00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

alexwood319 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Knocturne's Art

51,356 Views | 570 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-11-17 09:41:41

At 11/17/11 04:03 AM, Knocturne wrote: I wish I had posted the poster sooner, that show is long over haha

Your band needs more facial hair. You draw them like children, yet you guys all have scruff :P

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-11-17 15:51:38

It's my artistic choice Jon =[

Naw it's cuz I suck at facial hair haha I'll do it next time just for you

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-11-24 23:30:36

Sketches of the character Allisa for which my band has several songs which are about her.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-11-24 23:31:50

Her as she is in the song Allisa

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-11-24 23:34:48

At different ages

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-11-24 23:35:56

Her crying ;P

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-11-29 10:38:51

My band uploaded two of our newest songs, She Takes My Breath Away and Gravity, yup this counts as art: http://www.reverbnation.com/theplanetplu to

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-11-29 10:40:55

Nice art and.... um... music art?... WOO, looking forward to hearing more of your stuff... while looking at more of your cool pictures!...

i really like sketches

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-12-05 22:27:44

I made some peanut butter pies, and only decorated one because I never tried making my food look nice before.

Totally gonna upload some sketches I've done at work but it's like 20+ doodlesd and sketches and 'practice'

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-12-05 22:32:07

At 12/5/11 10:27 PM, Knocturne wrote: I made some peanut butter pies, and only decorated one because I never tried making my food look nice before.

Totally gonna upload some sketches I've done at work but it's like 20+ doodlesd and sketches and 'practice'

Naow I want dessert, dat pie looks worth eatting whole D:

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-12-05 23:03:42

I don't like eating sweets much but I ate that pie enthusiastically (well the other one I made that I brought to work).

Here's a thing I have been working on, it was supposed to be a Gaia-esque figure weeping and the tears form various flora and fauna but I was doing it in pen and I didn't think enough as I went along.

So, I think I'm gonna finish this by borrowing a friend's tablet, fixing the lips, eyebrows and making it at least a waist length drawing.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-12-05 23:11:53

A lot of these are interesting sketches but it would be nice to see some of it more confidently inked/digitized as final pieces, cause there are some nice concepts you have floating around. Like make a logo/official ID type thing of Alissa perhaps!

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-12-05 23:15:19

Nice work, but in all honesty I would like to see some finished works from you. I know you can do better than that.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-12-06 10:12:58

It's sad, I probably have the worst "completion rate" in the forums, maybe 10% of the stuff I upload ever ends up finished.

I tried to reach your expectations while I was on lunch break (I work graveyards so lunch was at 3:00AM) but nothing really started to jell together.

It's mostly because my skill level is too low to really do what I want to do as far as narrative through imagery or whatever, but I like to squeeze out the concepts and in the hopes that one day I can go back to it and do it right. I'm crazy like that.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-19 23:44:54

Started cleaning up that one drawing I posted on here somewhere... the lines are really squiggly and imperfect, for no reason other than the business of the overall image will make the lines' unkemptness hard to see (or so I think)

Extra points if you know where I'm going with this drawing

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-21 02:04:32

Made more headway with that drawing, here's a close up to see what I did besides the background.

I'm totally fixing the chin so yeaaah

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-22 06:20:45

Close up of that picture, decided to go full body but I wanna fish up the face first which is a mistake already but meh. I redid some of the parts Cloudy and a few pals pointed out, there's stillsome anatomical issues though...

This is becoming my favorite drawing just because I'm enjoying it a lot more than I usually enjoy drawin'

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-24 02:45:14

Tried to fix some of the anatomical issues, got some of them down, others not so much. I'm satisfied with how it's turning up thusfar, I need to tweak the eyelids a bit and I'm gonna start doodling different body poses to try and figure how I'll be portraying the body, then there's the tears...

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-24 02:54:56

it is coming out pretty neat man, can't wait to see it done. though i have a question, will her face remain that color? nothing wrong with it just asking.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-24 03:00:27

Yeah, cuz in my head I created this story where there's this being who exists in darkness. She's alone and immortal etc., and after a while she starts to weep and as her tears leave her eyes they kinda float away and materialize into galaxies and stars and planets and such,

It's a standard creation myth and I feel like the color was a nice little way of getting away with not using skin tones we got but rather give her a color pallet that was spacey and otherworldly.

The current problem I'm having is getting a proper way to indicate the immensity of her size through just imagery. I dunno how I can accomplish that.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-25 03:06:33

Netflix, that's why

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-25 04:12:34

Done with this doodle, gonna sleep nows

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-25 04:20:41

At 1/24/12 03:00 AM, Knocturne wrote: The current problem I'm having is getting a proper way to indicate the immensity of her size through just imagery. I dunno how I can accomplish that.

Perhaps if in one or two of the tears close up you can see a galaxy within it, that would communicate her size.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-29 12:31:34

1" button design, kinda looks like the symbol for Super Smash Bros.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-29 13:02:25

At 1/29/12 12:31 PM, Knocturne wrote: 1" button design, kinda looks like the symbol for Super Smash Bros.

It's actually near identical, except for the curve of the P and the colouring.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-29 13:12:14

And how the thickness of the lines are the same here and other stuff, just decided to actually look at that logo. I don't think it's identical (because the other logo is two lines and the circle here is due to it being a button), but I might have to change this one a bit.

It was just a quick design, I have to do a bunch more anyway, thi was just the first piece of graphic design work I've done in two years, so I was kinda excited that it wasn't completely bad.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-29 13:28:44

Exact same design, nixed the lines so it's basically the logo with that space background I drew masked behind it ;O

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/903e 6e1d4fb773500998595335f33798

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-01-29 13:35:26

At 1/29/12 01:28 PM, Knocturne wrote: Exact same design, nixed the lines so it's basically the logo with that space background I drew masked behind it ;O

Yeah, I prefer this button, especially because I prefer the logo you guys use already.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-02-09 22:52:39

Here's something I'm working on for my band

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-02-10 18:56:48

More progress, kinda had a hard time doing the proportions and stuff

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature