Bio Page you have a vision of.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 02:33:45

Here's my bio:
Name:Joseph Wirick (AKA:OutcastLabs)
Animating sprites because:I was influenced by many of the sprite
animations I've seen on Newgrounds.
Note:I've decided to join this collab, because I've seen the first "Holy Sprites".

Picture:
self-portrait

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 03:05:01

Here's an example of a more sprite based menu. This is very rough and I'm still trying to figure out how to give him a "far hand" that disappears when he points to the menu. I can't get it to do it correctly.

HS2 - Pokemon Trainer Menu - Mock Up 1

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 03:36:29

Err... not what i had in mind either, mind if i take a try at making a menu? I'll just need to know what buttons you need on it. I'm guessing Play, Scene Selection, and Bios?

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 03:54:54

Yeah, just those three.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 03:55:59

Damn having to double post...

I think Agu is working on an intro as well.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 05:21:03

Soooo.....You have to make your own Bio? With picture and everything?
To the Bio Selection?

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 06:39:56

I think Agu is working on an intro as well.

Nah, I quit.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 07:04:28

Bio portotype
My bio layout.
It's only a prototype, so the grapics sux so Sunrie, you need to grapics change. That blurry thing is suposed to be a preview of the user's best skit. By that I mean his favourite skit or something. Also I didn't had any ideas for the bio so go ahead Sunrie and make it.
So, without more talking:
THE SWF
So guys, what-do-you think?

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 14:55:33

Here is what i whipped up for the intro:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0d6c 2a6252456cdef7be685aff9719ed

Sorry it didn't come out so well, i kind of rushed it, but you get the just if it. Tell me what you guys think about it and if i should continue with the Bios and what not.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 15:19:57

At 5/16/10 02:55 PM, RedFX wrote: Here is what i whipped up for the intro:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0d6c 2a6252456cdef7be685aff9719ed

Sorry it didn't come out so well, i kind of rushed it, but you get the just if it. Tell me what you guys think about it and if i should continue with the Bios and what not.

COOL! Love It! Great song and Nice background
Keep it going!!!

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 16:07:03

I've finished my third entry which is after AguProduction's 2nd entry.
FLA
SWF

And I heard someone said something about 4 entries instead of 3. I'll give it a go!

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 16:14:58

At 5/16/10 04:07 PM, OutcastLabs wrote: I've finished my third entry which is after AguProduction's 2nd entry.
FLA
SWF

And I heard someone said something about 4 entries instead of 3. I'll give it a go!

Well since you posted the *.FLA, Can I have the Mario sprites?

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-16 16:30:40

Ohhh no you don't! Stealing effects is just one thing, but, this?! You're just being jealous.