00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SnowPounder just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why do some people hate Nintendo?

4,080 Views | 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-24 12:51:44

I once said to somebody that i don't have an xbox 360 or a PS3 and he said: "well what consoles do you have?" and then i said: " an N64 and gamecube." then he said "HAHA! FUCKING PUSSY!!!"

So i don't quite understand why people think that having a nintendo console or a sega console makes you a pussy. just because it doesn't have mature content doesn't mean i play with toys and cry to my mum when i've got a cut on my thumb.

Have you ever had this problem?

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-24 13:16:40

I generally find people who ONLY own a 360 or PS3 to be assholes.

Nintendo isn't bad, but the Wii isn't really designed for real gamers as much as it is for casual gamers. The gamecude was awesome, and it's controller still rapes the shit out of the PS3 and 306 controllers IMO.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-24 13:30:42

At 3/24/10 01:16 PM, Yokumashu wrote: designed for real gamers as much as it is for casual gamers.

So, by your logic, a real gamer. REAL. GAMER. Has to spend millions of hours grinding for uber loot. Not someone who likes to sit down and play a game for maybe an hour or two?

Please tell me you're not srs.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-24 13:42:39

At 3/24/10 01:30 PM, VoiceJail wrote: So, by your logic, a real gamer. REAL. GAMER. Has to spend millions of hours grinding for uber loot. Not someone who likes to sit down and play a game for maybe an hour or two?

I'm not saying you need to play a video game for hours to be a gamer. There are only a dozen or so Wii games where i would actually play more than an hour or two. Most Wii games are just shovelware that aren't even worth buying.

Look up a list of Wii games, they're almost all "party games" where you do some kind of nonsense such as throw darts or play pool using a wii-mote. Most Wii games hold my attention for 30 minutes at best.

Also, what kind of game are you talking about where you are grinding for hours on end for uber loot. Sounds like your talking about World of Warcraft to me. I was talking more about action/FPS games on consoles rather than some kind of MMO.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-24 13:44:03

Because they are closed-minded gaming bigots. Which is completely silly.

Some people identify with their consoles to the point of absurdity. You should feel free to like what you like and own what you own without being regarded as less of a person because it does not fit into some persons distorted image of gaming.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-24 13:48:18

They're probably giving you shit because you're playing older consoles, not because their made by Nintendo. Ridiculous, I know, considering the N64 is such an awesome console despite its age.

As an owner of a PS3 and XBOX 360, the only problem I have with Nintendo today is that they're releasing too much hardware and not enough software. I don't give a fuck about a DSi XL Frappuccino, 2.0 Gold Edition - I want some more original games.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-24 14:14:58

At 3/24/10 01:16 PM, Yokumashu wrote: Nintendo isn't bad, but the Wii isn't really designed for real gamers as much as it is for casual gamers.

And what makes a "real" gamer? Someone who only plays shitgrit shooters?

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-24 15:02:59

At 3/24/10 02:14 PM, KeithHybrid wrote:
At 3/24/10 01:16 PM, Yokumashu wrote: Nintendo isn't bad, but the Wii isn't really designed for real gamers as much as it is for casual gamers.
And what makes a "real" gamer? Someone who only plays shitgrit shooters?

There is no such thing as a real gamer. Just people who are better at games than others.
Which game they're good at, doesn't matter.

Someone could pwn me at some Hello Kitty game. That would make them a real gamer.

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-24 16:15:16

a real gamer:
someone who can enjoy and play all consoles and computer and all genres without flaming another console, genre or game...

or at least most of the consoles, games and genres. only genre i'm not that into what most people will call a typical RPG. but there is some RPG's that i like to. Grandia 2, Pokemon Kingdom Hearts and Paper Mario for instance

also no huge fan of Car racing games. i like Gran Turismo and thats pretty much it. also Mario Kart and CTR ofc.

i have actually NEVER enjoyd any form for FPS until last year i guess. Modern Warefare 2 and Team Fortress 2 are my favorites so far.

i will call myself a real gamer lol. you see i like games in genres that i in general don't like.
i also play every console. no fan of the xBox 360 though. most because of the controller. but the online is pure awesome

and i guess the only game i have really hated so far is "Sonic and the Secret Rings"

man that game suck balls...

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-24 16:15:16

I'm guessing you were talking to a young male age 13-25? That group of people dominantly play consoles like the PS3 and the Xbox. They tend to like fast paced, graphically stunning, nitty gritty games. That doesn't mean everyone that fits that age group likes exclusively just those types of games, but generally speaking.

