00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Danopus's artistic endeavors

15,589 Views | 174 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-09-27 16:42:25

At 9/27/10 04:29 PM, Danopus wrote: this shit is shitty but ill post it anyway because idk if i have been improving at all.

Yeah i really dont know what this is but i dont draw enough girls and i draw them crap so i should practise.

and for better quality click here.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-09-27 16:46:37

At 9/27/10 04:29 PM, Danopus wrote: this shit is shitty but ill post it anyway because idk if i have been improving at all.

Yeah i really dont know what this is but i dont draw enough girls and i draw them crap so i should practise.

i like the hair, thats good. the rest of her clothes, well, the whole pic for that matter, is lacking the nice shading and contrast. the other colors blend in.
also, spend more time on your grass; that couldnt have taken you more than a miinute. try drawing it blade-by-blade with many different shades of green, youll be surprised how much better it looks

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-09-27 16:53:01

At 9/27/10 04:46 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: also, spend more time on your grass; that couldnt have taken you more than a miinute. try drawing it blade-by-blade with many different shades of green, youll be surprised how much better it looks

I would've spent more time on the grass, but my main goal of this picture was to draw the girl. She is a character im planning on using in my kind of cool webcomic. So mostly i just wanted to get her done and then be over with it. However, i will go over the grass and make the shading a better.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-09-27 17:06:04

At 9/27/10 04:53 PM, Danopus wrote: I would've spent more time on the grass, but my main goal of this picture was to draw the girl. She is a character im planning on using in my kind of cool webcomic. So mostly i just wanted to get her done and then be over with it. However, i will go over the grass and make the shading a better.

Darp darp darp

Grass looks silly in my opinion

also i didnt really know what you meant by the whole contrast thing so i just made it darker shading and lighter highlights.

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-09-27 17:08:12

At 9/27/10 05:06 PM, Danopus wrote: Darp darp darp

Grass looks silly in my opinion

also i didnt really know what you meant by the whole contrast thing so i just made it darker shading and lighter highlights.

T-T-TRIPLE POST

thats is .png link by the way

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-09-27 17:10:55

At 9/27/10 05:06 PM, Danopus wrote: also i didnt really know what you meant by the whole contrast thing so i just made it darker shading and lighter highlights.

thats pretty much what i meant :P
looks a lot better now, keep it up

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-06 02:33:10

line drawing hi

I could probably colour it in SAI.

but im not sure, its from tegaki-e so idk if i can make it transparent.

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-06 07:48:08

Nice art in this thread, Danopus, and it's obvious that you've taken quite a lot of inspiration from anime and whatnot. Just looking at the latest pieces, the only real thing I can spot are static poses - that is, your characters never really seem to be in movement, preferring to stay put and stuff. Might want to experiment with more fluid poses, you'll find that it usually helps to get a better grasp of how limbs work.

Also, it's obvious that your manga art (well, whatever it is) is taking a turn for more Shounen influences - thicker lineart, and it works well with at least the latest character, so you might want to try a bit more of that.

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-06 09:37:13

Your art has definitely improved.
I'm gonna agree with what lintire said. Try doing a few more action poses. They make the scene more exciting and the characters less stale.

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-06 11:37:10

Yeah the one above was a character from Soul Eater, i stole the pose and general style of the picture jsut to see if i could draw on Tegaki-E; which i normally suck at.

Honestly, i try and avoid drawing manga-esque style art, and most of my drawings aren't anime or manga styled, the particular two i posted just happened to be.

But yeah, the dynamic poses is a huge problem for me. I can never seem to draw poses; it just goes wrong. My friend is always on my back about it xD

Ill keep in mind the poses.

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-06 11:38:45

At 10/6/10 11:37 AM, Danopus wrote: But yeah, the dynamic poses is a huge problem for me. I can never seem to draw poses; it just goes wrong. My friend is always on my back about it xD
Ill keep in mind the poses.

Just try googling some posses, or like search DA for some, and just use those to get a visual for what to do.

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-09 08:54:54

Got in an argument with my friends. I think vocaloids are weaboo shit, but they disagree. In the end i made a total douchebag of myself and just generally acted like a dick, so i drew this to make it up to them.

They ain't seen it yet though.

Im proud of the fact that i managed a pose, and that i actually put some fucking folds in the clothes c:

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-09 10:12:21

Well, the posing is a step in the right direction, but the folds need work (although they certainly add depth to the picture) - I can't tell whether or not he;s wearing a shirt or a poncho. Either way, nice work.

But I'm going to be completely honest, I've yet to really see anything in your thread that doesn't completely remind me of anime - it's like you take a doseload of influences from their art style. It's too reserved to be called cartoony at any rate, and I'm not sure what kind of style fits between the two.

