00:00
00:00

Fifty-50's improved art.

136,751 Views | 1,089 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-08-18 08:26:08


Creepy is the right word for the pic, as compared to the original zany. It gives off an air of maliciousness, of physcoticness, of something that will laugh as it kills you.

I like it.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-08-18 10:46:58


I've been watching this thread for a while, and man... you've gotten a fucketon better. You went from average to great to professional looking art, man!

You can literally see your improvement throughout the thread, and it's pretty damn cool.

tl;dr Great job man, keep it up you're already fucking amazing.


BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-08-19 00:47:35


At 8/18/10 07:46 AM, CloudEater wrote: Looking good, so art trade means I'll have to draw a pic of your character or something right?

Yes, yes it does. And I'm glad you liked it.

At 8/18/10 08:26 AM, Lintire wrote: Creepy is the right word for the pic, as compared to the original zany. It gives off an air of maliciousness, of physcoticness, of something that will laugh as it kills you.

I like it.

I make pretty demented things don't I? His smile also creeps me out when I look at it. He looks damn evil lol.

At 8/18/10 10:46 AM, BeefyBoy12 wrote: I've been watching this thread for a while, and man... you've gotten a fucketon better. You went from average to great to professional looking art, man!

You can literally see your improvement throughout the thread, and it's pretty damn cool.

tl;dr Great job man, keep it up you're already fucking amazing.

Thanks a lot. As I always said, practice makes perfect. Thanks again man.

Anyway, more progress on cloudy's pic.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-03 02:08:13


Hey guess what? I returned from the land of the dead. Here's a comeback lineart.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-03 02:10:05


More Red Baron.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-03 02:25:19


Well, I had wondered where you had gone, man, welcome back to the land of the living and I hope you enjoyed your vacation in the hellbound pit of souls. Also, great work on the Red Baron, your style works particularly well with armoured badasses.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-03 02:26:51


A Doctor

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-03 02:31:21


it certainly is, nice to see you're back


Art Thread. Art Page. Facebook. Tumblr. I am currently using a tablet so spelling and grammar errors will happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-03 02:47:52


dude your fucking awesome, but I see what you d when you draw the lineart than the you do the crosshatching and hatching but your good with those.


BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-03 03:15:33


Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-03 05:59:45


Unfinished cover art for a comic I'm making.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-03 11:52:03


Yay you aren't dead!
Cool stuff as always

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-03 12:43:07


I was wondering where the fuck you went.
Some epic shit posted just now man.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-03 12:43:49


At 10/3/10 05:59 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Unfinished cover art for a comic I'm making.

w00t! Plague Doctor!


every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-03 12:45:04


Nice art dude! I rly like your Red Baron sketches :D


You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-08 07:24:49


At 10/3/10 11:52 AM, M-Vero wrote: Yay you aren't dead!
Cool stuff as always

Yeah! I'm glad too! I just hope I wont "die" again.

At 10/3/10 12:43 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I was wondering where the fuck you went.
Some epic shit posted just now man.

I didn't have a chance to use the internet for about a month and a half. It's because the internet bills were too high to cope with plus other problems. And I've been practicing. :D

At 10/3/10 12:43 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: w00t! Plague Doctor!

Yeah, this was inspired from you.

At 10/3/10 12:45 PM, Peglay wrote: Nice art dude! I rly like your Red Baron sketches :D

Thanks a lot man!

Anyway, Halloween is coming up. I made something but it's not colored. I guess I'm too lazy to color it. Looks familiar?

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-08 07:38:49


The first page of my comic. I just don't know how to put in the words. Help me?
First panel: They say I'm a doctor, but I think I don't look like one. Man, this sickness is driving everyone crazy.
Second panel: I don't remember how I got this job in the first place. I'm not even a qualified practitioner, but heck, they pay me a lot to do this disgusting job. Someone has to do it...
Third panel: Does this job scare me? Of course it does. Who knows? I might end up dead tomorrow. I don't even know if I'm actually curing anybody. Who cares? As long as I get paid. Sigh. This job sucks...

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-08 07:44:17


Amazing art, you have unproved a lot


BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-08 08:05:41


At 10/8/10 07:44 AM, noov wrote: Amazing art, you have unproved a lot

Improved a lot sorry.. im noob


BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-08 08:14:23


At 10/8/10 07:24 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Anyway, Halloween is coming up. I made something but it's not colored. I guess I'm too lazy to color it. Looks familiar?

You are a legend... shit 50, the amount you have improved in under a year is crazy. The hatching in the first one is pretty much just odd texture stuff that makes the drawing look kind of dirty but in this one the hatching is done extremely well that it doesn't even need colour <3

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-08 08:28:47


At 10/8/10 08:14 AM, CloudEater wrote: You are a legend... shit 50, the amount you have improved in under a year is crazy. The hatching in the first one is pretty much just odd texture stuff that makes the drawing look kind of dirty but in this one the hatching is done extremely well that it doesn't even need colour <3

Cloudy! I'm so glad I read your post again after a month or so. Your criticisms partly helped me to achieve this level. Thanks.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-08 08:40:11


At 10/8/10 07:38 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: The first page of my comic. I just don't know how to put in the words. Help me?
First panel: They say I'm a doctor, but I think I don't look like one. Man, this sickness is driving everyone crazy.
Second panel: I don't remember how I got this job in the first place. I'm not even a qualified practitioner, but heck, they pay me a lot to do this disgusting job. Someone has to do it...
Third panel: Does this job scare me? Of course it does. Who knows? I might end up dead tomorrow. I don't even know if I'm actually curing anybody. Who cares? As long as I get paid. Sigh. This job sucks...