Over the years the Xbox and PlayStation have applied more to the "traditional" gamer and Nintendo more so towards the "Neo Gamer". That doesn't mean that one is better than the other, it's just a different targeted audience. As of late the Xbox and PlayStation have been making more "Neo Gamer" content and games and Nintendo "Traditional Gamer" content and games.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-24 18:36:36

I've never hated a person because of the console they prefer, but I can't say I'm a fan of Nintendo.

It's not so much the games, as it is the lack of games and the over-all childish mentality of the whole system. I don't mean that gore-wise, but play wise. The way they handle playing games over the internet and such...

They lack in graphics and power, they lack in DLC, and a good chunk of their games can't even be played online. I was crushed after finding out I couldn't play Toejam and Earl with a friend over the internet. No online contra? No online Bases Loaded? BOOOOOO!!!!

I really liked the new side-scrolling Mario game, but I can't help but think about how much better it could have been if Microsoft owned Mario. We'd get DLC for new maps and new worlds... but not with Nintendo.

Nintendo doesn't get very many 3rd party games, and when it does they have to be dumbed down. You don't get Dead Space, you get Dead-Space the on-rails shooter. Which is probably a good game in it's own sense... but I like having the ability to play the original retail game.

The system is just too under-powered. You'll never be able to play a game like GTAIV on the wii... you get very little adult oriented games, crummy online capabilities, and a lack of game choices due to poor hardware when you side with Nintendo... so why do it?

I don't know... that's just me I guess.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-25 18:12:55

At 3/24/10 12:51 PM, MehAwesomeness wrote: I once said to somebody that i don't have an xbox 360 or a PS3 and he said: "well what consoles do you have?" and then i said: " an N64 and gamecube." then he said "HAHA! FUCKING PUSSY!!!"

So i don't quite understand why people think that having a nintendo console or a sega console makes you a pussy. just because it doesn't have mature content doesn't mean i play with toys and cry to my mum when i've got a cut on my thumb.

Have you ever had this problem?

Technically, Gamecube and N64 had mature content, (like Resident Evil 4 and Conker's Bad Fur Day). Sony and Xbox fanboys come and go, trust me I dealed with a bunch. It's either about the graphics or the games. So ignore retards like them!

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-25 18:50:17

Personally, I've never had this problem, but I also know how to combat those ppl.
It's called ignoring them, they hate to be ignored!

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-25 20:29:30

I thine sid that because those are OLD consoles, not just nintendo consoles.

OMFG i cant believe i wasted my 100th post on this!

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-26 21:56:14

At 3/24/10 12:58 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Nope, I've never had this problem (I don't own any Nintendo consoles).

It's because Nintendo consoles typically contain games which don't contain overly violent or mature content, and therefore not percieved as masculine.

Now that I think about it....has nintendo ever made a rated M game?

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-26 22:10:43

The only problem I have with Nintendo, or at least the more recent Nintendo, is that they really haven't put any real effort into their games or the Wii in itself. Their games are pretty much all shitty party games. I didn't like Super Mario Galaxy, for some reason it just didn't hold my interest like all of the others in the main Mario franchise. Brawl was good, I'll give them that. But there's no games for true gamers.

Now I'm not saying I'm obsessed with Halo and COD and shit like that, FPS's are probably my least favorite gaming platforms. But Nintendo really needs to bump up their act. I still consider myself a Nintendo fan because out of my game consoles that I own right now (PS3, PS2, N64, Wii, NES) I'd say my favorite is the NES. Not because it's "Cool" to be retro, but because it's home to the games I still play for hours on end.

Now that that rant is over, Nintendo was good, but is pretty fail now.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-26 22:24:20

Because they obviously haven't played Pikmin yet.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-26 22:30:44

At 3/26/10 10:24 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Because they obviously haven't played Pikmin yet.

Or Custom Robo.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-26 23:05:40

At 3/26/10 09:56 PM, DePrati wrote: Now that I think about it....has nintendo ever made a rated M game?

