00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ekdynasty115 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Support the Demoman

3,312 Views | 30 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Support the Demoman 2009-12-11 18:45:03

Seeing as there was another topic made by a post whore, I guess there should be an 'official' demoman WAR topic.

Why should I join the demoman team?

The Soldier is an overpowered class, that's why. It's very easy to learn, and that's why lots of players use him. He has high health, and can deal out a lot of damage at a distance. His rocket launcher can take out any scout in 1 hit, and he can easily finish off a heavy in 3 shots. If the Soldier won the secret weapon, the game would be even more unbalanced, however, if the secret weapon goes to the Demo, then it would assist in evening out the game.

How do I join?

There's no neccessary requirement to join, however, to keep up to date with the latest news on Demomanship, join the Demoman Coalition Demolition Group (D.C.D.G). It is also recommended to put a [DEMO] tag on your SteamID, just to show your support of the deserving class.

What do I do?

The answer is quiet simple, play as a RED team Demoman, and a 'WAR counter' should appear in the top left hand corner of your HUD. After that, go out and kill as many BLU Soldiers as you can! Don't go rushing in and killing yourself, however, because the more times YOU die at the BLU Soldier's hands, the higher the overall score for their team will be!

Post here to discuss good tactics of taking those BLU betraying bastards down, storys of kick-assery, or just pop in to say hi! Be sure also to visit the TF2 WAR! page for more information, which includes the stats around which side is currently winning.

GO TEAM DEMO!

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-11 18:53:51

Soldier's winning!! Come on guys! I've been picking out soldiers specifically for this update!!! I haven't fired upon anyone else!!! Let's go fellow demomen!!!

thelittleemo is mai butt buddy ;D

96 bitter beings

Whose Line is it anyway?

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-11 19:32:10

I wonder how im a post whore for wanting to get my favorite class an extra weapon?

I honestly just wanted to see If I could get a few more people to attack demo's on purpose, seeing as the soldier is a superior class.

Fuck you good sir.

thanks to Exige2009 for the first sig, and PabMo for the current one, Sorry Exige, this one is just more of what I am looking for.

Whats the matter girls?

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-11 20:12:06

Demoman needs to win.
VALVe has been abusing him and the soldier is so overpowered compared to him it aint funny.
i think if any class in the whole game deserves a topic is the demoman.
He has always been a personal favorite.
GO DEMOMAN.

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-11 20:16:38

Because nothing ruins a friendship better than a healthy competition...

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-11 21:44:56

Demoman? New weapon? ohlol

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-11 22:03:46

I laugh at your support for the African-Mexican-Scottish-Japanese Cyclops that is the Demoman.

PYRO NEEDS MOAR FIAPOWAH!!!

Well.

Shit.

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 02:44:50

demomans by far the best, and arguably cheapest, class. 2 stickybombs and grenades can take out any enemy in their radius, and can literally camp for easy kills

If you are reading this, you are a dick. If you are typing this, you are an even bigger dick.. o wait...

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 02:55:42

According to this game's competitive community, the Demoman is the superior class. Apparently the best team possible in any situation is X Demomen + X Medic, which is why they use class limits in their competitions to add variety.

Sounds to me like the Soldier needs this new weapon more than the Demoman. Does the Soldier have the higher skill-floor? Absolutely, which is exactly why I believe he's going to win this challenge. There are more people who play at the skill-floor than there are who play anywhere even close to the skill-ceiling. Personally, I'm rooting for Soldier, but this whole thing is still very close- it could go either way.

Great update, Valve!

Message me if you ever want to play SFIV or BlazBlue on XBOX Live!

I also enjoy Quake Live.

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 03:04:07

Yeah, apparently CEVO uses these class restrictions:

* 2 Soldiers
* 2 Snipers
* 2 Scouts
* 2 Pyros
* 2 Engineer
* 2 Heavy
* 2 Spy
* 1 Demoman
* 1 Medic

Seems like Demo is the true "overpowered" class.

Message me if you ever want to play SFIV or BlazBlue on XBOX Live!

I also enjoy Quake Live.

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 05:47:37

At 12/12/09 03:04 AM, JingoJoe14 wrote: Yeah, apparently CEVO uses these class restrictions:

Class restrictions r 4 nurds.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 07:36:51

At 12/12/09 05:51 AM, MrPercie wrote: Soldier? Overpowered? You must have never played TF2 in your life! Because the demoman nade spam down a narrow walkway is all but overpowered. If the enemy team has like 2 or three demos, they spam tons of grenades down a path so any light classes (Scout, sniper, medic, enginner) blow up before they get half way and meany fo the big heavyer classes have lost too much health to be of any use. The soldier will take the medal as victor.

Oh for christ sake, not this argument AGAIN.

Frankly the Demomans grenade launcher is either BLIND LUCK to hit with or requires fuck-tons of skill.

Whereas the soldiers rawket-lawnchair requires a basic understanding of movement.

Nevermind the fact that the obvious solution is to NERF STICKIES not add another god damn weapon to the class with the 2nd highest amount of health, and with one of the easiest and most powerful weapons in the game.

Jesus, I've spent months playing soldier and have never found one of these "OMG GRENADE SPAMMA", and have many times found that the soldier has the edge over The demoman.

