00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

127,933 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-31 00:02:20

I will most likely get this game, as long as the single player blows me away and the multiplayer is fun. As MW2 delivered both, I have high hopes for this. And I can't wait for the inevitable Modern Warfare Thr-

At 5/30/10 11:44 PM, Gustavos wrote: But it's a shame that there won't be a Modern Warfare 3.

NO >:O

I want to see Soap and Price die a horrible death as the American protagonist dances on their dead bodies!

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-31 01:53:06

Just put $5 down to pre-order my copy, and got a really nice poster as a result :3

Also, here's to hoping that the killstreaks are toned down a bit so the average Joe doesn't go 50-0 every game.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-31 02:08:09

At 5/31/10 01:53 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Just put $5 down to pre-order my copy, and got a really nice poster as a result :3

Ooh, I love posters to put on my walls. I think I'll preorder this game.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-31 07:48:45

At 5/30/10 11:44 PM, Gustavos wrote: The MP40? You mean the submachine gun owned by Nazi Germany?

No, the MP44 was another name for the STG-44 rifle.

It's a shame it probably won't be in it, I loved it in WaW.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-31 08:06:35

Found an article anaylisign the trailer and rumours and stuff
Seems pretty good, and I hope there's more stealth missions. I always loved the bits where you take out guards without the others noticing much more than just blowing stuff up.

Anyway, here's the article

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-31 14:42:00

At 5/30/10 11:44 PM, Gustavos wrote: Not just a bunch of guys running and gunning guys with weapons that actually are inferior in real life.

Actually, the guns in the video game are far inferior than their real life counter parts for this simple reason alone.

No Hit Points in real life. A bullet goes through yer skull and out the other side, splashing the walls with gray brain matter, you don't get to duck behind some sand bags and heal it over. A 9mm round can take you down in a single shot. A .50 cal to the chest, despite body armour, will fucking kill you, not have you go "oh... I think I got shot... cover time!".

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-31 15:26:04

At 5/31/10 02:42 PM, sinfulwolf wrote:
No Hit Points in real life. A bullet goes through yer skull and out the other side,

Unless of course it hits the Kevlar helmets that the US army wears. Those can, in fact, stop a bullet from an assault rifle, but will normally get blown off by any caliber off. Still, the bullet won't drill through it, and the guy can get a concussion as a worst case scenario. And people have gotten shot in the face and lived. In the brain...not so much.

A 9mm round can take you down in a single shot.

If you're naked and you bleed out with nobody to help you, yes. But 9mm rounds are pretty overrated. They're very good bullets designed for very good sidearms, but a limb shot won't be fatal, even if that wound is cared for. A kidney shot, a lucky heart shot, or a headshot are your only chances if you all you have is a 9mm pistol. Otherwise you'll just be a sitting duck slowing down your enemies and not killing them.

A .50 cal to the chest, despite body armour, will fucking kill you,

Affirmative. Unless it doesn't pass through any bones or organs (unlikely). If that's the case, all you have to worry about is bleeding out.

not have you go "oh... I think I got shot... cover time!".

Even Call of Duty's Veteran Mode isn't totally realistic. But hey, at least we're not doing all this in real life. War is hell.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-31 15:29:03

At 5/31/10 07:48 AM, IrishGun wrote:
At 5/30/10 11:44 PM, Gustavos wrote: The MP40? You mean the submachine gun owned by Nazi Germany?
No, the MP44 was another name for the STG-44 rifle.

It's a shame it probably won't be in it, I loved it in WaW.

Ahh, never heard it with that name before. I believe the AK-47's model was based on the STG. It may not be in service for the Soviet Union at that time, but hey, if they're still using AKs today (I kind of don't believe that), which are now 70 years old, than we may see the STG in this game.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-31 15:30:07

At 5/27/10 02:54 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Did you read any of the original post? Not to be an asshole but it's listed right there. Anyway, it is releasing on November 9th, 2010.