Just noticed that.... Also Have they made any new IP's in the past 10-15 (maybe 20) years or so? I'm not sure if Pikmins one but thats still only 1, they mostly just recycle Mario, Zelda, Metroid and other NES classics. Makes me think Nintendo's a little stagnant when Sony and Microsoft (more sony) have been producing original games for each new console. X-BOx: Halo Fable among others (I think)X-Box 360: Gears, Crakdown, Alan Wake among others
Then with
Ps1: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Warhawk. (among others)
Ps2: Jak & Daxter, Killzone, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank God Of War.
Ps3: Resistance, Infamous, Littlebig planet, Modnation Racers, Demon's Souls, Uncharted.
While Nintendo has what:
NES: Metroid, Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Anything Else?
SNES: Starfox
N64:.............
Gamecube: Pikmin?
Wii: wii sports Doesnt count
Now it may look like a lot but they released everything in the 80's and now they just recycle their franchises and the premises (especially Zelda And Mario) have been used so many times its beginning to annoy me (but thats just me)
Now I could be missing a few I'm not the biggest follower of Nintendo
Note these are only first party games I'm listing.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-26 23:47:42

They're insecure about the masculinity of gaming. A medium so steeped in Mario and Sonic has to purposefully throw itself into 100% GRIMDARK for those people to hide from its history. Nintendo usually avoids the GRIMDARK shooters in favor of decidedly lighter games with appeal to more than just fratboys, and the fratboys hate the big N for that. Just remember: that kind of insecurity destroyed the comic book industry. With the mass appeal of the Wii and DS, the great creators at Nintendo have once again saved gaming, this time averting the crash before it happened rather than resurrecting the medium after its death.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-26 23:56:42

People usually say things like that because they don't a Nintendo console and have never played a game without yelling at their TV.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-27 00:01:04

At 3/26/10 09:56 PM, DePrati wrote:
At 3/24/10 12:58 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Nope, I've never had this problem (I don't own any Nintendo consoles).

It's because Nintendo consoles typically contain games which don't contain overly violent or mature content, and therefore not percieved as masculine.

CoD: WaW NMH2 NMH MW1 dead space dead rising resident evil archives and silent hill are a couple of m rated titles for wii.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-27 00:40:46

I'd probably trace most anti-Nintendo animosity back to their censorship policies, especially the old ones from the late '80s and early '90s. Vestiges still exist, and some old hat gamers still use these as ammunition against Nintendo gamers.
Also, let's not forget the 2007 Hold Your Wee for a Wii incident. Nintendo is indirectly responsible for Jennifer Strange's death, though the judge in that case was too big a pussy to admit it. IMHO, Satoru Iwata should suffer some kind of punishment for creating the shortage that led Mrs. Strange to take her life in an attempt to please her husband and her 3 children. This is the dark side of capitalism and oligopoly at its finest.

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-27 05:29:47

At 3/27/10 12:01 AM, 1destroyer1x wrote: CoD: WaW NMH2 NMH MW1 dead space dead rising resident evil archives and silent hill are a couple of m rated titles for wii.

Those are all Third Party, he was asking if Nintendo has ever produced/developed an M rated game.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-27 07:09:07

At 3/26/10 09:56 PM, DePrati wrote:
At 3/24/10 12:58 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote:

I think nintendo has done some mature games but now that i search some from google, all i find are these comments from nintendo: We Do Not Enjoy Making Mature Games.We are not good at it and stuff like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-28 04:26:00

I think people who say they hate nintendo but love games are being strange, because to me Nintendo IS video games. They are the first thing that comes to mind when you think of video games.

Spartan204made this sig years ago

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-28 09:47:46

At 3/26/10 09:56 PM, DePrati wrote: Now that I think about it....has nintendo ever made a rated M game?

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok 2
Conker's Bad Fur Day
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
MadWorld
Dementium: The Ward

Why does it even matter?

"Atheist" is the very definition of pitiful.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-03-28 10:06:41

nintendo is fun!!!

it just gets boring faster!

(360) Gamertag: plasma suthix

I love Posting on forums. (lol thats all I could come up with)

Click here for pwn WEB

BBS Signature

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-03 07:32:34

Gamecube and N64 had some pretty kickass games, but the only reason I even keep my Wii anymore is on the off-chance they might release another Zelda game. I want to play God of War or Halo (not MW2, sorry, I'm usually more tolerant of bullshit glitches)but not Mario Party.

Shoop da Whoop- The sound one makes as they are firing their laser.

Response to Why do some people hate Nintendo? 2010-04-03 18:45:01

Everyone is getting so caught up in graphics and age ratings!
It's not like it matters
I mean, can't we all just sit down and enjoy a good game?
It doesn't matter what console it's on, as long as it's playable and enjoyable.
That is what gaming is about. Playing a game and enjoying, regardless of the system.
People ranting on about graphics the console they play games on.
Who gives a shit?
If that's all you are focused on, you should not be playing video games.
At all.
Whether it be Mario Party or Cod, games are there to be played and enjoyed by everyone.

BBS Signature