00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Knocturne's Art

51,468 Views | 570 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-02-10 20:21:26

At 1 hour ago, Knocturne wrote: More progress, kinda had a hard time doing the proportions and stuff

You've entered the work of dickneck proportions :/

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-02-10 20:41:37

At 17 minutes ago, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Knocturne wrote: More progress, kinda had a hard time doing the proportions and stuff
You've entered the work of dickneck proportions :/

Zat bad?

Also, here's a close up
Also, zat bad?
Also, I was trying to do weird proportions on purpose, but I wanted it to feel natural for the character, (plus I totes draw long necks naturally ((even though it looks wrong usually)))

Now I'm thinking about how ugly it looks =[

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-02-10 20:52:02

i like the body proportions.

looks good so far.

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-02-10 21:12:16

At 28 minutes ago, Knocturne wrote: Also, I was trying to do weird proportions on purpose, but I wanted it to feel natural for the character, (plus I totes draw long necks naturally ((even though it looks wrong usually)))

I don't mind the stretched body, but I think the neck is still a bit long regardless.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-02-10 22:38:49

I think it works well with the whole "sketchy person with a sketchy mask" theme you have going on there xD

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-02-10 22:53:59

At 2 hours ago, Knocturne wrote: Zat bad?

Looks fine.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-02-10 23:05:51

My problem with the neck isn't that it's too long, but it looks like it's broken on the right, halfway down.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-02-11 00:18:51

perrty

i like the neck, just that jugular bit sticking out still its gives it some character.

try this out... flip the image horizontally it'll help you see the image in a new light.
when i did it i noticed there' some wonky-ness in the shoulders (one looks more massive than the other even tho its in perspective). Also the little space where the 2 collar bones meet is a bit off from the body's center line :)

i'm prolly just nitpicking but if you get into the habit of flipping it now and then helps a lot, at least fur me

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-02-11 01:14:13

Im working on a piece with a similarly long neck as well. Im battling with the same problem. I found out the more anatomically pronounced they look the more convincing they look.

It hasn't completely worked for me but it helped.

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-02-13 11:28:48

Thanks for the tips, I'm gonna go at the neck in a bit, I was trying to figure some details not sure about the eye I added, not sure about much really.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-03-07 12:27:25

Last thing I drew or one of them anyway

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-03-09 21:41:09

Decided I need to finish things more so I continued working on this one, fixed the neck in the laziest way but it's fine, probably gonna create ornate patterns on the clothes since it's pretty boring.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-03-15 13:24:15

Another thing I'm working on

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-03-15 14:36:47

At 1 hour ago, Knocturne wrote: Another thing I'm working on

that one i must say is quite lovely, i like the shapes and the anatomy and proportions looks quite nice, can't wait to see an update.

as for your earlier one there's some weirdness in some parts of the body, i'm all for stylizing and stretching limbs and elongating but it still has to be convincing and believable.

i flipped the canvas and just pointed out some parts that looked strange

Knocturne's Art

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-03-15 19:23:38

At 4 hours ago, jagondudo wrote: as for your earlier one there's some weirdness in some parts of the body, i'm all for stylizing and stretching limbs and elongating but it still has to be convincing and believable.

Oh yeah, two things:
1. That version is just outdated, I already fixed the resting arm and some other weirdness issues I was having

2. I hadn't gotten to the legs yet, that positioning isn't even how I have it now, I'd upload the newwer version but I'm having issues with photoshop at the moment

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-03-26 16:06:42

Decided to try out these 'art pens' I've had for years but never used, oh snap I draw beak doctors as much as Tre draws vexons

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-04-24 22:56:32

Drew my character East in pencil, haven't drawn in pencil in months, feels good!

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-04-25 22:52:33

Finished the drawing, probably gonna color it when I'm free

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-04-28 00:45:04

My D&D character Gri

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-04-28 00:46:13

Larrue

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-04-28 00:47:26

I kinda noticed that the neck/shoulder area is a huge problem area for some raisin. Tips?

Here's Goggles

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-04-28 00:48:35

Vince & Deth from an animation I never finished

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-04-28 09:46:56

At 4/28/12 12:48 AM, Knocturne wrote: Vince & Deth from an animation I never finished

Have you ever finished an animation?
Not to sound condescending, more of an actual inquiry.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-04-28 16:47:34

At 4/28/12 09:46 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Have you ever finished an animation?
Not to sound condescending, more of an actual inquiry.

Yeah, mostly the highschool assignments outside of highschool maybe one or two

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-04-30 11:32:53

Probable album cover for our b-sides album Dreams With Sharp Teeth, I know it's not album size yet, just messing around with the art at the moment and stuff
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/7b56953fc4fedf4e713b73a8 4801976b

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-04-30 12:40:13

At 3/15/12 02:36 PM, jagondudo wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Knocturne wrote: Another thing I'm working on
that one i must say is quite lovely, i like the shapes and the anatomy and proportions looks quite nice, can't wait to see an update.

as for your earlier one there's some weirdness in some parts of the body, i'm all for stylizing and stretching limbs and elongating but it still has to be convincing and believable.

you used Michelangelo's statue of david as a reference?
the pose is very similiar as well as the proportions.

Micheleangelo made the proportions distorted on purpose because the statue was supposed to be on a roof and he wanted the "important" parts to be visible. personally I really like the proportions used here.

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-05-28 17:42:12

Last thing I've been working on & offly is my band's album art, taking forever, getting lazy here's one concept thing

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-06-18 12:22:44

Was trying to decide on what animal I was going to use as the logo/mascot for my little design projects I've been up to lately. I was thinking a moth, a cat, an owl, a red panda or a beak doctor/raven... this doodle happened during my brainstorming

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-06-18 12:27:23

At 6/18/12 12:22 PM, Knocturne wrote: Was trying to decide on what animal I was going to use as the logo/mascot for my little design projects I've been up to lately. I was thinking a moth, a cat, an owl, a red panda or a beak doctor/raven... this doodle happened during my brainstorming

how 'bout a jellyfish? underrated creature if you ask me

Response to Knocturne's Art 2012-06-18 12:47:42

At 6/18/12 12:27 PM, M-Maher wrote:
how 'bout a jellyfish? underrated creature if you ask me

Could work, might do something related to that thanks

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature