00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bi9ballz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Jersey Meet-up 2010

23,234 Views | 342 Replies

New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 22:47:55

During the NYC Meet this past weekend it became abundantly clear to me that there was a demand for some good east-coast fun. And while the NYC meet was awesome, I think I can speak for us all that we had a blast, I'd say that there were some obstacles which hindered total pleasure. Some of which include: the freezing rain, walking long distances, the possibilities of getting lost, the need for reservations in large numbers, the desire for cheapness, the availability for hotels, and a few other random things.

I'm not exactly sure how we came upon the topic, but Luis and I got to fantasizing about a New Jersey Meet and how nicely it'd work out. It came down to these aspects:

1. NJ is close to both NYC and Philly, which are the two directions that a lot of the guests come from. It is also helpful to say that "if you can make it to NYC, you can make it to NJ."
2. The meet will be in the summertime, which will hopefully decrease the chances of sudden winter to spring monsoons.
3. It will also help that everyone's schedules are, usually, a little more free during the summer.
4. The beach is a cheap and easy way to manage large crowds with a central point of interest and very close surrounding sources of fun SUCH AS the Boardwalk games, Arcades, Amusement park, Mini golf, Volleyball, Outdoor concerts, Parasailing close by, Food stands, Bars, and even bathrooms! Imagine that? At night there are usually beach attractions as well, such as outdoor movie nights and fireworks. BONUS: If it does rain, there are plenty of indoor Arcades and restaurants. Besides, it is unlikely that there will be freezing rain lasting all weekend during the summer anyway. We could ignore the rain for a bit until it goes away--we'll be wet anyway.
5. The beach is an excellent tourist location, so there are naturally plenty of hotels within walking proximity of the beach itself ranging from dirt cheap to the rather ritzy in Bungalow Beach Home Weekend Rentals. There is also virtually endless parking ranging from far away and free to right up close and personal for a fee of about $10 for a day!
6. It is a perfect way to get us all at a meet where we do not at any point of being at the meet itself bring out a laptop to cam together/watch movies/play games together. I think the interaction IRL portion of meets is pretty essential. Ya'll can cam it up on your own time in the hotels/rooms. ;)
7. There is a stop for NJ Transit (trains) near/for the beach I plan us being at and they bus people off to the beach in some instances too if the walk is too much. (don't ask me too much about this..you can visit NJ Transit's website for train details if you plan on taking a train/bus)
8. The meet is entirely age-friendly! If those who are 21+ want to drink, there is the option of drinking a concealed beverage on the beach or sitting at one of the bars, either openfront or closed off restaurant type! Oh look at the options!

Anyway down to the facts.
I plan on making this meet mid-late July. I'm thinking the weekend of the Friday 16- Sun 18 because anything in earlier months can conflict with weather/plans/school and the same is true for August, since some users (me) go back to college/university then. Also July 4 can tend to be a tad rowdy and unnecessarily crowded. I figure after the fuss is over, the 16-18 should be far enough from the 4th to be fun and do-able. This also leaves plenty of time for you out-of-the-staters to get your passports and save up for the expenses, however minimal.

The beach is Point Pleasant because, while there are many strips of beaches on the same shore, this one comes complete with the arcades and rides and all..so it's a tad more..exciting. :)

Sorry for the wall of text, but I really want to get the word out asap to see that this works out. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the thread, as long as they're pertaining to the meet and not why "Jersey doesn't suck."

It is also not our fault about MTV's Jersey Shore. Those people got into fights because they were unwanted here. Also, if nothing else, they will be something to laugh at. Everyone loves a good Snookie now and then.

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 22:49:24

NY was a good idea because NY is awesome. No one wants to hang out in shitty Jersey.

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 22:57:41

Nj is the ghetto

Join Now!

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 22:59:52

I'm definitely coming to this one. I didn't really try as hard to go to the other one.

At 3/14/10 10:57 PM, lightblob wrote: Nj is the ghetto

NJ is fine.

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 23:01:00

Maybe!

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 23:01:25

I've never been to Jersey but from what i hear, everyone makes fun of it for trying to be NY.

Whats the NJ Icehockey team? Or the baseball team? Or the basketball team?

