00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bleiben-bleib just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why do some people hate Nintendo?

4,082 Views | 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-03 19:02:38

At 3/27/10 09:13 AM, Timchik wrote: See?

Your post made me mad. Not like pissy mad, but real anger to the heart. Why are you one of those people who single out a console, for to make yourself look cool?
I just don't want to go into a fucking rant, on fact that I'll resort to obscene words from my poor grammatical and wording. Then i'll get banned.

OH NOES

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-03 20:30:14

At 3/24/10 12:51 PM, MehAwesomeness wrote: I once said to somebody that i don't have an xbox 360 or a PS3 and he said: "well what consoles do you have?" and then i said: " an N64 and gamecube." then he said "HAHA! FUCKING PUSSY!!!"

So i don't quite understand why people think that having a nintendo console or a sega console makes you a pussy. just because it doesn't have mature content doesn't mean i play with toys and cry to my mum when i've got a cut on my thumb.

Have you ever had this problem?

Yes mainly because Nintendo isn't that popular as microsoft and sony. Microsoft has several extensions off of the xbox360 and soon there will be project natal which is another added bonus. The Wii has some requirements such as a controller, a distance, and batteries. Project Natal would use your body as the controller. For the PS3 we have a free connection system that costs nothing that is like the wii. Although, you could compare any ps3 game to a mmo since there is usually around 50k+ playing during the day. Nintendo is a has been in many eyes.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-03 20:38:34

At 3/26/10 09:56 PM, DePrati wrote: Now that I think about it....has nintendo ever made a rated M game?

They published Perfect Dark and Eternal Darkness, but that's it.

Exit, pursued by a bear - Shakespearean stage direction - The Winter's Tale

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-04 11:45:46

troll harder

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-05 16:51:59

Because it's cool to hate the mainstream. Bro, I only like niche titles.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-05 22:29:18

At 4/3/10 08:38 PM, huntarus wrote:
At 3/26/10 09:56 PM, DePrati wrote: Now that I think about it....has nintendo ever made a rated M game?
They published Perfect Dark and Eternal Darkness, but that's it.

They also had Conker's Bad Fur Day and Geist.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-06 03:00:41

At 3/24/10 12:51 PM, MehAwesomeness wrote: I once said to somebody that i don't have an xbox 360 or a PS3 and he said: "well what consoles do you have?" and then i said: " an N64 and gamecube." then he said "HAHA! FUCKING PUSSY!!!"

So i don't quite understand why people think that having a nintendo console or a sega console makes you a pussy. just because it doesn't have mature content doesn't mean i play with toys and cry to my mum when i've got a cut on my thumb.

Have you ever had this problem?

I don't hate Nintendo, I just hate the Wii because the graphics are fucking horrible. The N64 was no doubt the best console of all time though and the Gamecube was an amazing console as well.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-06 03:43:56

I can think of a few reason why players hate Nintendo is that they keep coming out with the same thing just made better in some way. For example the Nintendo DS then after the Nintendo DS they made the DSI and now there making a newer DS with just a bigger screen. I think players just think that Nintendo is trying to find a easy way to make money with out doing much (what i think any ways)

I still play Nintendo games and i Do have a Wii and a DS so don't think i only play xbox and ps3 games.(even though i don't have a xbox360 or ps3 )Also people that play on different system like the way that the games are made for that system.

Also i know people that have a xbox360 and ps3 and they are nice people to. So to me it dose not matter what system they have just who they are.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-06 04:09:53

The game over thinker has covered this subject before. A good amount of haters of Nintendo and so on simply hate the stuff because it's colorful and seemingly kiddy. They would hate on Kirby simply for being pink. They hate JRPG's simply for existing. It's sad really, if they opened their minds a bit and stopped acting like such cunts they might find they like things like Mario, Zelda, or even maybe Dragon Quest.

lol

Why do some people hate Nintendo?

._.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-06 07:57:09

Because they think any nintendo console is for little children.

most of the nintendo games dont have that much violence, and they also think that the ps3 and xbox are "Superior"

:O

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-12 05:20:10

At 3/24/10 12:58 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Nope, I've never had this problem (I don't own any Nintendo consoles).

It's because Nintendo consoles typically contain games which don't contain overly violent or mature content, and therefore not percieved as masculine. And if you don't like sport, racing or FPS games then you're not a man, apparently. Also they're fairly old consoles, therefore percieved as 'GAAAYYY'.

Just ignore idiots like this. They're the casual jocks that are souring imagination and originality within the game industry.

The same with me. I can't stand ppl goin on about halo and gta 4 all the time. They are assholes. All they like to do is blow crap up and kill things. It is like games that actually look at games unlike this who are good. If they look at both nintendo consoles and ps3 and xbox and actually like stuff out of all of them, i would be happy. My friends annoy me cos i like mario. I hate it. They are not true gamers. I don't have a ps3 or xbox. I don't plan on getting one. The wii is perfectly fine thank you. And not all of us care about flashy graphics and killing ppl. They don't give a crap about older games as well. I just hope they will shut up and realise why nintendo is good and games don't have to have great graphics and guns on every corner.

