00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Improving one of my pieces.

89,414 Views | 813 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2011-02-10 19:08:44

Yeah, I'm still getting around to posting all the good stuff but well it's been difficult :,(. Do you mean the gifts? If so I prefer to keep them on the blog since they were made for followers on my blog, so if you are following me you probably have a gift over there:)

Here's a Creeper inspired by the ones VeroMan made, hope you like it.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2011-02-11 14:03:36

A 3d model made on 3ds max for my final project on the computer animation class.
http://mabelma.tumblr.com/post/323624283 7/an-update-of-project-mau5-hope-you-lik e-it

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2011-06-30 06:54:15

Woow, such a long time since I post in my thread. That project's done and... It sucked!
but here's some new stuff hope you like. I have a lot of new things but well my computer crashed and I lost 75% maybe more of my work so I have a new computer and a new folder and new art for you guys and gals to see. Hope you like.

PS: If a mod by some measure stops by, I have a question. Is there any way of changing the title of my thread?

Let's start with a banner I did for a review of Minecraft ( I have never played minecraft but the whole creeper concept seems so awesome.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2011-06-30 07:39:13

At 6/30/11 06:54 AM, Mabelma wrote: Woow, such a long time since I post in my thread. That project's done and... It sucked!
but here's some new stuff hope you like. I have a lot of new things but well my computer crashed and I lost 75% maybe more of my work so I have a new computer and a new folder and new art for you guys and gals to see. Hope you like.

Welcome back! It really sucks when your computer crashes. The same happened to me last december.

PS: If a mod by some measure stops by, I have a question. Is there any way of changing the title of my thread?

I'm not a mod, but you can't change the title of your thread. The only thing you could do is starting a new fresh thread with a more suiting title. But you should ask a mod about it, so he can also lock your old one.

Let's start with a banner I did for a review of Minecraft ( I have never played minecraft but the whole creeper concept seems so awesome.

Looks nice. The green in the background however looks a little too plain, since the creepers in Minecraft have some kind of texture made of different tones of green.

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2011-06-30 08:51:32

I'm really glad you like it. I think it's the best banner I've done so far. It just looks so cool. I appreciate the critic on the background but I won't change it cause it's really old and since it was for a website and the review is already up there's really no point in fixing it now.

But I could use some critic on something I'm working on now.
It would be really appreciated.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2011-06-30 16:58:44

Pssst, what about our flash?

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2011-06-30 18:44:00

Dude, I lost all of my files for that! It sucks, I'm trying to get my files back from a friend of mine that backed my computer up but I haven't seen him in a while when I get that stuff back. I'll start working on the animation again and hopefully finish it this time.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2011-06-30 18:53:57

I have color!!!! Here's a little color sheet I'm making for all the characters that will be appearing in one way or another on my webcomic Insert Title Here

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2011-07-01 07:09:46

More art?

Not really sure If I posted this one before.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-24 21:00:21

It's been quite a long time since I post in this beautiful community of ours. Almost a year since my last post but no worries, I have come bearing gifts. I hope to most a little more and improve my art a long with all the great characters in this forum. Hello and can't wait to get some critics, and comments from all of you.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-24 21:02:04

Papa smurf brings more gifts :) Some character design practice, sprouted from crazy silhouettes.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-24 21:05:12

Ohhh, this for a contest over at fiverr.com hoping I win or atleast get a nice little mention.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-24 21:06:56

A couple of shirt designs that don't make me cringe in embarrassment.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-24 21:33:00

Recently I started doing an illustration a day using a random prompt from a random website. This is the first illustration, using the prompt "Teeth", not very proud of it, but we gotta start somewhere. Currently I'm working on a new one, I'll post some images of it as it progresses I would love some feedback on that, so if you have anything to say, I would love to hear it :)

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-24 22:21:07

As promised, here's what I'm currently working on. Today's illustration, sprouting from the word "Hat". Tell me what you think, any comment, will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-25 19:44:25

UPDATE.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-25 22:57:31

Adding Flats, comments would be truly appreciated...

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-25 23:41:31

At 6/25/12 10:57 PM, Mabelma wrote: Adding Flats, comments would be truly appreciated...

Shaded everything, I thought you might enjoy this little gray scale version :) I'll post the colored one in a second.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-25 23:43:28

At 6/25/12 11:41 PM, Mabelma wrote:
At 6/25/12 10:57 PM, Mabelma wrote: Adding Flats, comments would be truly appreciated...
Shaded everything, I thought you might enjoy this little gray scale version :) I'll post the colored one in a second.

Here you go, the colored image. I'm having overall with it. I'll add some texture to it tomorrow but overall today's image is done. I would love some feedback, and since tomorrow I'm going to be working on it a bit more, I wouldn't mind jumping back in it and fixing what you think should be fixed.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-26 08:16:48

I almost wrote condescending put could be interpreted as heavily tongue-in-cheek something. Nah.

Great Introduction to Anatomy (major muscle groups) and proportions too I guess. Made by the who does thepunchlineismachismo, so she's got beef downpat, see?
Valve's character design handbook You know Valve, right? They do stuff. I'm totally reading it myself,
Pose-striking and Face Expressing
General Drawing Advice

Some good stuff up there, have a look. Redrew your character using some bullshit tactics of my own.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-26 15:24:18

At 6/26/12 08:16 AM, Lintire wrote: I almost wrote condescending put could be interpreted as heavily tongue-in-cheek something. Nah.

Great Introduction to Anatomy (major muscle groups) and proportions too I guess. Made by the who does thepunchlineismachismo, so she's got beef downpat, see?
Valve's character design handbook You know Valve, right? They do stuff. I'm totally reading it myself,
Pose-striking and Face Expressing
General Drawing Advice

Some good stuff up there, have a look. Redrew your character using some bullshit tactics of my own.

Thanks for all those links man, really great stuff. I redid a couple of things I wasn't happy with, and used your image as reference on a couple of areas I needed to re shade. Thanks for the feedback. I'm done with this image, now it's on to the next :)

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-27 08:55:21

If you're like me some days you wake up wanting to draw a beast, today is one of those days. I'll be refining the image throughout the day and would love some feedback on it.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-27 11:28:09

Read the Dota2 Character Design Valve posted, and I wanted to try that whole gradient from top to bottom thing. Inked and added flats, I should be adding shading soon. Hope you like it. Any feedback will be truly appreciated.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-27 14:01:26

Loving the feeling the gradient gives to the overall image. I'll start using that technique from now on. Enjoy. As always, any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-27 14:52:16

At 6/27/12 02:01 PM, Mabelma wrote: Loving the feeling the gradient gives to the overall image. I'll start using that technique from now on. Enjoy. As always, any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I thought that was a tooth on his mouth, not more skin.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-27 14:55:04

At 6/27/12 02:52 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 6/27/12 02:01 PM, Mabelma wrote: Loving the feeling the gradient gives to the overall image. I'll start using that technique from now on. Enjoy. As always, any comments would be greatly appreciated.
I thought that was a tooth on his mouth, not more skin.

Ahhhhh!! Forgot to change the color of that, thanks Jonny. Also man, it's great to hear from you, it's been ages!

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-27 16:46:05

Revised a couple of things. I think I'm all done now. Hope you like it :)

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-27 17:53:34

At 6/27/12 04:46 PM, Mabelma wrote: Revised a couple of things. I think I'm all done now. Hope you like it :)

What the hell was I thinking?!?! Look at that arm, disgusting. Hopefully this is better.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2012-06-27 19:23:04

I'm tired of the Goddamn dragon by now but if I want to improve I gotta fix those mistakes and stick through to the end.