00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpareMayo999 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Brawl+ Community Of Ng!

5,364 Views | 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-01 23:41:57

Fine, he thinks Brawl is good for competitive play then. That's irrelevant to the argument anyways. The fact remains is that he's still playing Brawl+ because of its superior competitive value when he could just play a different game for the same reason.

Message me if you ever want to play SFIV or BlazBlue on XBOX Live!

I also enjoy Quake Live.

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-01 23:42:11

At 10/1/09 11:29 PM, JingoJoe14 wrote:

Brawl. Oh wait, I get it now. Brawl has the best balance of any fighter you've seen, and you said yourself that you see no reason to play other fighters when you like Smash's "formula" more. Now things make sense.

Lol... Brawl has balance... ha...hahaha.... There is so much wrong with that sentence :3

Anyways, I guess that he's right with the whole "smasher" thing. For me, I loved SSB64 and Melee. Brawl, I guess was a downgrade, but I liked the addition of so many characters. Playing brawl seemed so much more interesting than melee because melee was just "Sheik, Marth, Falco, and CF". No one played anyone else... and I thought that was stupid as hell seeing as there was a roster of about 25 characters.

With brawl, people play all characters ^.^
Tiers are there, but no one really sticks to them. At my university, there are tons of brawlers, all of them play different characters and I enjoy playing with all of them. I would stick with brawl to any other fighting game.

Also, I have just started playing Street Fighter II "Arcade Version", and Blazblue. My university has a games room, and I've had a chance to play a lot of new competitive games.

end rant

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-02 00:04:20

At 10/1/09 10:55 PM, Crumption wrote: Twillight Princess is a party game, amirite?

Twilight Princess has multiplayer?

At 10/1/09 10:59 PM, ikool wrote:
At 10/1/09 10:52 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: The Wii, made with parties and having fun in mind.
And the PS3 and Xbox360 were created with no intention of adding fun to their games?
Boring, AMIRITE?

Of course they were made with fun in mind, but not as much as Nintendo, not by a long shot.
The PS3/360 are going the route of "Home Entertainment Smorgasbord", trying to do everything and appeal to everyone.
The Wii is more family/party oriented.
I like how you keep trying steering offtopic and referencing other consoles and their games. We aren't talking about 360/PS3/Halo, we are talking about how you think Brawl isn't a party game, when indeed it is, as the Wii IS more family/party oriented.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-02 00:49:50

At 10/1/09 11:29 PM, JingoJoe14 wrote:
See, this is exactly what I was talking about. Brawl sucks, and you realize it (you used different words, but you agree its not good for competitive play). Instead of expanding your horizons, you're sticking with Brawl because that's the only game you know how to play. You refuse to step out of your comfort zone even though the game you're playing is trash.

And what balance are you talking about? SFIV is one of the most balanced fighters to date, and Virtua Fighter 5 is even more balanced. The Smash series has always had crappy balance, especially Brawl. Oh wait, I get it now. Brawl has the best balance of any fighter you've seen, and you said yourself that you see no reason to play other fighters when you like Smash's "formula" more. Now things make sense.

And its not about changing the game (although I'd like to add that Modding and Hacking are completely different). Its about showing an unreasonable amount of dedication to a game because you refuse to learn anything else. The game series you chose sucks, but you refuse to abandon it for something better. Its ridiculous and something only Smasher's would try.

You have a couple different points so I need to organize this specially. I'll bring out your points one by one and answer them.

See, this is exactly what I was talking about. Brawl sucks, and you realize it (you used different words, but you agree its not good for competitive play). Instead of expanding your horizons, you're sticking with Brawl because that's the only game you know how to play. You refuse to step out of your comfort zone even though the game you're playing is trash.

First of all, I do not think Brawl sucks. I think that it is unbalanced and overly defensive at higher levels of play. It's still fun to play, it's just that Brawl+ is so much better(as it should be since it's catered to what I want in a smash game) there is no reason for me to play Brawl any more. And how is sticking with one game keeping me from experiencing other games at the same time? I own steam, and I buy new games all the time as they go on sale. I've probably experienced much more that the hidden world of indie games and freeware has to offer than you have, as well as playing the more popular games. It's not a matter of not being willing to leave because it would be hard, it's a matter of not wanting to leave in the first place because I never disliked the game and is constantly getting improved.

And what balance are you talking about? SFIV is one of the most balanced fighters to date, and Virtua Fighter 5 is even more balanced. The Smash series has always had crappy balance, especially Brawl.
Brawl+ has MUCH more balanced than SF4, and it even has more characters. Every time something overpowering is found they fix it, so it's constantly improving it's own balance based on intelligent observation and experience. Normal Brawl may have had bad balance but Brawl+ has fixed that, it's already managed to have an entirely viable collection of 39 characters!
Oh wait, I get it now. Brawl has the best balance of any fighter you've seen, and you said yourself that you see no reason to play other fighters when you like Smash's "formula" more. Now things make sense.
I actually go to various SF4 tournaments and I know people that play Blazblue as well. I'm not ignorant of other fighters, I even own SF4. I just prefer smash because they are so different from one another, smash shouldn't even really be grouped in the same genre. I have no reason to get skilled at SF4 because although it's a bit fun, I don't find it nearly as engaging as smash, even compared to regular brawl.