My bad, I just skipped to the fifth page to post my super important opinion.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-05 17:05:08

At 5/31/10 03:26 PM, Gustavos wrote:
No Hit Points in real life. A bullet goes through yer skull and out the other side,
Unless of course it hits the Kevlar helmets that the US army wears. Those can, in fact, stop a bullet from an assault rifle, but will normally get blown off by any caliber off. Still, the bullet won't drill through it, and the guy can get a concussion as a worst case scenario. And people have gotten shot in the face and lived. In the brain...not so much.

Assault rifle bullets can indeed go through Kevlar helmets, as they originally designed to stop Shrapnel. An 7.62mm round can go through those helmets. The much more important protection is the ballistic plates covering the torso. And yes, people have lived through miraculous things.

A 9mm round can take you down in a single shot.
If you're naked and you bleed out with nobody to help you, yes. But 9mm rounds are pretty overrated. They're very good bullets designed for very good sidearms, but a limb shot won't be fatal, even if that wound is cared for. A kidney shot, a lucky heart shot, or a headshot are your only chances if you all you have is a 9mm pistol. Otherwise you'll just be a sitting duck slowing down your enemies and not killing them.

If you get shot in the femoral artery you can easily bleed out if not cared for quickly enough. Hit any arteries in the limbs and someone can bleed out if they don't get treated. 9mm are good for close quarters, as much further than 50m (at least with a pistol, could be further for SMGs... don't have much training with them) it'll pretty much bounce off... maybe break skin. But up close, getting shot with 9mm round could easily kill you.

A .50 cal to the chest, despite body armour, will fucking kill you,
Affirmative. Unless it doesn't pass through any bones or organs (unlikely). If that's the case, all you have to worry about is bleeding out.

If you get hit in the chest you're pretty much screwed. Too many organs, and the ribs in there. However, I've seen a man live after getting hit in the gut with a .50 cal machine gun. Lucky fuck.

not have you go "oh... I think I got shot... cover time!".
Even Call of Duty's Veteran Mode isn't totally realistic. But hey, at least we're not doing all this in real life. War is hell.

War is hell, and yer right, it's not totally realistic. But that's not the point, video games shouldn't be too realistic as they'll drive most of the core audience away. My original comment was that video game guns are not inferior to their video game counterparts.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-05 17:11:09

My dad works as a graphic designer at a printing company and they're currently working on Black Ops posters. He said he hasn't found one yet, but if he does he's going to get me one. They're huge, high quality 48 x 24 inch posters. Be jealous.

I'll post picks if / when I get one.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-05 20:27:14

At 6/5/10 05:11 PM, Makeshift wrote: My dad works as a graphic designer at a printing company and they're currently working on Black Ops posters. He said he hasn't found one yet, but if he does he's going to get me one. They're huge, high quality 48 x 24 inch posters. Be jealous.

I'll post picks if / when I get one.

the double sided ones they've been advertising?

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-05 20:35:37

At 6/5/10 08:27 PM, sinfulwolf wrote: the double sided ones they've been advertising?

Maybe. I'm not sure what it looks like. Link me to this double sided poster?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-05 20:36:52

stuff

If it was like that it would be just as bad as Operation Flashpoint.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-05 23:09:42

At 6/5/10 08:35 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/5/10 08:27 PM, sinfulwolf wrote: the double sided ones they've been advertising?

the double sided ones are stupid gamestop pre-order shit things.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-07 09:57:29

At 6/5/10 11:09 PM, Fezz wrote:
At 6/5/10 08:35 PM, Makeshift wrote:
the double sided ones are stupid gamestop pre-order shit things.

What Fezz said, and there's no images online for them.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-07 15:04:51

i really cant wait for cod7!! maybe they'll do instead of nazi zombies they do VIETNAMESE ZOMBIES :D that would be epic!! you could kill them by taking of their flat hats and maybe even slice them and chop them with it only if they're made of hard wood SO COOL!! they better make more use of a machete too so you can get more stabbing and i hope they MAKE TROPHIES for the machete because i love using the knife on 'nam losers. they are complete losers and im ready to own!!