.....There was a hole. *sig by LimitedMortality*

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 23:03:11

At 3/14/10 11:01 PM, REDSPADES wrote: I've never been to Jersey but from what i hear, everyone makes fun of it for trying to be NY.

Ice hockey is the Devils and everyone in Jersey is either Mets or Yankees fans.

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 23:06:35

At 3/14/10 11:01 PM, REDSPADES wrote: I've never been to Jersey but from what i hear, everyone makes fun of it for trying to be NY.

The top half follows NYC crap and the bottom half follows Philly crap.
Then there's central jersey, which is where the meet is. Smack in the middle, look at a map.
In this case, we follow nothing. We forsake everything trivial and succumb only to the beach and the likelihood of sexy babes in near-nude baithingsuits.

yeah this meet would be SO lame.

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 23:10:27

If you enjoy loud guidos, used rubbers and empty syringes then the Jersey shore is your kind of place.

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 23:11:20

At 3/14/10 11:09 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I'm a maybe.

That would be really swell if you came

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 23:19:45

Ok if i can punch anyone of those guidos from jersey shore in the mouth while i'm there it'll be a yes. I hate that show. Also Devils Ice hockey FTW!

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 23:22:38

At 3/14/10 11:16 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Pretty sure the time works good for me. It's just a matter of having the money.
Ohh right and I don't have a car. I'll have to figure that out. If anyone near me (southern wisconsin) plans on driving there.....take me! lol.

This is plenty of notice to start saving and all. It's good you're putting your location out there, but remember to advertise it and really seek out people close to you because if you only expect people to flock to you, it's not very likely you'll end up with a travel buddy. You really gotta work for it. It's still early in the game yet, I don't expect everything to be final RSVP wise, but this is an official heads up. This is going to happen.

those who haven't been to the right beaches will throw slander around. Point Pleasant is actually really one of the nicest beaches on the northeast coast. I'm not worrying--those who want to go will go and those who do not will not and will make petty excuses not to go. /of story.

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-14 23:29:26

Definitely not coming, telling this now so you won't bug me in stickam >:(

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 01:30:39

I'm definitely in. I live in Jersey and know my way around. I've been pretty much everywhere at one point or another.
The only thing that might prevent me from making this is the fact that sometime during the summer, my cousin and his girlfriend are coming down from Colorado for the first time in over two years. He'll be down around a week.
Now assuming this doesn't happen during the meet-up, I guarantee I'll be showing up for this.
I'll add this event (linking to this topic) to my signature in hopes that more members will join up.

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 01:34:09

At 3/15/10 01:30 AM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote: I'm definitely in. I live in Jersey and know my way around. I've been pretty much everywhere at one point or another.
The only thing that might prevent me from making this is the fact that sometime during the summer, my cousin and his girlfriend are coming down from Colorado for the first time in over two years. He'll be down around a week.
Now assuming this doesn't happen during the meet-up, I guarantee I'll be showing up for this.
I'll add this event (linking to this topic) to my signature in hopes that more members will join up.

Great idea! I'll be doing the same. Hey if your cousin comes down just bring him with ya. It'd only be for a few days and even if you only showed up for one day it works out! Who doesn't love the beach even a little bit afterall?

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 01:51:21

At 3/15/10 01:34 AM, Kitala wrote: Great idea! I'll be doing the same. Hey if your cousin comes down just bring him with ya. It'd only be for a few days and even if you only showed up for one day it works out! Who doesn't love the beach even a little bit afterall?

The only people I've ever met from Newgrounds were Bedn and Wade, finally getting to meet up with many other members will be awesome. (Granted most of the folks I've befriended here are all from the West Coast or another country.)
I'll also be able to help carpool for a few members provided they don't live too far off the course of this event. I'm coming from the Mount Holly area, Burlington County, not far from Camden.

As for my cousin, trust me, it would be better if my he doesn't show up. He can be a major douche-bag if he doesn't like someone, and he's pretty quick to find a reason not to like someone.

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 01:54:11

I'm not going.

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 08:36:05

Sounds cool! Anyway I hope you guys will be attending my Alaska Meet-Up. So far we've got quite a few people who are going. I can't wait!