And its not about changing the game (although I'd like to add that Modding and Hacking are completely different).
Hacking is modifying the game. Can you guess where the word "modding" comes from?
We are using hacks TO mod the game.
Its about showing an unreasonable amount of dedication to a game because you refuse to learn anything else.
I know how to play many other games, in all kinds of genres. I learned how to play Dwarf Fortress for gods sake and that game has one of the most ridiculous learning curves ever.

The game series you chose sucks, but you refuse to abandon it for something better. Its ridiculous and something only Smasher's would try.
"Better" is subjective. Personally I find vBrawl more fun than SF4 or Blazblu (I will admit I have not tried MvC2 though although I hear it is good). I also find Brawl+ to be the perfect fighting game for me.

All of your arguments are based off of biased and unfair assumptions that are untrue. People improve the game because they LIKE the game, and because they want to keep the same style of game (because that's a style that they enjoy) yet have it be more catered towards competitive play. Many people who play Brawl+ play other fighting games as well, and a lot of them even play vBrawl!

I can't think of a good enough conclusion because it's late at night, sorry to leave a good post hanging like this.

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-02 01:40:04

At 10/1/09 11:24 PM, Matt2358 wrote: You can just take out all the Brawl+ codes and leave the texture codes and stuff if you really wanted to.

Yea. You just need the original REOSB01.gct file I think.

Dark Souls consumed my life.

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-02 01:44:02

Nah the RSBE01 file still has some Brawl+ stuff on it.

But you can just turn a text with only the texture code/other codes you want into a new RSBE01 if you want.

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-02 02:47:28

I wish there was a way to do this with WII BROWSER. I can't afford a pc.(i'm "borrowing" a signal from a neighbor) so I can't figure it out and I can't use the libary because THEY watch people pretty closely.

SSBB FC 0989-9996-1521

Proud member of nhotspot.net(SSBBKING)

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-02 19:45:48

All you need is an SD card and any computer with internet and an SD card slot.

Just get a friend with a computer :|

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-02 20:38:11

At 10/2/09 02:47 AM, TCD2008 wrote: I wish there was a way to do this with WII BROWSER. I can't afford a pc.(i'm "borrowing" a signal from a neighbor) so I can't figure it out and I can't use the libary because THEY watch people pretty closely.

What Matt said. Its quite simple to do

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-02 22:31:55

At 10/2/09 07:45 PM, Matt2358 wrote: All you need is an SD card and any computer with internet and an SD card slot.

Just get a friend with a computer :|

yeah that's not easy considering 80% of the people in my town are either too old(60s), or too young(preteens) for me to hang out with and people my age(25) all drug addicts or they work too much to hang out.

SSBB FC 0989-9996-1521

Proud member of nhotspot.net(SSBBKING)

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-02 22:33:56

BBS Signature

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-03 15:03:59

At 10/2/09 10:33 PM, kidd25 wrote: yah gotta look at the dark side of things.

lol. CF for the win.

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-04 11:17:30

Matt any news bout v4.2? Id check but Im on wiinet.

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-04 16:49:55

At 10/4/09 11:46 AM, xscoot wrote: When the original creator said that it was a party game. Pic below.

Fuck. I lost the thread. I put up a good counterattack, but in the end, you are declared the victor

I tip my hat to you good sir

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-04 17:39:54

At 10/4/09 11:46 AM, xscoot wrote: When the original creator said that it was a party game. Pic below.

Well, to be fair, Brawl is really an action game.

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-04 17:44:35

Yo dawgs...

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2009-10-05 10:37:56

I don't care about the actual discussion in the thread crink I just want it on the front page so people can learn about the game.

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2010-02-05 22:31:18

Woah man fuck all that shit. The games are fine like they are haha

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2010-03-09 08:55:54

I've got a problem: they say I have to put the 'fighter' folder in /private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/(in my case RSBP because I live in Europe). however I don't have a pf folder. only 'al' which is album, 'rp' my replays from normal brawl(do I need to delete them or not?) and 'st' custom stages (is empty).

So my question is: do need to make a pf folder or am I screwed?

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2010-03-09 09:04:50

...Or I could just play it normally. Like a normal person.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to The Brawl+ Community Of Ng! 2010-04-12 01:43:07

Umm... Brawl+ Gold 7.0.2 is out and works on 4.2

_-^"*"^-_-^*"Angel Olvera"*^-_-^*"*^-_

BBS Signature