Well, planning layout of comics is very important, your little problem shows why. one thing you could do (what I would do) is space the panels a bit so that you can add the text in the gutters below the pictures. This would be especially valid for this page because the text is narrated/thought instead of spoken.
Looks great though, You might want to try and experiment a bit more with layout panels, weird viewpoints, odd perspectives inverting black and white etc.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-08 09:05:50


At 10/8/10 08:40 AM, J-qb wrote: Well, planning layout of comics is very important, your little problem shows why. one thing you could do (what I would do) is space the panels a bit so that you can add the text in the gutters below the pictures. This would be especially valid for this page because the text is narrated/thought instead of spoken.
Looks great though, You might want to try and experiment a bit more with layout panels, weird viewpoints, odd perspectives inverting black and white etc.

Thanks a lot J-qb! It's a real help! I'll definitelt try it! Thanks again. It will take some timwe to adjust the panels though.
A pumpkin quickie.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-11 09:33:20


Time to get to coloring 3000 pixels of lineart. Too bad I'm slow at it. I will show you the progress in every step of the way.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-11 10:40:36


At 10/11/10 09:33 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Time to get to coloring 3000 pixels of lineart. Too bad I'm slow at it. I will show you the progress in every step of the way.

I liked this one particuarlly as a line art, so I'm interested to see what you'll do with it in colour.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-11 22:50:59


At 10/11/10 05:52 PM, Stix wrote: I have to say... I love your art style! Plus I have no idea how you're doing to pump stunning drawings so often. I don't know if you're really 14 as stated on your newgrounds profile, but if so... Sheesh, keep drawing!

Yes I really am 14. This is the result of hardcore practice lol. I never stopped asking techniques from others back then. And I checked a lot of tutorials.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-11 23:11:05


At 10/11/10 10:50 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Yes I really am 14. This is the result of hardcore practice lol. I never stopped asking techniques from others back then. And I checked a lot of tutorials.

This never really stopped baffling me until I just decided that to hell with it, your starting young really is the best thing that anyone could possibly do - and your commitment is legendary, man. The most I did at your age was a couple of anime pictures, so in a couple of years your art really is just going to rule all. And it's already really good now - your hatching has come a long way.

Might I ask how is it you're colouring your pictures? You might be doing it the hard way if it's taking you that long to colour.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-11 23:20:56


At 10/11/10 11:11 PM, Lintire wrote: This never really stopped baffling me until I just decided that to hell with it, your starting young really is the best thing that anyone could possibly do - and your commitment is legendary, man. The most I did at your age was a couple of anime pictures, so in a couple of years your art really is just going to rule all. And it's already really good now - your hatching has come a long way.

Might I ask how is it you're colouring your pictures? You might be doing it the hard way if it's taking you that long to colour.

Yeah, thanks a lot Lintire. I don't really know what motivates me to keep drawing. Maybe being the best there is. I would like to surpass awesome artists here in newgrounds. And this might be the only talent I have. Plus I never really have video games on my PC. LOL

No, I'm coloring fine, I'm just lazy as hell. Or maybe there are too many layers in each of my pics. Speaking of anime, I couldn't resist drawing one right now LOL.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-11 23:33:57


At 10/11/10 11:20 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Yeah, thanks a lot Lintire. I don't really know what motivates me to keep drawing. Maybe being the best there is. I would like to surpass awesome artists here in newgrounds. And this might be the only talent I have. Plus I never really have video games on my PC. LOL

No, I'm coloring fine, I'm just lazy as hell. Or maybe there are too many layers in each of my pics. Speaking of anime, I couldn't resist drawing one right now LOL.

I'm so awesome that I managed to both pick out why you draw on the first spot - that is, a tad touch of stat-whoring to be the best on Newgrounds (we all get to that stage sooner or later, and then tend to drop out of it) and that you didn't have any video games. My drawing subsided exactly the moment I got my first ps2, so I just guessed that you didn't have the equivalent of a ps2.

Anyway, yeah, I wouldn't bother with having too many layers. As someone who tend to digitally "paint" (most of the time I scribble down some shading, but I like to keep in the basics) I stick with two layers for colouring - one for the colours and one for the shading. Gets stuff done quick.

Like the newest piece, nothing wrong with anime.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-10-12 00:04:36


At 10/11/10 11:20 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: No, I'm coloring fine, I'm just lazy as hell. Or maybe there are too many layers in each of my pics. Speaking of anime, I couldn't resist drawing one right now LOL.

You forgot to erase a line in her arm, it's cutting through her fingers!!!!!