Thats why, for all fairness I am supporting the demoman in his quest for WEPON

(Back from the dead!)

Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 09:09:44

At 12/12/09 08:59 AM, MrPercie wrote: well sure in a one vs one match of demo and soldier, the soldier would win because of the easy use of the rocket launcher you could snipe the demo with it of the fast, accurate rockets. But in team games where you push together, the demos grenades dont blow up when they hit the ground (unlike rockets) but rather when they hit somone or after a certain amount of time they will blow up. So you dont need to see the enemy too kill them, you could just fire them repeatedly over or at a wall so its hard for the enemys to progress forward. But the stickys is very overpowered as we all know seen as 2 to 3 can kill almost any class. I was talking about demos in a group than a demo soloing a soldier. Sure a group of any class is a problem but demos really are the hardest.

Really? I found that the grenade spam problem was horribly ineffective, I mean its a pot shot with no idea where the enemy is, and is something which few valve maps have good spots for.

If your struggling with sticky demoman however, try sniper, scout and pyro with compression blast, works wonders. Because essentially the sticky if used offensively is a slower but more damaging rocket launcher.

Though, grenade spammers are scum. But in my experience only pro demo's tend to win against decent soldiers.

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 09:53:50

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 10:26:51

Bwuah.

Support the Demoman

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 11:12:13

At 12/12/09 10:26 AM, liaaaam wrote: Bwuah.

Arrrggyaaaahhhh thaaaaaaa waaaay ya do it!!

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 12:00:50

At 12/11/09 06:45 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote:
join the demoman team

People like you make me sick!

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 12:09:38

At 12/12/09 12:00 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: People like you make me sick!

People like you make me want to kill some Soldiers.

AMIRITEBOYZ

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 12:22:49

I have to support the Soldier. I hate campers, and Demos are specifically made for camping.

Kyrbz is technically the plural of Kirby.

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 12:54:45

At 12/12/09 12:22 PM, Kyrbz wrote: I have to support the Soldier. I hate campers, and Demos are specifically made for camping.

GET.
OUT.

Support the Demoman

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 14:43:29

I can't use demoman for crap, but I will help every demoman I see. For it is my patriotic duty.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 18:27:13

At 12/11/09 06:45 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: If the Soldier won the secret weapon, the game would be even more unbalanced, however, if the secret weapon goes to the Demo, then it would assist in evening out the game.

No, the new weapons isn't upgrades. They're side grades.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 18:49:50

At 12/12/09 06:27 PM, tally1989 wrote:
At 12/11/09 06:45 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: If the Soldier won the secret weapon, the game would be even more unbalanced, however, if the secret weapon goes to the Demo, then it would assist in evening out the game.
No, the new weapons isn't upgrades. They're side grades.

^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Truth.

BUT, by adding another option you have a chance to give the winner of this a weapon to counter its main weakness or suit another style of play. Which for some may seem like an upgrade

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 23:40:01

This Demoman Vs. Solidier thing is turning into that Twilight rivalry commercial that Burger King did.

Ha, all you guys are like 15 year old Twilight fangirls. Well except for that whole staring at half naked dudes part.

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-12 23:48:18

At 12/11/09 08:12 PM, ipodawesum wrote: Demoman needs to win.
VALVe has been abusing him and the soldier is so overpowered compared to him it aint funny.

You have the other way son

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-13 00:04:38

the extra weapon isn't going to be that great.

Valve isn't going to unbalance the game.

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-13 13:42:11

With 200,000 more dead Soldiers, the Demomen will officially be in the lead!

Here's my Dtoid account. And my Urban Terror ID is BenelliM4-Medic. And I know Travis Touchdown isn't a Capcom character, but I put him in anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-14 08:27:54

Apparently some of you have some problems understanding how TF2 works....
If you think the demo is OP, here's what l say: try killing a scout with grenade spam.Try killing a pyro with sticky spam.Try killing a spy...my point: greande spam is ineffective unless YOU SUCK at TF2 and you can't dodge for shit (or you're a really good demo).
If you think the soldier is OP, here's what l say: effective and versatile class, yes.OP, no.A soldier can easily be countered, outsmarted, outmaneuvered and outgunned with the right approach (from behind :D)..
As far as 1 vs 1 goes, the soldier has the edge because of his superior mobility (sticky jumps make you go further, but they won't help you in actual combat unless you're running away), superior health and straight-shooting weapons...so l am surprised that the demo actually managed to get so many kills so far.
Of course, when the whole team is demo, then you have a spam problem, but the same goes for the other team..
I guess VALVe is trying to even things out with the update, although they also might provoke MASSIVE whining if they create an unbalanced weapon...we'll see, we'll see.

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-14 14:54:01

At 12/14/09 01:04 PM, MrPercie wrote: THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEYLL NEVER TAKE OUR BOTTLE OF SCRUMPEY!

But what weapon will they get? is it a unique gun that only that class will ever get.

Yes, and VALVe will probably show both weapons just to make the other class jealous...

Response to Support the Demoman 2009-12-14 15:09:34

I'm all for demo, but the soldier really needs the upgrade.

EP2 out now! Download it for free :).

soundcloud | newgrounds