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-11 17:09:17

Yo

drew some girl with an excerpt to boot. Tried some more 'realistic' (on a large stretch of the word) shading.

here's the excerpt if you want it.

A white woman, in a white room. The stark paleness only constrasted by the stunning crimson of the mark that made everything so painfully, pitifully pale.

I did try to make the colours as pale as possible for some reason. The blood was just an afterthought.

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-11 17:12:15

At 10/11/10 05:09 PM, Danopus wrote: Yo

drew some girl with an excerpt to boot. Tried some more 'realistic' (on a large stretch of the word) shading.

here's the excerpt if you want it.

A white woman, in a white room. The stark paleness only constrasted by the stunning crimson of the mark that made everything so painfully, pitifully pale.
I did try to make the colours as pale as possible for some reason. The blood was just an afterthought.

HIGH RES QUALITY STUFF YO.

it was drawn on iscribble btw. might want to view IT before it gets deleted.

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-14 06:04:25

So i tried some dynamic poses. Sorry for the lines paper and general shitty photo quality.

Also there is a line on his chin because i forgot to erase it.

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-14 07:18:39

At 10/14/10 06:04 AM, Danopus wrote: So i tried some dynamic poses. Sorry for the lines paper and general shitty photo quality.

its not dynamic, its a straight on pose but hes got his arms up instead, a dynamic pose would be running, or something actioney or at a wierd angle, but i will say the anatomy is improving

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-14 12:08:57

At 10/14/10 07:18 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 10/14/10 06:04 AM, Danopus wrote: So i tried some dynamic poses. Sorry for the lines paper and general shitty photo quality.
its not dynamic, its a straight on pose but hes got his arms up instead, a dynamic pose would be running, or something actioney or at a wierd angle, but i will say the anatomy is improving

yeah but he's firing a gun.

eh whatever ok so i drew someone in a pose.

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-21 17:19:28

LOOK HOW JOLLY THIS ZOMBIE IS ZOMBIES ARENT JOLLY HAHAHAHA WHAT A CRAZY FELLOW.

halloween is for cool kids.

cool kids post high-res links, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-31 17:24:46

LESSPPL
morepkmn
evenmoarhi-res

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-10-31 17:29:12

At 10/31/10 05:24 PM, Danopus wrote: LESSPPL
morepkmn
evenmoarhi-res

Drifloon is the best pokemon.

From diamond and pearl, anyways.

The one in front seems off. It's cropped a bit strangely, doesn't have the shading/highlights that the others do, and its cloud looks less refined/more smeary. Oh, and it's discolored, though that seems entirely intentional. The ones in back look pretty good, though. They have good depth to them.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-11-07 15:56:37

zombieeeeee

i tried shading him a bit differently, drew him in some iscribble board

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-11-07 15:58:15

drew some dude who may or may not be earlier in the thread, i am not sure. also in iscribble.

ignore the caption, i stuck that on in paint so some friends of mine might get a cheap laugh from it.

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-11-07 16:00:13

triple post, robot

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-11-14 14:07:38

this took a long time, by my standards at least.

high res is on my dA

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-11-14 14:53:00

At 6/1/10 09:30 AM, Danopus wrote: Hi i'm 13 and I draw girls sometimes.

This is a revamp of the first post.
YES I KNOW THE HIPS ARE FREAKISHLY SMALL D:

I like this picture but one thing is amazingly irksome. The whole head area seems a bit to fat. And the eyes seem a little of. It really takes the cuteness out of the picture.

do you ever listen to your self talk!

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-11-14 15:08:43

At 11/14/10 02:53 PM, EZBAKE8 wrote:

I like this picture but one thing is amazingly irksome. The whole head area seems a bit to fat. And the eyes seem a little of. It really takes the cuteness out of the picture.

Fat or flat? If you mean fat, how would i improve that, and what exactly is wrong with the eyes other than being a little off?

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-11-14 15:17:21

At 11/14/10 02:53 PM, EZBAKE8 wrote:

OH! That picture! Yeah i thought you meant the Poliwag, no i drew that a long time ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-11-14 15:30:38

At 11/14/10 02:07 PM, Danopus wrote: this took a long time, by my standards at least.

high res is on my dA

what bugs me is the detail on the body and the head, yet none at all on the tail, that and the eyes look too flat to the body

Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-11-14 16:28:51

At 11/14/10 03:30 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 11/14/10 02:07 PM, Danopus wrote: this took a long time, by my standards at least.

high res is on my dA
what bugs me is the detail on the body and the head, yet none at all on the tail, that and the eyes look too flat to the body

yeah im working on the drawing now. I might completely redo the eyes, frankly.

BBS Signature