00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games that made you laugh?

3,585 Views | 45 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 12:01:57

Has there ever been a moment in a video game where you laughed? It's not really common for me for a game to make me laugh but I would have to say the Cd-i games got a great laugh out of me. My second choice is SBCG4AP ( Strong Bad's Cool game for attractive people) as it was supposed to be funny. How about you?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 12:06:48

Pac-Man World 3 put me in hysterics because it was Pac-Man's birthday and he and Mrs. Pac-man had retarded discussions.

Here's the link.

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 12:12:29

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Where that guy has Diarrhea.

Not really.

But seriously, everytime I see a Tekken match and some guy uses a character who can punch or kick the opponent twenty feet into the air, I just find it hilarious.

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 12:57:59

Shame on you guys for not immediately thinking of Conker's Bad Fur Day. And Banjo Kazooie's innocent smart-mouthing dialogue made me smile. The Mario RPG games all have a few cheeky lines. And Fallout 3 has some awesomely glitchy moments. Like shooting a Raider from afar with a pistol, than he shoots up 300 feet in the air by magic. My next shot finds the Raider's head again in the air, and I watched his bloody mess parts fall to the ground.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 13:10:02

Pretty much every moment wandering around in Saints Row 2. You have to love the sheer amount of chaos going on, even when you're not the one causing it.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 13:52:19

Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King.

Just because theres a scene where the main character is blindfolded and sitting down and some woman is rubbing two slimes against his head and he's just smiling away, and all you can do is laugh and imagine him thinking the girl is rubbing her boobs against him.

Silly but hilarious.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 14:08:27

At 4/8/10 01:54 PM, Jawdyn wrote: Me and my brother used to piss ourselves laughing watching Steiner from Final Fantasy IX crash into the roof of a building in one of the earliest cut-scenes in the game.

God he was funny. I used to just laugh whenever he had a scene. Listening to the noise of his armour and his terribly protective way on everything. He made the game worth playing.

Also I just remembered a scene from Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box that had me laughing quite a bit, enough that I had to capture a photo of it. Maybe because it was full of pedo hints and I appreciated that humour, or just the hidden implications.

So Layton and his young apprentice Luke are investigating Laytons old mentors death and they run into Inspector Chelmey at the crime scene, and he naturally asks them a few questions about everything and says;

"Interesting. So, if I understand correctly, you keep a child around as an 'apprentice', do you?"

Oh how I smiled.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 14:09:14

i can't remember playing 1 game without giving me any moment where i laugh. i can list some of my favorites:

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
somehow these brothers always come with a funny comment or insult to the other. always crack me up xD but one of my favorite scenes is when Ray is about to shoot a man until William interrupt. it goes something like this:

William: Stop Ray! remember the word of God: You shall not kill...
Ray: It's a little bit late for that!
William: Ray. if you kill him, you will burn for all eternity...
Ray: Even though what you say is true, it's to late for me anyway.
William: It's not to late! The Lord will forgive you.
Ray: The Lord... Forgive me?
William: Yes.
Ray: A cold bloded murderer?
William: Yes.
*Ray Shoot the man*
Ray: Well hell... Thats good to know.

Brutal Legends
some of the conversations are so hillarious xD

*Eddie, Lars and his sister comming to the Kill Master to heal Ophelia*
Kill Master: oh What the hell?
Lars: Nobel Kill Master. This woman...
Kill Master: Didn't you see the sign? We don't like visitors up here.
Lars: But she is dying...
Kill Master: yeah so what is her excuse? (pointing to Lars sister)
Lars: I beg of you... Heal this woman who wanted only to free her sisters from the grip of general Lionwhite!
Kill Master: ah your fighting Lionwhite... Why didn't you say so i hate that bastard.

i don't bother write down more funny conversations lol

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 14:32:38

At 4/8/10 01:52 PM, Gagsy wrote: Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King.

Just because theres a scene where the main character is blindfolded and sitting down and some woman is rubbing two slimes against his head and he's just smiling away, and all you can do is laugh and imagine him thinking the girl is rubbing her boobs against him.

Silly but hilarious.

Wow, a Newgrounds member other then me has actually played this game? I saw that scene and was rather amused. Of course, it wasn't the hero who I put in the puff puff chair. Go ahead and guess who I used.

Speaking of Dragon Quest VIII, this one moment in it I laughed pretty hard at was when King Clavius(Argonia) was telling his son, Prince Charmless, about Princess Medea's looks. Then, he did the Va Va Voom thing on Jessica. That scene was so unexpected and hilarious!

A lot of the conversations in Metal gear Solid 2 were funny. Can't think of one off the bat though...

._.

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 14:57:36

At 4/8/10 02:32 PM, Liteice wrote:
Wow, a Newgrounds member other then me has actually played this game? I saw that scene and was rather amused. Of course, it wasn't the hero who I put in the puff puff chair. Go ahead and guess who I used.

Not only did I play it, but I fucking loved it! Truly one of the greatest rpgs ever imo.

Also I'm going to say you used Jessica.

Speaking of Dragon Quest VIII, this one moment in it I laughed pretty hard at was when King Clavius(Argonia) was telling his son, Prince Charmless, about Princess Medea's looks. Then, he did the Va Va Voom thing on Jessica. That scene was so unexpected and hilarious!