Everybody who is attending the Alaska 2010 Meet-Up please post in that topic and let me know if you'll be attending this monumental event! This is NG history in the making!

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 19:52:31

At 3/15/10 01:51 AM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote: I'll also be able to help carpool for a few members provided they don't live too far off the course of this event. I'm coming from the Mount Holly area, Burlington County, not far from Camden.

sounds splendid! I'll keep you in mind/keep on checking the thread for updates closer to the meet. I'm not exactly sure where the transit lets off in Point but I know there's a stop there somewhere...that'd be helpful haha

Then don't go, Grub. I don't wanna see you anymore anyway since you didn't do your hair nice for me when I asked nicely.

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 20:04:40

I wanna go.....but none of u know me....

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 20:06:11

Sounds cool. I'd really like to go. I can't be certain I am motivated enough to make the plans on my own, though. Wish I had a bud to car pool/room with me and such. Maybe as time goes on I'll become more motivated and form a plan.

I live in South West Va btw, if anyone else is close to that area and wants to discuss plans or anything.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 20:10:49

At 3/15/10 08:06 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: I live in South West Va btw, if anyone else is close to that area and wants to discuss plans or anything.

I say the same thing to you that I said to the other guy from another state, just keep checking in and actively looking for a travel buddy. if you only expect people to come to you it wont work out right. also its a lot of time to save and such, and it's pretty cheap. so who knows.

Velcro

doesn't matter if we know you or not. that's the point of a meet. show up.

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 20:14:23

At 3/15/10 08:10 PM, Kitala wrote:
Velcro
doesn't matter if we know you or not. that's the point of a meet. show up.

:(

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 21:13:25

July 17-18 would be cool. It would be the only weekend i am free. Not that that should be reason to choose that date. Glasgow Meet is July 9-11 and San Diego Comic Con is July 22-25

I think NJ is a good idea as long as its not in atlantic city or inland where it becomes ghetto. Beach houses are pretty cheap due to the fact that most people goto more exotic locations so maybe it'd be cool to have one of those for a 3-day weekend. I dunno.

None

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 21:19:08

At 3/15/10 08:04 PM, Velcro wrote: I wanna go.....but none of u know me....

I know who you are, I would go to this meet just to hang out and have a couple of beers with you :)
It's a shame you don't come to stickam anymore though.. :(

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 21:43:17

At 3/15/10 08:04 PM, Velcro wrote: I wanna go.....but none of u know me....

Anyone who went on Stickam anytime last fall and winter knows who you are. You're more than welcome at this meet-up.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 22:20:44

At 3/15/10 09:13 PM, Luis wrote: July 17-18 would be cool. It would be the only weekend i am free. Not that that should be reason to choose that date. Glasgow Meet is July 9-11 and San Diego Comic Con is July 22-25

looks like i did pretty good picking those days blindly out of my ass

I think NJ is a good idea as long as its not in atlantic city or inland where it becomes ghetto. Beach houses are pretty cheap due to the fact that most people goto more exotic locations so maybe it'd be cool to have one of those for a 3-day weekend. I dunno.

The shore houses are very nice in point pleasant. the rentals get a tad costly the closer you are and they should be booked asap since the houses get full up quick since theyre the easiest places for people to drink themselves into oblivion and party it up while being able to cook your own food and bbq and all at the same time (something you cant do at a hotel).
Great link for shore HOME rentals (we are going to Point Pleasant Beach REMEMBER THAT)

And
This is the perfect website for all information pertaining to where we will be meeting. Including lodging, places to eat, things to do, etc.

We are right smack dab in the central most part of the eastern most part of the nicest part of nj.

New Jersey Meet-up 2010

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-15 22:22:50

Wow you bastards have alot of towns and provinces.

BBS Signature

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-17 12:49:31

Too bad I can't make it to Jersy... Oh well, NYC meet was fun right.

Response to New Jersey Meet-up 2010 2010-03-17 22:17:03

At 3/17/10 12:49 PM, JoSilver wrote: Too bad I can't make it to Jersy... Oh well, NYC meet was fun right.

You can make it. Believe me you can.

nyc was a blast. that's why im doing jersey up.