GO WEEGEE! :)

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-12 05:22:17

Sony is good too but i prefer nintendo. I would throw a xbox out of my window if i see 1.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-12 05:24:57

In fact out of sony and microsoft. sony would be best since u don't have to pay for online gaming. The same with nintendo as well and they have wiiware and virtual console which is great.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-12 05:26:54

At 4/12/10 05:22 AM, Drweegee64 wrote: Sony is good too but i prefer nintendo. I would throw a xbox out of my window if i see 1.

I don't see why people whinge so much between Xbox and Sony. I have both, the graphics are close, the handsets are similar, and everything's basically the same. Except what the system looks like. I dont see how humans can possibly differentiate so much between the two.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-12 05:40:31

At 4/12/10 05:26 AM, iCurrie wrote:
At 4/12/10 05:22 AM, Drweegee64 wrote: Sony is good too but i prefer nintendo. I would throw a xbox out of my window if i see 1.
I don't see why people whinge so much between Xbox and Sony. I have both, the graphics are close, the handsets are similar, and everything's basically the same. Except what the system looks like. I dont see how humans can possibly differentiate so much between the two.

What i was saying is that i am just fed up of xbox talk. It drives me crazy. I don't hear alot about ps3 anymore. But i think ps3 is better cos online is free.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-12 05:47:23

I dislike the Wii's range of games, but not the Wii, but thats like most consoles, its just that Wii gets a lot more shovel ware, I guess.

I love nintendo, and I play my N64 more than any other console still to this day, I buy a new game for it as often as possible and the xbox 360 (my personal most dominant new generation console) I'll buy games for once a month. I'm still a 'true' gamer, I think. I've got 30k Gamerscore, I own nearly every console from most generations and I play games constantly... That includes DS, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3.

All consoles are good in there own way. Ofcourse, this info is told ALL the time.

(Oh and I'm 15, so yeah, that's why I'm still playing nintendo heaps more than most people, I'm still catching up. Only got my hands on Pokemon Stadium 2 last week...)

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-12 05:53:12

At 3/27/10 09:13 AM, Timchik wrote: Hey, Nintendo and Sony both rock!
Boo Xbox!

Sony: Tekken 5, Final Fantasy, Katamari
Nintendo: NSMB Wii, SSBB, SMB3 on wi shop channel

See?

Sony: Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Solid (though I personally hate it, I see its merits), Little Big Planet.
Nintendo: SSBB, SMGalaxy, Twilight Princess, Warioware. NSMB and SMB3 aren't listed as games to me, remakes or re-releases =/= console better.
XBox: Also has Katamari and Final Fantasy (though over 5 disks), Halo (I know I'll get flamed for this, but it isn't that great, its still fun), Alan Wake (yet to see if this is good), Mass Effect (well, its exclusive over the consoles, PC has it too)

etc etc etc.

Every console has its merits, every console has good games in their own ways. I personally prefer the XBOX due to its game range, yet I love HEAVY RAIN (one of my favourite games) and SMGalaxy. Stop saying a console is better than another, they are all incomparable because each has merits and crap.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-12 05:55:27

At 4/12/10 05:40 AM, Drweegee64 wrote: What i was saying is that i am just fed up of xbox talk. It drives me crazy. I don't hear alot about ps3 anymore. But i think ps3 is better cos online is free.

I agree its better that the Sony is free. But Xbox Live has a better online community, and its also a similar console for around $200 less, so there around 2 years of online straight away. The consoles dont last much longer than that anyway before they're shafted.

But I wont start having this discussion, they never end well, aha.

At the end of the day, Microsoft are out to make money. And by charging for online play which everyone is taking part in, their goal is met. So, they win :)

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-12 07:47:15

As awesome as Goldeneye and Mario were, the Wii is a bit pants. My sister has one and her only decent game is Super Mario Bros. It's just exactly the same as the DS version except you can have 4 player games.

Anything they come up with or get ported will never be as good as the best of the PS3 games. And Wii Fit just makes you look stupid.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-12 10:43:57

At 3/24/10 01:16 PM, Yokumashu wrote: I generally find people who ONLY own a 360 or PS3 to be assholes.

Nintendo isn't bad, but the Wii isn't really designed for real gamers as much as it is for casual gamers. The gamecude was awesome, and it's controller still rapes the shit out of the PS3 and 306 controllers IMO.

Are you Serious? IT WAS LIKE FUCKING LEGO!!
I DON'T HAVE 3 FUCKING HANDS! DO YOU?

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-12 10:51:31

At 4/12/10 10:43 AM, phrozonfire wrote: Are you Serious?

I have to completely agree here. The Nintendo controllers have a history of being pretty shitty. Nintendo 64 wasnt exactly the best. Gamecube was definately the worst to date. The Wii is a mild improvement. And the Super Nintendo was okay too.

But god. Nintendo are lacking in controllers. I love Nintendo, but geez.