I sadly cannot remember this scene :( I do remember that whole Prince Charmless part though. Wasn't he like a fat brat who everyone wanted Medea to marry? YEAH SHE ONLY HAD EYES FOR OUR HERO.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 15:21:05

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 15:32:02

At 4/8/10 02:57 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 4/8/10 02:32 PM, Liteice wrote:
Not only did I play it, but I fucking loved it! Truly one of the greatest rpgs ever imo.

Also I'm going to say you used Jessica.

Damn right it is. I just don't get why people are always talking about Final Fantasy and never about any of the Dragon Quest games. They're all really good and fun, along with memorable. VIII in particular. It had so many memorable and interesting characters. I hope SquareEnix makes another game like it. Something truly amazing and memorable.

Yeah... I couldn't help myself, honestly. The girl is basically a walking pile of fan service and just about every outfit she wears changes her appearance into a brand new fan service outfit. Although interestingly enough her character is quite sophisticated and rather interesting.

I sadly cannot remember this scene :( I do remember that whole Prince Charmless part though. Wasn't he like a fat brat who everyone wanted Medea to marry? YEAH SHE ONLY HAD EYES FOR OUR HERO.

Yup, that's Charmles for ya. A crude lying nasty little dough-boy who everyone loves to hate. I loved how he got his just desserts at the end of the game, the little prick.

._.

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 15:49:30

Brutal legand and bad company 1

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 23:04:30

There were some parts of Bad Company 2 where I chuckled. But outright laughed? Conker's Bad Fur Day for sure. I still remember the revamp on the Xbox in the prologue level where the gargoyle breaks the fourth wall. They did break the fourth wall a lot in that game.

Dragon Age also had some laughable moments, especially some of the banter between party members.

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 23:07:07

Remember when Halo 3 first came out, and sometimes when assassinate someone (or melee kill them) they would sometimes fly 30 feet in the air?

Now, the terms of writing, Resident evil for psone, now that was hilarious.

Ignore my picture and contribute to the NG wiki!

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 23:13:44

Psychonauts
Grim Fandango
Brutal Legend
FF series (on occasion)
Metal Gear Solid series
Disgaea
Anything by Naughty Dog
Some things by Insomniac
MediEvil

I'm sure there are other games that have made me laugh, but I'm not very good at pulling names.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-08 23:32:23

At 4/8/10 01:10 PM, Kunera wrote: Pretty much every moment wandering around in Saints Row 2. You have to love the sheer amount of chaos going on, even when you're not the one causing it.

The pedestrians talking, seriously.

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 00:13:30

Well the few that made me laugh is GTA4, Saints Row 2 and Overlord 2. I don't know what it is but there is just something funny about a mob of minions running around harassing and killing people, and I think that games like GTA is funny because some of the stuff that happens in missions and just waking around. Same goes for SR2.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 00:44:40

At 4/8/10 01:52 PM, Gagsy wrote: Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King.

Silly but hilarious.

Dragon Quest 8 is probably the greatest RPG i've ever played

I prefer it over FF7 even

Great story and great cast, plus it uses some of it's more sexual content humorously

Apparently you forget shes a blue skinned succubus because she has big tits

:But pussy is pussy

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 00:51:48

Grand theft auto: SA, because it's just crazy.

Walk down the street and cars are crashing everywhere, stuff is blowing up, and cops are chasing down cars shooting at them.

and then I pull out my bazooka

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 01:02:34

At 4/9/10 12:51 AM, elementell wrote: Walk down the street and cars are crashing everywhere, stuff is blowing up, and cops are chasing down cars shooting at them.

Well that sounds like an average day in any american city lol. But I know another game that made me laugh was Oblivion. Only because when the guards try to arrest me for my wrong do'ings I would kill one and be like "Ain't so tough now are ya bitch!"

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 02:25:30

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 06:16:46

Good ol' Grim Fandango and Curse of the Monkey Island. Oh and also Armed And Dangerous- pretty funny game.

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 06:47:09

Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 07:19:57

Gonna have to go with Left 4 Dead. The sheer number of epic fail moments on the game's multiplayer is still making me laugh today!

Want a review lemme know! Collab, remix, tips, whatever, just get in touch.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 07:24:08

Psychonauts. Funny dialogue.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 10:50:07

At 4/9/10 07:58 AM, rorypearce94 wrote: I loved the original bad company trailer, when the voice over guy gets shot. For some reason I find the racial stereotypes in midnight club 2 pretty dammn funny, as well as naming a metapod penis and making it use harden.

Just reading that made me laugh lol. Yeah there are some pretty funny moments in pokemon, but also last time I was on live I saw somebody with the sn ArmoredTaint I laughed a little bit when I saw that.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 21:39:46

The Matrix Path of Neo. There was a bug where my guy kept sheathing and unsheathing his katana super fast and it looked like he saw sawing his balls off.

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 21:55:52

At 4/8/10 01:53 PM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Ratchet & Clank series can sometimes generate lols.

I agree, very humorous series.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that made you laugh? 2010-04-09 22:00:55