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-14 12:06:09

http://e3.gamersguidetolife.com/2010/06/
upcoming-activision-game-soundtracks-to.
html

Apparently a lot of popular artists are going to be in the CoD: Black Ops sound track. One of those people is Eminem and I'm really gay for him so I will buy the game regardless of if it sucks or not.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-14 12:15:57

At 6/14/10 12:06 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: http://e3.gamersguidetolife.com/2010/06/
html
Usher, Eminem, Soundgarden and David Guetta,

Wtf, this is getting stupid now. I totally understand music from that era, it really fits and gives immersion, but fucking shit man, come one now....Usher?

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-14 12:23:11

At 6/14/10 12:06 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Usher, Eminem, Soundgarden and David Guetta

So when you're flying over Vietnam in a helicopter you'll be hearing this? Usher?!

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-14 12:24:02

At 6/14/10 12:15 PM, Fezz wrote:
At 6/14/10 12:06 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: http://e3.gamersguidetolife.com/2010/06/
html
Usher, Eminem, Soundgarden and David Guetta,
Wtf, this is getting stupid now. I totally understand music from that era, it really fits and gives immersion, but fucking shit man, come one now....Usher?

Hopefully they will be in the DJ Hero games. I don't think they fully specified which artists is going where. I can understand Eminem though considering a lot of his songs have to do with struggle and have amazing beats. He was also used to promote MW2 so yeah.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-14 12:52:46

At 6/14/10 12:15 PM, Fezz wrote: Wtf, this is getting stupid now. I totally understand music from that era, it really fits and gives immersion, but fucking shit man, come one now....Usher?

Wait, nevermind, it's Eminem, that's even stupider.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-14 16:13:35

I hope this time we really get something better than cod mw.
I have every single cod game except the first one and I have to say, after playing mw, I am a bit dissapointed from what came after.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-18 20:43:21

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-06-18 23:51:09

At 6/18/10 08:43 PM, Fezz wrote: "5 Questions I'd Ask Treyarch If They Had the Balls to Answer Them."

Awesome article.

All I read was "bitch bitch bitch". Nitpicking all the problems that THEY have a problem with. I don't even want to argue with these questions because they're so stupid.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-07-04 16:22:29

At 6/18/10 11:51 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 6/18/10 08:43 PM, Fezz wrote: "5 Questions I'd Ask Treyarch If They Had the Balls to Answer Them."

Awesome article.
All I read was "bitch bitch bitch". Nitpicking all the problems that THEY have a problem with. I don't even want to argue with these questions because they're so stupid.

Yeah, that entire article was a big bag of fail. The only half - decent point they made was that it's still at this point unclear as to how co-op will be implemented.
Protip: Any statement wherein one of the central arguments is that noobtubes are underpowered is logically contradictory and can therefor be entirely disregarded.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-07-04 23:48:42

always wanted to try a cod vietnam game....

dude

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-07-05 02:57:47

At 6/5/10 08:36 PM, ZOMGALIENS wrote:
stuff
If it was like that it would be just as bad as Operation Flashpoint.

what are you talking about operation flashpoint was great game

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-08 18:57:20

Needs a plot twist to tie in zombies and I'll buy it. WaW was great for the zombies.

i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-08 20:33:34

Awesome article.

That article really wasn't awesome in any way. I have to agree with what Gustavos said, and also add that them complaining about the World at War co-op not counting towards "anything" is ridiculous. Games aren't meant to be played solely for achievements, and the "completion" would be finishing the campaign in co-op. The article is not only foolish complaints that everyone notices, but also extremely short and invaluable to any human being. Besides you, I suppose.

Now, this article is a bit old, so I'm sure some of you have seen it, but for those who haven't and are interested in what will come out of the multiplayer, I suggest you take a look. It basically explains what the difference will be between Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer and Black Ops' multiplayer. Sounds like they will actually be making some improvements, but this is exactly what I thought when Call of Duty 4 was popular and World at War was in the works.

>

BBS Signature